My husband came home from work this morning (got to love midnight shift) and asked if I wanted to accompany him to the bookstore.
What I bought:
1. Colour Bar: The Triumph of Seretse Kama and His Nation by Susan Williams (my copy has the movie tie-in cover with David Oyelowo and Rosamund Pike) - this is the true story of a heir to an African kingdom (modern day Botswana) named Seretse Kama and a white English insurance clerk who fall in love in early post-WWII England and their journey through apartheid and independence for his country. This became a film (A United Kingdom by BBC Films) recently and Waterstones had it as a featured book on the history shelves. I already peeked at the pictures in the book and their kids are freaking adorable (and now, they are probably adorable adults).
2. Saga Vol. 1 and 2 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples - cause everyone else is reading this series, I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. I will wait and add these two volumes to my 24in48 read-a-thon TBR in July.
What hubby bought:
1. Snuff (A Discworld Novel) by Terry Prachett
2. Anansi Boys by Neil Gaimen
3. Assassin's Apprentice (The Farseer Trilogy #1) by Robin Hobb