logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 3-star-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-06-27 18:32
Giveaway & Review – Seeds of Eden by A P Watson @apwatsonauthor @XpressoReads
Seeds of Eden - Richard A. Watson

Seeds of Eden by A P Watts has an awesome cover, which made the book jump out at me. I have seen other covers by this designer and she does a fabulous job.

Cover by Regina Wamba with MaeIDesign and Photography

Seeds of Eden
A.P. Watson
(The Concilium, #1)
Publication date: January 25th 2017
Genres: New Adult, Paranormal, Romance

MY REVIEW

I will admit I love YA stories, even though sometimes they can fall a little flat in the excitement department. Seeds of Eden by A P Watson is one of those stories, but the opening pages did grab me and make me want to know Evey’s story. I wanted to know what’s going on, what will happen next.

I love storylines like Seeds of Eden. Time travel? Reincarnation?

Evey’s light in the darkness. More than a symbol of love and hope.

Evey is a regular teenage girl in her senior year, with all the normal hopes and desires. She loves history and I wonder…

I love her best friend, Caroline, especially when she says things like…

“It’s like I always say, we’re best friends because we hate all the same people.”

Seeds of Eden is a romance, a love story that is eternal…Infinite.

It is YA all the way. I would have liked more depth…Her feelings for her situation, realizing who she really is and the fact that someone would die to protect her were glossed over. I wanted more details.

I liked the story, but it is repetitious and drags sometimes. I kept waiting for something to happen, instead of just hem hawing her way through the relationship with Conrad. Yes, no, yes, no…

Seeds of Eden does not stand alone and I do want to read the rest of their story. I want to see how everything pans out for them in this trilogy and for that reason I do recommend the series.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 3 Stars

Read more and enter the giveaway here.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/giveaway-review-seeds-of-eden-by-a-p-watson-apwatsonauthor-xpressoreads
review 2017-04-24 12:34
Reads well but lacks depth
The Snow Owl - Jon Hartling,Heather Hartling

The Snow Owl is a fantasy/paranormal story that rambles and twists in its writing about a young family who experience a rather interesting event.

I wish there'd been more time to explore the events leading up to the climax, I feel there would have been a greater emotional attachment to the characters. As it stands, this reads well but lacks depth.

review 2017-04-24 12:24
Blood, mud, cops and asthma puffers
Hole - Tony Talbot

This is a short mysterious tale of a man who joins us digging a hole in his backyard. The story takes us through the mystery of why he's digging it and where his wife and housekeeper are.

Blood, mud, cops and asthma puffers; this is not my favourite of Tony's but it's an enjoyable short story.

review 2017-04-24 12:18
I wish it was longer...
What Dragons Prefer - Dayle A. Dermatis

A very short fantasy story about a dragon seeker who is asked to help out a town.

Not for the kiddies, this one includes some adult themes, sexual advances and such as well as innuendo.

I quite liked the ending, I wish it was longer so we could get to explore the world and characters more.

review 2017-04-24 12:07
A good short story, not his best, not his worst.
The Chocolate Defence - Tony Talbot

If you're curious about Tony's writing and want to read a short story this one is a good one to try if the genre takes your fancy.