logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: *review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-01-16 21:48
Need a Laugh? Check out My Big Fat Demon Slayer Wedding by Angie Fox @AngieFoxauthor
My Big Fat Demon Slayer Wedding - Angie Fox

I was looking for something easy to read and all I had to do is sit back and enjoy.   Well, My Big Fat Demon Slayer Wedding by Angie Fox was just the ticket.

My Big Fat Demon Slayer Wedding (Demon Slayer, #5)

Goodreads  /  Amazon

MY ONE SENTENCE REVIEW

Outrageously funny band of biker bitches witches help Lizzie battle the evil Earl and plan her wedding kept me laughing, because of its cast of quirky characters with magical spells that don’t always work the way they should and creatures that cover the supernatural world.

I picked this up on an Amazon free day and I’m glad it didn’t get buried in my Kindle.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  3 Stars

Read more here.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gifLook on the right sidebar and let’ talk.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting fundinmental!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/need-laugh-check-big-fat-demon-slayer-wedding-angie-fox-angiefoxauthor
review 2018-01-16 10:00
Release Day Review! Dangerous Mating (A.F.L.A. #3) by Milly Taiden.
Dangerous Mating (An A.L.F.A. Novel) - Milly Taiden

An undercover mission exposes hidden longings in the irresistible paranormal romance series from the New York Timesbestselling author of Mating Needs

The Alpha League Federal Agency’s sworn duty is to protect humanity from the worst of the paranormal universe. Wolf-shifter Agent Bryon Day has been deep undercover for more than a year, investigating a human trafficking ring, when he goes MIA. Since A.L.FA. never leaves an agent behind, a team is sent to save him—or bring his body home.

FBI agent and ace cryptographer Kari Tomlin is selected for the rescue task force. Under the ruse of a ditsy tourist, she searches an ancient European city for Agent Day. When she learns he’s locked up in the palace’s dungeon, she plans a covert jailbreak. Together they risk the dangerous, booby-trapped tunnels below the city for freedom…and a chance to discover if this really is a mate bond growing between them.

The first thing that I have to tell you about Dangerous Mating is that the heroine is an unexpected delight. Kari seems to be an unlikely agent with some quirky and unorthodox ways about her and she seems to be a little on the ‘accident prone’ side but yet at the same time she fits right in and delights readers. All the characters are strong, compelling and grab reader’s attention but Kari’s rescue of Bryon is draws readers in as the couple find themselves on a treacherous path to safety. Their romance is hot and steamy but filled with danger which keeps readers turning each and every page.

The action and suspense keeps readers on the edge of their seats with twists and turns that also keep them guessing. The bad guys are the kind that evoke all kinds of emotions from readers as they root for Kari and Bryon to take them down.

Milly Taiden has brought another world to life with her well written words that paints vivid images and ensure that the readers feel as if they are a part of the story. The A.F.L.A. world is full of suspense, danger, excitement and captivating and sexy characters and I can’t wait to read the next one.

Dangerous Mating is the 3rd book in the A.F.L.A. series.

Book 4 Fearless Mating is set to be released on April 17, 2018.

Dangerous Mating is available in ebook at:

Amazon   B&N   Kobo   iBook   GPlay

Milly Taiden can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Amazon   Facebook   Pintrest   Twitter

review 2018-01-16 09:17
Powerful and beautiful collection of adult fairytales, that would have impressed the Brothers Grimm
The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic - Sara Kipin,Leigh Bardugo

This is a powerful collection of fairytales, and it would have made the Brothers Grimm incredibly impressed. Leigh Bardugo has such a disctinctive ‘voice’ when it comes to her writing, and it lends itself well to allegorical tales such as these, with vivid imagery, and vibrant characters, some frightening, and some beautiful.

You can’t help but be drawn into even the most scary stories, just like you did when you heard Little Red Riding Hood’ for the first time, but this you realize is on a much grander and more lavish scale.
The book itself is a delight to hold and read, and the illustrations by Sara Kipin make it a keepsake you’ll want to treasure. It’s not a book to rush through and the stories are definitely ones that make you think. Thorny, sumptuous and very clever.

review 2018-01-16 08:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Last Chance

Please join us in celebrating the release of

Last Chance by Lauren Runow!

