I hope everyone has a happy New Year
Out of the 82 books I read (hopefully 83 if I manage to finish Outlander before the end of the year), those were my favourites (well, I took all my 5 stars read of 2017 and chose 10 out of those, it's not really a scientific rating):
1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas: because this book was EVERYTHING. You need to read it if you haven't yet.
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: and the whole trilogy. I totally enjoyed this unique universe with those amazing characters, a must read!
3. Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton: just WOW! This series is just so important for me, I love this world.
4. Phobos4 by Victor Dixen: this is the last book in my favourite series of 2016. This conclusion was epic.
5. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson: I just can't understand how I had never read Sanderson before this year. He is such an amazing author and I can't wait to discover more of his work.
6. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas: well, this series is one of my favourite of all time and this book did not disappoint.
7. The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye: I love this series full of Russian magic. I fell in love with the author's universe.
8. Warcross by Marie Lu: because, Marie Lu + video game = perfection.
9. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli: a beautiful book with a strong message. This book made me open my eyes.
10. Wild by Cheryl Strayed: I think it is the first time ever a non-fiction book is on my top 10. But this was such a great experience, I had to include it.
What were some of your favourite books this year?
Thanks for reading,
October 15- 23
Seventeen-year-old Molly Peskin-Suso knows all about unrequited love—she’s lived through it twenty-six times. She crushes hard and crushes often, but always in secret. Because no matter how many times her twin sister, Cassie, tells her to woman up, Molly can’t stomach the idea of rejection. So she’s careful. Fat girls always have to be careful.
Then a cute new girl enters Cassie’s orbit, and for the first time ever, Molly’s cynical twin is a lovesick mess. Meanwhile, Molly’s totally not dying of loneliness—except for the part where she is. Luckily, Cassie’s new girlfriend comes with a cute hipster-boy sidekick. Will is funny and flirtatious and just might be perfect crush material. Maybe more than crush material. And if Molly can win him over, she’ll get her first kiss and she’ll get her twin back.
There’s only one problem: Molly’s coworker Reid. He’s an awkward Tolkien superfan with a season pass to the Ren Faire, and there’s absolutely no way Molly could fall for him. Right?
Review : This book was so freaking cute I related to Molly so much in this book she's a curvy girl and she has anxiety . Molly has had 27 crushes but no boyfriends she has a twin sister and two mom's I wasn't a big fan of Molly's sister I thought she could be kinda a bitch . Molly ends up introducing Cassie to her future girlfriend and then mostly after Mina comes into the picture Cassie kinda drifts away from Molly and cassie wants Molly to date Mina's best friend Will and Molly doesn't think will has any interest in her and then there is Reid who is just so freaking adorable I shipped him and Molly like on first meeting they just click together and Molly starts to like Reid more than a friend and when her friend Olivia looks like she has some interest in Reid Molly freaks out and gets Mad at Reid and to make him jealous she hangs out with will who doesn't like her that way . The cool thing about this book is we got cameo's from Simon who I love and Abby is Molly's cousin . But Molly tells Reid how she feels which was so sweet and they kiss and next was there mom's wedding which was so sweet I loved this book . The one problem I had was the gradmother yes she use to to be big but insulting Molly like that wasn't cool .
I don’t entirely understand how anyone gets a boyfriend. Or a girlfriend. It just seems like the most impossible odds. You have to have a crush on the exact right person at the exact right moment. And they have to like you back. A perfect alignment of feelings and circumstances. It’s almost unfathomable that it happens as often as it does.”
There’s just something terrifying about admitting you like someone. In a way, it’s actually easier when there’s no chance of anything happening. But there’s this threshold where things suddenly become possible. And then your cards are on the table. And there you are, wanting, right out in the open.”
I'm on the toilet at the 9:30 Club and I'm wondering how mermaids pee.”
It's funny, because you always think the hard part is meeting someone the first time. It's not. It's the second time, because you've already used up all the obvious topics of conversation. And even if you haven't, it's strange and heavy-handed to introduce random conversational topics at this stage in the game. Hi, Reid. Let's converse about topics. HOW MANY SIBLINGS DO YOU HAVE? WHAT BOOKS DO YOU LIKE?”
Okay, I just gotta say it." The guy touches my arm. "You are fucking gorgeous for a big girl."
"It's a compliment!"
I look at him. "Fuck you.
I'm not trying to over think things. I'm trying to be less careful . but you have to be your hearts own goalie
Execpt - oh god- what if the machine announces it
CONDOMS! TWELVE ninety nine ! Please place your GIANT box of condoms in the bag . oh but your VALUE pack of condoms is too big for our sensors . Please wait, and someone will assist you shortly .
I'm just letting him know - she start typing that Olivia would be happy to get waxed if he's willing to wax his tiny , microscopic little peen at the same time ....