logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Book-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-06-27 22:27
Kept - Maya Banks

Oh man, I thought this was terrible. I've enjoyed a lot of Maya Banks' books. Especially her KGI series. But this one, just dumb. Boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl on the first sight. Therefore he must own her and from there on....typical love story I guess. Just not my favorite from this author.

photo 2017-06-27 15:37

Thanks to everyone for your  lovely support for my novel THE EAGLE TREE. The book has done so wonderfully well worldwide -- recently, I found out that the book has been read by nearly 100,000 people already! Wow!

I'm also surprised to discover that we're at nearly 1,000 reviews on Amazon. If you have read the book and haven't quite gotten around to posting a review, it would sure be great if you could post a review. Doesn't matter if it's negative, positive, or meh. Any review helps a book to gain more visibility, as it means that readers are engaged with the book.

Write a review today >>

Source: www.amazon.com/Eagle-Tree-Ned-Hayes-ebook/product-reviews/B01BVD40HS/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_acr_sr?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=avp_only_reviews
review 2017-06-27 15:10
DIABLO: Night Rebels Motorcycle Club by Chiah Wilder

Title: Diablo
Series: Night Rebels MC #3
Author: Chiah Wilder
Genre: MC Romance (can be standalone)
Release: June 20, 2017

Diablo, Sergeant-At-Arms of the Night Rebels MC, doesn’t chase women the way his fellow brothers do. Women flock to the ripped, bearded, tatted biker, but he pushes them away. His past haunts him and rage burns deep inside him. His only focus is the club, his Harley, and his shots of whiskey. He doesn’t want a woman messing with his life. He doesn’t trust them. Then he sees her. Her hazel eyes reflect sadness and regret. He’s drawn to the loneliness that fills her up—it haunts him. She’s his employer’s daughter. He knows he should stay away from her, but he can’t. He wants to take her in his arms and protect her, but she won’t even talk to him. Diablo’s not the type to give up. He wants her, and he’ll do everything he can to make her his. Fallon Richardson can’t stand a man’s touch. Ever since her mother left her when she was a young girl, she’s been living in hell. Her father is the kingpin in illegal underground fighting. She tries to make herself inconspicuous so the men won’t notice her and the women won’t make fun of her, but it never works. She hates being at the fights, but her father demands her presence. Then she sees him across the room. His penetrating stare pulls her in no matter how hard she resists. The tall, muscled man stirs feelings in her she has shut off for years. Her body wants him, yet, she can’t give herself to him. Men are cruel, animalistic, and not to be trusted. But the tattooed man has a softness beneath his rough exterior that speaks to her. Then shadows from years ago emerge from the darkness, and soon Fallon doesn’t know who to trust. Her world is turned upside down, and she fears not only for her sanity but for her life. Can Diablo and Fallon gain each other’s trust in time for him to protect her? The Night Rebels MC series are standalone gritty romance novels. DIABLO is Book Three in the series. This book contains violence, strong language, sexual assault (not graphic), and steamy/graphic sexual scenes. It describes the life and actions of an outlaw motorcycle club. HEA. No cliffhangers. 18+.

Another great read in this series.This time around its where opposites attract.Fallon is kind shy and meek type and Diablo is the bada** biker covered in muscles and tattoos.But, Diablo sees something in Fallon that he needs and wants more than just bedding her.

Fallon had to be my favorite character in this story.We saw Fallon grow throughout the book.Like a butterfly spreading their wings.By meeting Diabalo and forming an unusual friendship that turned into so much more.We saw a broken girl gain confidence and independence who desperately need some sort of happiness in her tragic life.Through it all and the horrors and pain Fallon lived through I loved that she still remained innocent in a lot of ways.I found her to be kind ,caring,witty and just a all around sweetheart.

Diablo sees something in Fallon that she doesn't she herself that he wants and needs. Diablo at this time in his life is looking for something more.As the story progressed we saw why he was so attracted to Fallon and she to him.This couples attraction was fierce and once they acted  it was flames to a fire smoking Hot!

Fallon really surprised me most throughout the story because honestly I never thought she would be able to handle a guy like Diablo or his lifestyle but she surprised me get again with her strength  and determination.Fallon is meek no more and is not going to be ruled by any man from here on end.

An unusual love story that was about healing and growth,love,and finding a slice of happiness all the while when someone is trying to take that all away now that you found it.The plot had twists and turns ,secrets coming to life and a unsolved murder that is unresolved know more.

I really loved it from beginning to end.I loved the two main characters they were easy to connect with and loved them from the onset.This story kept you interested with the unusual love story and all this misdeeds happing in the background never knowing what going to happen next .

Another keeper !
Recommend read to all and the series itself.

5 stars from us

Other Books in this Series

Chiah Wilder is the author of Hawk’s Property, the first book in the Insurgents MC Series. It is a full length, standalone novel. Its release date is set for October 27, 2015.

Always a lover of books, she began writing at a young age and continued through college with collections of short stories. Figuring she had to grow up and get a “real” job, her writing was placed on the back burner.

Her love of reading has always be center front in her life. Chiah’s love of bad boys both in and out of fiction has inspired her Insurgents series. She loves an alpha male whose softer side is brought out by a passionate, spirited woman. In fiction there are no rules or boundaries, and fantasies can go as far as the characters want to take them. Steamy, biker romances with rough, sexy bad boys are her guilty pleasure along with brownies, cheddar cheese, and movie marathons.

