logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review-book
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2017-07-24 00:22
Book Review for Wicked Intentions by J.T.Geissinger

wickedintentions

ABOUT WICKED INTENTIONS

In the Caribbean for his best friend’s wedding, ex special-ops officer and security expert Ryan McLean meets a beautiful woman in the hotel bar. Their connection is immediate and intense, and they spend a passionate night together with pleasure as their only goal.
But when Ryan wakes the following morning to discover the beautiful woman has vanished, along with millions worth of jewels from the safe of the Saudi prince staying in the suite next door, he realizes their meeting wasn’t accidental and becomes determined to find her.
A notorious thief known to authorities only as the Dragonfly, Mariana Lora has one final job to complete before she’s free from the oath that bound her to a life of crime, but the sexy-as-hell Marine she spent one explosive tropical night with is hot on her heels at every turn. She has to outwit him to stay out of jail, but fighting their magnetic attraction soon becomes a game neither one of them can resist.
When Mariana’s last job goes dangerously wrong and she needs Ryan’s help to survive, he has to decide if their game of cat and mouse is only a game, or if he can trust this beautiful thief with something no woman has ever stolen: his heart.
Get your hands on WICKED INTENTIONS:

What a amazing heartfelt read.Do you believe in love at first sight ? For Ryan that was the case.This was the kind of story that had you smiling and smirking throughout the entire story and I really love stories like that.

These characters were fresh and fun and had amazing vibrant personalities.Ryan and Angel  as he calls her were a perfect match.Ryan see's her as a challenge.Due to Ryan's training and special talents he knows that there is more to the sexy bombshell  than meets the eye but, he's game to find out just what those secrets are.

Angels a thief and Ryan a mercenary I can honesty say didn't see that one coming.There is more to Ryan as well and I just loved uncovering all of his secrets just as much.If anyone can save Angel from the predicament she is in its going to be Ryan and his team.

I alway pick a favorite character to rave about but,this time around their is no way to just pick one.I loved both characters from the onset of reading this story and their first encounter and their interactions with one another I just new I was going to love this story from cover to cover and I did.If I could give this story more than 5 stars I would as I loved this story that much.

The characters were sexy ,interesting ,mysterious ,talented and had a sense of humor and also a sense of justice.I have to mention Ryan's friends as they were a great addition to the story and made the story just more interesting and added tons of humor to the story.There is no doubt these friends considered each person actual family .They were all so supportive and loving and also giving and willing to back Ryan with any and all means to protect the women he considered his.

The chemistry that Ryan and Angel had between them was explosive and hot as hell.There was so much always going on in this story .Tons of twists turns secrets coming to life and  more than a few omg moments.I loved it! I have to say that I never saw this story ending the way it did which took we totally off guard and I continued that way all the way through the epilogue.

I can't wait to start reading the other books in this series and I am so looking forward to reading more of this authors works.

A job well done and a new author to follow!

A recommended read to all!

WANT TO READ THE OTHER STANDALONES IN THE WICKED GAMES SERIES? FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WICKED BEAUTIFUL AND WICKED SEXY BELOW!

WickedBeautiful.Ebook.v4.Amazon

ABOUT WICKED BEAUTIFUL

Life coach and best-selling author Victoria Price has it all: a successful career, fabulous friends, a fantastic penthouse in Manhattan. What she doesn’t have—and doesn’t want—is a husband. Fifteen years ago her high school flame broke her heart so badly she swore she’d never love again. Now she makes millions teaching other women how to be just like her: a ruthless bitch. Drop-dead sexy restauranteur and infamous playboy Parker Maxwell has only three rules for the women he dates: no questions about his past, no expectations for the future, and no spending the night. When he meets Victoria, however, he’s willing to break his own rules if it means sating the explosive desire she arouses in him. What he doesn’t know is that the alluring Victoria Price used to be the mousy Isabel Diaz, the girl he deflowered and dumped long ago. Presented with a perfect opportunity for revenge, Victoria decides the game is on. But when her connection with Parker proves more than just skin deep, she has to make a choice: continue with her plan for payback, or risk her career, her reputation, and her heart by taking a second chance on love?
Get your hands on WICKED BEAUTIFUL:

WickedEbook.v3.Amazon

ABOUT WICKED SEXY

A badass ex-Special Ops officer and a smartass hacker fight a dangerous enemy…and a blistering attraction to each other. Connor Hughes is an ex-special ops officer, CEO of Metrix Security, and bonafide badass. His private security firm is renowned for its effectiveness. He’s renowned for his lethal precision and iron self-control. But when the former Marine meets a gorgeous young hacker with a mouth as smart as her brain, his control unravels in ways he never could have predicted. Tabitha West is a genius MIT dropout with a bad attitude, an obsession with Hello Kitty and piercings in unmentionable places. Tabby amuses herself by outwitting the most secure technology systems on the planet. Known in hacker circles as Polaroid due to her photographic memory, she’s as secretive as she is accustomed to working alone. So when Connor decides she’s the only one who can help him catch a cyber criminal intent on taking down one of his clients, she tells him exactly where he can stick it. But when the cyber criminal turns out to be the Hannibal Lecter of computer crime—and a dark presence from Tabby’s past—Tabby and Connor are drawn into a dangerous game of cat and mouse. They quickly find themselves fighting not only their common enemy, but also an explosive desire that threatens to consume them. When the stakes are this high and the game this deadly, will falling in love be the most dangerous move of all?
Get your hands on WICKED SEXY:

ABOUT J.T. GEISSINGER

A former headhunter, J.T. Geissinger is the author of more than a dozen novels in contemporary romance, paranormal romance, and romantic suspense.
She is the recipient of the Prism Award for Best First Book, the Golden Quill Award for Best Paranormal/Urban Fantasy, and is a two-time finalist for the RITA® Award from the Romance Writers of America®. Her work has also finaled in the Booksellers’ Best, National Readers’ Choice, and Daphne du Maurier Awards.
Join her Facebook reader’s group,Geissinger’s Gang, to take part in weekly Wine Wednesday live chats and giveaways, find out more information about works in progress, have access to exclusive excerpts and contests, and get advance reader copies of her upcoming releases.
show activity (+)
review 2017-07-23 18:57
Review: Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas #1) by Charlaine Harris
Midnight Crossroad - Charlaine Harris

From Charlaine Harris, the bestselling author who created Sookie Stackhouse and her world of Bon Temps, Louisiana, comes a darker locale - populated by more strangers than friends. But then, that’s how the locals prefer it...

Welcome to Midnight, Texas, a town with many boarded-up windows and few full-time inhabitants, located at the crossing of Witch Light Road and Davy Road. It’s a pretty standard dried-up western town.

There’s a pawnshop (someone lives in the basement and is seen only at night). There’s a diner (people who are just passing through tend not to linger). And there’s new resident Manfred Bernardo, who thinks he’s found the perfect place to work in private (and who has secrets of his own).

Stop at the one traffic light in town, and everything looks normal. Stay awhile, and learn the truth...

I was meaning to read this book for a while now and with the TV show soon starting I figured I better get to it. Even though we all know things will most defiantly change in the show.

We also have a buddy read on BookLikes that you can follow with the midnightcrossroadbr tag.

Anyhow, the book was a bit slow but I still enjoyed it but I really hope it will pick up on pace for the next book.

For some reason I thought we would follow Manfred as the main character throughout the book. But we get several point of views from several different people all equally big part of the book.  Also plot wise, we pretty much follow those people throughout the daily lives and what happens. With that we get either a few storylines or none and everything is a bit scrambled together. We kind of getting a bit of everything and it is a bit all over the place at some points of the book.

I did get kind of a Haven feel wit this book. You know freaky small town everyone has a secrets and you have to be in the ‘in’ circle to know it.

Also for a paranormal book I would have liked a little bit more paranormal things happening. Yes we get some but I would have like to see more. Especially from Manfred given the plot and him being psychic. Sometimes they seemed to handle stuff a bit too mundane for being well ….. paranormal. I did however enjoy the kind of vampires in this book and how they feed..

I also enjoyed the characters and setting is was very well described and made you feel like you are part of the town. While a bit slow the book did have a nice flow which made it fun and easy to read.

I’m looking forward to book two to see what our townies are up to.

I rate this book 3★

Available NOW

Charlaine Harris

Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over twenty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Now she lives in southern Arkansas with her husband, her three children, three dogs, and a duck. The duck stays outside.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was writing poetry and plays. After holding down some low-level jobs, she had the opportunity to stay home and write, and the resulting two stand-alones were published by Houghton Mifflin. After a child-producing sabbatical, Charlaine latched on to the trend of writing mystery series, and soon had her own traditional books about a Georgia librarian, Aurora Teagarden. Her first Teagarden, Real Murders, garnered an Agatha nomination.