Title: Last Chance by Lauren Runow
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Cover Designer: Designed With Grace
Release Date: January 9, 2017

Amazon

Add to your TBR on Goodreads

Synopsis

Last Chance is a story of love and heartache proving that life is not always fair, but it's worth the pain to get the moments you’ll treasure forever.

Mackenzie

From the very first moment I laid eyes on him, I knew my heart was his for the taking. He was the boy who filled me with butterflies and made my palms turn clammy at the mere sight of him.

There was only one problem… he was my best friend’s older brother.

It’s been eight years since I’ve last seen him, and I refuse to live another day without telling him the truth. So here I stand, taking my last chance to get him to notice me, my last chance to see if he feels the same way.

I need to know if he is just a fantasy, or if he could be my reality…

Before my reality changes forever.

Connor

I never wanted a girlfriend; I was burned by love and vowed to never go down that road again. But when the beautiful girl I’ve known practically my entire life snuck her way into my arms there was something that changed in me. I wanted to be with her, next to her. Just simply kissing her lips made my life complete.

Now I have one mission.

To make hers complete, too.

Gravity_jacket_REVEALFILE.png

Gravity_jacket_REVEALFILE.png

Enter to win a signed copy and a $10 Amazon giftcard!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Last ChanceLast Chance by Lauren Runow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mackenzie AKA "Kenzie" is best friends with Connor's little sister. He will always think of her like that. One night changes everything and she gets her fantasy. Is there room for more?

Connor's mind is blown. The little girl he never dreamed would become his everything is suddenly grown up. Right there. All he could ever want. With a secret that could ruin it all.

This story was a real different choice for me. I tend to stay to the lighthearted side of romance and this was just more real. Like real life in your face - real. I ended up completely loving it, because the story inside just captivated me. With a compelling plot, it moves along just slow enough to burn at the edges.... and leave you with fascinating singes. The characters are drawn to one another and the chemistry just sucks you right into its vortex. I eagerly turned each page.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Lauren Runow.jpg
 About the Author:

Lauren Runow is the author of multiple Adult Contemporary Romance novels, some more dirty than others. When Lauren isn't writing, you'll find her listening to music, at her local CrossFit, reading, or at the baseball field with her boys. Her only vice is coffee, and she swears it makes her a better mom!

Lauren is a graduate from the Academy of Art in San Francisco and is the founder and co-owner of the community magazine she and her husband publish. She lives in Northern California with her husband and two sons.

You can also stay in touch through the social media links below:

Twitter at https://twitter.com/LaurenRunow

Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/laurenjrunow

Instagram at https://instagram.com/Lauren_Runow/

BookBub at https://www.bookbub.com/authors/laure...

or sign up for her newsletter at http://eepurl.com/btD6j9

review 2018-01-16 07:46
Beautiful, terrifying, spellbinding and vivid; it’s easy to see why this is a YA horror classic
Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake

How had I not read this amazing ghost story, filled with blood and a touch of romance before now? Spurred on by the fact the author Kendare Blake will be here in town for a signing, and me just knowing by looking at the cover that I was going to love the book (and therefore read it at my usual breakneck speed), I had to read this at last. I know Blake has new books out but it's easy to see why this has become the sort of book that people recommend when you ask ' do you know of any good YA ghost stories?'. Well, yes, I do.

This is a 'new' classic: there's the chilling haunted house, the handsome ghost hunter Cas, the terrifying, beautiful ghost of Anna, and a tale that doesn't let up until the very last page. It's gory, funny, romantic, vivid, and just a brilliant piece of writing. It's also heartbreaking, and not just a fluffy piece of young adult literature. The best part of waiting a few years before getting to a book is that the second one has already been written! Nothing but good things to say about a very dark and chilling but fantastic novel. Instant favorite.