logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 3-plus-star-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-02-23 16:44
Tag Team Giveaway & Reviews – Egyptian Heart by Kathryn Meyer Griffith @KathrynG64
Egyptian Heart - Kathryn Meyer Griffith

This is where myself (sherry at fundinmental) and laura at fuonlyknew tag team authors and their books.

We share our reviews and giveaways, giving you two views and two chances to win!

Kathryn Meyer Griffith is a prolific writer and I have been loving her work for some time now. Egyptian Heart is a fabulous time travel and alternate history novel that visits the desert sands of Egypt and gives us another look at Nefertiti and the lost necropolis.

I love this gorgeous cover!

MY REVIEW

Any book by Kathryn Meyer Griffith is one I want on my reading list and this beauty is no exception. I loved my trip to Egypt with Maggie in this time travel, alternate history novel where she will cross the boundaries of time to find the the answer to the riddle of the lost necropolis and Nefertiti, and her one true love.

Maggie’s mother had warned her about life’s surprises…

“It’ll knock you on your butt all right.”

And she is finding how prophetic her words would be.

Maggie’s special talents, which she knew nothing about, were coming to the forefront since she arrived in Egypt. She had been searching for answers about the lost necropolis and Nefertiti, and wondering whether she would ever find love.

She never expected to find it here…Ramose.

It was so easy to get lost in Maggie’s world of ancient Egypt. I love what Kathryn Meyer Griffith did with the storyline and I was surprised at the ending. I never saw it coming and that is always a wonderful thing. Not so easy to surprise a prolific reader like me.

What would you sacrifice everything for the love of your life? Could she… Would she…be the one to change history? I lover her courage, determination and willingness to sacrifice it all.

I almost felt the dry breeze and the sand from the storm trying to peel the skin from my bones, the terror and abuse the citizens suffered at the hands of one so greedy and evil that he would stop at nothing to have what he desired.

Kathryn Meyer Griffith has a way of bringing her worlds and characters to life through words. The romance will cross the boundaries of time and I don’t think the ending is one you would anticipate. So…come on…travel to Egypt with us and learn its untold secrets.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Egyptian Heart by Kathryn Meyer Griffith.

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY AND READ MORE HERE

MY REVIEWS FOR KATHRYN MEYER GRIFFITH

review 2018-02-23 16:19
Fabulous Finale – Black Orchid by Abigail Owen @AOwenBooks
Black Orchid - Abigail Owen

I have been reading Abigail Owen’s Svatura series, and have reached the end of the road with Black Orchid, Book IV. What a wonderful journey it has been.

Black Orchid

MY REVIEW

Oh no. I have reached the end of the Svatura series with Black Orchid, Book IV, by Abigail Owen. What a fabulous road we have traveled and I can hardly wait to read more of work.

Black Orchid picks up where Crimson Dahlia left off, so you will want to read these in order.

Adelaide Jenner has lost her love, her te’sorthene, which can drive her mad, and she has become a danger to them all.

Nate, poor Nate, her lost love. He doesn’t even know how messed up his life is, though flashes blink in and out at times.

Can they find their way back to each other? They both deal with confusion, but Nate’s is filled with hate and rage, while Adelaide’s has become filled with trust and caring.

Maddox is still determined to kill all the women, Adelaide, Ellie, Selena and Lila, and he plans to use Nate to do it. These women are strong and determined, and as dragons have tremendous power. But will it be enough?

There are intense personal conflicts with many of the characters, and their powers. They work together as a family for support and to heal, while trying to figure out how to mend their broken hearts and minds.

Black Orchid by Abigail Owen is character driven and not all of them will make it out alive. The losses will be heart wrenching.

Abigail Owen has created an amazing magical world. Scenes played out in my mind, like a movie playing out on screen. The final battle will be fought and even if the story is sometimes predictable, it is an unforgettable and wild ride.

When Adelaide describes the bonds of connections and how she heals them, it made me think of Avatar. Now, that is being in very good company.

I wondered if the finale would wrap it up in a way that would make me happy and satisfied, but, no worries. She more than met my expectations, she surpassed them. The action and fight scenes are described in vivid detail, playing out like a film unreeling in my mind. I, especially, loved the dragon fight finale with Maddox.

At the end of the book, Abigail Owen has explanations for the key concepts, characters and their powers.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Black Orchid by Abigail Owen.

READ MORE HERE

MY REVIEWS FOR ABIGAIL OWEN

The Shadowcat Nation

The Svatura Series

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/fabulous-finale-black-orchid-by-abigail-owen-aowenbooks
review 2018-02-21 16:20
Mermaids Are Alive and In Love in Updrift by Errin Stevens @errinstevens
Updrift - Errin Stevens

I love mermaids! It’s that simple. I may have even been one in a former life.

