logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 3-star-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-05-17 23:44
Monday Mini Review – Wind Catcher by Jeff & Erynn Altabef @jeffaltabef
Wind Catcher - Jeff Altabef,Erynn Altabef

Windcatcher, Chosen #1, by Jeff & Erynn Altabef has more to offer than a beautiful cover.

Speaking of covers, what do you think? Does it make you want to check it out and learn more?

Cover:  Mallory Rock

Wind Catcher (Chosen, #1)

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

I got Wind Catcher by Jeff & Erynn Altabef, as an Amazon freebie back in October of 2016, but it got lost in the shuffle. Then…I won a signed paperback copy of book two, Brink of Death, so I pulled it out, dusted it off, and wondered why in the hell I waited so long to read it.

Juliet Stone is special, but she doesn’t know it. I love her feistiness and loyalty. She sticks up for her friends, even if it comes to blows. You definitely need to watch out for the badass ladies in Wind Catcher.

“You’re special Juliet. You’ve been chosen.”

What seemed to be a typical young adult story. You know, a ‘warrior’ girl fighting the big bad evil, has a twist with Native American mysticism that adds an extra bit of goodness for me and the battle with the Seeker tops it off.

I went straight to Brink of Death, Chosen #2, by Jeff and Erynn Altabef.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

Lies.
Betrayal.
Destiny.
A choice that changes everything.

My name is Juliet Wildfire Stone, and I am special. I see visions and hear voices, and I have no idea what they mean.

When someone murders medicine men in my sleepy Arizona town, I can’t help but worry my crazy grandfather is involved. He’s a medicine man and more than a just a little eccentric. He likes to tell me stories about the Great Wind Spirit and Coyote, but none of it makes any sense. I thought I knew the truth, but in order to clear his name I dive into his alien world and uncover an ancient secret society formed over two hundred years ago to keep me safe—me! And I can’t help but to start to wonder whether there’s some truth to those old stories my grandfather has been telling me.

I just want to be an average sixteen-year-old girl, but apparently I’ve never been average. Could never be average. I didn’t know it before, but I’m a Chosen, and those voices I’ve been hearing… well, they’re not just “voices.” I’ve started to develop abilities, but they might not be enough. A powerful entity called a Seeker is hunting me and he’s close—really close.

I thought I knew the answers but truth is, I don’t. Betrayed by those I love, I must choose to run or risk everything in order to fulfill my destiny. I hope I make the right choice. Don’t you?

AWARDS FOR WIND CATCHER

WINNER: Readers’ Favorite Awards — Gold Medal 2015: Young Adult Coming-of-Age

WINNER: Mom’s Choice Awards — Silver Medal: Young Adult Books

WINNER: Beverly Hills Books Awards – 2015: Best Young Adult Fiction

WINNER: Awesome Indies — Seal of Approval: “A treat to read.”

Stalk Jeff:  Website

Jeff Gunhus
Publication date: May 1st 2018
Genres: Adult, Horror

MY REVIEW

I love the creepy cover for Gypsy Blood and Jeff Gunhus writes some great stories, so I am eager to begin reading.

Corbin is sitting at a cafe minding his own business, suffering writers block and trying to come up with something, when in walks a dame. Sounds cliche, but Margo is not just any dame.

The death of the old man brings about strange happenings, strange men, and danger with a capital D, which will dog his every step.

I think I know what will happen, but Jeff doesn’t make it so simple. This is so not what I was expecting and I do love surprises when it comes to my reading material.

Evil oozes off the pages and I wonder if they will make it out alive and in what shape they will be in, if they do. Corbin and Margo must work together, though neither trusts the other.

I thought Stephen King writes great stories of raising the dead, but he has nothing on Jeff Gunhus in Gypsy Blood and if you are a horror lover, like I am, this is one book and author you will want on your reading list.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Gypsy Blood by Jeff Gunhus.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

Source: www.fundinmental.com/giveaway-gypsy-blood-by-jeff-gunhus
review 2018-04-23 18:27
On The Dark Side – Fated by Donna Augustine @donnaugustine
Fated - Donna Augustine

Fated by Donna Augustine is the third book in the Karma series and the more I read, the more engrossed I become in Karma’s world. This is my favorite one and it left me breathless

Fated (Karma, #3)

Amazon  /  Audible  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Fated by Donna Augustine is the third book in the Karma series, and the more I read, the more I am loving it.

Things are changing and not all of them are for the better.

Are people all good or all bad? What about the gray area in between the black and white?

Is an apocalypse coming? Can they stop it? Are they even supposed to?

The Jinxes saved her and now they have become her posse. She will need them. They bop around on skateboards and act like a bunch of teenagers. We all know they are not. Who knows how old they are?

