logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 3-star-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-10-14 03:38
Giveaway & Review – Murder by Perfection by Lauren Carr @TheMysteryLadie @iReadBookTours
Murder by Perfection - Lauren Carr

Book Details:

Book Title: Murder by Perfection by Lauren Carr
Series: Thorny Rose Mystery Series (Volume 3)
Category: Adult fiction, 322 pages
Genre: Murder Mystery
Publisher: Acorn Book Services
Release date: May 31, 2018
Tour dates: Oct 8 to Nov 2, 2018
Content Rating: PG (mild violence and sexual suggestion)

MY REVIEW

Lauren Carr is one of my go to authors when I want a mystery that’s just right. Not too cozy and not too dark, but filled with suspense, humor and a critter or two or three…

I love being back with familiar friends and the pets who love them. Lauren Carr;s characters, both human and canine, are rich in personality and she gets right to the action. the hook is set early and I love that, even though I know when I open the cover I am in for hours of entertainment, laughter, danger and worry.

Right off the bat I greet Newman. He’s a Basset mix and a couch potato, who pouts when he doesn’t like what’s on TV and doesn’t have the remote to change it. Sometimes it’s the stock report and sometimes it could be a movie, like Jurassic Park or zombies. He has good taste.

“You have a couch potato who pranks people by playing possum and another who’s a compulsive liar..”

A great description for the critters in this household. Gotta love ’em!

Jessica and Murphy are still in the honeymoon phase of their marriage, but, like a lot of us, they are busy with the necessities of life and don’t have enough time to spend together. Adds that bit of realism that makes the story read like true crime.

Technology plays a big part in this series and I would love to have a butler like Nigel and all the toys that are available to them.

We have secrets, murders, Phantoms, and more…

In fact, we have multiple murders and a long list of suspects. But don’t worry, we still have plenty of time for some laughter and lovin’.

Thanks Lauren, for another chance to get lost in a twist and turn mystery that leads me down one path, only to find I took a wrong turn somewhere. Keep ’em coming.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Murder by Perfection by Lauren Carr.

• Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an Amazon affiliate/product imgaes are linked.
review 2018-10-12 06:41
Going Underground in Eleven by Carolyn Arnold @Carolyn_Arnold
Eleven - Carolyn Arnold

Carolyn Arnold is a prolific writer and I have been reading her work for a while now. Her thrillers are to die for and I am excited when I have another one of her books in my hand.

Eleven was FREE at the time of posting and if you are a thriller lover, this is a must read.

Publisher:  Hibbert & Stiles Publishing

Eleven (Brandon Fisher FBI series, #1)

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

First, I would grab this book because it was written by Carolyn Arnold. Second, I have been reading her work for a while now, and I now she won’t disappoint my, but she may blow my mind. Third, SHE DID!

Carolyn Arnold’s novels read like Criminal Minds episodes. I love how she breaks down the crimes and the criminals, taking us through the process, step by step, clue by clue. And this is one mystery that keeps on giving. I was super creeped out early and it never stopped. I wonder where Carolyn came up with the idea for Eleven. Is she smoking something?

Salt Lick. Kentucky. Underground. Creepaliciously gruesome and I feel chills running up and down my spine just writing this.

Eleven, the symbol of purity, but I sure don’t see it here.

Focus, analyze, and be objective is what is required and Brandon is thankful for the training that allowed him to do exactly that, especially in the current circumstances. This is Brandon’s first case with the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI. His coworkers ride him, calling him Kid, Pending and Slingshot.

We watch Brandon grow and learn as he works under Jack, a Supervisory Special Agent. Danger strikes too close for comfort, but he slowly learns to keep control of his emotions, or he would be useless to the investigation. His first case, and it is a horrific one.

WOW…I am only at 28% and the story is so intense, I wonder how I will make it to the end. Do I cheat and peak? NO! Don’t do it. It would ruin everything. It is the anticipation, the awful, sickening journey that makes it all worthwhile. I will savor the threats and danger. I will crawl around underground with them…there go those shivers again.

There is so much more of the story to come, I can’t imagine what surprises are in store for me, but Carolyn’s ability to write with suspense and make her characters seem so real that at times I forget this isn’t a true story, is one journey I know I won’t regret..

