logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: for-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-04-24 18:33
A Scandalous Deal (The Four Hundred #2) by Joanna Shupe
A Scandalous Deal - Joanna Shupe

When Eva and Phillip first meet he comes off as the brooding type. A next encounter lets Eva discover he’s got a fun-loving side that she’d have loved to know more of but her dreams of becoming a well-renowned architect stops her from pursuing more with him.

I liked the chemistry these two developed from the start. It was fun to see how the relationship goes from ardent strangers, to a cold employer-employee status, to passionate lovers.
As Eva tries to prove she’s the capable professional she professes to be, she has to overcome many obstacles, some created by the people that want to see her fail, and some by her own doing. All in all she faces everything with temper and grace. I liked that about her character. I think she could have come across as a fearful woman but instead her decisiveness let us see she’s no wilting flower.

Overall it was an enjoyable and fun read. The thing is I think so many things could have been prevented if they had only told the truth from the start or at least not keep so many secrets. However that might actually be on me because the “concealed truth” trope is one of my least favorites. Either way I still recommend this book to anyone that likes strong heroines, charming billionaires, and a scorchingly sexy, engaging story.

review 2018-04-24 10:00
Release Day Review! Midnight Wolf (Shifters Unbound #11) Jennifer Ashley!
Midnight Wolf - Jennifer Ashley

The eleventh novel in the New York Times bestselling paranormal romance series, Shifters Unbound.

Angus Murray, bouncer for a New Orleans Shifter bar, is sent to round up an elusive, Collar-less Shifter woman, Tamsin Calloway, who is causing trouble for Shifter Bureau, and possesses information they want. If Angus refuses, he risks losing his cub. He finds Tamsin but she's slippery and not about to be rounded up quietly.

In fact, quiet is nothing Tamsin will ever be. She leads Angus on a wild chase, but he's determined to bring her in to save his son.

Can Tamsin convince Angus she's worth helping before she's locked away by Shifter Bureau, Collared, or perhaps killed?

Jennifer Ashley has created another fascinating shifter tale in her Shifters Unbound series. As usual with her books, her characters are strong and charismatic with fierce personalities that readers can’t help but become fascinated by as their stories unfold. Tamsin and Angus’s story starts off with lots of excitement and keeps an energetic and fast pace as their sizzling chemistry and rocky meeting keeps this couple on turbulent path full of smoldering passion, thrilling danger and shaky relationship.

Enemies of the shifters keep this couple on the run during this fast paced and exciting story where anticipation and suspense continuously build, keeping the readers on the edge of their seat and glued to the pages during some exhilarating twists and turns that ensure that readers want to find out what will happen next.

Jennifer Ashley’s Shifters Unbound series continuously astounds me with wonderful characters and a fascinating world. She brings it all to vibrant life and makes me feel as if I am a part of this world as I enjoy each and every couple’s story. I was so enthralled with Midnight Wolf that I ended up staying way past bedtime so that I could finish the book and find out if Tamsin and Angus got their happily ever after and just how everything worked out for them with the bad guys, of course now I am waiting impatiently for the next book, which I believe releases at the end of May.

Midnight Wolf is the 11th book in the Shifters Unbound series.

The next book – Tiger Striped (#11.5) is due to be released on May 22, 2018.

Midnight Wolf is available in print or ebook at:

Amazon   iBooks   B&N   Kobo   GPlay   IndieBound

Jennifer Ashley can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter   BookBub

review 2018-04-23 20:31
Review: The Fireproof Girl
The Fireproof Girl (Sophie Shields Book 1) - Loretta Lost

Wow. Prepare yourself for a roller-coaster of emotions when you pick up this fabulous book. I could not put it down and you won't want to either. The alternating timelines and narrators make a smooth transition from story to story filling you in on the sorted past of Sophie and Cole.

There is so much to unravel from their bond and love for each other that I don't think I would ever be satisfied with the amount of stories about them. The raw emotional power of the writing and the intricate descriptions of the minute details bring this story to life in a beautifully tragic way. I found myself lost in the writing and feeling the same things that Sophie experiences on her quest for answers.

I highly recommend you grab this amazing story, a hot cup of coffee, and a comfy chair that you won't want to get up from. You'll want to finish this in one sitting.

review 2018-04-23 18:44
#25 - Restore me by Tahereh Mafi
Restore Me - Tahereh Mafi

Ok, so where to begin… I had the biggest book hangover I’ve ever had. Seriously, I was so frustrated by the end of the book I almost throw it across the room. I need more! And I need more right now!!

It was amazing to get into this world again. The original trilogy was one of my favourite series ever and I was so happy to know there will be more books to discover what was going to happen to Warner (and Juliette, of course, but Warner though… Sorry, I’m fangirling).

I was so glad to discover the new characters and to learn more about other part of the world. It was really something that I missed in the original trilogy so I was more than happy!

We did not get a lot of Adam in this book but honestly I don’t really care. I never really liked his character, I enjoyed when he was around for Juliette at the beginning but I’ve always been team Warner obviously…However, I was sad to get so little of James, because he is really cool and I would have loved more interactions between him and Warner. I guess there will be more in the next books.

The new characters are really mysterious and I won’t say too much about them because I don’t want to spoil it for those who have not read it yet.

I am not a fan of series that are supposed to be over and then the author decides to write more books. Most of the time it does not work at all for me, but in this case, it was just perfectly done and it add so much more to the series. I can’t wait for the next book (that ending guys :o!)

review 2018-04-23 18:27
On The Dark Side – Fated by Donna Augustine @donnaugustine
Fated - Donna Augustine

Fated by Donna Augustine is the third book in the Karma series and the more I read, the more engrossed I become in Karma’s world. This is my favorite one and it left me breathless

Fated (Karma, #3)

Amazon  /  Audible  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Fated by Donna Augustine is the third book in the Karma series, and the more I read, the more I am loving it.

Things are changing and not all of them are for the better.

Are people all good or all bad? What about the gray area in between the black and white?

Is an apocalypse coming? Can they stop it? Are they even supposed to?

The Jinxes saved her and now they have become her posse. She will need them. They bop around on skateboards and act like a bunch of teenagers. We all know they are not. Who knows how old they are?

I love the humorous writing mixed in with the seriousness.

Karma even meets the Gods.

Another god having a temper tantrum in less than a week? I’d either been created at a bad time or these folks needed some anger management classes.

The fight against good and evil rages on, but the romantic love story traverses time. Plenty of sexual tension, spice and heat as Karma struggles to come to terms with a love that will not, cannot be denied.

AND THAT FRIGGIN’ ENDING. OMG! It almost had me in tears and I was blown away by such a surprisingly fabulous ending.That makes this over the top and a five star read for sure. I am so invested in this series, I don’t know how I’ll be able to wait for Dead Ink, Lar’s Story. I recommend the series be read in order.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Fated by Donna Augustine.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

READ MORE HERE

MY DONNA AUGUSTINE REVIEWS

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gif
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/on-the-dark-side-fated-by-donna-augustine-donnaugustine