Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: *review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-03-17 08:26
Inherit The Stars
Inherit the Stars - Tessa Elwood

Inherit The Stars is the first book in a duology by the same title. It has some problems, sure, but after reading the negative reviews, I was bracing myself for much worse.

Asa, as youngest daughter of a great House, pretends to be her older sister and gets married to the Heir of another great House. All of this is rather impulsive, which really characterizes Asa. She's not likeable and difficult to feel any kind of sympathy for. The romance I think, will not surprise anyone. However, besides these things it was a rather fast and nice read. Since I already have the second book in the duology, I will be reading it some time.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

review 2018-03-17 08:10
Cold Dream Dawning
Cold Dream Dawning (Pale Queen Series) - A. R. Kahler

I haven't read the first book in the Pale Queen series, and neither any of the other trilogies by A.R. Kahler, but besides some minor confusion during Cold Dream Dawning this didn't bother me, and it could also be read as a standalone.

The beginning was rather slow, and it was a bit harder to keep focused on the book but once the pace picked up it was an entertaining read. The characters were quite nice and I'm considering reading the next instalment in the series to see where it is going.

review 2018-03-17 08:00
Bloody Mary
Bloody Mary - Garth Ennis,Carlos Ezquerra

Bloody Mary is a reprint of an original series from 1997. So, I assumed that at least some people thought it had stand up to time and was worthy of a new edition.

However, not often I've been able to say that I didn't like a book more convincingly than with Bloody Mary. It really wasn't for me. Neither style, story or art could bother me. A struggle to finish.

review 2018-03-17 07:53
Dead Wrong
DEAD WRONG a gripping detective thriller full of suspense - HELEN H. DURRANT

Dead Wrong introduces us to detectives Calladine & Bayliss in the start of a new series of police procedurals. A lot has been said and done in that genre so it is difficult to stay original but they make nice quick reads.

The balance is a little bit too much towards the personal life of Calladine, which couldn't really interest me. The case was not that complicated but kept my interest. I've got some other books in the series as well, and will read them at some time.

review 2018-03-17 07:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Two Wedding Crashers

By Meghan Quinn

I don’t know what love is anymore.

Well, that’s not entirely true, but I’m going to tell you a little secret: I’ve lost the spark.

You know the kind of spark I’m talking about?

Where butterflies take flight in your stomach from two hands innocently colliding. Or catching your breath when you first meet someone attractive. Yeah, that spark.

Except I haven't felt that feeling in forever; there is nothing left inside of me.

Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem--but I’m a writer on a serious deadline, and my editor is breathing down my neck for a romantic, Nicholas Sparks type love story. No pressure, right?

That's how I find myself flying across the country to crash a wedding in the name of research, dress and heels stuffed into my small suitcase.

It should be the easiest book research ever. Drinking some free champagne, basking in the love of two strangers, and tapping into my romantic side. That will be a breeze. I'm a pro. I can handle this.

Until I mistakenly end up in the wrong hotel room, naked as the day I was born, with the sexiest human I have ever met staring me down, wondering what I'm doing taking a shower in his bathroom. I don't think calling it research will get me out of this pickle.

ADD TO GOODREADS http://bit.ly/2FgXO0i

Chills scream their way down my arms and legs, my nipples pucker, and just like that, with one word, all humor vanishes from our little conversation and awareness of this all-consuming man wrapped around me hits me hard.

Gathering myself, I say, “Tell me something Chris and Justine know about you.”

“Hmm.” His thumbs hook under the waistband of my shorts, playing with the lower part of my hipbones. His touch spurs on my pelvis, needing to rock, begging for him to go lower. My toes curl in my sandals and my back slightly arches, reaching for more. “Something they know about me.”

His mouth doesn’t stray from its position against my ear, and his hips start to slowly move underneath me, his legs tangling with mine. Involuntarily, one of my hands hooks the back of his neck as I hold on tightly to him, feeling like I need support from the onslaught of sensation I’m feeling.

I hear him say something, but it doesn’t register in my brain, which has turned to mush as his thumbs stray from my hipbones to right above my pubic bone.

There is no denying how turned on I am, how wet I am from his mere touch, how much—despite my reservations—I want this man.

With each stroke, my head turns farther and farther to the side until our noses are touching, Beck’s head bends forward to meet me halfway. My eyes flutter shut for a brief moment before I open them and am captured by those flecks of green and gold.

The air stills around us, our breath mixing, swirling between us, our lips so close.

One swipe of this thumb.

Another one.

I can’t breathe.

I can’t focus.

Another swipe, my head leans even closer, my tongue wetting my lips.

One more swipe . . .

My heart hammers in my chest, my skin prickling with awareness.

Beck brings his mouth even closer, only a whisper away now, and he waits.

Holding still.

His breathing feeling erratic beneath me.

And I’m gone.

I bring my mouth to his, slowly parting my lips ever so slightly, just enough to maneuver my mouth across his.

A low, provocative moan escapes Beck as one of his hands snags the back of my head and holds me in place, almost as if he lets go, I’ll disappear.

Needing more, I shift on his lap so I’m straddling him once again, my hands on his bare chest, feeling the powerful sinew that holds him together.

Our lips press and mold, mingling, taking, begging . . .

Beck’s tongue runs against my bottom lip, eliciting a moan from deep within me, lighting a fire so hot, so wild, my hands start to travel up his neck to his cheeks where I grip him, positioning his head so when I open my mouth, I can expertly dive my tongue onto his.
He groans, his lap shifting against mine now, his hard-on pressing against my wet and throbbing center. I match his rocking, using my position on his lap to take advantage of his length I can feel through his board shorts.

This is exactly what I didn’t want to happen, but God, am I happy it has. Maybe I really should live in the moment, maybe I should take advantage of the opportunity, maybe I should…

Two Wedding Crashers (Dating by Numbers, #2)Two Wedding Crashers by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Dating By Numbers series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For understanding of the series, I recommend reading this in order.

Beck is talked into crashing a wedding by his married friends who need a weekend alone. He really just wants to have a hook-up of his own. Then he spies a fellow traveler who tickled his fancy, funny bone and all.

Rylee has been struck by the worst case of writers block. Along with a deadline, she is zooming in on what might be a career epic failure. Her friend convinces her to crash a wedding in order to fire up her muse. What could possibly go wrong?

This story started out with a bang! I was laughing right away. These characters truly had chemistry together before they even knew. What a great addition to the series.

Born in New York and raised in Southern California, Meghan has grown into a sassy, peanut butter eating, blonde haired swearing, animal hoarding lady. She is known to bust out and dance if “It’s Raining Men” starts beating through the air and heaven forbid you get a margarita in her, protect your legs because they may be humped.

Once she started commuting for an hour and twenty minutes every day to work for three years, she began to have conversations play in her head, real life, deep male voices and dainty lady coos kind of conversations. Perturbed and confused, she decided to either see a therapist about the hot and steamy voices running through her head or start writing them down. She decided to go with the cheaper option and started writing… enter her first novel, Caught Looking.

Now you can find the spicy, most definitely on the border of lunacy, kind of crazy lady residing in Colorado with the love of her life and her five, furry four legged children, hiking a trail or hiding behind shelves at grocery stores, wondering what kind of lube the nervous stranger will bring home to his wife. Oh and she loves a good boob squeeze!

Facebook | Follow on Goodreads | Website