The killer they are looking for is just out of reach. They will get there, but will it be in time? There is more than one life at stake.

Stories and scenes that happen underground really freak me out. I shivered and cringed my way to the end and loved every minute of it! If you love mystery, thrills and suspense of the highest caliber, this is a must read and Carolyn Arnold is an author you want to follow. I anticipate many more horrific stories to come. Bring it on, Carolyn!

“You have one great weakness.”

“You’re too positive.”

“You think we catch all the bad guys, that we can stop the evil in the world.”

“You believe in hope even when there is none.”

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

READ MORE HERE

MY REVIEWS FOR CAROLYN ARNOLD

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/going-underground-in-eleven-by-carolyn-arnold-carolyn_arnold
review 2018-09-19 21:01
Review & Giveaway – No End Of Bad by Ginny Fite @unwrinkledbrain @iReadBookTours
No End Of Bad - Ginny Fite

Book Details:

Book Title: No End of Bad by Ginny Fite
Category: Adult Fiction; 280 pages
Genre: Thriller
Publisher: Black Opal Books
Release date: June 2018
Tour dates: Sept 3 to 21, 2018
Content Rating: PG-13 (Contains cursing, violence, non-explicit sex but NO adultery, abortion, etc.)

MY REVIEW

No End of Bad by Ginny Fite started out with me thinking this will just be so so. It didn’t take long for me to become involved and wondering what would I do if I were sitting in a park, minding my own business, nothing new, just the usual work day and I see some litter, so I pick it up. Before I can say, excuse me, I am jumped on, handcuffed and off to who knows where we go.

Innocent until proven guilty? Yeah, right.

Accused of being a spy Clayton Turnbull’s life is over as he knows it. But it gets oh so much worse.

There are so many awful characters, no morals or scruples, a what’s in it for me attitude, and corruption and greed run rampant. These characters don’t even deserve to be put in jail, they deserve to be buried under it. There is no level they will not go to keep what’s theirs and cover up the evidence before that pesky reporter, or someone else, exposes them.

As will Lenore Cavanaugh, the reporter that is like a pit full. She will not let anything go.

Margaret and Melissa Turnbull will rise above and beyond anything they could have dreamed about.

I love a good conspiracy mystery and this is one convoluted tale that goes around the world and back again. Politics and greed rear their ugly heads and run full bore after those who threaten to expose them.

I like a book that makes me question things in the real world. I do wonder what percentage of people in the world today believe everything they read in the papers, see on TV and on the internet. Do they get their news from Facebook?

Well…loaded with danger, corruption, government rogues running wild around the world, these amazing characters will rise to levels never anticipated to do the right thing, to protect their own and to take down the bad guys, no matter who they are or how high they rise. And it doesn’t stop until the last page is read. Warning: the ending may require tissues.

I love this quote from Henry Kissinger:

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean someone isn’t trying to kill you.

Here’s a quote from Melissa to her mother, Margaret:

“God Mom, there’s just No End of Bad.”

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of No End of Bad by Ginny Fite.

• .
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an Amazon affiliate/ product images are linked.
review 2018-09-13 18:51
The Austin Paradox by Willaim R Leibowitz @MiracleManBook @iReadBookTours
The Austin Paradox - William Leibowitz

MY REVIEW

I LOVED Miracle Man, Book I, so I was very eager to begin The Austin Paradox, Book II, and I did, immediately. It’s a story of a superhero, but not one endowed with magical powers. He has a mind, a level of genius, never seen before.

This is where we find Robert James Austin’s mindset as we embark on a mission to save more lives.

There is a force of negativity and destruction in the universe. Highly efficient and infinitely resourceful, it empowers and leads. It gives diseases their resiliency, their tenacity, their propensity to reinvent themselves, resist treatments, regenerate and defensively mutate. It propels them.

Christine, his wife, just wants a normal life, and now she has it…or does she?

William R Leibowitz’s novels have a ring of truth to them, when dealing with Big Pharma and the government. So much of what he writes makes me angry, disgusted, and feeling helpless to do anything about it. I love when an author’s writing brings forth emotions that, at times, seem to overwhelm me. And if these books don’t open your eyes and scare the crap out of you, I don’t know what will.

I have dealt with the affects of the ‘don’t cure the disease, just treat the symptoms’, mentality of those who want more, more money, more control, more….How about you?