Returning to writing has been a dream come true. Writing and publishing Hawk’s Property has been an amazing journey, and she is happy to share the Insurgents family with her readers. She is busy writing her next book in the series.

Chiah would love to hear from you. You can contact her at: chiahwilder@gmail.com

review 2017-06-27 14:20
A Book About Existence Found In A Place That Nobody Knows It Exist.
Britt-Marie Was Here: A Novel - Fredrik Backman

Stories of slice of life may not be anyone's cup of tea (or coffee). There are times when I read such stories, I don't get move by how its meant to be written. When I read My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry, it was messy to me. Yes, its the point of view from a 7 year-old girl that her grandmother send her a quest of fairy tale stories that sort of mixed up with reality... for me, I can't tell which is which. Then came the unexpected spin-off - Britt-Marie Was Here and I find it much better than Fredrik Backman's previous book before this one.

Britt-Marie Was Here focus on the title character herself. In the previous book (not a sequel, mind you), she was annoyingly weird (to me that is), a nagger and fussy like hell. But here we get to see and understand who Britt-Marie truly is. Her life, what she was before and who she is now is deeper than we think. After what happen to her in My Grandmother Asked Me... , she traveled to Borg, a fictional place that nobody knows of and literally, its like non-existence. As Britt-Marie gets a job in a recreational center, she encounters unexpected characters that will change her life or how she change theirs. Plus a conversation with a rat, soccer and lots of baking soda and Flaxin plus cutlery. Oh yes - this book and like all Fredrik Backman's books has that same formulated story and theme. In A Man Called Ove, we have those kind of unexpected characters and a cat. In My Grandmother Asked Me..., we have an apartment of unexpected characters too and a dog (even the car Renault is a character of its own). There's no difference here. I can see how his books are written now. But is Britt-Marie Was Here a one-trick pony? Well... yes and no.

You see, there's some thing I enjoy reading this book and its just what message Backman is trying to say here. Its a good one and there's some realism about how people are too comfort in their current lives and afraid to break free and do some thing for themselves when their whole lives are about doing some thing for others. When we try to assure ourselves that the right way is to go back what it was before, its what's happening now. The book does show us that scenario... but of course, I can't give out that ending but I can say, its one I believe that is good. And then of course, Britt-Marie always felt nobody thinks she exist that she makes herself known she does and in the end... well, I can't reveal that either. What I enjoy most is how now the chapters are short and direct, it is a much easier feeling of reading that I took my time no longer than I had with the last book.

I can't say that this book is great but its a read that gives me a subtle warmness towards it, that I like when it comes to slice of life. And this is one of those books that I would say its worth reading for those who are lost in a course of their lives should pick this up.

review 2017-06-27 14:05
Review: Kiss My Boots (Coming Home #2) by Harper Sloan
Kiss my Boots - Harper Sloan

In this second of the sultry, Western-set Coming Home series from New York Times bestselling author Harper Sloan, Quinn Davis might finally have a shot at her own happily-ever-after—but will she let love in, or will she tell it to go ahead and kiss her boots?

Quinn Davis prefers to live her life quietly. She’s the stereotypical tomboy with two overprotective big brothers who have always been there to protect her, especially from devilishly handsome cowboys with silver tongues. That is, until Tate Montgomery comes riding into town. Their first meeting, however, is far from something out of a fairy tale and only further convinces Quinn that men aren’t worth her time.

The only place Tate Montgomery ever truly felt at home growing up was during the long, sweltering summer months he spent at his Gram and Paw’s farm in Pine Oak, Texas. Now, Tate has returned to his childhood sanctuary seeking a fresh start—but if he’s being entirely honest, he’s not just back for the wranglers and Stetsons. During those summers, Quinn was a friend-turned-young-love who Tate lost when life threw him a curveball and he cut all ties to his past; but all it takes is one glance at the raven-haired beauty he did his best to forget for him to realize just how much he’s been missing….

This is the second book in the Coming Home series but it can be easily read as a standalone. But it helps to have read the first book to know all the people we meet along the way.

I liked Quinn in book one and was really looking forward to read her book.  And it did not disappoint. I like Quinn now even. She is not your typical, while she is still very girlie she also is very much a tomboy. She is a bada$$ and still super soft and lovely, Also very funny and knows what she wants.

Tate, I thought it would take me a while to like him but NO. I liked him right away. I lobed that we get his story fairly early and that he just straight out tells everyone what was happening and what he wants for his future.

I liked them separate and I liked them together ever more. I liked that they started out slow again.  It was everything I love, funny, sweet and yet sexy smexy hot with a hint of obstacle to overcome.

I also enjoyed that we still get to see the last couple Leigh and Mav and how they are doing without taking over this book. Of course we get some of Jana’s humor in this book as well and it was great. The tiny insight into Mark and Janie was also great.

I cannot wait to read the last and final book and see Clay getting his HEA.

Oh and the songs, Harper Sloan adds in the beginning to each chapter make a great playlist matching the chapters and the book.

I highly enjoyed this book and rate it a full 5 ★

*I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

Will be available July 18th  2017

harper1

Harper is a NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL and USA TODAY bestselling author residing in Georgia with her husband and three daughters. She has a borderline unhealthy obsession with books, hibachi, tattoos and Game of Thrones. When she isn't writing you can almost always find her with a book in hand.

Links

Facebook *** Website *** Twitter *** Instagram *** Pinterest *** Goodreads *** Amazon Author Page

Snoopydoo sigi