logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-05-26 08:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Wicked Secret

Wicked Secret

(Wicked Horse Vegas, Book #8)

Sawyer Bennett

Release Date: May 26, 2020

Synopsis:

Those that truly know August Greenfi eld, will tell you that I live my life to the fullest. Work hard as part of the team at Jameson Force Security but play just as hard at The Wicked Horse Vegas. I have no regrets about my life. Well, maybe just one. Leighton Hale was my first love and the woman I wanted to spend my life with, but one day she was just gone. Vanished without a trace. Even my extensive contacts as part of the team at Jameson left me empty - handed in my search for answers. My single remorse is never being able to find out what happened to her, because no matter how difficult the truth may be, it can’t be as bad as never knowing at all. Ten years later, a knock on my front door brings me face - to - face with the woman I thought I’d never see again and nothing in my life could have prepared me for the secrets she holds.

Download Wicked Secret:

Amazon | Nook | Apple | Goog le | Kobo Print | Audible (narrated by Lance Greenfield and Kirsten Leigh)

Wicked Secret (Wicked Horse Vegas, #7)Wicked Secret by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is #8, in the Wicked Horse Vegas series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

August is happy being a hedonist. He enjoys women, and sex and is not ashamed of his hobbies. Then a surprise blast from the past blows him away with a visit.

Leighton is someone who knew August in his past. They were supposed to have a future that was ripped away. Can he and Jameson Force Security help when it is lives on the line?

This story had so much to it. It was nice to connect the series that I love to read. I was happy with the references to the other books. The characters felt disconnected to me somehow. I had a hard time placing the story with the people I was reading about. It is still a good read, but not the kind I am used to from this author.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

About the Author:

New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling author Sawyer Bennett uses real life experience to create relatable stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From contemporary romance, fan tasy romance, and both women’s and general fiction, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone. A former trial lawyer from North Carolina, when she is not bringing fiction to life, Sawyer is a chauffeur, stylist, chef, maid, and personal assistant to her very adorable daughter, as well as full - time servant to her wonderfully naughty dogs. If you’d like to receive a notification when Sawyer releases a new book, sign up for her newsletter (sawyerbennett.com/signup).

Connect with Sawyer:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | Book + Main Bites | BookBub | Amazon | News letter | Master Blogger List

review 2020-05-26 06:12
Seek
Accidentally Family - Sasha Summers

Felicity has had many hits and they keep on coming.  Her kids are her life.  She lives in a town where her family gathers around them, but they are needy unto themselves.  She wants to stop living in the past and move on.

Graham knows he must learn to live in the now.  It is hard when you have a child who cannot seem to forigve you your foibles.  With this new attraction to an old friend, can he discover what it means to make a new family?

This story had some great characters.  My issue with this book was that they were all presernt and accounted for.  The whole town, all the famlies, and it felt more than full it felt like a bucket overflowing.  The story itself moved at a fast pace.  It was just a struggle to keep up where maybe some of the storylines would have been best in their own book.  I give this read a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers, in exchange for an honest review.

review 2020-05-26 05:36
Jump
Fall - Kristen Callihan

This is book #3, in the VIP series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To avoid spoilers, and to fully understand the series, I recommend reading this series in order.

Jax is stunned from the moment he meets Stella.  He does not know why he is so attracted, but he thinks about her all the time.  Can he be what she needs to make a future?

Stella is surprised to meet Jax.  The attraction is mutual. She becomes his neighbor.  They meet up constantly and accidentally and the heat is sparking all over.

This story was more involved and a little dark.  I like how realistic it was about addiciton and depression.  These are hard subjects to tackle and I felt it was done well.  I liked reading about the characters falling.  It felt organic, real, and like I was in the room.  I enjoyed this read.  I give this a 5/5 Kitty's Book Spot!

review 2020-05-26 04:53
Blast
Wicked Secret - Sawyer Bennett

This is #8, in the Wicked Horse Vegas series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

August is happy being a hedonist.  He enjoys women, and sex and is not ashamed of his hobbies.  Then a surprise blast from the past blows him away with a visit.

Leighton is someone who knew August in his past.  They were supposed to have a future that was ripped away.  Can he and Jameson Force Security help when it is lives on the line?

This story had so much to it.  It was nice to connect the series that I love to read.  I was happy with the references to the other books.  The characters felt disconnected to me somehow.  I had a hard time placing the story with the people I was reading about.  It is still a good read, but not the kind I am used to from this author.  I give this read a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2020-05-25 19:15
LITTLE CREEPING THINGS BY CHELSEA ICHASO
Little Creeping Things - Chelsea Ichaso

I'm not going to lie, I struggled to get through this one. I don't really have a problem with unreliable or unlikable narrators but when they whine all throughout and are constantly seeing everything through their self serving pity-me glasses, that's where I tend to draw the line.

I've LOVED books with a narratives from villains, from characters I didn't like one bit. I wish this could have been the case here but it just wasn't. The plot could have at least helped the story along but honestly I found it to also be lacking.

To me it was kinda like everything was rather one dimensional, the characters, the plot, and the mystery. The synopsis offered things I don't think the story ever delivered on. The big reveal at the end felt somehow predictable and easy, which was WEIRD because the one thing I can think of that I guess you could say is positive is that I didn't figure it out till right before.

But once it was revealed it felt like OF COURSE and only because no one should guess that for any other reason than it would seem the least likely and you were just supposed to accept it in the end for nothing more than because sometimes people are just evil or crazy or whatever. It felt very simplified.

Give me a breadcrumb or two along the way. I love to be surprised don't get me wrong, but it cheapens it to me when you did nothing along the way to give even miniscule clues or make it understandable how you got there or why things ended this way until literally right before, and even that is shakey at best. Maybe the fact that I'm reading such an emotionally complex grand series as well right now didn't help.

This just felt incredibly immature and unsatisfying to me. If major teen angst is your bag, or maybe you want to dip a toe in a light mystery, you might enjoy this one. To be honest I felt like the Scooby-Doo gang solved more indepth cases, but to each his own.

I received an arc of this book from Sourcebooks Fire via Netgalley and this is my honest review.