logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: still-needs-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-02-22 10:00
Early Review! Dire Cravings (Arctic Wolves #2) Tigris Eden
Dire Cravings (Arctic Wolves Book 2) - Tigris Eden

Olivia Esmerelda Vasques has always been in control—in the boardroom, in the bedroom, and in her life. But when her partner/ex-husband insists she needs a vacation, Olivia is reluctant to give in until the board of directors issues an ultimatum: take a vacation or don’t bother coming back.

So hiking Mt. McKinley it is. Not her idea of fun, especially after she stumbles into something she can’t quite explain and doesn’t really understand. All she knows is that the sexy warrior she meets has promised to keep her safe. The problem is, she doesn’t know if she can survive him.

Bödvar (Blue) Varangian never expected to have his ass handed to him by the saucy firecracker that barrels into him in the woods. Scared out of her mind, and just a bit moody, she’s now his responsibility. However, she doesn’t take kindly to him telling her what to do, even though she’s been thrust into a world of shifters and vampires and is obviously in way over her head. He knows her type, yet he can’t help wanting to tame her.  But his cravings run dark; something he suspects will have her running faster and farther than the threat she currently faces.

Can two people from two different worlds find a way to navigate their journey of friendship, love, and their darkest desires?

**PNR, SHIFTERS, HUNTERS, Light BDSM, +18 and over Multicultural/Interracial Romance**

The newest Arctic Wolves story will have you craving more. Tigris Eden’s world is full of some unique elements that add something extra to the story and the world is full of strong, fascinating characters draw readers in and refuse to let go.

Blue and Olivia compel readers to fall for them as they find themselves facing dangerous adversaries, prophecies and secrets that could destroy them all while trying to navigate their explosive chemistry and undeniable attraction. The story is full of red hot passion and some super sexy scenes that include light bdsm, and lots of emotional turbulence as Blue and Olivia, who are from two different worlds find themselves dealing with not only an attraction that threatens their self-control but a situation that keeps spiraling out of control that has readers empathizing with their situation.

The fast paced plot is full of adrenaline pumping danger and action that keeps readers glued to the pages and lots of surprising twists that keeps readers guessing throughout. The arctic wolves find themselves with more questions than answers while facing their enemies as more information is revealed with betrayals adding to the mayhem.

Tigris Eden does a great job of setting the scene and the mood which enables readers to really become caught up in the fascinating tale because they can pictures the events as they happen. I was getting quite impatient while waiting for this story but I must say that it was worth the wait and I can’t wait for the next book in the Arctic Wolves series.

Dire Cravings is the 2nd book in the Arctic Wolves Series.

Dire Cravings is available in ebook at:

Amazon   B&N   iBooks   GPlay   Kobo

Tigris Eden can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   BookBub   Facebook   Twitter   G+

review 2018-02-22 07:10
Embrace Release Week - February

Leaving Everest by Megan Westfield

Leaving Everest by [Westfield, Megan]About the Book:

Twenty-year-old Emily Winslowe has had an adventurous upbringing. Daughter of a Himalayan mountain guide, she has climbed Mount Everest and other peaks most Americans only dream of. But for all her mountaineering prowess, she's lacking some key experiences. Namely, guys. Especially one guy in particular—Luke Norgay, her childhood best friend who she hasn't seen since he left for college in the United States two years ago.

Luke unexpectedly reappears as a guide just in time for the Everest climbing season. He's even more handsome than she remembers, and that something that had been building between them during their last season together is back in front of them, bigger than ever.

The problem is, there's a detail about Emily's past that Luke doesn't know. It's the reason she ended up in the Himalayas in the first place...and the reason she must make it to the summit of Mount Everest this year. It's also the reason she would never consider following him back to Washington after the climbing season ends.

But first, they'll have to survive the mountain.

Purchase Link: https://entangledpublishing.com/leaving-everest.html

About Megan:

Megan Westfield grew up in Washington State, attended college in Oregon, and lived in Virginia, California, and Rhode Island during her five years as a navy officer. She is now a permanent resident of San Diego, along with her husband and two young children. Aside from writing and her family, her great passions in life are reading, candy, and spending lots of time outside hiking, skiing, camping, climbing, running, and biking.
Connect with Megan Westfield and learn more about her upcoming books at www.meganwestfield.com.

Megan’s Links:

Author Website: www.meganwestfield.com
Author Blog: www.meganwestfield.com/blog
Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/MegWestfield
Author Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeganWestfieldAuthor/
Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/meganwestfield/
Author Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/westfieldwrites/
Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15342456.Megan_Westfield
Newsletter: http://meganwestfield.com/connect/

~~~~~

Straight Up Irish by Magan Vernon

About the Book:

I need a wife if I want to help save my family’s billion-dollar pub empire. There’s just one problem: I never plan on marrying. So, I need someone who understands that this is just another business deal. I don’t do commitments. And my brother’s executive assistant, Fallon Smith, fits that bill.

Fallon needs help with her grandmother’s expenses, and her pretending to be my fake wife is a way we can make that happen. She’s not my biggest fan, but we can help each other and then go our separate ways. That she’s beautiful and I enjoy spending time with her–doesn’t matter. When all of this is done, she’s heading home to America, and I’ve got a company to run.

A fake wedding and a whole lot of whiskey. What could go wrong?

Purchase Liink: https://entangledpublishing.com/straight-up-irish.html

About Magan:

Magan Vernon has been living off of reader tears since she wrote her first short story in 2004. She now spends her time killing off fictional characters, pretending to plot while she really just watches Netflix, and she tries to do this all while her two young children run amuck around her Texas ranch.

Magan’s Links:

#FEELTHEVERN (Reader Group): http://on.fb.me/1lVsZEo

~~~~~

Cinderella and the Geek by Christina Phillips

About the Book:

From Christina Phillips a sexy, new romance with a hero you won’t forget…

I'm not looking for love or a Happily-Ever-After because I know how that ends. I just need to concentrate on my degree and look after myself. But there's something about my boss, Harry, I can't resist. It's crazy since he's so hot and smart it should be illegal.
And then, just like Cinderella, I have my night at the ball and a midnight kiss, and for a week all my sexy daydreams come true. That fake date changes my life in a way I could never imagine. It turns out, Harry wants me too.

