logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 2-star-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-12-14 17:05
Buried Alive in Sinful Vows by Kristine Mason @KristineMason7
Sinful Vows (Book 3 Sinful C.O.R.E.) (C.O.R.E. Series) - Kristine Mason

WOO HOO, get your copy of Sinful Vows by Kristine Mason now.

OMG. What a fabulous cover for Sinful Vows by Kristine Mason.

I am a huge fan of Kristine Mason’s and I am so happy to be back in her world. I know there will be laughs, danger and death, not necessarily in that order, and I look forward to digging in. LOL

MY REVIEW

Kristine Mason can go from light and sweet to dark and deadly at the snap of a finger.

A secret to be kept. How far to go to keep it? He went all the way, and once started, his nightmares drove him.

Whitney was patiently waiting for the right man to come along, taking a ribbing from Andy. Her and Andy had an easy relationship, working side by side, sharing lively banter. She looks at him as an older brother.

Whitney is the first female detective in the narc unit of Cuyoga County Sheriff’s Department in Cleveland, Ohio. But, her biological clock is tick, tick, ticking away, so when she goes undercover in the burbs, with a fake husband and ‘white picket fence’, I know there is romance in the air. Enter CORE. And a hunka burning love is coming her way.

Let’s meet Sloan North, ‘a giant, hairy beast, covered in leather, denim and chains.’

She’s an ‘Amazonian Barbie’ and a bit too mouthy and bossy for him. Guess he’ll need to get over it, because between you and me, they will be hooking up for the long term.

Kristine Mason has a way with writing and descriptions, bringing her characters to life with a humorous hint and lively banter.

“How do you fit in this thing?” “Just fine.” They are talking about her Fiat 500 hatchback.

“You should too. If not, I’ll open the sunroof and you can put your head through there.”

It keeps on going and I can’t help but laugh out loud. Wonderful dialogue and I commend Kristine Mason’s ability to write it. It appears to be done so effortlessly.

I love when he pulled off his shirt at the department store, to try on the shirt Whitney had chosen for him in his new role as a suburban husband. WHOA, I can see it now. And the women shoppers reaction. “I’d keep him naked.” LOL

Hilarious writing of Whitney and Sloan’s dialogue and thoughts. Kept me in stitches.

Usually Kristine Mason’s stories are dark and dangerous and I have a feeling we’ll get to that, but I am liking all the fun dialogue and thoughts running through their heads.

I love when he forgot he was carrying her around their new fake home…and she let him.

The kids at the door were so sweet and funny.

I love Whitney leaving sticky notes for him everywhere, bossing him from afar. For being so organized, she sure is a slob.

Suburbia – we have the slut, the gossip, the dickhead…Sloan fights the whole shebang…suburbia, fake wife…but begins to nest, fixing this, planting that, buying this.

The Goldhirsch brothers…

I even feel bad for the serial killer. How is it possible for me to feel bad for someone that buries people alive? I hope that doesn’t say bad things about me. LOL I think it just says great things about Kristine Mason’s writing. She has several plots running simultaneously.

Whitney and Sloan act like a couple of teenagers trying to show the other they don’t like each other, afraid of being hurt or embarrassed. When they finally confront their interest, it is so cute, innocent, and childishly sweet.

Her best friend, Morgan…what a hoot. Sometimes the peripheral characters pop in and steal the show.

When Whitney’s parents come to their pretend home, I couldn’t help but laugh at her mother’s comments. Kristine does seem to sneak in an Ohio State fan in her novels. I catch it, because I am a Michigan Wolverine fan. Have no fear. We get along great.

I bounced back and forth on the rating, because I LOVE Kristine’s ability to take me into a deep, dark place with characters that scare the holy crap out of me and make me revel in the evil that men do. Sinful Vows does not quite take me there. Sure, we have some evil guys, doing evil things, but we are in suburbia, playing pretend house and enjoying all the humor that entails.

BUT, as you can see from my rambling review, I just want to keep sharing more and more and more, so…you bet ya…5 Stars it is.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Sinful Vows by Kristine Mason.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

MY REVIEWS FOR KRISTINE MASON’S NOVELS

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/buried-alive-in-sinful-vows-by-kristine-mason-kristinemason7
review 2017-12-13 20:31
Dragons Rule in The Book of Genevieve by Mark Boyd #MarkBoyd
The Book of Genevieve - Mark Boyd

Dragon stories always catch my attention, and this is one you will not want to miss.

The Book of Genevieve, Book II of A Dragon’s Tale by Mark Boyd is filled with fantasy adventure. You can see my review for The Prophecy, Book I, HERE.

Check out the lovely covers. What do you think?

The Book of Genevieve (A Dragon's Tale, #2)

Goodreads  /  Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA

MY REVIEW

The Book of Genevieve by Mark Boyd is the second of A Dragon’s Tale Trilogy. I loved the first one, so I was very happy to continue the journey with Genevieve.  Because this is the second book of the series and there is so much wonderful fantasy in store for you, I do not want to give anything away. I will just tell you how I felt as I read along

I couldn’t help but smile when Mark states that all Genevieve wanted were breasts and a normal life. BUT, there is a Prophecy to be fulfilled and she is part of it.

We have elves, Pegasaurs, dragons, demons, vampires, werehounds, trolls, dwarves and two brothers that I fell in love with, Aer and Loer.

