logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: *review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-11-20 10:00
Release Day Review! Beneath the Skin (de La Vega Cats # 3) by Lauren Dane
Beneath the Skin - Lauren Dane

Previously published; newly refreshed by author

Fall in love with the de La Vega cat shifters in this classic paranormal romance from
 New York Times bestselling author Lauren Dane, a spin-off of the fan-favorite Cascadia Wolves series

Sometimes justice comes with blood…

Mia Porter came home to Boston to recover, but her military reflexes kick in when a fellow jaguar is gunned down only inches away. Getting the handsome stranger to safety and removing the bullets is the easy part...discovering she’s saved a member of the very family hers has been at war with for half a century makes things tricky.

Nor is she pleased her cat finds his to be quite an attractive specimen.

Gibson de La Vega, Bringer of Justice, enforces his Alpha’s law and defends de La Vega territory against all. But even he’s not immune to silver bullets. That Gibson feels the same burning desire for Mia only complicates matters.

Negotiating an end to an epic familial feud is nothing compared to the violence sparked by the attack on Gibson. As heat and need build between them, Mia and Gibson will fight together to protect their families from a danger far closer to home than anyone expects.

This book is approximately 55,000 words

One-click with confidence. This title is part of the Carina Press Romance Promise
 : all the romance you’re looking for with an HEA/HFN. It’s a promise!

Once again the de La Vega Cats give readers some serious red hot romance with action and suspense.

Neither Mia nor Gibson suspected that Mia saving Gibson’s life would lead to something special, so the relationship between begins with a dramatic event and slowly builds into their happily ever after as they get to know each other. But you know romance is one thing and chemistry is something else altogether different and this couple has some sizzling chemistry from the first sight. The characters are well written and the readers just fall into their story from the get go making this an easy to read but impossible to put down book.

The de La Vegas once again find themselves facing hatemongers and an enemy that they didn’t see coming as the suspense and action keeps readers on the edge of their seat. There is also a tense situation that stems from the past which complicates Mia and Gibson’s growing relationship which adds a bit of drama to the story as well as adding depth to the characters as a group.

Again, N.J. Walters has provided a well written story that never has a dull moment and characters that I couldn’t help but fall in love with and I can’t wait to find out what she has in store for us next.

Beneath the Skin is the second book in the de La Vega Cats series

From the author’s website: The de La Vega Cats series is being re-released with new covers, blurbs and light edits. They will remain the same stories as the original versions.

The de La Vega Cat series takes place in the same world as

Cascadia Wolves & Bound by Magick

Beneath the Skin is available in ebook at:

CarinaPress   Amazon   B&N   Kobo   iBooks   GPlay   BAM   eBooks

Lauren Dane can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter

review 2017-11-20 08:00
The Darkest Room
The Darkest Room - Johan Theorin

Joakim and Katrine decide to move to a manor near the shore of Öland. There have been a number of strange deaths ever since the house was build using salvage wood from a wrecked ship.

I don't really know what to think of this story. I liked his first book better, I guess. I'm not really into ghost stories and I think I expected it to be slightly different. The writing style was nice and it was nice to read but nothing special. I still want to read his new book, because his first book was very good and maybe this story just wasn't my cup of tea.

review 2017-11-19 08:00
Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception
Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception - Maggie Stiefvater

I liked the series about the wolves and that was why I wanted to try this series as well. I had little to no knowledge about fairies and whatsoever but I thought; lets give it a try.

I was not really what I expected it to be. The love story was weak and not really imaginative, the story itself was not great either. I was quite disappointed reading it. For me, it was not as special as her other series, which I enjoyed. I wouldn't recommend this series, please try her other series!

review 2017-11-18 13:57
Secrets For The Mad by Dodie Clark

You can tell that Dodie is not a professional writer, not that this is written badly by any means. There are just some parts that drag a little or the wording is a little odd and doesn't flow too well. I still really enjoy the book.

I love her as a person, and enjoy getting to know more about her, at least the stuff she was willing to share in this book, and it seemed she shared quite a lot! Thanks Dodie. We need to talk more about stuff like this so people know we're important, too. Invisible illnesses are the worst, because nobody believes us.

I relate to the mental health stuff she is going through, though I do not have the exact same mental disorder she has. It makes me so sad to know someone as nice as Dodie feels as bad as I feel, if not worse (at times) because of her fame and differences in her life.

This book makes it even more clear how strong and brave Dodie is. It's not easy to share your innermost feelings, let alone with millions of strangers. I do not know if she fully realizes how much of a role model she is to people of all ages. She seems like such a humble person. Of course this is from what I see of her online personality and this book.

One of the things in the book that I liked is how she talked about being able to find humor even during the worst of times. We've got to be able to laugh and sometimes we need that humor to get through tough situations.

She stresses about how important self care is. This is something I really agree with, but often forget, so I am glad she talks about it.

The poetry and song lyrics were a great touch. I also loved the photos and drawings scattered throughout. I can only imagine how pretty the physical book will be.

My final thoughts: If you are a Dodie fan, you might like this! Even if you do not know her, you might relate if you suffer from mental health issues. I do feel this is written for a teenage audience, but who cares about age. I hope all ages can love this and get to know Dodie.