logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: non-book-review
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2020-01-27 20:58
Tower of Dawn - Sarah J. Maas

Thanks for watching, it would be amazing if you could take the time to like this video on YouTube. I'm so grateful for all the support.

review 2020-01-24 13:49
Review: Nevermore(Raven Crawford #2)by J.C. McKenzie
Nevermore (Raven Crawford #2) - J. C. McKenzie

Syno

Rundown waitress, part-time private investigator, and half-fae shifter, Raven Crawford, always gets the opposite of what she wants most. She works two jobs but can’t pay the bills. Her confrontation with Queen Lloth has unexpected and unfortunate consequences, and her love life is a hot mess.

With failure and disappointment honed to painful perfection, Raven’s life is riddled with complications, including her troublesome attraction to the lethal Lord of Shadows. When her latest case leads to a group hell-bent on destruction, she must decide who to trust. Will she choose wisely, or will she fail once again and become the next casualty in a war between the Mortal Realm and the Underworld?

My Thoughts

I received a free copy from the publisher via Netgalley and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

I think I read this book even faster than the last and I think I even liked it better than the last as well. Of course it could have been because we got passed the insta lust at this point to. We get a lot more into the events of the underworld and the consequences of the events in last book. Raven unknowingly bit of more than she can swallow (lol for those who read the book). Raven grows a lot and starting to become a lot more confident in her situation but she is also still learning and leery which makes her even more likeable in my eyes. I still love her snark and humor, but also her love for her family and friends. She just wants to do the right thing but is willing to take out a threat if needed no problem. Cole I liked a bit better as well but, we still don’t get much about him. The most we get is when he is having a brooding standoff with Bane. I also don’t care for the fact that he keeps stuff from her, no matter the reason. Their relationship is one thing I’m so-so about , while all it is fine and good I can’t connect to it, that just seems always the case when a relationship starts with a case of insta lust. I’s hard to see how it forms into healthy trusting relationship if all we ever see is the lusty moments and never or hardly any tender moments. For me anyway… most of the time. I like them together but I also could care less about it. But I’m all for their banter. Speaking of Bane, I wish we get more of him and I bet he is not all that bad. Maybe we get some books about him someday. Mike, was still my favorite and I can’t get enough of him. Her twin is back but yet not much in the book and the times he was there it felt off , we should see how that goes. There were still a few unresolved topics I’m waiting for to be bought up and handled as a family, like their father. I hope that comes up sometime and being discussed. Speaking of her family, I love the whole family and their Sundays dinners are the best. Overall I loved this book, it was another super-fast but very funny and enjoyable read that brought many shocking surprises to the table, I can’t wait for the next book to release after that cliffhanger we got. Though I should have seen in coming.

I rate this book 4.5★

Amazon *** B&N *** Kobo

review SPOILER ALERT! 2020-01-24 03:52
Book Review: The Winter Rose
The Winter Rose - Jennifer Donnelly

Book: The Winter Rose

Author: Jennifer Donnelly

Genre: Fiction/Historical/Romance

Summary: When India Selwyn Jones graduates from the London School of Medicine for Women in 1900, she is advised to set up her practice in a fashionable neighborhood. Instead, the idealistic India chooses to work in the East End, serving the poor. There, India meets Sid Malone, one of London’s most notorious gangsters. Before long, an unpredictable, passionate, and bittersweet affair ensues. -Hachette Books, 2008.

review 2020-01-23 14:23
Review: Conspiracy of Ravens (Raven Crawford #1) by J.C. McKenzie
Conspiracy of Ravens (Raven Crawford #1) - J. C. McKenzie

Syno

Raven Crawford knows better than to venture into the seductive world of the dark fae or agree to any of their salacious promises. She plans to pay off her debts so she can get on with her life and stay far away from the denizens of the Underworld. Unfortunately, her numbskull twin steals from the most tempting and lethal fae of them all. Now, Raven must help the Lord of Shadows get back what her idiot brother stole. Her only weapons? Just a little ingenuity and a whole lot of snark. It’s suicide for sure, but she’ll do anything to protect her twin.

My Thoughts

I found book two on Netgalley and it sounded like something I enjoy, and when I got approved I went ahead and bought book one on kindle. I was a bit in a reading slump and this book pulled me out of it. It was just what I needed. A light, funny, paranormal romance. In a world of shifters and fae and humans. I really enjoyed the writing, it is fast paced story and super easy and fast to read and follow. I also was a big fan of Raven, I liked that she had her real -life struggles as well as her paranormal struggles. It just made her so much more relatable. She was super down to earth and funny as all get out. I actually enjoyed her entire family and wish we would have gotten more of them and dinners. I actually was hoping that one thing for sure will be brought up and see how that went, but maybe that will be in future book(s). Her brother Mike was also one of my favorites. Cole I also enjoyed very much, but I think we should get to know him better, we know some if him and of course that he is smoking hot but not much as far as what makes him tick. Im looking forward to hopefully learn more about him. The only thing I was at odds about was the whole Insta lust thing and that she lusted after him sometime in the oddest situations, which she herself even acknowledges. But that is just my personal opinion and I’m sure many people don’t even mind Overall it was a funny, steamy, fast paced paranormal romance with plenty of shocking plot twists. I’m super happy I picked it up and looking very much forward to book two.

I rate it 4 ★

Amazon *** B&N *** Kobo

review 2020-01-21 14:08
Review: White Night (The Dresden Files #9)by Jim Butcher
White Night - Jim Butcher

Syno

A sensational addition to the Dresden Files adventures-from a USA Today bestselling author.

Professional wizard Harry Dresden is investigating a series of deaths in Chicago. Someone is killing practitioners of magic, those incapable of becoming full-fledged wizards. Shockingly, all the evidence points to Harry's half-brother, Thomas, as the murderer. Determined to clear his sibling's name, Harry uncovers a conspiracy within the White Council of Wizards that threatens not only him, but his nearest and dearest, too...

4.5★

Oh wow another crazy book in this fantastic series. Each book gets crazier and crazier and I think it can’t get any better and nothing can shock me anymore with Harry and then he next book does. This was the same with this book. It was a total wild ride and again so much stuff has happened this book that I most likely will forget stuff for the review. I also don’t want to spoil anything for the few people that have not read the series, but that also gets harder and harder. So I will try to just keep it to the point and short.

While I’m absolutely in love with Harry, sometimes his self-sacrificing act can get a bit annoying I also think eventually it will bite him in the butt someday.

I really love the Molly part, not only can it be funny it is also very informative and a better look into the wizard and council world, that we would otherwise not get,

This book get back a lot with the white court of vampires and some surprising things happened. I’m not sure how feel but I guess I wait and see how things works out. It also gave me a glimmer of hope that we might see Susan again, who I still totally miss.

There are also some news on Thomas and what he has been up to, I’m also curios to know why Harry not tells the people about who Thomas is to him, to the people who are closest to him. I think it will come out soon enough though.

Elaine was back a lot in this book and at first I was not sure how to feel about that but I ended up really liking it and her.  I also curious to see what that means for Harry and her.

Of course there is still Murphey and the “will they, wont they” thing that is happening, honestly I’m not for it and really enjoy them just as friends and no more, but time will tell.

Ramirez is a great deal in this book and I’m so for it. I love his character and what he brings to it and hope we get to see more of him and maybe even between him and someone.

Overall another epic book in the series that was full of action, humor and surprises, the only little negative for me was that there was sometimes just too much going on and too much information overload… but other than that I loved every minute if it.

I rate it 4.5★