Soon Charlaine was looking for another challenge, and the result was the much darker Lily Bard series. The books, set in Shakespeare, Arkansas, feature a heroine who has survived a terrible attack and is learning to live with its consequences.

When Charlaine began to realize that neither of those series was ever going to set the literary world on fire, she regrouped and decided to write the book she’d always wanted to write. Not a traditional mystery, nor yet pure science fiction or romance, Dead Until Dark broke genre boundaries to appeal to a wide audience of people who just enjoy a good adventure. Each subsequent book about Sookie Stackhouse, telepathic Louisiana barmaid and friend to vampires, werewolves, and various other odd creatures, has drawn more readers. The Southern Vampire books are published in Japan, Great Britain, Greece, Germany, Thailand, Spain, France, and Russia.

In addition to Sookie, Charlaine has another heroine with a strange ability. Harper Connelly, lightning-struck and strange, can find corpses… and that’s how she makes her living.

In addition to her work as a writer, Charlaine is the past senior warden of St. James Episcopal Church, a board member of Mystery Writers of America, a past board member of Sisters in Crime, a member of the American Crime Writers League, and past president of the Arkansas Mystery Writers Alliance. She spends her "spare" time reading, watching her daughter play sports, traveling, and going to the movies.

Links

Facebook *** Website *** Twitter *** Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-midnight-crossroad-midnight-texas-1-charlaine-harris
review 2017-07-22 01:34
Book Review: The Truth of All Things
The Truth of All Things - Kieran Shields

Book: The Truth of All Things

Author: Kieran Shields

Genre: Fiction/Mystery/Occult/Historical

Summary: When Deputy Marshal Archie Lean is called in to investigate a prostitute's murder in Portland, Maine, he's surprised to find the body laid out like a pentagram and pinned to the earth with a pitchfork. He's even more surprised to learn that this death by "sticking" is a traditional method of killing a witch. Baffled by the ritualized murder scene, Lean secretly enlists the help of historian Helen Prescott and criminalist Perceval Grey. Although skeptical of one another's methods, the team pursues the killer's lurid trail through postmortems and opium dens and deep into the spiritualist societies and lunatic asylums of gothic New England. The closer they come to answers, the more dangerous their hunt becomes. Before the killer closes in on his final victim, they must decipher the secret pattern to these murders - a pattern hidden within the dark history of the Salem witch trials. - Broadway Paperbacks, 2012.

review 2017-07-21 23:12
Book Review: The Last Camellia
The Last Camellia - Sarah Jio

Book: The Last Camellia

Author: Sarah Jio

Genre: Fiction/Romance/Historical/Mystery

Summary: On the eve of the Second World War, the last surviving specimen of a camellia plant known as the Middlebury Pink lies secreted away on an English country estate. Flora, an amateur American botanist, is contracted by an international ring of flower thieves to infiltrate the household and acquire the coveted bloom. Her search is at once brightened by new love and threatened by her discovery of a series of ghastly crimes.

More than a half century later, garden designer Addison takes up residence at the manor, now owned by the family of her husband, Rex. The couple's shared passion for mysteries is fueled by the enchanting camellia orchard and an old gardener's notebook. Yet its pages hint at dark acts ingeniously concealed. If the danger that Flora once faced remains very much alive, will Addison share her fate? -Penguin Group, 2013.

review 2017-07-21 21:49
Book Review: Hush Now, Don't You Cry
Hush Now, Don't You Cry (Molly Murphy Series #11) - Rhys Bowen

Book: Hush Now, Don't You Cry

Author: Rhys Bowen

Genre: Historical Mystery/Fiction

Summary: Molly Murphy, now Molly Sullivan, and her husband, Daniel, a captain in the New York Police Department, have been invited to spend their honeymoon on the Newport, Rhode Island, estate of Alderman Brian Hannan in the spring of 1904. Molly doesn't entirely trust the offer. Hannan - an ambitious man - has his eye on a Senate seat and intentions of taking Tammany Hall to get it. When Hannan is found dead at the base of the cliffs that overlook the Atlantic, Molly's suspicions are quickly justified, and as much as she wants to keep her promise to Daniel that she won't do any more sleuthing now, there isn't much she can do once the chase is on. Rhys Bowen's brilliant wit and charm are on full display in Hush Now, Don't You Cry, another outstanding addition to her Agatha Award - and Anthony Award-winning historical series. -Minotaur Books, 2012.