logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: not-a-review
Load new posts () and activity
text 2017-10-23 00:16
Sunday Post (which also has some soup in it...and a shelfie)

Happy Sunday!

Yes, it may be late in the day but it is still Sunday from where I'm typing.

I am woefully behind in writing reviews but, having tried for several times today, it appears I may be in a reviewing slump at the moment. So, I'll just go with the flow. Reviews may or may not follow this week.

Anyway, while I procrastinated over writing up some of those long overdue reviews today, I had a good look at my living room shelves and ... *shock* ... it hit me that I need to do a read&cull&sort sometime soon.

See, my plan this year was to not stress about my physical TBR and just read what I want. As a result, my main shelves are now double-stacked...and this does not even take into account the shelves and stacks in the spare room, bedroom, and, yes, there are some books in the hall, too.

So, I got to thinking that for 2018 I will try and focus on my physical TBR.

The mere thought was intimidating.

Intimidating enough to need some comfort food ... Here is where the soup comes in.

Apart from the ongoing buddy reads for science non-fiction, Sherlock Holmes, and my Dame Agatha project, there is one other theme that I am looking to explore more next year - the Suffragettes. But more on that one in a separate post nearer to January.

Is anyone else also thinking abut 2018 projects already?

text 2017-10-16 21:26
Sunday Soup (?) ... but on a Monday

... because I forgot to post this yesterday. The benefit of posting the Sunday Soup post today, of course, is that I came home to find that I had received some books that I had ordered. Yay.

Anyway, we were supposed to get the remnants of hurricane Ophelia today. While it was very wet and incredibly dark all day (it was pitch black at around 2:30pm!), there was no wind. Thank goodness! I mean, it was unlikely that the predicted winds would hit this part any harder than the regular stiff breeze we get, but still... Unfortunately, it appears Ireland has seen some storm damage.

This whole topic of tropical storms and all gave me an appetite for chili yesterday. That is, veggie chili in my case, which for some reason I wanted to have in soft tortilla shells, and which made enough to have left over chili tonight (because it tastes even better on the second day).

In case you were wondering about the lack of cheese, there is some mozzarella at the bottom.

The Muriel Spark book, which you can't really see, is Spark's Satire, which contains three novellas: RobinsonThe Abbess of Crewe, and Aiding and Abetting

Hope your Monday was not too bad either. ;D

text 2017-10-09 21:16
Monday Night Goals

As the evenings are getting dark again, there's nothing better than tea, book, and some awesome soundtrack.

text 2017-09-30 22:02
MIA... Update

We went exploring yesterday and found ourselves on a bus to the north coast - Port de Pollenca to be exact.

We had planned the trip but it was not until we got there that it occurred to me that there is an Agatha Christie story called Problem at Pollensa Bay. As it turns out, the story is set in Port de Pollenca (tho, Dame Agatha just calls it Pollensa) and it was great fun reading this short Parker Pyne story on location.

Unlike, Mr. Parker Pyne, we had great weather. No mist in sight.

text 2017-09-27 22:46
Largely MIA...

for a few days, but I'll share this reading update:

Happy reading, all! :D