logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-02-16 17:19
Review: Bloodwitch (The Witchlands #3) by Susan Dennard
Bloodwitch - Susan Dennard

Fans of Susan Dennard's New York Times bestselling Witchlands series have fallen in love with the Bloodwitch Aeduan. And now, finally, comes his story.

High in a snowy mountain range, a monastery that holds more than just faith clings to the side of a cliff. Below, thwarted by a lake, a bloodthirsty horde of raiders await the coming of winter and the frozen path to destroy the sanctuary and its secrets.

The Bloodwitch Aeduan has teamed up with the Threadwitch Iseult and the magical girl Owl to stop the destruction. But to do so, he must confront his own father, and his past.

*I received a free copy from the publisher via Bookish First and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

This books starts of a bit after where the last book ended. The ending from last book gave am a bit of hope for the characters. But it is soon apparent that things are not turning for the better that was first believed. Much like last book this book was very story and characters, but we also get a great amount of action here. We also learn so much more background of both story and characters.

As with last book we get a couple more POV in this one and you would think it be confusing but it really is not and adds so much more to the story.  The crew is still separated for the most part and everyone is trying to find and save someone.

Of course a parts is centered on Aeduan and Iseult but also, I think, equal parts all the other people. The truce was broken as we know and with that the war is raging. Everyone is fighting and trying to escape somewhere.

There are plenty of twist in this book, I got to the point that I didn’t know who to trust, and mostly did not see things coming. The last 150-200 pages were insane and nonstop action, surprises and emotional.

There were also some really interesting characters developments, that I didn’t see coming but ended up really likening.

The end was brutal. What a hell of a cliffhanger.  If you are not good with cliff hanger maybe wait for the next book to release.

Several characters we know and love may or may not make it …. That is pretty much where she left us with. That is all I can say, without spoiling things.

Overall I really loved this book and highly recommend this series to any and all fantasy lovers. Even with the major cliffhangers.

I give this book full 5 ★and now will ever so penitently wait for the next book.

Available NOW

Amazon *** B&N *** Kobo

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/index.php/2019/02/16/review-bloodwitch-the-witchlands-3-by-susan-dennard
review 2019-02-15 17:37
About A Boy and A Girl And How Thin The Plot Is...
All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven

We have read this before in the newspapers. We heard it from other people. Its a subject of taboo that we do not want to talk about... suicide. There are many reasons that leads to such a choice and its commonly known and read how suicides among teens do happened, of their own private reasons. I had read one such book before reading All the Bright Places, which to me... I wonder then when I first bought it few years back many readers gave good ratings. Of course, not every one gave it that high... and I am one of them.

I had issues with this book from the beginning. I had a few more some where in the middle. It was not until I am reading towards the end, I realize this is a story not about Theodore Finch - its about Violet Markey and how they met that one change another's life forever. How Violet copes with lost, and how Finch manage to help her with it. Still, there is some thing I did not like from the beginning. It was superficial, it wasn't realistic and it tries hard to make a realization of the main theme. I had mixed feelings as I read and towards the middle, I never care about the characters any more. I just do not know what I should really care about as I go along. It was until the 3rd act that I had guessed where its headed and how this heading feels... too thin. Every thing is just surface. There's nothing deeper to it and that gave me a reason to push forward to end my reading quick.

I can't say its horrible at all, as its not really that bad too. On the one hand, its pretty much straight path. Although trying to keep me guessing (even for other readers), the closure for this was bittersweet. What spoils it was the beginning and middle. I do understand what Jennifer Niven is pointing out and on her notes, its through her experience. Still, it suffers a lot in some ways I just felt what's holding my reading was if I bother to finish it and I did.

Overall - I felt a 3.5 out of 5 is a given. It would have been better if the characters are explored and the reasons are properly executed or laid out. What suffers it is what I said from above.

review 2019-02-15 05:32

• Language: English
  • ASIN: B07MFPZLTR
Release Date: February 14, 2019
Cover Photo: Lindee Robinson Photography
Arc copy provided for honest review
Review by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
5 stars from us

I had secrets that were drowning me, and my worst fear was he was going to get tired of waiting for me to put my big girl panties on and reveal the biggest one.
Him.

