logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 3-star-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-03-12 16:46
Giveaway & Review – Cassie Tam Files by Matt Doyle @mattdoylemedia @SDSXXTours
Addict - Matt Doyle

Addict
The Cassie Tam Files Book 1
by Matt Doyle
Genre: SciFi, Crime Noir, Clean Lesfic

MY REVIEW

The character’s mind tends to wander and mine does too. I keep having to bring myself back to the task at hand. It is an interesting storyline but for some reason I can’t get my teeth into it Why I couldn’t concentrate…don’t know? Was it the book? Was it me? You will need to find out for yourself. That being said…here I go…

The technology, the Addicts, the corruption of law enforcement are themes that attract me and I love that I didn’t guess the answers.

Cassie has had more than her own Glock staring into her face. She is a private investigator and danger seems to knock on her door all too frequently. This time it brought HER, who Cassie was quickly drawn to.

I keep drifting, losing focus, but I did enjoy the story and I did get involved with the characters. It took me a while to figure out what was going on with the techies.

I do love a fearless character, with a big gun, and she’s not afraid to use it.

Even though I faced some difficulty keeping my mind on Cassie’s dilemma, I will be reading more of this series and I am looking forward to it.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Addict by Matt Doyle.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos3 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/giveaway-review-cassie-tam-files-by-matt-doyle-mattdoylemedia-sdsxxtours
review 2019-02-21 16:34
5 Star Historical Fiction Novel – Songbirds Are Free by P M Terrell @pmterrell
Songbirds Are Free: Inspired by the True Story of the Abduction and Captivity of Mary Neely - P.M. Terrell

It has only been recently that I have begun to read outside my favorite genres, and it is because of authors like P M Terrell. I first fell in love with her writing when I was reading the Black Swamp Mystery series and I never looked back.

MY REVIEW

Close your eyes, take a deep breath and let your mind go. Imagine you are a pioneer woman, captured by the Indians, bound hand and foot and taken far from home.

Imagine floating in a canoe, smelling the trees, feeling the wind on your face and listening to the boat knife through the water. Around the bend the prairie spreads out in its vastness and a herd of bison grow larger. There is a white buffalo. Have you heard of it?

Songbirds Are Free by P M Terrell is told from two points of view. One is Mary’s, the other is Jim’s. A relative who never gives up in his search for her.

Captured by Indians, Mary chose to live and wait patiently to escape, adopting the life instead of dying and her determination to survive and return to her family is amazing.

Songbirds Are Free is a piece of P M Terrell’s personal history, spiced up with her ability to write a story that will have you white knuckled, sometimes pissed off, sometimes sad, sometimes even spreading a smile or two across my face as I travel with P M Terrell in Mary’s fictional footsteps.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Songbirds Are Free by P M Terrell.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos5 Stars

MY REVIEWS FOR P M TERRELL

review 2019-02-21 15:35
Be Still My Werewolf Heart – Diamond Moon by Celia Breslin @CeliaBreslin
Diamond Moon (Black Hills Wolves Book 12) - Celia Breslin

I haven’t read any Young Adult for a while, so when I was offered a copy of Diamond Moon by Celia Breslin I jumped on it. This may be the 12th book in the series, but I didn’t have any trouble beginning out of order. That being said, I loved it enough to recommend beginning at the beginning so you don’t miss any of the good stuff.

Cover by Fiona Jayde

Publisher: Decadent Publishing Company

Diamond Moon (Black Hills Wolves, #12)

Amazon / Audio / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

It’s been a while since I have read any Young Adult Werewolf stories, and I was ready for this sweet little novella, Diamond Moon by Celia Breslin.

Darci’s parents had died and all she had left was a map leading to a mystery town. She is half human and half werewolf. Her desire is to be all human, so hopefully whoever is in the mystery town can help her to quit shifting. Last time her heart stopped. How long before it kills her?

Thus, the adventure begins.

She’s going solo. She is creeped out by the forest, which usually brings her comfort and puts her at ease. Maybe that is a sign. Is someone or something out there?

We meet Ross. He is all wolfy male, wanting to escape the city and find more meaning for his life. He walks away from his computer job to build houses, though he still keeps his hand in technology.

Okay, I think we all know where this is going, but I am having a great time getting there.

I quickly fell in love with Mister Sun God Sexy. I love his Big Bad Wolf attitude and his pet attack cat.

A lot is packed into this short story and I loved it.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Diamond Moon by Celia Breslin.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos4 Stars

• You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?.
Source: www.fundinmental.com/diamon-moon-by-celia-breslin
review 2019-02-20 18:07
Loved This Short – Environmentally Friendly by Elias Zanbaka #EliasZanbaka
Environmentally Friendly - Elias Zanbaka

Elias Zanbaka reached out to me through Goodreads offering his short story, Environmentally Friendly, to me for review. I’m glad I took him up on the offer. At the time of posting, it was free (be sure and check for the “0”) and you can grab it HERE.

Environmentally Friendly

MY REVIEW

I’m so glad I grabbed this original, intense, wild rollercoaster ride of a short story that had me zipping through the pages, following a cop trying to do a good thing, giving more than taking and leaving me wanting more of this wonderful character.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos4 Stars

• Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
Source: www.fundinmental.com/environmentally-friendly-elias-zanbaka
review 2019-02-14 17:18
Don’t Drink The Kool Aid – Scapegoat by Adam Howe @Adam_G_Howe
Scapegoat - Adam Howe,James R. Newman

Woo Hoo! More quirky and outrageous horror courtesy of Adam Howe.

Enter…If you dare.

Scapegoat

MY REVIEW

Okay….Here we go on another wildassed adventure.

A house on wheels, three mangy rednecks and a Wrestlemania road trip. I feel nothing can go wrong. ‘as I chuckle under my breath’

Some men never grow up, and Mike’s friends, Lonnie and Pork Chop are a perfect example.

They decide to take a shortcut and I know nothing good can come of that, but I sure am eager to find out what kind of trouble they find. They, literally, run into the “goat”, causing a crazy band of vicious, coldblooded cultists to chase them down.

Have no fear. Adam has a way of taking his flawed and twisted characters and turning them into lovable friends that come through at the end, but at what cost. He kills his characters off with no shame, probably laughing with glee as Another One Bites the Dust.

This action packed, fire and brimstone apocalyptic tale leaves me wondering…does anyone survive when the line between good and evil is blurred? Be careful…if you let pride…think you know it all….Arrogance is not an asset.

One minute I felt the truth of it all and the next I felt I was in hell with Sam and Dean Winchester.

Adam Howe shattered my expectations, leaving me loving and hating Mike and his band of misfits…and looking forward to their next twisted adventure.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Scapegoat by Adam Howe.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars