logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: not-a-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-07-05 20:49
Seconds
Far Away - Bryan T. Clark

Noah meets Spiro after he comes to stay with his Grandmother for the summer before he goes off to college. At first he is just in awe of the good looks, great body, and superior smile. Then as they become friends it has the potential to turn into more.

Spiro has to watch himself. He is reminded at every turn by his uncle that he is there at the courtesy of this family who owns it all. Can he help it if they have such an amazing person such as Noah in their family? He is struggling to hide his interest in such an amazing young man.

This story takes you through the beginning of first love, and off to the reunion as well. While not normally my style, I found my self intrigued by the story itself. These two lives being brought back together as one was almost magical. It is refreshing, honest, and felt very sincere. I think it is the way we look through most of the story through Noah's innocent eyes. I give this read a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

show activity (+)
review 2020-07-01 22:47
The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke
The Boneless Mercies - April Genevieve Tucholke

“Once upon a time, in the final days before Salt and Marsh Witch War, four Boneless Mercies turned their backs on the death trade, and went west, seeking immortality.”

The Mercy trade is a life of death, and it is a trade only for woman. This book follows four Mercies who travel town to town performing mercy killings, never revenge or vengeance. It's a hard and sad life, one that makes them outcasts from everyone they come across, they have themselves and no one else. But one day they decide to change their path, to seek a life that could change it all. A chance at a warriors glory like something from the old Vorse tales.

This book is very atmospheric and the author does a wonderful job at building this world and painting the forest they travel through. The story follows the single POV of Frey, which is a shame as I would have liked to read from the other girls as they're all so different and come to the trade for different reasons. Frey's blood sings for glory and wants more than the sad work of Mercy killing.

As they travel closer to their destiny you see such a change in her fellow Mercies, which is why it would have been nice to have different POVs, the people they meet and they stories they share and tell has an impact on them. They are a family and they decide their fates together.

Truly I loved how this was written, every moment felt right and written with depth and care, but it was defiantly lacking something. There didn't feel like a sense of urgency, or any real wow moments, when I think back to any fights they did have on the road or going into the Marsh to face the Cut Queen it wasn't quite punchy enough. But on the flip side I loved the entire section with the Cut Queen, it felt weird and creepy and unpredictable but it lacked that something, that drama.

There's a lot to love about this book and there's a lot that needs some va va voom, there is a standalone companion book set in the same world I will be giving a read.

“I wanted to change my fate, to force it down another road. I wanted to stand in the river of time and make it flow a different direction, if just for a little while.”

Don't forget you can follow & subscribe.
show activity (+)
review 2020-07-01 21:27
Lost in a Fantasy – Blood and Ashes by Katie Zaber @Zaberbooks
Ashes and Blood (Dalya #1) - Katie Zaber

I shared Ashes and Blood by Katie Zaber for a tour, but I didn’t read and review it until the author asked me if I would like a copy. Of course, I said yes and I am so glad I did.

I have a thing for trees and love the cover. How about you?

Ashes and Blood

Amazon / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

I was first drawn to Ashes and Blood by Katie Zaber when I saw the cover. I love trees, whether real or fantasy.

What would you do if you are ambling along a familiar trail, and all of a sudden, you find a tree that was never there before? I think I would run, but before they can decide to do the same, things begin to change with every step they take and they are whisked away, into another world.

Sarah, Dana, Ciara and Megan are in for the time of their lives and I am along for the ride. Katie Zaber did a fantastic job creating a world filled with wonder and magic. I quickly became immersed in her world, created in vivid detail with characters I immediately became involved with.

Of course, we have to have one who is in the spotlight and that will be Megan, though all peripheral characters have very important parts to play to make this book a whole. Each has their own personalities and talents that will come in handy. They are tight and their ‘family’ grows as the adventure moves along.

Action and adventure abound and they find their destiny in a place they never could have imagined. Of course, we have to have a bad guy, and he hits very close to home, but there is someone involved who never shows their face. Are they there to save her, or want her for themselves. AND why do they want her? I am curious about who this ‘person’ is and maybe I will find out in the next book, which I hope Katie is rapidly writing.

As I searched around, Ashes and Blood is the only book I have seen by Katie Zaber. If this is her debut novel, she did a bang up job and I can only imagine what is to come. I plan on being along for the ride.

If you are looking for a story to get lost in and escape the real world for a while, I highly recommend Ashes and Blood by Katie Zaber.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Ashes and Blood by Katie Zaber.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos4 Stars

READ MORE HERE

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/blood-and-ashes-katie-zaber
text 2020-07-01 14:40
TunnelBear VPN Review | TunnelBear download

TunnelBear is a Canada-based VPN service provider that offers you protection against hackers. Find the TunnelBear Reviews on 10BestVPN tested with 10 most advanced features. Download TunnelBear trail version from 10bestVPN and check the VPN that suits your needs. For details, visit the website https://www.10bestvpn.co.uk/vpn/vpn-reviews/TunnelBear

Source: www.10bestvpn.co.uk/vpn/vpn-reviews/TunnelBear
text 2020-07-01 10:02
Buy Vilitra 20Mg medicine USA, UK buy medicine online from USA, UK

Apart from that, there are many physical as well as psychological reasons that can contribute to vilitra’s condition. There are cases where a medical disorder can become a reason for Erectile Dysfunction. Sometimes other medical conditions can have Erectile Dysfunction as one of its effects.

For More ED Products: vilitra 20 | vilitra 60 | vilitra 40 | vilitra 10 mg | super vilitra

For More Information Visit Our Site cutepharma