logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Book-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-03-25 22:04
Kingdom of Ash - Sarah J. Maas

Hey!! Thanks so much for watching and I hope you enjoyed, if you could take the time to like this video on YouTube I would be forever grateful. Like Instagram YouTube has it's share of problems, and hitting that like button would be an amazing help. So thank you for showing your support.

Don't forget you can follow & subscribe.
review 2020-03-23 17:57
Mistborn - Brandon Sanderson

Syno

Following on the heels of Sanderson’s successful launch into the YA market with the New York Times bestselling Rithmatist comes Mistborn, now repackaged for the teen audience Once, a hero rose to save the world. He failed. For a thousand years since, the world has been a wasteland of ash and mist ruled by the immortal emperor known as the Lord Ruler. Every revolt has failed miserably. Yet somehow, hope survives. Hope that dares to dream of ending the empire and defeating the Lord Ruler. A new kind of uprising is being planned—one that depends on the cunning of a brilliant criminal mastermind and the determination of an unlikely heroine: a teenage street urchin named Vin. Once, a hero rose to save the world and failed. This time, can a young heroine succeed?

My Thoughts

OMG. This book was freaking fantastic. I loved every minute of it and even though it was a long book. I didn’t want it to end. The beginning while great also was a bit rocky, because we get a lot of info dumping but even with that I still enjoyed it, the info dumping was done right so it didn’t feel so overwhelming and boring. We do get multiple POV throughput the book, but mainly Vin. Speaking of Vin she was my favorite and I liked that she grew so much throughout the book, but in a manner that it seemed realistic, she learned and grew a lot but still made mistakes and had her doubts. She never gave up in believing in people, which made her also vulnerable. I also loved Kelsier, even though there were moments I wasn’t sure if we can trust him or not. Sazed was another one I loved and a great mystery about him. I think even after this first book that there is much more to him as we are lead to believe. Elend was another one I loved way too much, we never know if he is on the bad site or not till the end and that made it so much more interesting. I loved the magic system in this world and I never had one like this before. It was different (for me) and took a bit to understand but I really enjoyed it. The story is fast paced and never gets boring and has many surprises on the way. We get a little of everything, action, magic, humor and even romance a bit , but also betrayal and heartbreak come a long. I did shed a few tears throughout some because I laughed too hard others not so much. I’m utterly in love with this series and its characters and I cannot wait to get to book two. I did listen to the audio book and it was fantastic and greatly narrated, I highly recommend this book and the audio if you like fantasy. I rate it a full 5★

goodreads-badge-add-plus

Amazon*** B&N *** Kobo

review 2020-03-23 17:27
Review: King of Scars (Nikolai Duology #1) by Leigh Bardugo
King of Scars - Leigh Bardugo

Syno

Nikolai Lantsov has always had a gift for the impossible. No one knows what he endured in his country’s bloody civil war—and he intends to keep it that way. Now, as enemies gather at his weakened borders, the young king must find a way to refill Ravka’s coffers, forge new alliances, and stop a rising threat to the once-great Grisha Army. Yet with every day a dark magic within him grows stronger, threatening to destroy all he has built. With the help of a young monk and a legendary Grisha Squaller, Nikolai will journey to the places in Ravka where the deepest magic survives to vanquish the terrible legacy inside him. He will risk everything to save his country and himself. But some secrets aren’t meant to stay buried—and some wounds aren’t meant to heal.

My Thoughts

It has been almost a week since I finished this book and I’m still not over it. I loved this book, and everything about it. Once think I should say is that you should most definitely read at least The Bone and Shadow trilogy first, as well as the Six of Crows Books. Six of crows is maybe not necessary but will most definitely help to understand and know the characters. This books starts off a few months after the event in the last Bone and Shadow book, and a lot has happened since then. We see a mix of characters from Bone and Shadow as well Six of Crows. I thought it was a great blend of characters and they worked well together. The group is split into basically three mini groups and all work on different missions but the same goal, we again get multiple POVs which makes it so much more fun to read and follow our friends. The friendship and characters were always one of my favorite parts of the grisha-verse and that is not any different here. It is fast paced and we never get a minute if rest. The book is also chockfull of twist and turns. Overall, I think this book was my favorite book in the grisha-verse yet, even with that horrible, horrible cliffhanger. I rate it full 5★ and can’t wait for the next book to be released.

