logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review-crew
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-01-22 14:01
ARC REVIEW 1001 Dark Nights: Ashes to Ink by Carrie Ann Ryan

Ashes to Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #2.5)Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs #2.5, From the last book I kind of knew Ryan and Abby were meant for each other. This is a quick read novella but Carrie Ann Ryan still manages to pack all her emotional angsty stuff and her hotter than hell romance into such a little package. Abby whose past is an open book among their group of friends and  Ryan a new friend but already part of the family whose past isn't as easy to read.

Friends first Ryan and Abby start to show signs of a mutual attraction after Ryan rescues Abby and her daughter from a snowbank. Abby conflicted because her first love, Max, she lost before they could even get married. Ryan is pretty sure Abby is the woman for him but his past is standing in the way, especially when his past shows back up and threatens to ruin everything good Ryan has done for himself.

Overall, I loved this it was short and hot. Ryan and Abby burn up the sheets, their chemistry is outstanding. I especially liked the shy awkwardness between them when Ryan first asks her out it was sweet. Of course you have all the emotion that pours out of them confessing things they never told anyone else it grabs you and twist you up, yep Carrie Ann Ryan excels at that.

review 2019-01-11 14:25
ARC REVIEW Summer of Love by Sidney Bristol
The Love Barn #2, I'm loving the Lively's. The only weddings Benjamin Lively is worried about are the ones that take place at his families wedding venue The Love Barn. Benji is enjoying life and has no plans to settle down himself anytime soon that is until he sees Dixie again. Dixie Applewhite is finally free from her husband after a grueling two year long divorce she plans to make up for lost time and she decides a summer fling with her secret high school crush Benji is just the thing she needs.

Benji has had a crush on Dixie since high school but he respected that she was in a relationship with someone else. Dixie was with Jace since she was 13 and she always thought him her Prince Charming until he wasn't any more. Dixie realized he was controlling and she had changed so much about herself to please him and his mother; it wasn't worth it anymore she wanted to be back in charge of her life. Being single for the first time in forever Dixie wasn't ready for a full fledged relationship so Benji and her started with just friendship until the sexual tension couldn't be ignored. Benji's problem was that he was already half in love with Dixie and the longer they are together the more the fling becomes something real.

Overall, this was a good read. It's written in third person mainly from over the shoulder of Benji and Dixie.I love Sidney Bristol's writing she really brings her characters to life and you empathize with them so much. That little Texas town of Ransom has become so real for me. Elizabeth better get her own HEA, I don't care what series it's in she just needs one! I liked the progression of the relationship and how stubborn Dixie was. I loved the side story with Garth, Benji's older brother, that really showed how much a person, ie. Benji, can mature when they need to. The little tease about Garth and the next book at the end was nice, I was hoping that was going to happen so I can't wait for that book.

review 2018-11-19 15:53
ARC REVIEW Cocksure by Shiloh Walker

Cocksure (Cochrans of Cocker County, #1)

The Cochrans of Cocker County #1, It feels so nice to get a Shiloh Walker book in my hands again. Shiloh has created a fantastic family series this along with being a wonderful romance it was a great introduction to the family, I can't wait for the other books. The emotions in this book run deep, I was in tears at a couple of parts. Luke and Sabrina are hot together. It's a friends to lovers romance with an alternating first person POV. The characters have great depth and you really empathize with them, you root for them and when Luke does something stupid you want to hit him upside the head Gibbs style.

Sabrina works as Luke's personal assistant and has been in love with him for years and she' come to accept that they could never be a thing she's happy just being in his life as is until his mom gets sick. Luke is a nice guy, despite being a playboy and very aware of his good looks and a bit self centered, okay a lot self centered but when someone he loves needs help he will go the distance to help them. Sabrina sees more than just movie star Luke she sees him for who he really is and that's who she fell in love with.

