logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 3-star-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-08-15 18:08
Monday Mini – Secrets Are Revealed – The Father Hunt by Becca Campbell @beccajcampbell
The Father Hunt (Flawed #3.5) - Becca J.... The Father Hunt (Flawed #3.5) - Becca J. Campbell,Jessie Sanders

Becca Campbell has done a fantastic job with her Flawed Series and I have a character novella to share with you today.

Sooo, let’s meet Graham.

The Father Hunt (Flawed #3.5)

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

The title makes the premise obvious, but Becca has a way of adding bits and pieces, bringing the characters to life, revealing them in all their glory, faults and all, allowing us to share their journey, good and bad.

Graham wanted to know who his father is, but…his mother wasn’t talking.

He heads on vacation with his friends. You know how kids are, looking for something to get into. This time, they had a mystery to solve.

I enjoyed this novella of a young boy, friendship, his insecurities, his need to know, his first love, sweet, hopeful, happy and sad…but I FEEL GOOD at the end.

GOODREADS BLURB

Fifteen-year-old Graham has always wanted to know his real father, but his mom won’t share that hidden part of her past. When he discovers an old love letter stashed in her closet, he suspects this clue may lead him to the truth.

While vacationing at the beach, Graham, with the help of his feisty and beautiful friend Violet, searches for evidence of this mystery man.

Will digging up the past lead Graham to find his real father? The secrets he discovers are bigger than he ever expected.

The Father Hunt is a novella-length companion to the Flawed series that can be read alone.

MY REVIEWS FOR BECCA CAMPBELL

• You can see my Reviews HERE
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gif
    • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/monday-mini-secrets-are-revealed-the-father-hunt-by-becca-campbell-beccajcampbell
review 2017-07-31 16:02
Fear Inducer by Ellie Douglas Review – @AuthorEllie @SDSXXTours
Fear Inducer - Ellie Douglas
Fear Inducer
by Ellie Douglas
Genre: Psychological Thriller

LOVIN’ THAT COVER

Hello. Meet Felix. He’s a genius. But he is all evil.

Have a phobia. He wants to know about it, then use it against you.

Let me count the ways a person can die.

Each chapter begins with a morbid picture, hinting at the upcoming torture.

Ellie Douglas will take you on a horror trip that may have you squirming in your seat, brushing imaginary critters from your arm, glancing at flickering shadows out of the corner of your eye…then laughing at your silliness. If you weren’t afraid before, you will be now.

You will need a strong stomach…and maybe a barf bucket.

I loved it…but then so much death, torture, blood and guts, that I needed a break. I actually became bored with it. This is killing, just to kill. I love serial killers and I want  to know their motivation, the WHY of it. What made this so necessary for him?

And then…it’s just done. I felt lost…

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of Fear Inducer by Ellie Douglas.

Read more here.

• To see all my Giveaways, go HERE.
  • To see all my reviews, go HERE.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/fear-inducer-by-ellie-douglas-giveaway-authorellie-sdsxxtours
review 2017-07-21 17:13
Review – Soul Mate by Anna Santos @AnneSaint90 @SDSXXTours
Soul-Mate (The Immortal Love Series) (Vo... Soul-Mate (The Immortal Love Series) (Volume 1) - Anna Santos
Soul-Mate
The Immortal Love Series Book 1
by Anna Santos
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
.P
I saw the blurb for Soul-Mate and it made me want to know Annabelle’s story. It’s not often I come across a hybrid supernatural and I was curious which would win out, the were or the vampire.
The whole town is filled with weres, vampires, and hybrids. Everyone knows they don’t mix, but here they carry on daily life as if they are humans, so don’t forget that they have hidden abilities when you visit.
We will have insta-love and I can live with that in the supernatural world. As soon as Shane sets eyes on her, gets a sniff, he knows Annabelle is his Soul-Mate. Not so with her.
The erotic, jump in the sack, first part of the book bored me. I never had a chance to connect to the characters before hand…I rarely do this, but I started skimming the pages, wanting to get to the heart of the story. And I found it.
Annabelle is a hunter. I guess you could say her and Shane, a werewolf sheriff, have some things in common. They are both out to get the bad guy.
We read from two perspectives, his and hers. I like seeing the story that way and Anna Santos did a great job with it.
It was hilarious, picturing Shane, spying on Annabelle from a tree, nekkid. LOL
I am really interested in Annabelle and Jessica’s friendship. I think there is more to the story than first meets the eye.  Annabelle is the serious one and Jessica is happy-go-lucky, love ’em and leave ’em. I really want to know more about Jessica…
The slow ‘burning’ start soon gave way to some action, and once it got going, I couldn’t stop. I feel asleep with the Kindle on my lap with just 17% to go. That is the first time that has happened to me in so long I can’t remember. So…stick with it.
If I did half stars, it would get 3 1/2, so I am having a difficult time rating this. So…check it out for yourself, if you like hot and sexy, erotic, paranormal reads.
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of Soul Mate by Anna Santos