I loved when Genevieve and Leto showcased their swordplay, the crowd wildly cheering them on. I could see it like a film playing in my mind. So much fun…as is her first ride on her dragon, soaring, swooping, loop-de-looping, laughing all the way.

I got lost in their fantasy world of new friendships and new alliances. The more characters I met, the more friends I made. Some are rough and gruff, some are easy going, some are young, some are old.

The magical creatures are drawn together to fulfill the Prophecy. Some will die, especially sad about the one, but as some pass on, new babes are born.

I can hardly wait to learn the ending of this does not stand alone trilogy in Mishmakor, The Dragon King.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Book of Genevieve by Mark Boyd.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

MY MARK BOYD REVIEWS

The Prophecy

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/dragons-rule-in-the-book-of-genevieve-by-mark-boyd-markboyd
review 2017-12-12 16:43
Teaser Tuesday #102 – Kris Kringle’s Magic by Diane Stringam Tolley @storytolley
Kris Kringle's Magic - Diane Stringam Tolley

I won Kris Kringle’s Magic, a lovely first edition hardcover novel, by Diane Stringam Tolley. If you have elvely questions, she has the answers.

Kris Kringle's Magic

MY REVIEW

Kris Kringle’s Magic is a wonderfully uplifting story for all ages that answers the questions of how Kris came to live at the North Pole with the elves, how they began the tradition of gift giving, and is both sad and happy with a lesson for all ages, leaving me wanting more.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

In a world where elves are only slaves, one boy is determined to make things right. With the elves’ help, Kris decides to begin with the children. But can a pile of gifts on Christmas Eve really change anything? This enchanting story is sure to captivate kids of all ages. An instant holiday classic you’ll want to read again and again!

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/teaser-tuesday-102-kris-kringles-magic-by-diane-stringam-tolley-storytolley
review 2017-12-12 16:10
Beware if Leine Basso has you in her sights – The Last Deception by D V Berkom @dvberkom
The Last Deception: A Leine Basso Thriller - D.V. Berkom

The cover for The Last Deception by D V Berkom shows Leine Basso as I see her. I love when a cover fits the characters and the story.

I have been reading D V Berkom’s novels for some time now, and eagerly grab them and begin reading as soon as they arrive. Check out this and some of my other reviews and you will see why.

So…let’s not waste any more time.

The Last Deception (Leine Basso Thriller #6)

MY REVIEW

I love kickass female protagonists and D V Berkom supplies me with one of my favorites in the Leine Basso series and The Last Deception. These books stand alone, so no worries there, but once you start, you won’t want to stop.

We start right off with action, kicking down doors and bullets flying, as she heads off to Libya to rescue 15 year old Munira from terrorists. She had been kidnapped, brutally abused, then when they were finished with her, they sold her to sex traffickers.

Leine thought she left her past behind, until a friend calls her for help.

Maskinovka – Deception. American lives are on the line and the clock is ticking. Danger and political intrigue. Who to trust. How do you find answers without tipping your hand to the wrong person?

Some would call Leine’s actions rash, but she called them expedient. Sometimes split second decisions must be made, to accomplish the mission. Leine will put her life on the line to do what is right. I know, or at least I think I know, that DV Berkom will not kill her off.

I love a character who knows who they are. I have been with her through many trials and tribulations and love the person she has become. BUT, I loved her before, too.

The cover depicts my image of Leine. I can see her, laden with all the latest military goodies, crawling through the jungle, reconning, taking fire and dishing it out.

The writing and pacing keep the story moving and I travel from place to place, danger to danger, reading and wondering where it will all end. Sometimes your enemy is your friend and I love D V Berkom’s ability to make the story and characters read true. She does her research and it shows through her words. Great job D.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Last Deception by D V Berkom.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

My Reviews DV Berkom’s Leine Basso Thrillers:

My Reviews for DV Berkom’s Kate Jones Thrillers:

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/beware-if-leine-basso-has-you-in-her-sights-the-last-deception-by-d-v-berkom-dvberkom
review 2017-12-12 15:27
Monday Mini – Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet by Adam Howe @Adam_G_Howe
Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet - Adam Howe

Oh man, I don’t know what to say about Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet by Adam Howe.

From Adam Howe, winner of Stephen King’s On Writing contest, come three original novellas of hardboiled crime, graphic horror and pitch-black gallows humor.

Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet

Goodreads  /  Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA

My Review for Damn Dirty Apes

Adam Howe’s writing kept me laughing through the horrific twists and turns that is so ‘sick’. A weird and wacky horror story had me laughing in disgust. The mix of humor, horror and horniness shared some despicable characters and I loved to hate them. They hunt and fight their way through blackmail, kidnap and violence.

My Review for Die Dog or Eat The Hatchet

A psychopath reveling in the memories of the brutal and grotesque murders he committed. When is the death penalty appropriate. When you meet Hingle and delve into his perverted and twisted mind. The horror and savagery is impossible for me to imagine on my own, so Adam Howe brings it to life for me. Wickedly good ending.

My Review for Gator Bait

Gator Bait is available by itself and I have already reviewed it. I will share a bite and you can check it out for yourself HERE.

OMG! The ending blew me away and I couldn’t help but laugh. I never could have seen ALL that coming and I love it. The best laid plans often go awry and boy, oh boy, do they.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet by Adam Howe.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars all the way for each and every novella.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/monday-mini-die-dog-or-eat-the-hatchet-by-adam-howe-adam_g_howe