logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 2-star-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-07-16 19:36

Contemporary Romantic Suspense
Paperback & ebook, 294 Pages
June 30th 2018 by Ewephoric Publishing

MY REVIEW

The fabulous cover hints at the story inside and I do like when that happens. Doesn’t it peak your curiosity?

Annaliise has lost one friend to the curse and she struggles to stop any more from being added to the tragedy. She’s determined to protect her friends, whether they believe in the curse or not.

I love any twist on murder in my mystery and suspense/thriller reading, and Marlene M Bell supplies that in Stolen Obsession.

Traveling through words are some of my favorite adventures. I go places I would never visit otherwise. So…are you ready for the journey?

Annalise fights her attraction to Alex, but he is persistent and patient in his wooing of her, offering to help her on her mission to solve the mystery of the jewels. Annalise had suffered a great loss and protected her heart from more hurt. Of course, we know that can’t stand forever, seeing this is romantic suspense, but he will have to earn his way in.

I can relate to him, because my Mr Wonderful was the same way. And we know how that ended.

Their relationship developed in a realistic fashion, no instalove, but a familiar face appears in a new light for her. I won’t explain any more. You will need to read Stolen Obsession to find out more.

I couldn’t help but crack up at the Art Lady. She carries Ms Smith, her trusty 38, because pepper spray doesn’t cut it for her and is only used for backup.

Numerous times Marlene M Bell takes me to the brink of suspenseful tragedy, only to keep them safe and let me know there is more danger to come. I am very suspicious and she leads me to the edge of a cliff. I feel I’ll fall off, but she yanks me back from the precipice saying…not yet…but soon. I love that!!!

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Stolen Obsession by Marlene M Bell.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/giveaway-review-for-stolen-obsession-by-marlene-m-bell-ewephoric-ewephoric
review 2018-07-11 03:33
Scared The Crap Out Of Me – The China Conspiracy by P M Terrell @pmterrell
The China Conspiracy - P. M. Terrell

The China Conspiracy by P M Terrell is an awesome political thriller that kept me reading beginning to end. I can see why her stories are so good. Take a gander at her bio and you will see what I mean.

The China Conspiracy

MY REVIEW

The ominous opening and a bang bang has me riveted to the pages. P M Terrell wasted not ime in sharing the action and mystery.

Bu the time I got to Chapter 5, all the red flags are flying, waving madly. Am I right to be so suspicious of…well, you didn’t think I was going to tell ya did ya? lol

P M Terrell’s writing sets a pace that draws me so deeply into her world, I sometimes forget I am reading fiction.

Kit’s husband, is he a bad guy? Well, definitely not in the way I thought.

I love the way Kit handles her personal situation. Strong, dignified and FINAL! Have I made you curious yet?

It is P M Terrell’s ability to create such wonderful characters, with the writing and dialogue, that makes me feel as if I know them personally.

Danger, politics, conspiracy, traitors, greed, power hungry politicians, rigged elections…it almost makes me feel as if I am reading current events, even though it was published in 2003.

I am on page 323 of a paperback and my heart fell. Was her trust misplaced? Was he duped?  The book is 349 pages and I wonder how P M Terrell is going to end the story in a way that will make me happy. BUT, I have no fear…well, almost no fear. She has never let me down.

If you are a conspiracy fan, which I sure am, this is a must read. I also take it as a dire warning of current and future events revolving around our most basic right…the right to vote.

P M Terrell kept me going from beginning to end. It was white knuckled reading that not only blew me away and scared the crap out of me, it pissed me off. Now that is what I call a great book. Emotions bubbling to the surface as I read through the pages…what more can I ask for?

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The China Conspiracy by P M Terrell.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

MY REVIEWS FOR P M TERRELL

• Thanks for visitingl!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/scared-the-crap-out-of-me-the-china-conspiracy-by-p-m-terrell-pmterrell
review 2018-07-09 21:14
Mummies, The Glob & More – Monsterland Reanimated by Michael Okon @IAmMichaelOkon
Monsterland Reanimated - Michael Okon

Monsterland Reanimated

MY REVIEW

I am loving this horror, apocalyptic, dystopian novel of terror.

Monsterland Reanimated, Book II of the Monsterland series, by Michael Okon picks up where Monsterland, Book I, leaves off.

The world has gone to hell, leaving an apocalyptic, desolate existence.

The kids grew up quick, some faster and more eager than others to step up. Danger dogs their every step, but the band of youngsters will stop at nothing to banish evil.

Igor and Dr Frasier have duties dictated by the now deceased Vincent?

Motive =.Power.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

First it was zombies, werewolves, and vampires. What will they be fighting this time? Do humans stand a chance against them? I am sure it will be gruesome.and deadly.

What’s more dangerous than a speeding bullet? Whisp soda.

Action, adventure, suspense, thrills and chills, abound in this twisted horror novel that makes Jurassic Park look tame.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Monsterland Reanimated by Michael Okon.

