logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-01-19 04:32

Release Date: January 22, 2018
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
5 stars from Us
Kindle Copy

Ivy Gaines has loved one man in her lifetime. After fifteen years of marriage and three kids, reality hasn’t changed that—but sometimes love isn’t enough.

West “Camo” Gaines has never wanted anyone the way he wants his wife, but the Notorious Devils’ club life has opened his eyes and awakened a desire he knows he can’t explore with the mother of his children.

Lies, misunderstanding, betrayal and silence are the bitter pills they swallow daily as the marriage they thought would last forever begins to unravel. It isn’t until club rivalries threaten to shatter their entire world that they realize how much they have to fight for.

When things get rough and real, they’re forced to remember just how deep their love goes.

I am really going to miss this series......
This was one hot read from cover to cover and we loved it and it had a superb ending to a great series!We are hoping this author has another MC series in store for us in the near future.

This story had everything a MC romance needs to make it exciting and enticing and super hot along with having a amazing cast of characters present and past.This was  such a touching romance story that you could not help but feel
emotional about its characters and their marriageable problems.I am sure a lot of married couples like myself have gone where Ivy and West have gone so I was really able to relate to them.I loved how Ivy took charge of her life and decided to make changes to her benefit and hers alone. West aka Camo on the other hand I just wanted to smack up side of the head for the mistakes he continued to make regarding his treatment of Ivy and that of his kids.

I always pick a favorite character as my top favorite and mine is going to be Ivy.I loved everything about Ivy and her character for the onset of the story.I found Ivy to be strong and independent,intelligent,kind, caring,I loved how she loved so fiercely both her kids and husband.I loved how she was determined to make a happy life with or without West.I loved no matter what trouble she and West were experiencing and even his blatant disregard for her she never stop loving him.My heart just broke for Ivy and how she was treated and how she must have felt defeated and depressed knowing sometimes love just isn't enough.

West aka Camo really pissed me off.I have to stay I was all the way team Ivy.West could have avoided  so such much pain and suffering that he had caused Ivy if he had just trusted her enough to talk to her about how he was feeling regarding his heart along with how he needed something more from their current sex life.What really ticked me off about West is how he constantly did everything to make Ivy feel like shit yet kept having sex with her and constantly reminding her she belonged to him all the while he planned on leaving her.How messed up is he? I have to say that I liked West as a character up to this point but, this current story my feelings
 toward him were not ones of like and I want to say as the story progressed he did not redeem himself in my eyes.

This story was engrossing from the onset of the story and had you get emotionally attached
  to its characters.I loved being on Ivy and West's journey and it just proves to you what the say is true sometimes love is not enough and their story could have ended way differently then it did.Ivy and West's problems were not easy ones to overcome its just that Ivy was willing to at least explore sexually that gave their marriage a chance at all.I have to say that my heart went out to Ivy more than once in this story and  I wanted to be right along side of her sheeding tears for her and with her.

Regardless of the trouble this couple were
experiencing they were hot is hell together in and out of the bedroom and the sparks and chemistry was always there and the love they shared with one another quite evident .This is something a couple hopes to achieve or maintain after so many years together and yet feeling the way West did for his wife he was willing to trough what that had away in a heartbeat yet, others only
dream of what he already had!!

I have to make a special mention of Soar throughout this story as we saw just how much Soar has grown over this series as he was in a similar situation with his marriage and was offering marital advice was just to funny.Unlike West Soar redeemed himself in my eyes.
Although his advice was genuine kind and based on his past experience trying to get West to listen to him was impossible.

Soar the ex drug addict man whore who cheated on his wife their entire marriage is now a reformed man giving marriage advice.I loved it!Priceless.....

I love when you can connect with the characters that you read about and I was able to do that with this cast of characters as we love them and even those we love to hate.For me when that happens I know I am going to love
the  story I am reading and I did just that.A page turner for sure.The author created a special and a  emotional story for us to read and created and amazing ending to a series that we have grown to love and we are really are going to miss the characters that this author had created for us.One thing that is great about owning books is that you can bring them out and re-read them anytime you want to revisit your favorite characters over and over again.