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Amazon *** B&N *** Kobo

review 2020-03-23 17:08
Review: A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers #2) by Brigid Kemmerer
A Heart so Fierce and Broken - Brigid Kemmerer

Syno

Find the heir, win the crown.

The curse is finally broken, but Prince Rhen of Emberfall faces darker troubles still. Rumors circulate that he is not the true heir and that forbidden magic has been unleashed in Emberfall. Although Rhen has Harper by his side, his guardsman Grey is missing, leaving more questions than answers. Win the crown, save the kingdom. Rumored to be the heir, Grey has been on the run since he destroyed Lilith. He has no desire to challenge Rhen--until Karis Luran once again threatens to take Emberfall by force. Her own daughter Lia Mara sees the flaws in her mother’s violent plan, but can she convince Grey to stand against Rhen, even for the good of Emberfall? The heart-pounding, compulsively readable saga continues as loyalties are tested and new love blooms in a kingdom on the brink of war.

My Thoughts

I loved this book!!! I even loved it more than the first book. If you read my review to book one you know that Grey was always my front runner and I liked him more than Rhen. So that alone was great but for the book to be so fucking epic was even better. It had me swooning and crying, happy, and sad tears. I was at the edge of my seat the entire time. Like last book we get a lot of twist and turns and surprises which I enjoyed. But I think what I enjoyed the most, besides Grey was, that we get the world expanded. We learn so much more about Emberfall and neighboring kingdoms and customs. We don’t get much if Harper and Rhen , which for Rhen is good, I really, really hated him this book, even at the end of it all . Harper stayed true to her character. I loved the relationship Grey and Jake had, and how it progressed to get there. I also enjoyed Tycho a lot. Lia Mara was fantastic as well, I really liked her from the beginning and she really, really is the perfect match for Grey. Overall epic book, better than book one, The ending…. Some things I saw coming a mile ahead other things really took me by surprises. The ending was torture and I can’t believe we have to wait till the end of 2021(according to GR) for the next book.

I rate this also a full 5★

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Amazon*** B&N *** Kobo

review 2020-03-19 16:53
Review: Great and Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros
Great and Precious Things - Rebecca Yarros

Syno

How do you define yourself when others have already decided who you are?

Six years ago, when Camden Daniels came back from war without his younger brother, no one in the small town of Alba, Colorado, would forgive him—especially his father. He left, swearing never to return.

But a desperate message from his father brings it all back. The betrayal. The pain. And the need to go home again. But home is where the one person he still loves is waiting. Willow. The one woman he can never have. Because there are secrets buried in Alba that are best left in the dark.

If only he could tell his heart to stay locked away when she whispers she’s always loved him, and always will…

Great and Precious Things is a heart-wrenching story about family, betrayal, and ultimately how far we're willing to go on behalf of those who need us most.

My Thoughts

***I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!***

I've been meaning to read a book by Rebbeca Yarros for a while now and I finally had the chance. I'm so glad I did, because I loved everything about this book. I loved the writing, the story and the vivid and wonderful world and characters Yarros created. Pretty early on in the book you just have the feeling like you’re right there with the rest of the characters. I loved that we get the dual POV, that we always knew what both Camden and Willow are up to and thinking, well as much as we are supposed to. The story is both, heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. I cried, I swooned and I even giggled and laughed. It is not only about loss, betrayal and lost love, but also about second chances, healing and accepting not only other but yourself and your past. I loved both charterers and their real world struggles, so true and honest and how each are coping in different ways. Overall, I simply loved this book and I’m looking forward to reading more books by her. I rate it 5★

Image result for sweet hug gif

goodreads-badge-add-plus