logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: received-for-review
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
text 2014-09-06 21:03
Reading progress update: I've read 50 out of 352 pages.
The Good Girl - Mary Kubica

So I've pretty much been stuck on this book for what seems like weeks now, which it probably has been. I just can't get into it, especially since each chapter is told from a different characters p.o.v & it's either before or after Mia was found. I'm just not liking the writing style, which is extremely difficult for me to read. I don't think I'll be finishing this book anytime soon. Maybe in the future?

text 2014-08-10 02:48
Reading progress update: I've read 50 out of 352 pages.
The Good Girl - Mary Kubica

So I've heard from a few people that this book is really good, comparable to Gone Girl. It does seem interesting and well written. My only problem? Is that it's a mystery/crime novel, which is definitively not my forte. I'm more of a distopian, paranormal, fantasy kind of girl. So it's unfortunately taking me forever to read this one. Since I did receive it for review, I'm trying my best to read it every night, but with the amount of other books I want to read it's just so hard. Not to mention the fact that I've been in a reading slump lately! :(

text 2014-08-02 02:01
Reading progress update: I've read 39 out of 352 pages.
The Good Girl - Mary Kubica

Enjoying this one so far. My only complaint is the chapters being done in before and after from different point of views, non which involve Mia, the girl who's the main character. Otherwise, it's good. Just wish it would pick up the pace.

Glad I received this one for review. Also love the cover but wish the girl looked older, since the book is about a young woman.

text 2014-03-11 19:26
The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld

This captivating debut has now been published. See my review (among others!) here http://www.lovereading.co.uk/book/10401/The-Enchanted-by-Rene-Denfeld.html

review 2014-03-01 19:49
Review: Acting My Face by Anthony James
Acting My Face: A Memoir - Anthony James

I'd like to thank the author and publisher for the advanced reading coy I received via netgalley in return for an honest review.

In all honesty, I had never heard of Anthony James prior to receiving this book. I enjoy reading autobiographies as a rule, even if I have limited prior knowledge of the author.

Unfortunately, this book just didn't grab my attention. I really tried to persevere with it and give it a fair chance, but I quickly got rather bored. The timeline of the story jumps about all over the place, and this, combined with the very poor grammar, really annoyed me.

I really wanted to like this book, but unfortunately I found the title the most interesting thing about it.