A recommend read to all! Each and every story I have read by this author we have loved and we hope that whatever this author decides to create is another series for us to fall in love with all over again.One of the things I love about this author is the way she interacts with her fans
and the way she takes an interest in them as much as she can.We love that about her and we hope she continues to Wow us with the stories she creates.

5 stars from us

Be sure to check out the other stories in this series!

32 years young... born and raised in California, did a stint in Oregon only to return to the Golden State. Lived that life a while until the Lone Star State called to us, Hill Country, Texas is where we call home, where our boots rest and loving that country life. Living the life with one bearded power pole climbing husband, two little boys that are full of energy and drive us crazy plus a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.

Be Sure to Follow Us here :

Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: September 25, 2017
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Kindle Edition

Imogen Caroline Stewart-Huntington hasn’t always been a rich bitch, her sunshine blotted out by her husband’s need to soar.

Sloane McKinley Huntington III hasn’t always been a Devil, but the brotherhood was his ride to the next best high—a vice he couldn’t shake, until he didn’t have a choice.

Now, three years sober, he sees with clear eyes. Free from the shackles of prison, all he wants is a second chance, his sights set on one woman—his wife.

Imogen knows that money can’t buy love—but when the rough man who stole her heart barges back into her life, she can’t help but question if perhaps forgiveness will.

We have found another amazing author who writes MC romance books to feed our addiction and we are loving her current series so far.

This story was one that was a bit of and emotional roller coaster for the characters as well as the readers.I have to say that this story effected my heart as I really felt the pain that Imogene/Gennie was experiencing and it broke my heart.This story dealt with a lot of issues that many marriages and families experience even today.

I really enjoyed the characters Soar/Sloan and Imogene/Gennie and they we easy to get to know and become attached to.I have to say that Soar was not a favorite of mine at the beginning of the story but, he slowly started redeeming himself throughout the story and we started to warm up to him bit by bit.

This couple marriage was a train wreck and had you thinking that there was no hope at all for them.I have to admit that I always secretly root for my characters to find everything they are looking for like love happiness and forgiveness and even revenge but, this is the first story that I was not rooting for a happy ending for this couple.

When the story was said and done I can say that I really enjoyed the story and all the emotional drama that the story wrought but, stories like this always put me on edge and a bit shaky at times especially when the story is about abuse and cheating I never know if I am going to end up loving it or hating it.When the abuse being dealt is more about punishing the one you love because you were never able to deal with your own messed up past is unforgivable.

This couple held a really big secret and I was really amazed that they got away with it as long as the did.I have to ask myself why they choose to live the way they did when they had advantages that most people will never have.I understood why Sloan would be drawn to club life but, I honestly never thought that Gennie would have stuck around as long as she did.Just proves when one loves fully with ones heart and your know in your heart that they are your soul mate it is not so easy to walk away .My  heat broke time and time again for Gennie and the things she suffered through to stay beside the man she loved.

I have to say that Gennie was my favorite character in this current tale.I love how she loved with ones whole heart, she was strong and determined and I loved how she was not easily broken.I admired her for wanting to change her life and move on .I will say that she surprised the heck out of me where she choose to run to .Did she think that her life was going to change for the better when all she would be surrounded by was coldness and betrayals?

Omg ! I am not a violent person but ,throughout the story and its beginning I secretly rooted for someone to beat some sense into this damn a** stupid biker.Did I understand his own feelings for his pain and suffering most definitely but ,how he choose to deal with his pain and suffering was a totally different story.

I was feeling no love for this character....

The story was filled with so much sorrow and past regrets healing, forgiveness also filled with a ton of emotion that it tugged at your heart strings, as well as drama , suspense ,romance  and alpha males along with strong women who were about forgiveness that I could not help but enjoy it.The major characters had sparks and major chemistry and when they were together they created fire together making this story a really hot read as well as an emotional one.

I loved  being on this journey of healing and forgiveness and how a couple that truly loved one another found their was back to one another and even after all the bumps in the road they kept striving for their happily ever after all over again.