That being said, it was a no brainer to want Updrift by Errin Stevens.

I mean, look at that cover. How can you resist it?

Updrift (The Mer Chronicles #1)

* Audible * B&N * Kobo * Book Depository

MY REVIEW

YAY! Mermaids! Love mermaids and the cover, so reading this is a no brainer. I immediately thought of Splash, only in reverse, the girl ‘falls’ in the water and falls in love with the ‘boy’. I’m hooked.

Updrift by Errin Stevens is Kate’s life from the time she is five years old to adulthood. I love seeing her grow and develop from an introverted nerd, to a strong, determined woman with desires that will not be denied and one who knows the difference between right and wrong and will step up.

After the death of her father, Kate and her mother move from Kansas to Griffin Bay, North Carolina for a fresh start.

Kate is confused about all the secrecy surrounding her and the push for her to fill her days with tons of schoolwork, an internship, and little to no socializing, especially with Gabe. And Gabe? And, now that they were meeting after being kept apart for so long, is he still interested in her? Were they being kept apart on purpose…And, what now?

Kate and Gabe do not sense the danger coming their way, but I do and I fear for them. What could they do, even if they knew?

I love all things in their mer world. They have their own set of rules and customs, but there are those who think changes need to be made. After all, it is the 21st century.

I haven’t read a book quite like Updrift and Errin Stevens’ mer world had me thinking, hey can I play too? Who wouldn’t want to swim with the fishes…in a good way?

I loved it and if you love mermaids as much as I do, this is one you want on your reading list. I want more, and thank goodness I have Breakwater, the second book in The Mer Chronicles waiting for me on my Kindle. As a matter of fact, I cannot wait and will begin…NOW.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Updrift by Errin Stevens.

READ MORE HERE.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/mermaids-are-alive-and-well-in-updrift-by-errin-stevens-errinstevens
review 2018-02-20 17:53
Horror Underground – When Blood Falls by Joshua Robertson @Robertsonwrites
When Blood Falls - Joshua Robertson,Winter Bayne

I couldn’t resist grabbing a copy of When Blood Falls by Joshua Roberts after seeing it on Instafreebie. That creepalicious cover did me in!

Cover:  Winter Bayne

When Blood Falls

MY REVIEW

When Blood Falls by Joshua Robertson has such a fabulous cover, and I am a sucker for a great cover, that I couldn’t help but grab a copy and read of his fantasy world in the Deep underground that is filled with monsters, surprises, and a future worth fighting for.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 3 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

Defending against the demons of the Deep has long given Tyr Og’s brethren purpose. When Tyr’s mother is robbed from him during childhood, he loses his will to live. Now, filled with rage and regret, Tyr hungers for a worthy death to bring an end to the futility of his life. In a short tale of blood and self-loathing, Tyr seeks the most honorable path to finally join his mother in the afterlife.

• If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gifLook on the right sidebar and let’ talk.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting fundinmental!

Source: www.fundinmental.com/horror-underground-when-blood-falls-by-joshua-robertson-robertsonwrites
review 2018-02-20 17:17
Do You Believe in Reincarnation – Implicit by Mark Tiro #MarkTiro
Implicit: Soul Invictus (The Spirit Invictus Series) - Mark Tiro

Do you believe in Reincarnation and second, third….and more chances to get it right? Meet Maya, as she travels through her many lives in Implicit Soul Invictus by Mark Tiro.

MY REVIEW

Do you believe in reincarnation? Do you believe in second, third, fourth….chances to get it right? Mark Tiro gives Maya many chances to make the right choice at the right time. I haven’t read many books about reincarnation, but if it goes down like it does for Maya, I’m not sure I want to know.

I was angry and fuming from the opening pages. I feel for Maya and wonder where we’re going from here. I am so pissed for her and at the arrogant, spoiled rich shit. Then…it really goes to hell in a hand basket, as gunmen let loose, bullets fly, bodies fall, and blood runs.

In everyone’s life, a crucial moment comes when they could change the outcome of an event. Would it be for the better?

As I read Implicit my Mark Tiro, it seems the good die young and senselessly. For what? Is it random?

The life and death scenarios of Maya’s present and past lives showcase moments in her life where action can change the outcome.

Heartbreaking, angering, frustrating…

Follow your heart, don’t let others words sway you to do what you feel is wrong.

Sometimes the road traveled is bumpy and twisted, but it is life and we never know what tomorrow will bring.

Does your life pass before your eyes as you die? Is there life after death? Only losers play the what if game, holding onto grudges that hurt them more than anyone else.

Maya’s lives run the gamut of emotions, sadness, happiness, anger, envy…Definitely food for thought.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Implicit Soul Invictus by Mark Tiro.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 3 Stars

READ MORE HERE.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/do-you-believe-in-reincarnation-implicit-by-mark-tiro-marktiro