MY MICHAEL OKON REVIEWS

Monsterland

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/mummies-the-glob-more-monsterland-reanimated-by-michael-okon-iammichaelokon
review 2018-07-09 20:48
Freaking Me Out – They Feed by Jason Parent @AuthorJasParent
They Feed - Jason Parent

I am a huge fan of Jason Parent and his ability to scare the bejesus out of me. He did not fail to do so in They Feed. I love book covers with the trees and woods on them and this cover is so eerie, I know there is some badness in them thar woods.

Jason shot me a signed ARC and a couple of beautiful bookmarks of Seeing Evil. I wanted to review this as soon as I finished reading it in May, but unfortunately, sometimes things don’t go as planned. I plan to do better next time.

Cover Art by Zach McCain

Great job Zach!

They Feed

MY REVIEW

OMG. Everything, the title, cover, the woods…makes me eager to begin my ‘hike’ through the pages of They Feed by Jason Parent.

I am a huge fan of Jason Parent and his ability to scare the bejesus out of me. He did not fail to do so in They Feed. I love book covers with the trees and woods on them and this cover is so eerie, I know there is some badness in them there woods.

Uh oh, Tyler”s past was waiting to catch up with him and he was ready to face it, or what he thought IT was. He was prepared….not by a long shot. LOL

In the real world, men were the only monsters.

Unless you are reading a Jason Parent story. LOL

…stabbing with their steely knives…

WOW, love that ending. Some fall, some stand tall, some love, some die…and I was shocked at some of it.

He covers the real the unreal, and the evil dredged from a twisted mind. I wonder how you come up with these ideas, Jason. I LOVE your ability to FREAK ME OUT and PISS ME OFF…and that is all I’m saying because I so not want to spoil the FUN (LOL) for everyone.

Jason you are a master storyteller.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of They Feed from Jason Parent.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

MY JASON PARENT REVIEWS

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/freaking-me-out-they-feed-by-jason-parent-authorjasparent
review 2018-06-13 20:35
Monday Mini – Brink of Dawn by Jeff Altabef & Erynn Altabef @jeffaltabef
Chosen: Brink of Dawn (Young Adult Fantasy Thriller) - Jeff Altabef,Erynn Altabef,Lane Diamond,Whitney Smyth

I picked up the first book, Wind Catcher on an Amazon free day, so I was very excited when I won a signed paperback of Brink of Dawn, Book II by Jeff & Erynn altabef.

Wind Catcher has won several awards and I am curious to see about this one.

There are two covers. Look below, after reading my review, and tell us which you like best.

Brink of Dawn (Chosen #2)

MY REVIEW

I was excited to have won a paperback copy of Brink of Dawn by Jeff Altabef, after reading the first book in the Chosen series, Wind Catcher. The series is a fantastic teen and young adult fantasy and science fiction read. Brink of Dawn picks up where Wind Catcher left off, but it can stand alone.

Juliet Wildfire Stone lives up to her name. She has powers:  hears peoples thoughts and reads their emotions, possess animals, super strength and speed, telekinesis, heals instantly…a regular superhero. She has a destiny and knows there are others out there, like her. There is more than Earth at stake and I am so happy that she has her BFF Tony at her side.

This series turned out to be a surprise. It is more than what I was expecting. A group of youngsters out to save th world. Action, danger. They are the chosen and then there’s Troy.They will fight as a team and only death will stop them. The characters grow, develop, and become a family as they fight the good fight .

Surprise and thrills and all the young adult goodness makes this a series that kept me reading and entertained and I do want more…there is a Book III, Scorched Souls.

GOODREADS BLURB

Follow-up to the multiple award-winning Wind Catcher

They walk among us as if they are gods.
Only the Chosen know what they are.
Only the Chosen know to fear them.
And only the Chosen can defeat them.

Evolved Publishing presents the second book in the multiple award-winning Chosen series of young adult mystery thrillers, which feature an American Indian fantasy and supernatural theme, from the same author who brought you the award-winning thriller Shatter Point, and his daughter.

Juliet Wildfire Stone and her best friend, Troy Buckhorn, barely escaped their sleepy Arizona town alive. Now they’re speeding to New York City to find the three other Chosen. The Chosen must band together to face an ancient foe that threatens all humanity.

Yet Juliet doesn’t know whom to trust, and strange things are happening in the City.

The Chosen will be tested, their resolve questioned, and their flaws exposed. Each must decide whether he or she will fulfill their destiny—or run. To defeat the enemy, they must stop battling among themselves and overcome their own struggles.

Only one can lead them. Will Juliet embrace her powers in time?

Brink of Dawn picks up where the multiple-award-winning first book in the Chosen series, Wind Catcher, left off, but it can also be read as a stand-alone novel. Continue the adventure! And be sure to watch for the third and final installment in this exciting series, Scorched Souls, to launch in late 2016.

Stalk Jeff:  Website

MY JEFF ALTABEF REVIEWS

Alternate Cover – Which do you like best?

Brink of Dawn (Chosen #2)

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/monday-mini-brink-of-dawn-by-jeff-altabef-erynn-altabef-jeffaltabef