Shiloh

My life started out with a tragedy—the death of my mother.
But I had something no other infant had, six amazing men. My father and his brothers in arms raised me and gave me the best life any kid could ask for.
I grew up in the loving arms of the Wounded Souls, and each and every one of them protected and loved me beyond measure. Even when I lost two of the most important people in my life, the Souls never let me fall.
After Dad met and married the best woman I had the pleasure of knowing, she and her flock, also wonderful women, gave me the feminine balance I needed in a life of soldiers turned bikers. They taught me to rise to every challenge and always be true to myself.
Somewhere, I lost sight of that on the way to my aspirations to make my mark.
Falling in love with a man who would die for me, adored me, and would do anything for me, should have been the happiest time of my life. So why was I hiding him?
Could I really have it all? Or would my obsession with being everything and having it all mean I would lose the one person who meant everything?
Then there was my ghost. Having him and his promise not to leave me was both a blessing and a curse. He knew all my secrets, and he also knew how to press my buttons.

The danger of Rogue is a distant memory, and the kids of the Wounded Souls are all grown up. The club princess has big dreams and even bigger secrets. Will she keep her dreams alive and keep the love of her prince?

First off I want to say that I am really going to miss this series going forward.This series has so many wonderful character's and we fell in love with each and every one of these character's in this on going series.The author did and amazing job bringing the series to a close and it was Epic !

I am not going to lie to you I cried and balled my eyes out throughout the whole entire story.The story was funny and it also was heart wrenching in the fact that the series was coming to a close but, most of all the entire story was and emotional one all around.We had been with Shiloh for so long we felt like we were part of her upbringing too and I have to say that she gave us tons of laughs along the way.We loved seeing Shiloh as an adult because we always imagined how she would turn out as an adult and we are glad to find out she was still the same old Shiloh just a much older version.
"We just loved that!"

I loved seeing the original cast of character's like Booth,Mannix,Steel,Deck,Creed Lucky,Ford and of course the flock aka the old ladies still made us laugh out loud time and time again.It was also nice meeting all the children all grown up and how they all turned out and how many kids the members ended up having.Creed you surprised me the most you dirty dog lol.

I absolutely loved Shiloh's story.We loved seeing her turn into this beautiful women fall in love,achieve her dreams,carve out a life along with her brothers ( that's weird to say) all the while staying the same loving and caring,vibrant,funny child we fell in love with all those years ago.

Omg ! Zander if Shiloh wasn't my favorite character he would be neck and neck in line for the title.I fell head over heels in love with him myself.Holy Sexy Alpha! On god did he make a girls panties wet. lol

Favorite quote - “I love you, too, baby. You are the sugar on my Froot Loops, the Zeke to my LT, the shit to my kickers, the effing tomy Fanta,” I said and laughed when he pinched me on the bottom, his arms still holding me tightly."

There were so many things that made me cry but,Shiloh professing her love for Zander had me balling my eyes out and every time I still think of that moment I still want to cry.I was glad to see that Shiloh still was a bad***.OMG ! and her with Darf as she calls him was simply heart wrenching as well as funny and some of those conversations made me want to cry as well as belly laugh.
"We still love and miss the big guy!"

Some favorite quotes- “All right, all right, keep ya pants on, Vader."

Zander- "My parents had the love story of the century, a story of second chances and forgiveness."

The romance between Shiloh and Zander was super super hot.(what a lucky girl) I loved that she found her soul mate as well as being her perfect match for her in every way and they made one heck of a power couple.

This current story as well as the entire series was pure enjoyment and we loved being on this journey with these character's every minute.We loved the character's and fell in love with them all broken pieces and all.We loved that each and everyone of these soldiers found solace in their women and they were able to bring them out of the darkness and into the light.The old ladies which were called the Flock gave us tons of laughs we loved each and everyone of these strong women.

We loved each and every story in this series with Booth,Steel,Deck's,Mannix,Creed,Ford & Lucky's all were emotional and heartfelt that made us laugh and cry but, most of all we loved how they all found their soul mates even though it was one rocky journey.

For me the author could not have created a better ending.The tears never stopped the last several chapter's and honestly I never wanted it to end.Shiloh's last conversations with Darth sent me right over the edge.I was still and emotional wreck for the next several hours after reading it.

A series to be remembered always !
One of my top favorite series for 2019!
Shiloh you rock girl!

Recommended read to all !

I love the idea of being in love. Since my early teens when I first discovered Silhouette Desire novels my life has been all about reading. I would find myself re-writing scenes if I wasn't happy with them and hiding them under my bed. That led me to writing love stories of my own. They all ended up under the bed and are still there, and there they will stay. I don't do angst, in fact it drives me crazy.

I am a mum of three beautiful girls, Australian, and have what most say is a weird sense of humor.

I spend my free time doing movie, Sons of Anarchy, and Friends marathons. And reading.

