logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-08-23 19:23
Her Sister is Taken in Forever Alexa by Cate Beauman @CateBeauman
Forever Alexa - Cate Beauman

I am so excited to be back with Cate Beauman and Forever Alexa, Book Four of The Bodyguards of L A County Series.

Each book will stand alone, and if you are into Romantic Suspense, this is a series you will want on your reading list.

Forever Alexa (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #4)

Goodreads  /  Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA

MY REVIEW

Forever Alexa by Cate Beauman is a knock your socks off, tighten your seatbelt ride.

Right off the bat, I know something bad is going to happen to Alexa and I hate it for her.

Who will help her when the cops fail? Ethan Security and a lost love.

In typical Romantic Suspense fashion, Alexa has to get herself front and center…deep in trouble, unable and unwilling to wait for someone else to do the dirty work. Even though I know the scenario well, because this is my favorite reading, I gasp, cringe and want to reach through the glass of my Kindle, grab her by the arm and hold her back., yelling, telling her it’s too damn dangerous.

I hate that women are weaker than men, but unless we have special skills or super powers, we are at the monsters mercy.

When do you know the risk is too great? When do you know it’s time to stop and move on? When we have the answers. I would want Alexa at my side in times of trouble, that’s for sure.

I do become frustrated with the back and forth, seesawing, of romantic suspense relationships, but that is the nature of the beast.

The point of view shifts from one character’s perspective to another, from Alexa’s to Jackson’s. And I do love the characters. A woman with the strength to do what needs to be done, not waiting for someone else to do it. A man that dares to show emotion, learning that it is not a weakness but a strength.

I am on pins and needles, waiting, feeling like more bad is coming their way on each and every page. I have an overwhelming sense of danger…I get Alexa’s motivation, but damn…frying pan to fire.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Forever Alexa by Cate Beauman

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

Read more here.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/her-sister-is-taken-in-forever-alexa-by-cate-beauman-catebeauman
review 2017-08-23 18:52
Review: Lie, The Right Men Book #1 by Mayra Statham
LIE - Mayra Statham

Box office sensation, Marcus Wright is ready to take on the role of director. Romance author and single mom, Grace Rivera, is shocked when the sexiest man alive knocks on her door with the intent to bring her book to life.

He is willing to do anything to get what he wants, even use his charms on the beautiful, curvy woman standing in his way. Only it doesn't take long for the shy woman to unknowingly embed herself under his skin.

In a world where one plays make believe and the other writes it, will they determine everything between them is a LIE? Or will they be able to LIE in one another's arms when the truth comes out?

This was one of those quick fun and enjoyable reads.

Most of you know by now I’m not a fan of insta-love, but when in works it works and in some quick fun books I don’t mind it too much anyway.

I enjoyed the story, for the most part. There were a few minor things that bothered me but overall it was a good book that was funny, cute, and very steamy. While with a somewhat predicable storyline I still enjoyed it.

The characters… I enjoyed Maracus a little more than Grace. He just seemed to know better what he wanted, acted on that and was semi straight forward.

While Grace went a little back and forth. Like for instance in the beginning she is so mad at him and hates him , storms off and wants nothing more to do with him but like five minutes ends up getting hot and heavy in the elevator with him.  I would have liked a little more self-control from her and not just shut er brain off because there is a hot famous guy in front of her. But that aside it is still pretty good read.

The writing was good and easy to follow. I just wish it would have stayed with one POV.  We get dual which I like but I wish both would have been either first person POV or third person POV. Here we get Grace in first person and Marcus in third person.   But that is just a personal opinion and it really might not bother most readers and should not stop anyone form buying this book.

Overall fun read and I rate this book 3 ★

*I won an e-copy of this book in a giveaway. Thank you!*

Available NOW

Mayra Statham

Mayra Statham is a contemporary romance author. All her books to date can be read as standalones and do not have cliffhangers.

On her free time she loves reading and hanging out with her family and friends.

Links

Facebook *** Goodreads *** Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-lie-right-men-book-1-mayra-statham
text 2017-08-23 17:18
Fun start to a series!
Murder at Redwood Cove - Janet Finsilver

Kelly Jackson hates that she is taking over for a dead man, but her company has sent her to run the Redwood Cove Bed & Breakfast. Not long after she gets there she gets wrapped up in what happened to Bob, the man who died. The Silver Sentinels, a group of older individuals who fancy themselves and crime solvers is on the case and fill her in on how they think he was murdered.

