For those on Goodreads, you probably now what it is. For those who are not, it's basically a recap of the books you read during the year as well as some stats. You can see mine on my Goodreads profile.
I read a total of 90 books!
I started 18 new series.
I completed 8 series (some of them I also started in 2016).
I also have many series in progress that I hope to finish in 2017.
I only read 21 stand alone (I definitely should read more stand alone and stop starting series. But I love series so much).
Most read author: Cassandra Clare (7 books)
Favourite new author: Sabaa Tahir (An Ember in the Ashes)
Favourite new series: Phobos by Victor Dixen
I also posted my Top 10 of 2016 if you're interested in that. Do not hesitate to add me on Goodreads, I keep track on my reading challenge more accurately thant here.
Reading challenge: I want to read at least 60 books. It's not that much, but I feel like I should put less pressure on reading to enjoy it even more!
Read at least 4 classics this year: there are so many great classics that I know I would enjoy and that I feel like I need to read. I have a lot on my Kindle but I also have physical copies. I really want to do that this year.
- Post more reviews: I would love to be able to write a review for each book I read (or each series). I completely failed at that last year and it's such a shame. I really hope I will be able to do that.
- Read books that have been sitting on my shelves (/Kindle) for ages: and that I should really read.
- Finish some series: these are series that are already completed and that I should finish this year before starting new ones (already too late but hey...)
- Start some series: these are series I've been wanting to read for ages!
This is not too ambitious so I really hope I can get to these books in 2017 and I hope I'll enjoy all of them!
- I want to watch more movies: there are millions great movies out there and I have not seen a lot of them. People always look at me like "YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS?!" (well, I could say the same to them about great books they haven't read...). I will make a list of movies I want to watch in 2017! They are alsogreat new releases and I should go to the movie more often (still have not seen Rogue One).
- Play video games: Well, I've always liked videogames. I used to play the NES for hours at my grandparent's house and we got a PlayStation when I was around 10, it was the beginning of a long love story ! Now, I just moved in with my boyfriend and we got an amazing room dedicated to playing (full of posters and figurins, I really should show you picutres someday). I got Tomb Raider for Christmas and I'm currently playing Pokemon Moon. Last year I pressured myself too much with reading and I did not take the time to play.. This will change this year !
I will soon post my Christmas haul as I got many things. I know it's late, but my sister is a stewardess and she was in Santo Domingo for Christmas, so we are celebrating it tonight with my family, and it means presents again :D.
What are your (reading/non-reading) 2017 goals?
Thanks for reading,