Be Sure to Follow Us here :

review 2018-01-19 00:51
I love it when a series just gets better...
Model Bodyguard: Haven Investigations, Book 2 - Dreamspinner Press LLC,Lissa Kasey,Brian Hutchison

I really enjoyed 'Model Citizen' the firs book in Lissa Kasey's 'Haven Investigations' series this one has definitely stepped things up a notch or two.

While 'Model Citizen' was about Ollie's POV this time around we're given Kade's POV on life with Ollie and I loved it. Kade loves Ollie there's zero doubt about that but he also sees Ollie in a very realistic way which is really, really good for Ollie because Ollie's got some issues that need to dealt with in a realistic way. I just love that I don't feel like Kade views Ollie as a burden to be taken care of. For Kade, Ollie's issues are just a part of Ollie and need to be dealt with in a positive and constructive way which is what Kade does.

Things are going good for Ollie and Kade. As a couple they're on fairly solid ground and the PI business is doing a lot better with the addition of Kade.  Plus the house that Ollie bought for him and Nate to build a family in is getting renovated by Kade as well and even this task shows Kade's love for Ollie with how sensitive he is to how much the house means to Ollie and that there are areas of the house that he knows Ollie's not ready for him to tackle yet because they were meant to be Nate's space and Ollie's still grieving for his brother. He's trying to get on with his life but it's hard and it gets a little harder when questions start arising surrounding Nate's death.

Kade's POV not only gives us a closer look at Kade's life before he came to Haven Investigations but more detail as to how he came to be at Haven Investigations...he had some scary stuff going on and we're not talking PTSD from the war here, ok?

Ironically it's once again Ollie's past that brings a mystery back to their door along with Jacob...Ollie's ex and a definite contributor to Ollie's issues. Nate's a rock star and a playboy he doesn't do relationships just sex and kink but somewhere along the way he's picked up a stalker...one who's decided that he needs to be punished in a permanent way and there's no limit to the suspects in this one. Jacob's whole family is at the top of the list. This is one serious group of users and leeches and getting to the bottom of things and figuring out who wants Jacob punished may be impossible since Jacob's loyalty is pretty extreme in that he feels that his family is above reproach and would never hurt him...did I mention that Jacob might be a little delusional...trust me he is because I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

Kade's got his hands full as he tries to keep contact between Ollie and Jacob to a minimum because honestly interacting with Jacob really isn't in Ollie's best interest and Kade's got his own insecurities where Ollie's ex's are concerned because Ty...who is also an ex of Ollie's seems to be around a lot more as well, thankfully though this is because he's seeing Tomas so his presence is far less stressful and concerning for Kade. Also let's not forget Kade's still dealing with his own physical injuries and a past that doesn't want to let go of him and may not be over yet.

I loved seeing things from Kade's perspective and I really loved how much Ollie and Kade's relationship has strengthened. Kade is so good for Ollie and good to Ollie. I also felt that Ollie was truly beginning to get past his grief from losing his brother Nate and make a real effort to move forward with is life. I loved seeing Ollie as a capable, contributing partner in Haven Investigations and not some damsel in distress who needs constant rescuing.

Kade and Ollie's relationship may be fairly solid but that doesn't mean that having Ollie's sexy rock star ex in their lives isn't going to be a test for them and sadly for the ready because...holy hell!!! did you see the size of that cliff that the author has left us sitting on? It's a biggie and while I know I could pop the next e-book onto my e-reader to find out what happens I've really been enjoying this series on audio. While the first one was narrated by Mike Pohlable this time around we've been treated to the narrations of Brian Hutchison and I've really enjoyed this one. While I liked Ollie's voice in the first book pretty much everyone else except the annoyingly whiny Donovan was just ok and while this is only my second audio book narrated by Brian Hutchison I have to admit that from an audio standpoint I enjoyed this one a bit more.

I'm really enjoying this series on audio and I admit I'm hoping, really, really hoping that the third audio book isn't too far off but in the meantime because I can't wait to see what's going to happen next with Kade and Ollie but until it arrives I'll just be sitting here over on the cliff's edge...you know that really, really steep cliff that Ms Kasey has left me on passing the time with some more audio books or an e-book here and there...who knows I may even have a DTB or 2 lying around to pass the time with.