I love the humorous writing mixed in with the seriousness.

Karma even meets the Gods.

Another god having a temper tantrum in less than a week? I’d either been created at a bad time or these folks needed some anger management classes.

The fight against good and evil rages on, but the romantic love story traverses time. Plenty of sexual tension, spice and heat as Karma struggles to come to terms with a love that will not, cannot be denied.

AND THAT FRIGGIN’ ENDING. OMG! It almost had me in tears and I was blown away by such a surprisingly fabulous ending.That makes this over the top and a five star read for sure. I am so invested in this series, I don’t know how I’ll be able to wait for Dead Ink, Lar’s Story. I recommend the series be read in order.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Fated by Donna Augustine.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

MY DONNA AUGUSTINE REVIEWS

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/on-the-dark-side-fated-by-donna-augustine-donnaugustine
review 2018-04-19 20:27
Saving The Snow Leopards in The Killing Game by Toni Anderson @ toniannanderson
The Killing Game - Toni Anderson

I love the cover below for The Killing Game by Toni Anderson. I have seen a lot of covers done by Demonza and they do a great job!

The Killing Game

Amazon Goodreads

MONDAY MINI REVIEW

I love thriller/suspense novels and Toni Anderson is a must read author for me…then add a wildlife biologist wanting to save the snow leopards…YAY!

What do a British SAS agent, a wildlife biologist and a Russian terrorist have in common? Snow leopards. One wants to save them, one wants to kill them, and the other is caught in the middle.

I love everything about the book, The characters, both good and bad, they all have their part to play. The location and the objective, who wouldn’t want to travel to Afghanistan on a mission to save something as beautiful and endangered as the snow leopard?

Toni Anderson writes some fantastic tales filled with danger, and this is another one I am happy to have traveled through. Keep up the great work and “I’ll be back” for more!

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

Wildlife biologist Axelle Dehn isn’t about to let anyone harm her endangered snow leopards—not the poacher intent on killing them, nor the soldier who wants to use them as bait. But Axelle is unknowingly entangled in a conflict that stretches back three decades, a conflict that could spark a war between two of the world’s great nations.

​British SAS soldier, Ty Dempsey, is on a mission to hunt down an infamous Russian terrorist in a remote region of Afghanistan. Dempsey hasn’t failed a mission yet, but when Axelle is kidnapped by the Russian, he is forced to choose between duty and his heart. He risks everything to save the determined, prickly woman he’s fallen for, but in doing so sparks a deadly series of events that threaten to expose the most successful spy in history. A spy who will destroy anyone who gets in his way.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/saving-the-snow-leopards-in-the-killing-game-by-toni-anderson-toniannanderson
review 2018-04-19 19:52
New Release Review – The Secret of the Lost Pharaoh by Carolyn Arnold @Carolyn_Arnold
The Secret of the Lost Pharaoh - Carolyn Arnold

The Secret of the Lost Pharaoh

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

It seems books with an Egypt locale have been dropping into my reading list and The Secret of the Lost Pharaoh by Carolyn Arnold is the latest one. I feel I am right there with Alex as she begins her descent…

Secrets surround the Lost Pharaoh’s tomb and she is determined to protect it.

What she found was so much more than she expected and she felt that Matthew Connor, her Indiana Jones, would be the perfect person to have at her side.

Matthew hops on a plane out of Alaska, swings by Toronto, Canada, to pick up his posse, and it’s off to Egypt and another treasure hunting adventure.

I am glad to be back with Matthew, Robyn, who works as the curator at the Royal Ontario Museum, and Cal who is a world class photographer.

We will have some sexual tension and a bit of goo goo eye romance. I’m not sure what’s what and I don’t think they do either, so it should be interesting. Matthew is a bit of a dufus. Can’t see what’s right in front of him. Oh well, I think we will have plenty of time, even if it’s in future books, for him to wake up.

Underground…oh man…I can handle larger spaces for a short period of time with easy exits, but being lowered into a welllike hole, a cavein, rolling down the river with tons of earth your sky, entombed snakes (yep, we have to have snakes)…They are hanging on, tamping down their fear. Could I? NOPE!!!!

When they went to the airport, I thought, hmmm…something has got to happen…and it did.

The twists and turns, action and adventure, mystery and suspense, kept me on my toes. I thought this would happen, then it didn’t. I thought that would happen, then it didn’t. Carolyn Arnold does a good job of leading me down a familiar path, then jerking the rug out from under me. Think it’s over, oh no, not by a long shot.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of City of Gold by Carolyn Arnold.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/new-release-review-the-secret-of-the-lost-pharaoh-by-carolyn-arnold-carolyn_arnold