The main story, though, is about Robert James Austin and his desire to right the wrongs, all while fighting his personal demons. Robert believes that things should change and wants to help do it, by finding cures and making them accessible to everyone, not just those who can afford it. Man, oh man, if only his cures were real.

The Austin Pardox is different from The Miracle Man, but we are still learning about his genius, or now, it is his lack of it. His life is still in danger from himself, but also from outside forces who want him gone. The book may be different, but it is still just as intense.

A biological weapon, an apocalyptic Islamic caliphate…I wonder how everything will come together. I fear for the entire planet.

I know this is fiction, but I feel it could become all too real. Can we look at William R Leibowitz’s series as a warning?  Think about it. Who decides who lives and who dies? Who do you trust? The Austin Paradox left me hopeful and pissed off for The Miracle Man.

I didn’t rate this as high as The Miracle Man. It was a bit different, but I wonder, was it my mood? Did I get dogged down in the details? I wonder if, after reading The Miracle Man, I found The Austin Paradox more predictable. I don’t know, but I find the series to be a special series, and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Austin Paradox by William R Liebowitz.

MY WILLIAM R LIEBOWITZ REVIEWS

Miracle Man

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/the-austin-paradox-by-willaim-r-leibowitz-miraclemanbook-ireadbooktours
review 2018-09-12 16:54
Greatest Genius In Human History – The Miracle Man by Willaim R Leibowitz @MiracleManBook @iR
Miracle Man - William Leibowitz
Hi and welcome to my first of two posts for the Miracle Man series. Today I will be sharing Miracle Man and Thursday, the 13th, I will be sharing The Austin Paradox, Miracle Man Book 2.

Miracle Man

MY REVIEW

The cover, those eyes, exciting, alluring, drawing me in, deeper and deeper…

WOW! My blood was boiling, my heart pounding, my palms sweating….well, you get the drift. Miracle Man is over the top fantabulous! Unputdownable!

OH NO. Here we go…

Isn’t there a government organization for everything?

The kid, 11 year old Bobby Austin…I hope the parents are suspicious about the Institute’s motivations, because I sure am!

As I write this review, I am watching Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon, and Robert James Austin makes me think of Sheldon. Intelligence off the charts and socially inept, in fact he becomes so engrossed in his work, he zones people out completely, drives himself past the brink of exhaustion. But is that all that’s going on?

I can see some badness coming his way. Nevertheless, I am loving this rollercoaster ride and you couldn’t pry the book out of my hands with a crowbar.

I believe our medical research leaves a lot to be desired and so does Robert. I believe Big Pharma is more interested in creating a treatment, than a cure. But, he is in the position to do something about it. Robert puts his life on the line for his beliefs. He is driven obsessed, he cannot stop until he finds the answer.

Joe, his mentor, is someone you have to meet for yourself. All I will say is…I love the man.

The writing is excellent and the story so intense, I keep forgetting Miracle Man is fiction. I want to put my arms around Robert and tell him it will be all right. Remember, he is only 11 years old, and I am watching him grow up.

I am trying real hard not to spoil anything, so I am scanning my notes for small nuggets that can convey how much I loved this story.

So thought provoking…So many questions come to mind…

Government conspiracies, Big Pharma, betrayal, inner demons, greed, entitlement, religion…

The characters…all are well developed and unique individuals in their own right. Some I loved and some I truly hated, detested, wanted to jump into the book and punch their lights out! I empathized with some, I wanted to bury some under the jail, but they are all pivotal to evoking emotions of sadness, rage, love, and hope, and have their place in the story.

I wondered how William R Liebowitz would wrap up Miracle Man. I had some ideas and he flirted with them, but took them even further than I envisioned. Way to go, William!

This is a must read for anyone that gives a damn about the world we live in! Let’s hope some genius reads this book and gets motivated.

The interview at the end left me feeling confused. What, if anything, can change the way business and research is done? I don’t have the answers, but I know something different needs to be done.

Thank goodness I have book II, The Austin Paradox. No waiting and I am beginning it now.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Miracle Man by William R Liebowitz.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/greatest-genius-in-human-history-the-miracle-man-by-willaim-r-leibowitz-miraclemanbook-ireadbooktours