logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: received-for-review
Load new posts () and activity
text 2018-09-25 07:28
TRICK OR TREAT a Rivers End romance with a touch of magic

Trick or Treat
This was cute. Love the cover. Would like to read more from C.J. Hunt.

Publishers Summary

No Halloween in Rivers End is complete without A Touch of Magic…

A few local teenagers have the crazy idea that RAMONA BAXTER is a witch. But she just wants to spend a quiet Halloween inside with the ones she loves. If the veil between the living and the dead is at its thinnest tonight, so much the better.

Mona’s got the popcorn, the wine, and her favourite movie ready to go, but when the hooligans strike again, she comes face to face with the inventor next door, GARRETT WHITING. He’s brilliant, charming… and unconscious on her porch.

Playing nurse to her sexy neighbour wasn’t on the agenda, but a little push from her interfering family might be just the trick to break out of her shell and let a little romance into her life.

Source: cjhuntromance.com/freereads
review 2018-09-24 07:50
As guardians of the Earth, it's our job to protect the unsuspecting human populace from things that hunt them. Those creatures that go bump in the night? We eat them.
Gone Hunting - Cecy Robson

Thanks to Kim @ caffeinated PR Services for sending me an e-ARC copy.

Aric and his friends Liam, Gemini and Koda are Weres, who go hunting for Elk in the Mount Elbert area but come upon a young golden tigress who appears to be lost. Aric is attracted by a strange magic to this tigress who changes into a young girl whose name is Celia Wird. She is also the reason dark magic forces gather wherever she goes. "They" want to kill her for some weird (pun intended) reason. She only escapes them because of a white (good) witch's intervention spell, but her spell didn't work correctly. The magic messes with the ley lines and Celia ends up in the past!

Unfortunately, my mind can't wrap itself around the idea

But still, I am delighted to have found this epic fantasy/paranormal. Is it also a romance? Idk but I've been hoping for something good to come along and Weird Girls looks promising. Gone Hunting is not just about boy things, but girl things, Celia and her sisters. Witches and Weres. I love strong female characters. I'm also glad to be able to read this series starting from the beginning. If you are familiar with Weird Girls you probably have already seen or read the other 8 (?) novels. Cecy Robson is a new-to-me author and I am thankful for this introduction to The Weird Girls.

Source: www.goodreads.com/review/show/2539707663
text 2018-09-19 22:17
Reading progress update: DNF
Consumed - J.R. Ward

I did not finish it. I can't. There are better books to read and I don't want to continue reading this book after putting it down more than 10 days ago. I am quite disappointed and mad about it.

review 2018-09-07 21:20
Finished Reading The Darkest Star
The Darkest Star - Jennifer L. Armentrout

It has been a long time since I read the Lux novels. I remember neither Luc or his friends and not much about Sergeant Dasher or the experiments on kids.

All of Luc's friends, Dee, Archer and even Daemon are back in The Darkest Star.

What didn't I like? Why did Evie or Luc always finish each other's sentences? It was annoying. I know, I'm picky, but it bothered me ok? Also, the writing didn't appeal to my intelligence, but it's YA so I can't expect anything more however disappointing.

I don't remember much about Micah. Micah was only ten years old but because of the human experiments, he aged rapidly.
In The Darkest Star, we learn about who Evie is. I didn't understand her feelings about the ordeal. She couldn't accept that she was Nadia? Why not? And the other thing, she was only four years into being Evelyn so why was learning about who she used to be so detrimental like make her want to flip out? Why couldn't she see she was special? She was very immature and not very reasonable. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with finding out you used to be someone else. Deal with it, get over it. So, she lost her memories of who she was before, and that's sad and unfortunate, but, I mean if she still looks like Nadia is she then Evie? Crikey.

Whatever Micah told Luc, was meant for another novel because something about they're coming, or they're here. What do you think Micah meant? To be continued

text 2018-09-06 02:23
Reading progress update: at 38%.
The Darkest Star - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Jennifer Armentrout's books are not all equally good. Most of what I read was apathetic and dull. It didn't appeal to me. School, hallways, drama, students, teachers, lockers, and classes are just something that I'd rather not read. I hated school. That is only one reason I dislike Young Adult books, and this one has it in spades. I can't.

When Evie and her friend decide to go out against their better judgment to a place that requires you to be 21, Evie gets held against her will by some guy named Luc inside Club Foretoken, for being underage and for seeing things she isn't supposed to. He also comes on to her. Club Foretoken is not a safe place because of the Luxen.

While she can get a fake ID, she loses her cell phone and has to go back the next day to retrieve it. This Luc guy is a mystery, and I am not that interested in caring about who the fuck he is. He knows Evie and her mother. I would have liked to know more about the Luxen Luc is harboring in the basement lol, but next, we are back at school, chatting with classmates about who fucking went missing over the fucking weekend. Fuck! Can I say "useless banter"?

Luc enters Evie's house as a thief and unlocks the door with his mind. He keeps popping up like he's following Evie and tells her he can easily track her because it didn't take him long to find her at the park taking pictures. At this point we know he isn't going to hurt her, but she should be afraid and concerned about her safety anyway, for some reason. I mean, get to the fucking point already! Lol

I can barely stand it so far, but I need to keep reading. ugh

UPDATE: The cat is finally out of the bag! Luc is a bloody Origin, NOT a Luxen, which means he is bigger, better, stronger, etc. Also, some baddies come knocking wanting Luc's help, but he refuses to help that kind and they didn't like it, so the girl intends to kill Evie.