logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: my-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-10-26 08:10
Release Day - Riggs

Riggs

(Arizona Vengeance, Book #11)

Sawyer Bennett

Release Date: October 26, 2021

Synopsis:

Known as the team loner, Riggs Nadeau gives his all on the ice, but nothing extra off it. A beautiful stranger is about to cause chaos in his very structured world.

As a professional hockey player, people think I live a charmed life. On the surface, I do. But they don’t know the horrors of my childhood, or the real reason that I have custody of my seventeen - year - old sister, Janelle. And that’s exactly the way I like it. They may think I’m a prick because I don’t like to share, but that’s fine. They don’t know me, and they don’t need to.

In an effort to help Janelle get settled in Phoenix and stay out of trouble at school, I set her up with a job at Clarke’s Corner, the local bookstore owned by the girlfriend of a teammate. It’s there that she makes friends with Veronica Woodley, the extremely annoying, arrogant, money - hungry divorcee who I don’t want anywhere near my sister. Janelle insists I’m completely wrong about Veronica, but I refuse to accept that. I have to keep reminding mysel f that that the gorgeous blond with legs for days is off limits.

Through a series of events, I start to see Veronica for what she really is — an amazing woman who has survived her own hell to come out even stronger. I have to admit, we’re more alik e than not and the attraction between us burns hot.

Maybe I was all wrong about my ability to love and commit, but when the past comes back to haunt me, can I be the man that Veronica, and Janelle, deserve?

Download Riggs (Arizona Ven geance, Book #11):

Amazon | Nook | Apple | Kobo | Google | Print

Riggs (Arizona Vengeance #11)Riggs by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book #11 in the Arizona Vengeance series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Riggs is just trying to right by his kid sister. The situation is rocky, as she is adjusting to living with him and a new location. Only with his career, he is not often home. Add to this his burning attraction to the woman so generous with her time and he is slowly going crazy.

Veronica has enjoyed training the new hire to work at her best friend's bookstore. What she did not count on was being attracted to her older brother. He is such a typical hot jock. Well a hot jock who sets her on fire.

This story was such a delight to read. While I absorbed the book almost whole, I found the characters were exciting and had so much depth to them. The pace moved along well, and the heat between the main characters was off the charts. This is a great addition to the series. Cannot wait for the next installment to come out!

***This ARC was given in exchange for an honest review.

Audible (narrated by Connor Crais and Savannah Peachwood):

About the Author:

New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling author Sawyer Bennett uses real life experience to create relatable stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. F rom contemporary romance, fantasy romance, and both women’s and general fiction, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone. A former trial lawyer from North Carolina, when she is not bringing fiction to life, Sawyer is a chauffeur, stylist, chef, ma id, and personal assistant to her very adorable daughter, as well as full - time servant to her wonderfully naughty dogs. If you’d like to receive a notification when Sawyer releases a new book, sign up for her newsletter (sawyerbennett.com/signup).

Connect with Sawyer:

✦ Newsletter: https://sawyerbennett.com/signup

review 2021-10-24 00:11
Steamy
Instant Heat - A.K. MacBride

Rae is talked into hooking up with the new local hottie.  Little does she know, when they finally exchange names there are several surprises!  What happens when she wants more?

Griffin was thrilled to find a welcoming woman, but he timing could have been better.  Once he finds out her brother works with him there is possible repercussions.  Should they take a chance on what they may have found?

While I found the pace quick, and the story rather fascinating, I was generally annoyed by the accent from Griffin being overly much.  I know the author was trying to set a tone, but it really turned me off.  The characters, however, are a joy to read and the fireworks were poppin'!  I give this book a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2021-10-23 23:35
Unexpected
Riggs - Sawyer Bennett

This is book #11 in the Arizona Vengeance series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Riggs is just trying to right by his kid sister.  The situation is rocky, as she is adjusting to living with him and a new location.  Only with his career, he is not often home.  Add to this his burning attraction to the woman so generous with her time and he is slowly going crazy.

Veronica has enjoyed training the new hire to work at her best friend's bookstore.  What she did not count on was being attracted to her older brother.  He is such a typical hot jock.  Well a hot jock who sets her on fire.

This story was such a delight to read.  While I absorbed the book almost whole, I found the characters were exciting and had so much depth to them.  The pace moved along well, and the heat between the main characters was off the charts.  This is a great addition to the series.  Cannot wait for the next installment to come out!  I give this a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC was given in exchange for an honest review.

show activity (+)
review 2021-10-23 05:40
Out
If This Gets Out - Cale Dietrich,Sophie Gonzales

Ruben is part of a boy band that is hotter than ever.  They are on tour and headed to Europe.  He likes his life, well most of it.  He just wishes he could say what he wants to say.

Zach is enjoying the life the bet he can.  So what if they keep turning him down for the most important thing he wants? He is on top of the world.  Or is he?

These close friends have to navigate falling for one another amid the crazy life of the music biz.  Being best friends is great, but sometimes you want more. When they reach for each other it seems to soothe the aches. But sometimes.... you have to rock the boat.  These boys are turning to men and it is a wild ride!  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

**This ARC was given in exchange for an honest review by Netgalley and its publishers.