logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 4-plus-star-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-02-14 17:18
Don’t Drink The Kool Aid – Scapegoat by Adam Howe @Adam_G_Howe
Scapegoat - Adam Howe,James R. Newman

Woo Hoo! More quirky and outrageous horror courtesy of Adam Howe.

Enter…If you dare.

Scapegoat

Amazon / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Okay….Here we go on another wildassed adventure.

A house on wheels, three mangy rednecks and a Wrestlemania road trip. I feel nothing can go wrong. ‘as I chuckle under my breath’

Some men never grow up, and Mike’s friends, Lonnie and Pork Chop are a perfect example.

They decide to take a shortcut and I know nothing good can come of that, but I sure am eager to find out what kind of trouble they find. They, literally, run into the “goat”, causing a crazy band of vicious, coldblooded cultists to chase them down.

Have no fear. Adam has a way of taking his flawed and twisted characters and turning them into lovable friends that come through at the end, but at what cost. He kills his characters off with no shame, probably laughing with glee as Another One Bites the Dust.

This action packed, fire and brimstone apocalyptic tale leaves me wondering…does anyone survive when the line between good and evil is blurred? Be careful…if you let pride…think you know it all….Arrogance is not an asset.

One minute I felt the truth of it all and the next I felt I was in hell with Sam and Dean Winchester.

Adam Howe shattered my expectations, leaving me loving and hating Mike and his band of misfits…and looking forward to their next twisted adventure.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Scapegoat by Adam Howe.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

MY ADAM HOWE REVIEWS

review 2019-02-12 21:24
One Sentence Review – Sweet Dreams by Aaron Patterson @Mstersmith
Sweet Dreams - Aaron Patterson

I shared Sweet Dreams for Teaser Tuesday and now I need a book for Saturday’s One Sentence Review. Seeing I loved Sweet Dreams by Aaron Patterson, it seems a perfect fit, I also must confess, the cover reached out…………

Cover by Andrew Garcia

Sweet Dreams

Amazon / Audio / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

I wasn’t sure I was going to write a review about Sweet Dreams by Aaron Patterson until after I finished reading it, saw some of the mixed reviews and thought I needed to add my two cents by saying, “Hey man, it’s a fictional novel with lots of thrill, chills and surprises by some fiendish villains and loveable heroes that will keep you reading, and reading, and wanting more.”

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/one-sentence-review-sweet-dreams-by-aaron-patterson-mstersmith
review 2019-02-06 19:26
I Wanted To Love Watcher In The Woods By Kelley Armstrong @KelleyArmstrong
Watcher In The Woods - Kelley Armstrong

Don’t ya just hate when you read a book by an author you love and don’t love it? such was the case with Watcher in the Woods by Kelley Armstrong.

My thanks go out to NetGalley and St Martins Press for a review copy.

Watcher in the Woods (Rockton, #4)

Amazon / Audio / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

She hadn’t seen her sister, Casey, in three years, but now she needs her help. She had always been subservient, seeking her sister’s approval. She didn’t have boyfriends because she killed her last one. And now…Rockton, here she comes.

Casey lives with Eric Dalton, the Rockton sheriff and is a homicide detective herself. If you have to run for help, this is a good duo to have on your list.

The Yukon is a wilderness and a great place to hide out.

There is something a little bit off about Rockton. I am ambivalent about their voting practices, among other things. The town has a dystopian feel to it, it’s secretiveness and it’s isolation, running on it’s own set of rules.

The characters, good and bad, all have their part to play, showing their reasons for being there. Definitely not the guy/girl next door. Everyone knows everyone so who is that guy, the U S Marshal who thinks he can waltz into town and take one of their residents?

Kelley Armstrong is an author very familiar to me. I see her name, I pick up her book. So simple. I’ve read numerous books by her, but this is the first one I have reviewed. And it’s a hard one.

There is a mystery…yes. It’s obvious there will be more books. Did I miss something by reading out of order? The story does seem to be complete. All that being said, Watcher in the Woods fell a little flat for me.

I love Kelly Armstrong’s writing and I did enjoy reading Watcher in the Woods, so I will definitely grab her next book.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Watcher in the Woods by Kelley Armstrong.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos3 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/i-wanted-to-love-watcher-in-the-woods-by-kelley-armstrong-kelleyarmstrong
review 2019-01-25 16:53
Tag Team Giveaway & Review for Scraps of Paper by Kathryn Meyer Griffith @KathrynG64
Scraps of Paper - Kathryn Meyer Griffith
taguritfinal2

Welcome to my Tag Team & Review.

This is where myself (Sherry at fundinmental) and Laura at fuonlyknew tag team authors and their books.

We share our reviews and giveaways, giving you two views and two chances to win!

