logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Discussion: Looking for recommendations!
created by: Heidi Hart
back to group
I'm looking for recommendations for new contemporary authors/series that I should check out. To give you an idea of my tastes: Jennifer Crusie and Ruthie Knox are favorites, but they can only write so fast. I like Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series, though they're getting to feel too much the same. I've also liked but not loved books by Victoria Dahl. I don't usually enjoy Susan Elizabeth Phillips (though Ain't She Sweet is an old favorite) or sports-themed romances. Kristin Ashley makes me want to stab out my eyeballs (no offense to her or her many, many rabid fans), but I surprised myself by devouring Kit Rocha's Beyond series last month.
Reply to post #2 (show post):

I have read (and quite liked) the Kowalski family; I don't think I've read the Fool's Gold series (though I have read some Susan Mallery). Thanks: I'll check it out!
We have a lot of the same taste, though I surprised myself by liking sports romances. Have you tried Bella Andre's Sullivans series? It's nice and long and steamy and I've loved most of the books in it. I'll try to think of some others. I know I've read a bunch I like.
Check out Reckless by Skye Jordan, Ross Siblings series by Cherrie Lynn, Turn it up by Inez Kelley or Neighbour from Hell series by R.L. Mathewson just to name a few. I like Ruthie Knox too btw, I'll have check out what ever else is mentioned.
Have you read any Rachel Gibson? Her older books epsecially I loved, not so much her new stuff. Sandra Hill's Cajun series was hot and hilarious contemporary romance set in New Orleans. And Toni Blake's Destiny series has some great reads too.
I'd recommend R.L. Matthewson's A Neighbor from Hell Series.
Thought of some more. Meg Benjamin's Kongsburg, Texas books are fun. And I love Julie James's books. Her FBI/US Attorney series may be too much romantic suspense but Just the Sexiest Man Alive s not RS and it's great. And second the rec for RL Matthews's neighbor from hell series. Oh and Anne Rainey' s Vaughn series is also good.
I like Toni Blake. Her Destiny series is really good!
I've read Julie James, Kristan Higgins, and Rachel Gibson. All the rest is new to me and I can't wait to check it out. Thanks all!
I highly recommend Molly O'Keefe's Crooked Creek series. She's also just launched a new series, Boys of Bishop with the first book called Wild Child.

I also loved Julianna Stone's series Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, The Summer He Came Home. The second book in the series was just release.

O'Keefe is one of my favorite writers.
I highly recommend Unsticky or You don't have to say you love me by Sarra Manning. So many people don't know about these books but they're so good. Unsticky is a little similar to Fifty Shade of Grey. A little! It's similar because a contract is involved and the relationship can be a little(okay a lot) unheathly at times but it's amazing. And you don't have to say you love me is just as good.
How about Carly Phillips? or Lauren Dane? Or Ella Frank.
Need help?