I love Pina Colada's and getting caught in the rain..... there's that weird humor.

review 2019-02-14 19:49
Book Review for Acceptance by KE Osborn The Chicago Defiance MC Series #5

Title: Acceptance
Series: The Chicago Defiance MC Series #5
Author: KE Osborn
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: February 6, 2019

Try to forget.
It's easier said than done.

My past—violently haunts my dreams.
My present—belongs to an MC. My brothers, my support, my family, my life.
But what if you left someone behind?
You failed them.
And set in motion a series of events no one could have predicted.
But in deserting him, you found her.
A constant. A guiding light. A connection that can't possibly not be right.
Or is it?
This story isn’t just two souls finding their connection—it’s lust, treachery, misery, and brutality.

Vengeance—will thrill you.

But will I be able to gain my acceptance?

This is one of my favorite MC author's and we are so loving the The Chicago Defiance MC Series.I loved Chain's story from beginning to end.

One thing we love about this series is the amazing character's it has.I have to say I really loved them all but, the old ladies definitely add to the delight of reading this story because when those old ladies get together you know your going to laugh your butt off and I do time and time again.

Chain has been one of my favorite character's and I am so happy he got his story as we loved the brute of a man that was broken and lost that our heart always bleed for him as his pain just poured out of him that you could not be unaffected by him.

Revisiting Chains past with him was heart breaking as well as heart wrenching and I can say they I shed more than a few tears for him as he told his story.

We loved Chain's and getting to meet his family for the first time.We loved them.Chain's mom was the bomb!

Leave it to Chain's to have a complicated love story.We loved Doc/Bex in this story we saw a totally different side to her and we saw her take risks but, most of all we saw just how strong she really was when it came to fighting for something she wanted most in life.

I loved seeing both Doc and Bex together as the chemistry between them was always there but, fates intervention just gave it a little shove and I am so glad that Chain's was willing to put himself out there especially with the upbringing he had this was a major step for him.

Knowing Chains we already new his journey to getting his girl and his happily ever after was a rocky one. Bex's and Chains journey was suspenseful,heart wrenching,had tons of twists and turns and secrets that came to light and it was one heck of a ride for sure.

Chains has been a favorite character of mine all along as he has been always aloof and I think that what drew us to him from the onset of the series but, after reading this story we are more in love with this broken man than ever before.

I loved the plot of the story and how it surround around Chains past and present and how the one friend he had considered a brother in his past might be part of his present where he had come to find a slice of happiness in his pain filled life.The plot itself was dark edgy and it kept you on edge and engrossed in the series the entire time we loved it from cover to cover.

This story is just a reminder that sometimes you need the bad along with the good because without having the bad Chains would have never found his Happy Ever After and that one true soul-mate who was meant to be his .

Australian author K E Osborn was born and raised in Adelaide, South Australia. With a background in graphic design and a flair for all things creative, she felt compelled to write the story brewing in her mind.

Writing gives her life purpose. It makes her feel, laugh, cry and get completely enveloped in the characters and their story lines. She feels completely at home when writing and wouldn’t consider doing anything else.

review 2019-02-13 05:08
BAKING WITH A ROCKSTAR BY: JASMIN MILLER

Baking with a Rockstar was just as sweet as it sounds! Honestly maybe even sweeter than I would typically expect from a rockstar related romance novel, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. It was also a nice balance of sweet and heat that shouldn't be too much to keep anyone out of this kitchen.

My absolute favorite things:

1) The characters. Which ones, you ask. ALL. OF. THEM. Omg seriously, can this PLEASE be only the beginning of series set around this awesome group of characters? Most notably the entire Mitchell family. Shoot, you can even throw in a Grandma Hannah novella and I'll be there for that. The whole family is just so darn likeable, and better yet each member is incredibly intriguing, I would love to get a book devoted to each one of them! I want to explore what's going on between Mo and Gabe, I want to tour Dahlia's school for the arts, I need to find more out about Rose, hell I want to hang out with Hannah and her whole granny squad! And while all this is going on we can see more from the fast faves, Hudson and Charlie (and Mira too, of course!).

2) THE TWIST. Guys, I can't say what it is and that kills me in a way because it is soooooo good. It isn't all that often that I'm genuinely 100% surprised by a plot twist, but this one got me. It got me good. And it was EVERYTHING. It was honestly refreshing to have something that isn't exactly your run of the mill go-to romance tropes. I dig that in a big way.

So all in all lots of flavor in this charming little read. If you're looking for something fun and swoon-worthy with downright loveable characters and a surprise or two along the way then this is the story for you.

I won an ARC of this book from the author and this is my honest review.