Today we are happy to share Scraps of Paper by one of our favorite authors, Kathryn Meyer Griffith. There are 5 books in the series and our her best sellers.

The fantastic cover is done by Dawne Dominique

The ebook for Scraps of Paper is free on many websites. It is also available in Audio on Amazon and you can find it on Goodreads here.

MY REVIEW

I love the cover for Scraps of Paper by Kathryn Meyer Griffith…and that tagline…how could I possibly resist? I feel a sense of foreboding. The book is free everywhere, so feel free to grab a copy.

After two stagnant years of her life, Abigail has found out that her husband, Joel, had been murdered. Misery put her on the road in search of a new life.

She was determined to become a new person.

To find time to live and love.

Spookie Town called to her.

The past and the present merge and the mystery grows.

I love the direction she goes to solve the mystery of Emily and her kids disappearances. She moves into the an empty house and begins to find Scraps of Paper. To find the answers to the mystery makes me think of a scavenger hunt.

Kathryn Meyer Griffith has a way with words and once I begin one of her books, it is hard to put it down. So true with Scraps of Paper. I felt Abigail’s pain and her need to find a way to go on after her husband’s death. When she moves into the empty house, the former tenants mystery becomes hers. She feels a need to find out happened to them because we all need answers…don’t we?

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Scraps of Paper by Kathryn Meyer Griffith.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos4 Stars

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE

MY KATHRYN MEYER GRIFFITH REVIEWS

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/tag-team-giveaway-review-for-scraps-of-paper-by-kathryn-meyer-griffith
review 2019-01-23 18:22
One Sentence Review – Wings of Mayhem by Sue Coletta @SueColetta1
Wings of Mayhem (The Mayhem Series Book 1) - Sue Coletta

I have read several books by Sue Coletta and she gave me Wings of Mayhem just because. I love serial killers…well, books about serial killers….and Sue kept me enthralled in the first book of The Mayhem Series.

Let’s take a look, shall we?

Starting out with a fabulous cover by Elle Rossi of EJD Designs, is always a good sign.

Publisher: Tirgearr Publishing

Wings of Mayhem (The Mayhem Series Book 1)

Amazon / Goodreads

MY ONE SENTENCE REVIEW

A cat burglar, a cop, and a serial killer meet up in this brutal tale of love, loss and revenge that held me spellbound until the end.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

Shawnee Daniels — cybercrimes specialist by day, cat burglar by night — ignites the hellfire fury of a serial killer when she unknowingly steals his trophy box.

A SERIAL KILLER STALKS THE STREETS…

Cat burglar Shawnee Daniels always believed her “fearlessness rules” mantra would keep her on top and out of jail. When she hacks a confiscated hard drive at the Revere P.D., she focuses on a white-collar criminal accused of embezzlement. To teach him a lesson and recoup the funds she breaks into his massive contemporary in Bear Clave Estates. Jack has even more secrets, deadly secrets, secrets worth killing over.

A CAT BURGLAR PICKS THE WRONG HOUSE TO ROB…

Shawnee thinks she made it out clean until a deadly package arrives at her door soon after. He’s found her. As a glowing eagle taunts her Skype screen, Jack tells her she stole his precious trophy box — and he wants it back!

THEIR LIVES COLLIDE…

When her “helpful” best friend convinces her to date charismatic Detective Levaughn Samuels, her two worlds threaten to implode. Ordinarily Shawnee keeps a firm line between her professions, but dating Levaughn might help her get this psycho off her tail.

AND NOW, NO ONE IS SAFE…

In this lightning-fast-paced psychological thriller of secrets and lies, Shawnee juggles being stalked by a serial killer, dating the lead detective on the case, and tap dancing around her librarian best friend.

If she doesn’t find the trophy box, the killer’s coming for her. If she doesn’t expose her secrets and lies, more will die. And if she does, she could lose her freedom and everyone she holds dear.

If you’re a fan of Lisa Jackson, Rachel Abbott, Karin Slaughter thrillers, crime fiction with an edge, or psychological thrillers, mystery, and suspense, then Wings of Mayhem is for you.

Praise for Sue Coletta’s novels…

“The heart-stopping descriptions are so jarringly real that there are several scenes I will never forget.” ~ Eliza Cross, Award Winning Author

“Sue Coletta isn’t going to spare you the gory details or an honest look behind the crime scene tape. She’s a well versed author in all things crime who indelicately dumps you into the middle of a life which has been disrupted, disturbed, and marred by the evil acts of a solitary man.” ~ Beaux Cooper, Author and Amazon Reviewer

“Sue Coletta’s writing style is bold. It’s riveting.”

MY REVIEWS FOR SUE COLETTA

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/one-sentence-review-wings-of-mayhem-by-sue-coletta-suecoletta1