logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-18 20:05
Five Slices of Halloween Horror – Bad Apples #BadApples
Bad Apples: Five Slices of Halloween Horror - Edward Lorn,Evans Light,Jason Parent,Adam Light,Gregor Xane

Bad Apples is Five Slices of Halloween Horror.

I received and read this book in October of 2014, but…

Bad Apples: Five Slices of Halloween Horror

MY REVIEW

These unique, gruesome and devilishly delicious stories will have you looking over your shoulder, jumping at every noise and shadow.

Be careful of wandering dark streets at night.

The authors twisted imaginations take horror to the highest levels with  surprise endings and plenty of twists and turns along the way.

Four stars all the way!

The Riggle Twins by Gregor Xane

Pretty gross and devilishly delicious with tricks and treats for the Halloween hater. Do you have a dark house on Halloween, no candy for the treaters? Beware…egging and tping are not the only tricks these children have in store for you. 4 Stars

Pumpkinhead Ted by Evans Light

What they did to Ted is so awful…I can’t tell you. You’ll have to read it for yourself. BUT, he is back, one year later, for payback. OMG. I never saw that coming. Evans Light takes me to a place that smacks me around and makes me scream UNCLE! 4 Stars

Ghost Light Road by Adam Light

Of course, someone saw the light. Of course, what happens next, had to happen. I actually laughed. Dumbasses! Here comes the badness. You think vampires and werewolves are scary, you haven’t met Uncle Jesse’s children…and you really don’t want to. 4 Stars

Easy Pickings by Jason Parent

Beware. What goes around, comes around. Like a cat playing with its prey, I know something is coming…Now…No, now….Uh Oh. 4 Stars

The Scare Rows by Edward Lorn

Children of the Corn and Supernatural on steroids. I didn’t see this story developing the way it did, but I should not have been surprised, with Edward’s twisted imagination. Horror, perverted sex and evil do go together well. I wondered how he would end The Scare Rows and I couldn’t help but laugh when I got there. Corn Whisky…HA HA HA HA HA! Excellent. 5 Stars

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Bad Apples.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

READ MORE HERE.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting fundinmental!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/five-slices-of-halloween-horror-bad-apples-badapples
review 2017-10-18 10:00
Release Day Review: Eternal Brothers (Dalakis Passion # 4) N.J. Walters

When an anonymous late-night tip sends reporter Sophia Daring to the cemetery, she isn’t prepared for what she finds there—a grisly murder scene and the body of a woman completely drained of blood. Sophia’s never been scared off a story before, but this time all the clues point to one disturbing conclusion: this was the work of the mysterious and dangerous Dalakis brothers. And just as unsettling for the fiercely independent Sophia is the irresistible pull of the stranger also working the case, the sensually compelling Zane York.

A ex-cop, Zane has made it his personal mission to prove that the secretive Dalakis family are powerful vampires and ruthless killers. But when his investigation takes him to New Orleans and their latest victim, he begins to suspect that the Dalakis are being framed by an enemy as dark and mysterious as they are. And even as he struggles with his doubts about the family, there’s no doubt about his hungry response to the hauntingly beautiful Sophia. He knows he must make her his own, whatever the cost.

As the smoldering chemistry between Sophia and Zane ignites in a delirious haze of passion, they will find themselves immersed in the Dalakis family secrets and the trail of murder that leads to their door. And as their fears and suspicions war with an unquenchable desire, she and Zane will discover that a secret from the past may pose the deadliest threat yet . . .

I really don’t know how it happened, but I have not read the first three books in this vampire series, but I am certainly going to be reading them soon because the fourth book in the Dalakis Passion series is one that captures the imagination, sets passion on fire and one that I enjoyed from start to finish.

The story is hot and steamy with lots of sexy characters that promises lots of dream worthy material and has readers wanting more. Sophia and Zane’s relationship is not the only one happening in this story as readers get surprised with a second romance between another couple (sorry, I am not giving out names as that may spoil the surprise for readers who have read the previous books), both romances are blistering infernos of heated sex scenes and burning love with quite a bit of emotional turmoil that tugs at reader’s hearts.

This fast paced story engages the readers with bad guys that are nasty and make the readers howl with glee when the good guys go after them, add in the dangerous thrills and chills during a story full of twists and turns and readers have to keep turning the pages because they just have to know what will happen next.