When Luke's mom starts having heart problems Sabrina works miracles to rearrange his schedule so he can go to her. In Luke's hast to reassure his mom that he is happy he blurts out that Sabrina and him are engaged which inadvertently gets leaked to the press and now Sabrina is forced into Luke's spotlight. As much as she doesn't want it and hates lying to his family she loves him and agrees to do it. Luke in all this pretending finally realizes he's not pretending he really does love Sabrina. But something from Luke's past comes up, something he's been hiding from for years and he lashes out and hurts Sabrina in the worst way possible. But once Luke gets his past sorted out he's determined to set things right with Sabrina.

Overall, I am already in love with this family and it's a good size family, so I really am looking forward to many more books and the other siblings falling. I love Shiloh's writing style, hot romance, witty banter, and emotionally damaged characters you can see grow and become better. It's a great story on so many levels.

review 2018-11-16 14:24
ARC REVIEW Lord Carlton's Courtship by Alexandra Ivy

Lord Carlton's Courtship

Originally published in 2000 under the name Debbie Raleigh, Alexandra Ivy has re-released this with a beautiful new cover. I enjoyed this one, it's not one of my favorites I think I prefer her PNR but it was a good read. The story was well written and I liked the way it played out. I liked the characters too, even though Roma did get annoyingly stubborn at one point.

All it took was one meeting with Roma Allendyle for Lord Giles Carlton to be completely besotted and one conversation to fall head over heels. But Roma isn't looking for a husband she looking for her missing brother and only after Carlton points out that as a woman she will get no information of anyone in the Home Office does she finally give in and let Carlton help her; that by no way means she going to stop looking herself. It bugs Roma that Carlton is helping her, she can't figure out his motive and the fact that he can find out information about her brother because he's a man really bugs her. Roma also keeps getting distracted by how handsome he is and why out of all the women in London he wishes to be with her a head strong, intelligent, country girl who hates London. She can't seem to realize Carlton's helping her is also his way or courting her too.

Overall, it's an quick (unless you are constantly distracted by your kids like I was) and easy read. I loved the characters and the action was pretty intense there at the end. It's a worthwhile read. I really loved the atypical courtship between Carlton and Roma.

review 2018-11-15 15:22
ARC REVIEW Kiss of a Duke by Erica Ridley

Kiss of a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #2)

12 Dukes of Christmas #2, Back in Cressmouth, also known as Christmas, the perpetually snow covered mountain town lives Penelope Mitchell a lady chemist, and natural philosopher. Her latest claim to fame is the perfume that took the ton by storm, Duke. She didn't do it for the money she just wanted to prove to the men of the Natural Philosophers Society that she, a woman, deserved admittance. But as soon as Beau Brummel told the Prince Regent about it every man has gone out and bought a bottle.

Not everyone was happy about it though, Nicholas Pringle the heir presumptive for his cousin Duke Silkridge, thinks the perfume is cheating; it's an unfair advantage to men who don't normally possess that kind of charm. Nick, who was dubbed St. Nick ironically because he is anything but a saint, is shocked and pleased when he finds out the creator of Duke is a woman and decides he can seduce her and get her to stop production of Duke. But Penelope is not what he expected and she seems immune to his charms but for some reason he can't stay away from her.

Penelope had already decided to create Duchess the female equivalent to Duke and give women the same chance. Now she just needs to test it and what better way to test it than on a notorious rake. But the more time Penelope spends with him the more she likes him, he is so much more than the man the world sees he has hidden talents and is a much better man than he lets on. Now she starts feeling guilty and ashamed because she thinks her perfume seduced him but she's also scared that telling him the truth will break her heart.

Overall, I really liked this one. Nick is a rake but as soon as he sets eyes on Penelope that's it for him he has eye for no one else. The people of Cressmouth are wonderfully quirky, and I can't wait for Virginia and Gloria's stories. It's not necessarily a Christmas read, it takes place after, but it could be read as one. This is a delightfully fun read and as always Erica Ridley delivers a great story with wonderful characters.