( My OTP is either Kaidan and Anna or Roth and Layla. I'm still currently debating on which one is actually my OTP, but both of these couples are amazing and truly are my two favorites.)
Note: These are in no particular order and this is all my opinion.
The Sweet Evil Trilogy is a gorgeous collection of well written, witty, romantic books that I just couldn't put down.
The story is told from Anna's perspective, half angel, half demon. Anna stumbles into the world of demons, Dukes and Nephilim when she meets Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust at a gig one evening. From this moment on, her life changes for ever, when she becomes the only hope for the Nephilim to rid the world of their fathers, the evil Dukes.
Every single relationship in this trilogy was so well developed, Wendy Higgins never spared a single detail. It was fast paced, but also hugely descriptive and that kept my interest throughout the trilogy.
Her relationship with Kai is the main focus of course. It is both heart warming, touching and cheeky that of course it will appeal greatly to the young adult market. It has enough teenage/young adult angst in it to keep you completely entertained.
I was not disappointed throughout the final battle against the Dukes, Wendy took her time, drawing me in with every single word. There were plenty of losses and causalities as I would have expected, but the ending was just perfect.
This is the perfect trilogy for you if you love fantasy/paranormal books, and especially if you love romance. You will not be disappointed.
Also, the actor Adam Gregory is exactly how I pictured Kai the whole way through.
1. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare- One of the best books ever. Amazing characters, setting, story line and perfect amount of action, romance and fantasy.
2. Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins- Best Ending ever, Loved the characters relationships with one another and how they are realistic people with their personalities. There is perfect amount of everything>
3. Cress by Marissa Meyer- Very Unique like the rest of the series. The twists on the story are so cool. Such as the people who live on the moon(Luners). I really like how the story flows and how new stories come together with the stories from the previous books.( CANT WAIT FOR WINTER)
4. Panic by Lauren Oliver - This book is very realistic and shows how greedy people are. I really liked the multiple point of view. It also shows what is most important in life. (MY FULL REVIEW LINK DOWN BELOW)
5. Catch a Falling Star by Kim Culbertson- I really like to see stories about people who are famous. The book was during the last few weeks of summer in a small town( Little, California) and love the setting. The main Characters Carter & Adam are really sweet and down to earth.
(Note: All these were published in 2014 and this is totally my opinion.)
1. Anna Whitt & Kaiden Rowe- They are so cute together and they understand each other. The fantasy is awesome with the angel and demon parts.
2. Rose Hathaway & Dimitri Belikov- Although the age gap they get each other and balance each other with their personalities They also make each other better people.
3. Linh Cinder & Prince Kai (Kaito)- I love the story and how she is not human, but part machine and now they love to hate each other. Also how they become rivals in the stories that love each other.
4. Blaire Wynn & Rush Finlay- I love their relationship because he is awesome, very protective and secretive. She is super sweet and has her problems, but that is what makes the relationship so much better. They are both messed up, but they make each other better as the story goes along.
(Note: Not all these were published in 2014 and this is totally my opinion.)