But I’m off to pursue my dreams, and he’s taking his business to the next level. There’s no way this fairytale has a happy ending, but that doesn’t keep me from wishing for it.

Purchase Link: https://entangledpublishing.com/cinderella-and-the-geek.html

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Harry and his partner run a successful gaming site. Their assistant is leaving them for higher education. How will they survive without her?

Alice has definitely found herself falling down the rabbit hole. She has a thing for her boss, but rather than ruin what they have, she decides to go to school without telling him. Then one day - he invites her to a ball.....

This is a rather sweet story which has rich characters I hope to see again. Compelling from page one, I eagerly turned the pages. These characters were meant to be together. As things heat up, the pace picks up also. I hope to see these MC's again in future installments in the British Bad Boys series.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publishers.

About Christina:

Christina Phillips is an ex-pat Brit who now lives in sunny Western Australia with her high school sweetheart and their family. She enjoys writing contemporary, historical and paranormal romance where the stories sizzle and the heroine brings her hero to his knees.

She is also owned by three gorgeous cats who are convinced the universe revolves around their needs. They are not wrong.

Christina’s Links:

Author Website: http://christinaphillips.com/
Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChristinaPh_
Author Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/christinaphillips.author/

review 2018-02-22 05:28
Charming
Cinderella and the Geek (British Bad Boys) - Christina Phillips

Harry and his partner run a successful gaming site.  Their assistant is leaving them for higher education.  How will they survive without her?

Alice has definitely found herself falling down the rabbit hole.  She has a thing for her boss, but rather than ruin what they have, she decides to go to school without telling him.  Then one day - he invites her to a ball.....

This is a rather sweet story which has rich characters I hope to see again.  Compelling from page one, I eagerly turned the pages.  These characters were meant to be together.  As things heat up, the pace picks up also.  I hope to see these MC's again in future installments in the British Bad Boys series.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2018-02-22 02:48
Burning Girls by Veronica Schanoes
Burning Girls - Veronica Schanoes

*Enters room filled with cobwebs and dust*

Uh... hello? Is anyone still here? *Coughs from ball of dust*

Phew! It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and read anything. Life has not been kind to me. The beginning of 2018 was so peaceful and productive... for about two weeks. Then Hell came and slapped me in the face and I've been trying to get back on my feet ever since. And let me tell you, it has not been easy. However, I am back and I am ready to tackle my TBR head-on! With that said, I was able to read a short story which I enjoyed quite a bit.

Now, seeing as how it's been a while since I've read anything, I decided starting off with a short story to ease me back into reading was a good move to make. And I was right. I read Burning Girls from Tor.com and it was such a harrowing read. It follows a Jewish girl's life living in Poland where she faces discrimination from the Cossacks and how magic can be a double-edge sword for the young witch. This short story covers so many topics. From Jewish tradition to history to even mythology. I was intrigued by the story from the very start.

Schanoes's writing style is very crisp. Since her main character is rather blunt and cold-hearted, her writing showed that very same bluntness without ever becoming bland. She has an incredibly flowing writing style and I really am interested in reading more of her works in the future.

As for her characters, I felt that a lot of them didn't have enough time to develop into fully fledged beings. I suppose that's what happens sometimes with short stories. Her main character, Deborah, was the only one that actually showed any type of growth. Although she is someone I consider to be highly unlikeable, she does learn to empathize a little with those around her and learns not to judge as harshly as she did at the beginning of the story. Shayna, Deborah's sister, throughout most of the story acted like a petulant child, which annoyed me greatly. I did, however, enjoyed her transformation towards the end of it. Still, I wish I got to know these characters a bit more before reading the end of the story.

Speaking of the ending, wow. That was well done and fit well with the rest of the story. I liked how it grabs you and reminds you of the harshness of reality. Life is rough and you don't always get what you hoped for no matter how hard you try... and that sucks. Man, this story made me feel so many emotions!

In short, read this story. It's really good. I did have my problems with some of the characters but I did enjoy the magical and fairy tale elements. If you love learning about Jewish culture, fairy tales, and a bit of history, read this story. It's quite the harrowing, dark read, but a good one nonetheless.

text 2018-02-21 20:44
Very Little Reading...

is getting done this week and weekend around here, because this is one of those weeks where I am not destined to be at home much.

But there are very good reasons for it: A very short-notice work trip took me to London yesterday. Yay! And even better, the work commitments ended just after lunch, with my colleague asking if I had plans for the extra time before we had to catch our flight home.

Me? Plans? Of course, I have plans! Apparently, he didn't but he was happy to tag along to see Charlie and the Whale...

I had not been back to the Natural History Museum for a couple of years, and this was the first time since they changed out the dinosaur for the blue whale in Hintze Hall. It is huge. What a great idea to feature it in the main hall. It really let you get a sense of scale and perspective to see it stretching almost all along the main entrance.

We didn't have a lot of time, certainly not enough to look at anything in detail or wonder off in many of the specialist areas, but I did make a point of us saying Hi to Pickwick's great-great-great-grandma/pa.

I love this place.