Here we go for DC!
1. Black Canary: Kicking and Screaming. I didn't buy some of this, like how no one knew Dinah was Black Canary. Even with its faults, though, it's a fun read and a little bit of a girl group/girl power read. Fun times, with Dinah as the lead singer in a girl band. Surprise Hero, Grrrl Power, and Newsworthy would all fit this series.
2. Deadshot: Bulletproof. Fascinating look at one of the Suicide Squad members in a solo jaunt. Awful things happen to children, though, so if that makes you squeamish... Family Ties, Surprise Hero, Parental Issues, Dead Parents, and Not Dead Anymore would all work for this volume.
3. Batgirl: The Batgirl of Burnside. Fun, fun take on Batgirl, despite her hipster costume that could be so much more effective if it was more armored. Complications with school life and balancing that with Batgirl become issues in Babs' life. Grrrl Power, School, City Boy, Diversity and and Family Ties are all appropriate squares here.
4. Wonder Woman: Gods and Mortals. Nuanced reboot of Wonder Woman. I couldn't stop reading this volume, and I was cheering Diana on as she adjusted to Man's World. Grrl Power, School, Newsworthy, Parental Issues, and Not Dead Anymore would all be appropriate squares for this volume. You could argue Kink with her, y'know, tying people up and forcing them to tell her the truth...
5. Justice League of America: The Tornado's Path. A focus on one of my favorite characters, the JLA's resident android. Family Ties, Not Dead Anymore, and even Kink would work here. If you're me. Human/robot relationships are my thing, although I take them more seriously than Kink.
6. Batman: Hush. An epic mindfuck of a story. I don't want to give too much away, but, yes, this? You should read it if you can get your hands on it. Glasses Confuse Everyone, City Boy or Evil Genius are the squares I'd use for this volume.
7. Batman: A Death in the Family. Epic tale of how everyone voted for Robin to die, and then they killed him off in the most brutal way possible. Teens, Insanity, City Boy and Family Ties would all work for this square. And of course, Batman is always Dead Parents.
8. Suicide Squad: Trial By Fire. Villains do good to get less prison time, and so they don't get parts blown off. it's pretty epic watching them get corralled into this and having to try to figure out how to work together. Surprise Hero, Insanity, and Romance Gone Wrong would all work, since there is not only therapy but also a therapist falling for her patient. And all before Harley Quinn, I believe!
9. Batman: Killing Joke. The Joker tries to prove one bad day can send anyone to the nuthouse. Insanity, Evil Genius and Family Ties would work here.
10. Batman: Under the Red Hood. Is Jason Todd really dead? (Joker killed him in Death in the Family.) Or is it more mindfuckery? Family Ties, Parental Issues, and Not Dead Anymore could be used for this volume. And of course, Batman still has Dead Parents.
I'm hitting the beach. I'll do general comics later tonight or even tomorrow.