logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 3-star-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-11 00:39
Giveaway & Review – Halloween is Murder by Carolyn Arnold @Carolyn_Arnold @dollycas
Halloween Is Murder (McKinley Mysteries) - Carolyn Arnold

Halloween is Murder (McKinley Mysteries)
by Carolyn Arnold

Halloween is Murder (McKinley Mysteries)
Cozy Mystery
11th in the Series
Hibbert & Stiles Publishing Inc (October 3, 2017)
Paperback
ISBN-13: 978-1988353616
E-Book ASIN: B073WJD6LY

MY REVIEW

I am always eager to get my hands on another Carolyn Arnold story, so let’s get started with Halloween Is Murder.

Sean and Sara used to be police officers, but now they are Private Investigators and their firm is called Pay It Forward Investigations. It hints at their personalities.They have plenty of money, so they indulge themselves. They are not pretentious, but they do like to spend money. She loves fashion and he loves his Mercedes.

They are sponsoring a haunted house for charity, and Chloe Parsons is there to do a fluff piece. The joke is on her, she’s the victim.

Sara had a knack for getting people to help her out and when she felt the police weren’t doing enough to find Chloe’s killer, she made it her mission. Sean can never say no to her, though he does try. Good luck with that Sean.

I debated on the rating. Most cozies I read are threes and I feel Halloween Is Murder is right there with them. It is a fun easy read and I was pretty sure who it was early on. Carolyn did add numerous suspects and motives, and her misdirection gave me a doubt or two making me wonder if I was wrong.

I do love Carolyn Arnold’s characters and who wouldn’t want a sweetheart like Sean. I had no OMG moments, but the pacing kept the story moving and the easy reading makes this an enjoyable read that I would recommend to all cozy lovers out there.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Halloween is Murder by Carolyn Arnold.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  3 Stars

READ MORE AND ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/giveaway-review-halloween-is-murder-by-carolyn-arnold-carolyn_arnold-dollycas
review 2017-10-09 15:40
What are Reaper Rewards? Limbo by Marko Pandza @markopandza
Limbo. - Marko Pandza

Welcome to Limbo.

Do you think you qualify for Reaper Rewards?

Enter…if you dare…and find out.

Limbo.

Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA  /  Goodreads

MY ONE SENTENCE REVIEW

Limbo by Marko Pandza is a unique and original take on Limbo and the Grim Reaper which had me working hard to visualize the setting, yet laughing at the grisly Reaper rewards, and what happens when someone escapes, when no one reigns in Limbo and it is allowed to ravage humans and Earth, totally out of control, leaving me queasy and asking the question What If.

GOODREADS BLURB

This is a story of a man who accidentally becomes Grim the Reaper, the most highly revered killer in Limbo. A place beyond time and space as we know it where psychopaths compete for perverse honour and status as they carry out their deathly duties.

As Grim struggles to hold onto the memories of the life he’s lost, he discovers that the insane being who shaped him (and the course of existence itself) may have sinister plans for the one thing he values most.

In Limbo, the end is only the beginning.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/what-are-reaper-rewards-limbo-by-marko-pandza-markopandza
review 2017-10-09 15:12
Monday Mini – Watch The Shadows by Robin Winter @winterobin13
Watch The Shadows - Robin Winter

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

I won this beautiful first edition paperback from Robin Winter and Christy Mauer. Thanks so much for the wonderful giveaway.

Watch the Shadows

Amazon  US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Nicole is not your typical teenage girl. She is more interested in science than boys, and she has some very unique parents. They are both professors. She mom sounds like a hippie and her dad is working for NASA…strange bedfellows. Meg, their neighbor helped out with the homeless population. Brian, the postman knows them all.

The mystery surrounding the people of Isla Vista, California, kept me reading. I couldn’t help but wonder what the heck is going on. I felt the characters seemed almost real.

It’s funny…I was watching a Halloween NCIS episode on TV, when I read this Halloween story. If you’re a fan of B movies, you are going to want to read Watch The Shadows by Robin Winter. You may be looking out of the corner of your eye, or over your shoulder, wincing at the whispering sound of IT.

The great writing made even the homeless lovable and real, the peripheral characters becoming just as important as the main ones. It didn’t knock my socks off, but I do think it’s worth the read…And, who knows, you may like it more than I.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  3 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/monday-mini-watch-the-shadows-by-robin-winter-winterobin13
review 2017-09-29 18:45
Anyone Need A Pool Boy – The Pool Boy’s Beatitude by D J Swykert @djswykert
The Pool Boy's Beatitude - D.J. Swykert

The pretty cover for The Pool Boy’s Beatitude by D J Swykert makes me want to dive right in. Great job on it, Mandie van der Merwe.

The Pool Boy's Beatitude

Goodreads Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA

MY REVIEW

I originally told D J Swykert I would review one of his other books, but he had this one hanging around and sent it instead. I am always game to try something different, so here we go.

Jack is a pretty poor excuse for a husband and a human being. He is an alcoholic, striving to reach the bottom…of the bottle. Breaking the promises he makes before he even gets them out of his mouth, he figures one little slip, one little drink, what does it matter if he jumps into bed with a client.

A man whore, but the women are just as bad, cheating on their husbands.

One thing we can say in his favor, he can cook up a great meal and loves doing it.

I just kept thinking, he’s a selfish dickwad bragging about how all the women love him, wanna fuck him and take care of him, whether he’s stumbling drunk, passing out and getting the shakes so bad he can’t even drink a cup of coffee.

Is it possible to redeem himself before I reach the end of the story?

He meets Sarah. He experiences love for the first time. Can she be his saving grace?

Once the Piper catches up to him and he is sent to jail, I become more interested.

If you have never known anyone with an addiction, this will give you insight into their behavior. How they will say and do anything to get what they want, what they need.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Pool Boy’s Beatitude by D J Swykert.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/anyone-need-a-pool-boy-the-pool-boys-beatitude-by-d-j-swykert-djswykert
review 2017-09-26 19:38
Six Year Old Killer Triplets – Murderous Little Darlings by John Hennessy @ _JohnHennessy
Murderous Little Darlings (A Tale of Vampires Book 1) - John L. Hennessy

After reading this Murderous Little Darlings novella by John Hennessy, I ‘thirst’ for the full length story. All this did was whet my appetite for more.

Murderous Little Darlings by John Hennessy was FREE at the time of scheduling, but be sure and look for the “0”.

Goodreads  /  Amazon US  /  Amazon UK Amazon CA

MY ONE SENTENCE REVIEW

OMG, Rocco sucks the blood, then sucks his thumb, and my sick little mind smiles at the picture in my head, as I read about these six year old triplets who go on a murderous rampage, and Marcus knows no one will suspect them, because they are only six years old when the first murder happens…BUT, to really make this a great story, I think John Hennessy needs to make it a full length novel, thus filling in the details and plot holes that left me wanting….MORE.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/six-year-old-killer-triplets-murderous-little-darlings-by-john-hennessy-_johnhennessy