logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: To-be-reviewed
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-07-16 20:40
Tiny Infinities by J.H. Diehl
Tiny Infinities - J.H. Diehl Tiny Infinities - J.H. Diehl

Tiny Infinities by J.H. Diehl is a promising book about Alice, her troubled mother and her meeting an unusual new friend, Harriet. It's a middle-grade novel with unique observations about family relationships, friendship and Alice's determination to prove herself in all ways.

It's written for ages eight to twelve. I gave it five stars because it kept my full attention, start to finish.

"What I love most about backstroke is, it proves a person doesn't need to be looking straight ahead to know exactly where she's going."

The police left after Piper's parents claimed her from Alice's house. Her father was disgruntled. "He shut our front door, looking irritated and tired, as if he'd just put up with watching ten awful TV ads in a row, and now we were back to a show he didn't like anyway."

Alice met Harriet and was discussing how her parents met and she got her name from the dog. "But talking about Alice was like walking back over to that corner in my head and finding the box jammed full of mad, sad, and panic."

Alice's father is leaving. She is frustrated and upset. "Again the words came out madder than I expected, as if my voice had picked a mood without consulting me."

I received a complimentary Advanced Reader's Copy from Chronicle Books and NetGalley. That did not change my opinion for this review.

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Infinities-J-H-Diehl/dp/1452163359

review 2018-07-15 06:44
Linear Shift, Part 2 by Paul B. Kohler
Linear Shift, Part 2 - Paul B. Kohler

Linear Shift, Part 2 by Paul B. Kohler is a time travel story. I gave it four stars. It continues where Linear Shift, Part 1 stopped.

"Michael could feel the goose bumps dance across his skin like spiders attending a masquerade ball. He longed to hear those words. He needed to hear more."

It's about Peter Cooper and time travel. Things aren't always what they seem.

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHWCXAO

review 2018-07-15 06:25
Left Alive #2: A Zombie Action and Adventure Novel by Jeremy Laszlo (Only Book #2)
LEFT ALIVE (Zombie series Box Set): Books 1-6 of the Post-apocalyptic zombie action and adventure series - Jeremy Laszlo,Carlos Cara

Left Alive #2: A Zombie Action and Adventure Novel by Jeremy Laszlo starts where Left Alive #1 stopped. It is a post-apocalyptic, dystopian novel which is peopled with zombies of a different nature. I gave it five stars.

"Everyone had been tainted with the fertilizer that unleashed an agricultural plague to end all plagues across the planet. I had watched on the news as they showed us the devastation. They showed us the quarantines and the evacuations. There were the food strikes, the hunger and fear that drove average citizens into hostile frenzies...War erupted on a nearly global scale."

Charlie meets Lindsay who had saved his life before. She saved him again. He woke to missing his arm that had been caught in a bear trap by a Hunter.

I look forward to reading the next book in the series, Left Alive #3.

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Left-Alive-Zombie-Action-Adventure-ebook/dp/B00M9E9CKY

review 2018-07-15 00:57
Hero Rising (Secret Guardians Book 1) - H.T. Night

Hero Rising, The Four Book Secret Guardians Boxed Set, Secret Guardians Book #1 by H.T. Night is a grand adventure. I gave it four stars.

The Tandra world are humans. Josiah goes on a crusade to help them escape the evil that surrounds them. He becomes a protector and superhero. He is also a vampire and a werewolf but is not immortal.

He heads for New York along with Tommy, the werewolf. Tommy was engaged to his sister before the accident killed her and her parents. After that, they bonded and were like brothers. Tommy now is a coach for MMA fighters.

Josiah flew in his eagle form to San Bernardino where he came across a building on fire with people trapped. "But fire. Yeah, I was cautious about my own hide like that. But there was no way I could turn my back on the....If I didn't help, if I walked away from people who could have been saved; it would haunt me for the rest of my days."

I bought it and read it in one sitting. I look forward to reading Hero Unbound (Secret Guardians Book 2).

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Hero-Rising-Secret-Guardians-Book-ebook/dp/B00RC5GLAO

review 2018-07-12 21:19
A Wish Come True by Kolet Janssen
A Wish Come True - Kolet Janssen,Emy Gey... A Wish Come True - Kolet Janssen,Emy Geyskens,Emilie Timmermans

A Wish Come True by Kolet Janssen and Emy Geyskens is an educational book for children ages four and up. Emilie Timmermans is the illustrator.

Mark has a serious illness and has to spend a lot of time in the hospital. The fairies agree that since he's brave he deserves a reward. I gave it four stars.

I received a complimentary Kindle copy from Clavis Books and NetGalley. That did not change my opinion for this review.

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Wish-Come-True-Kolet-Janssen/dp/1605373354