**********************

An audio book of 'Model Bodyguard' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

review 2018-01-18 23:29
I've wanted to read this one for a long time now...
Model Citizen - Lissa Kasey,Mike Pohlable

Ollie Petroskovic is finally going to pay his brother back for all the years that he's been there for him taken care of him been the parent that they both lost years ago. Signing the papers to purchase the home where Ollie and his brother, Nate will live. Where Nate and his future wife can raise their children. It's a fixer upper but Ollie knows that's what Nate would love a house that's a DIY dream come true.

Ollie's sure that he's finally made their dreams come true. Ollie can continue his modelling and clothing design career while helping Nate with Petroskovic Haven Investigations, a house where they can be happy as a family. What no one saw coming was how the dream would come crashing down when Nate could no longer deal with the nightmare of PTSD and saw taking his own life as his only escape from it.

A year later Ollie's struggling to try and keep what's left of that dream alive as he continues to work at the PI agency that was Nate's dream but without an Investigator's license it's a struggle that he's slowly loosing until Nate's friend Kade Alme arrives PI license in hand and tool belt strapped on. Kade's looking for to honor a promise made to his friend to take care of Ollie but he's also looking for his own fresh start. He's fresh out of the hospital with his own battle wounds but he's determined to make this work because for Kade that fresh start includes Ollie in his life in whatever capacity he can get him...if it's as friend and co-worker than so be it but if Kade has any say in things it'll be a far more intimate relationship than friend and co-worker.

Ollie's pretty resistant to Kade's help and it takes a lot of patience and determination but Kade's got those in spades and before they know it the two men are firmly involved in a case as they try and help an old friend of Ollie's who seems to be in a lot of trouble.

'Model Citizen' is a fast paced story with a lot going on. I loved both Ollie and Kade. Ollie appeared to be androgynous and identified as gender fluid, while his orientation is gay. Kade identifies as male and his orientation might be gay but to me it was more like he was Ollie-sexual because from the word go Kade was all about Ollie or maybe it was just the manties...nah, I'm pretty sure Kade was very into what was in the manties...mind you I'm just guessing.

I loved how supportive he was of Ollie. But that didn't mean that he was a pushover where Ollie was concerned. Kade wasn't the least bit timid about standing up to Ollie when someone needed to but he also stood up for Ollie when someone needed to.

I enjoyed the mystery in this one while there were things about it that were fairly obvious or easily figured out this story kept my interest from start to finish, so much so that as soon as I was done listening to 'Model Citizen' I jumped right into 'Model Bodyguard' because I wanted more.

Mike Pohlable was the narrator for this audiobook and I have to admit I'm a little torn on the audio for this one. I really liked his voice for Ollie for me it aligned with Ollie's identity of being gender fluid.

While Kade's voice didn't work quite as well for me, most of the time it was ok as were most of the other voices in the audio book but then there was 'Donovan' and I guess in some ways I would have to say his voice was good because for me Donovan was just an annoying little sh*t but really did he have to be such an annoyingly whiny little sh*t! Because there were times the whiny  in his voice was way more than I could stand. As far as I can tell 'Model Citizen' seems to be this narrator's first audio book so I think I'm just going to sit back and see what the future brings before deciding yeah or nay with this narrator...who knows I may love whatever he does next or not but for now it's on to 'Model Bodyguard' and another new to me narrator.

review 2018-01-18 20:30
Archival Quality by Ivy Noelle Weir (Author) & Steenz (Artwork)

A little slow to get anywhere, but overall, I really enjoyed the story.

36140710
The main character was highly relatable. Going in, I did not know much about the story, but her depression is something I can understand. She was so harsh to some of the other characters. That was in part to her depression, but I honestly felt it was overdone a little. I felt sorry for the person she was really harsh toward. I understand depression can make you do things you don't mean, but this is just how I felt when I read those parts.

I enjoyed her growing friendship with her coworkers at the museum.

The story was super slow. I liked that for the most part, but I really did not like all the time skips. I felt like there were huge chunks of the story I wasn't being told.

The artwork took some getting used to.

*Provided by Netgally*