No one likes to clean the oven, which makes the chore one of the most overlooked cleaning tasks homeowners tend to postpone for months. Chances are, you are unwilling to spend hours cleaning the oven, but did you know you could deal with the job in just five minutes? Believe it or not, oven cleaning doesn’t have to steal lots of your free time. Just stick to this step-by-step guide to clean the oven in a flash:
- Prepare the oven – no matter how quickly you want to finish oven cleaning, never forget to make the appliance ready for the job. In fact, you need just a few seconds to check if the oven has been turned off from the electricity. After that, you need to make sure it is completely cool. That’s all – the oven is ready for cleaning.
- Mix a cleaning solution – speed cleaning the oven doesn’t have to involve dangerous chemical-based cleaners. Quite the opposite, you can speed clean the machine using only two eco-friendly ingredients you already have at home – baking soda and water. Take a handy glass bowl and mix half a cup of baking soda with a little water to prepare a natural DIY oven cleaning solution. Keep in mind that you need to make enough scrubbing paste to perfectly cover the oven's interior. So in case you are dealing with an extremely grimy oven, you might want to double the amounts of both ingredients to make enough baking soda paste. With your oven cleaning remedy prepared, open the oven door and apply the paste. Steer clear of the heating elements to prevent oven damage. Once the interior has been covered with the solution, let the mixture sit overnight.
- Clean the racks – while waiting for your eco-friendly cleaning paste to work its magic in the oven, you should address the oven’s racks. Just like the interior of the machine, the racks can get grimy, that’s why you should make them part of your oven cleaning routine. Banishing stains from the racks is an easy job that takes no time. Simply fill the sink or the bathtub with hot water mixed with some white distilled vinegar and allow the racks to soak, so that buildup grime can loosen up. If you are faced with stubborn grease, scrub the racks with a stiff brush and rinse them thoroughly. Then let them dry on a clean soft towel.
- Remove the cleaning paste – as the required time has passed, you should come back to the oven and wipe baking soda residue with a damp cloth. As one of the most powerful eco-friendly cleaning ingredients, baking soda should have loosened up burnt-on grease, allowing you to clean the oven by just wiping the interior. However, if you encounter stubborn messes you can’t wipe with a cloth, use a plastic spatula to easily scrub them off.
- Upgrade with white vinegar – another eco-friendly cleaning agent to include in your oven cleaning approach is white distilled vinegar. When it comes to eliminating germs and bacteria from the oven, it is white vinegar that you should choose. Pour it into a spraying bottle and spritz the oven's interior while the baking soda is still there. If you notice foam in the oven, don’t worry – this is a normal reaction of baking soda and white vinegar mixing. Take a damp cloth and wipe the oven clean, paying attention to nooks and crannies. You might also spray the surface one more time with white vinegar to make sure the interior is squeaky clean. Wipe with a cloth again and you are done cleaning the oven.
It takes only a few simple steps to effortlessly clean the oven. Plus, the approach is eco-friendly and safe for your health.