Before she knows her curiosity has gotten the better of her and she starts looking into Bob’s last days. Then one of the kids of an employee is almost harmed and she starts thinking they are some how related but what would Tommy have seen to have someone try and kill him. Now she is really on the hunt because she adores Tommy and nobody should want to harm a kid.

Finally after what happen to Tommy the local police start taking what she and the Silver Sentinels have to say about Bob being murder and they soon find out the reason. Now they just have to try and decipher some clues to figure out who it is.

I really like Kelly, she is a blackbelt in taekwondo and even though her parents would rather her be working with them she is determined to make it on her own. She has been cheated on so she is slow to warm up to men, but she is kind of crushing on a co-worker from her company. I really love the Silver Sentinels, they are so adorable. They are the protectors of the town and I thought it was so sweet how they took turns watching out for Tommy. Just a great cast of characters.

It has a great mystery too because I really didn’t figure it being who it was and I like it when I don’t figure it out.

This is a great one for all cozy lovers!

review 2017-08-22 20:21
Optical Delusion - Hunter Shea
Optical Delusion - Hunter Shea

Hunter Shea has tapped into our childhood for his latest offering of fear. Remember those ads in the backs of comic books? Muscles like Charles Atlas. Sea monkeys. Joy buzzers. Fake ice cubes with a fly in the middle. Gum that turns your mouth black. Oh, and the ever popular, X-ray glasses. I certainly remember them. More specifically, I remember wanting them and my mom saying "absolutely not". Well, what would happen if she did allow me to get those x-ray glasses and after 10 minutes of making my eyes hurt, I tossed them aside only to have my dad pick them up and put them on. And, what if, in between the fuzzy-eyed headache it produced, he saw a glimpse of a girl's panties she had on underneath her clothing? And what if, in desperate attempts to get more than a glimpse or two of what the females looked like under their winter clothing, it caused something else? Something more hideous, more macabre, and it wouldn't let you turn away?

Optical Delusion was a fun ride into every boy that grew up in the 1970s and 80s past and warped it with a Twilight Zone twist and an EC Comic turn. My last couple of reads from Shea have been my favorites. He's honed his chops the last few years and is churning out nothing but quality lately. So much so, that he's quickly become one of my go to writers that can't miss.

5 Victoria's Secrets out of 5

* This ARC was provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

You can also follow my reviews at the following links:

review 2017-08-22 19:29
Review – The Skin Room by Morgan Fleetwood #MorganFleetwood
The Skin Room - Morgan Fleetwood

The Skin Room by Morgan Fleetwood

The Skin Room

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

This is not my usual brand of high action and suspense. It is written as if they are face to face – murderer to investigator – and Alex Melville is proud of his despicable actions, wanting to share.

Up until the cave, his kidnap attempts are almost comical. His ineptness and bad luck will surely get him caught. I try not to laugh (sarcasm) when bad things happen to him.

I sometimes felt I was sitting with him…listening.

I am not even halfway through and the verdict is still out. Is it good? Great? All I know is he has captured me too, and I know I won’t get away until the final page is read.

When his motivation is finally revealed and his last confession written, it truly made my skin crawl. The evil is slow, insidious, gets under my skin, and erasing his existence can’t happen soon enough.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Skin Room by Morgan Fleetwood.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  3 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

The Last Confession of Morten Flygare is an unnerving suspense thriller narrated by Morten Flygare – multi-lingual translator and multiple murderer. The blood-stained document that comprises the narrative of the novel is his claustrophobic, unreliable account of the murder of Valentina, and the incarceration and death of his drug-addicted sister, Sonia. This is no ordinary confession, however. In a unique and distinctive style, Morten gradually reveals his secret: this story has only one reader, the police inspector he holds responsible for his beloved sister’s death, and that while he writes in the flickering candlelight, he has one last grotesque secret to share that is his ultimate revenge. The Last Confession of Morten Flygare is a ‘whydunnit’ with a twist.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/review-the-skin-room-by-morgan-fleetwood-morganfleetwood/ The Skin Room by Morgan Fleetwood The Skin Room Amazon / Goodreads MY REVIEW This is not my usual brand of high action and suspense. It is written as if they are