See more here.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/giveaway-review-soul-mate-by-anna-santos-annesaint90-sdsxxtours
review 2017-07-10 16:59
Christmas In July – Trimmed With Murder by Sally Goldenbaum @sallygoldenbaum
Trimmed with Murder: A Seaside Knitters Mystery - Sally Goldenbaum

Welcome to Christmas in July.

Today I will be sharing Trimmed With Murder, Seaside Knitters Mystery #10, by Sally Goldenbaum.

Trimmed With Murder (Seaside Knitters Mystery, #10)

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Seaside Harbor is home of the fighting Cool Cods.

Just knowing that makes makes me think Trimmed With Murder will be a fun cozy mystery to curl up with on a cold winter’s night…or on the sunny beach and celebrate Christmas in July.

It all starts when Charlie picks Izzy up on the side of the road. Neither one of them wanted to be here, because we all know, in a small town there are no secrets.

Most of the characters are warm and giving…once you get to know them, but there are some with secrets to hide and will cross the line to keep them buried.

I feel bad for Charlie and wonder about the missing years in his life. Where has he been and why is he so different from the person they knew before?

And the murderer…

I know who I feel it could be, but there is also a deeper mystery to be solved…

The Knitting Club knows everyone and everything happening in town, so they figure they should be the ones to find the answers and put the town’s fears to rest, so they began to “walk the road.”  I love when a group of small town ladies get it in their heads to investigate a murder.  Some times it can be fun, other times…

I love stories located by the seaside. They lend an extra element to the story that makes me want to walk along the shore with this “tight knit” group of friends who care about their town and the people in it.

Trimmed With Murder by Sally Goldenbaum shows us that you can go home again.

Sally Goldenbaum has also included knitting instructions for a sailboat ornament and a recipe for pork tenderloin in Trimmed With Murder

Read more here.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/christmas-in-july-trimmed-with-murder-by-sally-goldenbaum-sallygoldenbaum
review 2017-06-27 18:32
Giveaway & Review – Seeds of Eden by A P Watson @apwatsonauthor @XpressoReads
Seeds of Eden - Richard A. Watson

Seeds of Eden by A P Watts has an awesome cover, which made the book jump out at me. I have seen other covers by this designer and she does a fabulous job.

Cover by Regina Wamba with MaeIDesign and Photography

Seeds of Eden
A.P. Watson
(The Concilium, #1)
Publication date: January 25th 2017
Genres: New Adult, Paranormal, Romance

MY REVIEW

I will admit I love YA stories, even though sometimes they can fall a little flat in the excitement department. Seeds of Eden by A P Watson is one of those stories, but the opening pages did grab me and make me want to know Evey’s story. I wanted to know what’s going on, what will happen next.

I love storylines like Seeds of Eden. Time travel? Reincarnation?

Evey’s light in the darkness. More than a symbol of love and hope.

Evey is a regular teenage girl in her senior year, with all the normal hopes and desires. She loves history and I wonder…

I love her best friend, Caroline, especially when she says things like…

“It’s like I always say, we’re best friends because we hate all the same people.”

Seeds of Eden is a romance, a love story that is eternal…Infinite.

It is YA all the way. I would have liked more depth…Her feelings for her situation, realizing who she really is and the fact that someone would die to protect her were glossed over. I wanted more details.

I liked the story, but it is repetitious and drags sometimes. I kept waiting for something to happen, instead of just hem hawing her way through the relationship with Conrad. Yes, no, yes, no…

Seeds of Eden does not stand alone and I do want to read the rest of their story. I want to see how everything pans out for them in this trilogy and for that reason I do recommend the series.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 3 Stars

Read more and enter the giveaway here.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/giveaway-review-seeds-of-eden-by-a-p-watson-apwatsonauthor-xpressoreads