logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: not-review
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2017-11-25 08:00
The Picture Of Dorian Gray
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde,Jeffrey Eugenides

A friend of mine told me about The Picture of Dorian Gray and she is quite a fan of it. I wanted to read it as well, to see if it really was as good as she said.

I enjoyed reading it. For me, it wasn't the best book I've ever read and there wasn't much surprise for me in it (my friend told me the story) but it was still interesting to read in my opinion. It took me quite some time to finish the book, but that hadn't to do with the story.

It was also the first book I read online (instead of on paper; it was a free read on GR and this was still before I had an eReader) so I had to get used to that as well.

text 2017-11-25 06:34
Devin Fitzpatrick Art Consultants Review: The benefits of wall art in designing the interior of your home

When designing a home, some people do not include wall art since for them; it does nothing to a room space. But in reality, it does bring benefits when executed properly. With its professional art expertise, Devin Fitzpatrick Art Consultants will provide through the following the advantages of having a wall art in your home and probably after reading the whole post, others might change their minds about this specific art piece. If you used the right methods and done proper considerations you can suit your current space with the wall art and it would give that additional harmony to your house.

Color Palette

The first on the list is that wall art can be a basis to the color palette of your interior design. It is simpler to choose a wall art that you really love than choosing from the long list of possible good color palettes. But how can a wall art make things easier in determining the color palette of your space? Simple, you can choose at least two or three shades from that art piece and select the dominant color together with other shades that you would like to assign as accents.

This way, it is easier to choose items for that specific space because you already have a color scheme in mind. But if you are confused about the proper colors to use, you can use some mobile applications as a guide to identify the corresponding shades of paint to a specific color palette. In order to have a more expert approach in designing your interior with the color palette of your choice, then get in touch with an art consultant such as the Devin Fitzpatrick Art Consultants.

Central Point

Wall art can also give you the advantage of being the central point to a room space. First-time visitors will definitely point out something that attracts their attention at first, and to have a good and positive impression, a wall art can be that design element and be the chief-of-design in that room space. While choosing such art piece, bear in mind that its size plays a vital role in becoming an effective focal point. Steer clear from too small or too big artwork because an imbalanced appearance does not bring a positive reaction to people. Note about the proper measurements and keep in mind to follow the right methods in hanging an artwork.

Texture

A good texture is also one of the advantages of wall art. You can achieve a varying sense of texture too if you put various forms of art inside your house. Including sculptures and shadow boxes in your design can help you add more depth. Look forward to the additional visual weight of your interior design with those mentioned extra bits of texture.

Finishing Touch

Placing a wall art can initiate the feeling of completion where your visitors will think that your interior design is finished. This art piece can pull a room space together, bringing that finishing touch. Choose a wall art that matches your preferred style in decorating.

With those benefits mentioned above, Devin Fitzpatrick Art Consultants expects you to add wall art in one of the things to be excited about in including to your interior design. Putting wall hangings can result to a good framework for your interiors if it is done properly. Planning the rest of the items to be put in the space together with the wall art is much easier with the art piece being the source of your ideas and additional inputs.

To learn more about art decorating, you can visit other blog posts maintained by Devin Fitzpatrick Art Consultants.

review 2017-11-25 06:32
Amazing book!
This Mortal Coil - Emily Suvada
**Easily 5 stars. I could barely put this down and didn’t want to when I had to; I’ll write my proper review when I can, and luckily after I get to meet the amazing author Emily Suvada, at Wordstock (in Portland) this weekend. Amazing debut novel. Didn’t want it to end!

review 2017-11-25 05:58
Engrossing read!
The Wife Between Us - Greer Hendricks,Sarah Pekkanen
This was one of the most engrossing psychological thrillers I've read that I can think of. It will have you compulsively reading (even when you're unsure of what's really happening), then sometimes re-reading parts of it to make sure you haven't completely lost your mind, which I think the character(s) within (no spoilers intended) often believes is happening.
At so many points of the book I felt as trapped and anxious as the characters did and that feeling permeates off the pages. The detail that is in the writing really contributes to how the raw emotions bounce off the pages, and you really feel the grip and control seizing you; I will mention this because the psychological and physical abuse are very real triggers in this book, the whole focus.
Somehow authors Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pakkanen give voices to a dual story line with so much detail and nuance, and although you may find yourself going back to check on what you just read, it will just confirm those feelings that they intended. It's such an intense read, seeing the inside of a 'perfect life' getting pulled apart, and all the sordid, sad details unraveled and splayed out for us to see. It's an absolute mind-bender that you must read until the very end to fully understand.
Thank you so much to St. Martin's Press for my early reader's copy! This was a real treat!

review 2017-11-25 05:45
Kiss me in New York by Catherine Rider

This book is cute, very fluffy story about two people who got their hearts broke around Christmas time. They end up going through a program to get over an ex together. It was obvious how this would turn out, but I had fun reading it, though I would say some of the predictability got boring at times.

I did like the two main characters for the most part.

I really liked the part where she just buys a puppy. It made me have a little laugh. Like here is a girl that is going back to England less than a day, but she decides to buy a puppy? I'm happy she rescued it, or she assumes so, since she got it from a con man, who probably didn't care about the puppy.

(spoiler show)

Listen, most of this story is unrealistic, but it is a cute, cozy holiday read. I liked it. Tis the season.