The author pleases readers with an electrifying and sensual combination of romance, action, intrigue and uber hot vampires.  By the way, I had no problem picking up on just how hot the Dalakis vampires are and N.J. Walters gave just the right amount of hints about the previous books that I caught on to what has been happening up to this point in the series without giving too much away, so I am definitely looking forward to reading more of the Dalakis Passion books.

Eternal Brothers is the fourth book in the Dalakis Passion series

Endless Chase #5 is due to be re-released December 2017

The revised edition of Eternal Brothers is available in ebook at:

Amazon   Smashwords   B&N   Kobo   GPlay

N.J. Walters can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter   BookBub

review 2017-10-18 08:00
One Step Behind
One Step Behind - Henning Mankell

This was the first book by Henning Mankell I read, or actually listened to. I know it was a little weird to start in the middle of the Wallander series, but still I enjoyed it a lot since it was during the time the Scandinavian detective books were hugely popular in the Netherlands and I also read a lot of them.

I was intrigued by the story, but since it was my first encounter with the characters, I at first missed some of the important things that are going on in this book. However, it was more than enough to follow the story of this particular case, which was intriguing.

It's been a while, but one of the things that I still remember most vividly is the slow pace of the narrator which I didn't particularly liked.

NB: I listened to a Dutch audiobook

review 2017-10-18 05:55
Review: Wed to a Spy (All the Queen's Spies #1) by Sharon Cullen
Wed to a Spy: An All the Queen's Spies Novel - Sharon Cullen

Simon and Aimee are pretty much set to spy on each other and before they knew it, they are married. I am a super fan of the marriage of convenience and forced marriage genre so I was happy that I had the chance to read this story. Sadly it was not what I expected, not in the romance sense anyway.

The romance between Aimee and Simon was too forced. I get that they had to marry because it was an order by the queen but their relationship was only beginning to simmer when the story was over. Clearly, there was a mutual attraction at the start of their marriage and what supposedly was a fondness for each other but where was that fondness even coming from as they were strangers? Simon sounded like a real character with personal commitments and frustrations. Aimee in comparison sounded like a lost puppy looking for a new owner.

There are lost of intrigue since the story takes place at court so there is suspense and drama. If anything that intrigue was the most engrossing aspect of the story. When one of the characters at court is murdered, Simon and Aimee had to learn to trust each other in order to survive the rebellion that takes place at the castle. All of this happens in a relative short period of time and while interesting it still lacked that WOW effect that I would have loved to find in a novel about spies. It wasn’t a terrible read but it definitely needed more, specially in the romantic department.

** I received this book at no cost to me and I volunteered to read it; this is my honest opinion and given without any influence by the author or publisher.***

review 2017-10-18 04:58
Review: With This Christmas Ring by Manda Collins
With This Christmas Ring - Manda Collins

Sweet yet emotional and passionate story. Tie-in for both of the author’s Studies in Scandal and Lords of Anarchy however it can definitely be read as a stand alone.

The last person Merry wanted to see was her former fiancé however she was willing to do everything within her power to give her dead friend’s child the family she deserved. Alex never understood the reason Merry jilted him and when she appeared at his door seeking his cousin, he knew that was the perfect opportunity to find answers and perhaps ask for a second chance at love.

I very much liked that the story started with Merry as a take-charge, brave, and intelligent woman however as the story progressed her attitude sort of changed and she started to sound meek, or perhaps insecure, and that gave me a"what-happened-to-her?" kind of sense. It wasn’t too bad but it still took away from the overall enjoyment of the story.
Her chemistry with Alex was nonetheless well-balanced. He was sweet, honorable, and passionate. He was a man of his word who respected family and friends immensely, particularly his grandmother given that she was the one who had taken care of him since he was a child. He never pushed Merry to do anything she didn’t want and allowed her time to think and answer all of his questions. I think both their characters were well rounded in the sense that we get to understand what got them to be where they are and how much they deserved their HEA.
I’m not so sure what to think about the villains, though. One of the arcs sounded inconclusive and even implausible and the other one, well, I’m still wondering about that one. Still, the main romantic arc was what made this story worth my time and I do recommend it to anyone looking for a Christmas romantic story.

** I received this book from the author at no cost to me and I volunteered to read it; this is my honest opinion and given without any influence by the author or publisher.***