logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: reviews
Load new posts () and activity
quote 2015-08-05 22:15
"…Under the author paradigm, publishing a book is one of the greatest achievements ever. (This is not to say that it is not a great achievement but that it is not valued the same by readers).

Under the reader paradigm, the book is a commodity of entertainment to be valued, weighed, and judged like so many other products that they spend their time and money on. The book as an object is not necessarily special..."

—Dear Author post at http://dearauthor.com/features/letters-of-opinion/the-reader-author-paradigm/

Source: dearauthor.com/features/letters-of-opinion/the-reader-author-paradigm
quote 2015-02-26 18:05
C.J. Leger is has been granted Librarian Status on the LeafMarks reading community. Follow her on the source link

C.J. Leger's LeafMarks Profile

I'm always updating new projects I'm working on and accreditations I receive across the board, while not and academic accreditation, I have just received Librarian Status on the LeafMarks reading network. I will be regularly updating the LeafMarks book database with corrected information and linking versions where possible. If you are on LeafMarks and have a book lacking information or a photo on your roster, or that you've come by, please send me a shout and I will put it on my to-edit list. Thanks!

Source: www.leafmarks.com/lm/#/users/14701/profileLc
review 2014-12-05 18:26
Bo is a widower who has 2 young children. his wife is killed in a car accident. The story starts and right from the beginning you know this is going to pull your heart strings. He meets Gabby by chance and falls for her. Gabby helps Bo accomplish much and accept his life. I am not normally one for religious books but I really loved it.
It was spiritual in a way that shows you how to believe and be grateful for life. Bo was kind of annoying at times. It was frustrating when he didn't see how amazing his life was. But Gabby was so good with him. She was able to show and convince him to trust in God and be grateful for what he has. To live everyday to the fullest.
This book had so many different genres mixed into one. It was written so well that you did not feel that one overpowered another. A definite read!

From http://mullenarmyfamily.blogspot.com/
Source: mullenarmyfamily.blogspot.com
quote 2014-03-07 11:23
"... what often happens in these situations is that the author in question, who feels personally attacked ...sort of combines all of the individual critical voices together and calls “bully,” not because there is a repeated pattern of victimization, but because more than one reader criticizes the author’s commercial product..."

Source:  http://dearauthor.com/features/letters-of-opinion/taking-the-bull-out-of-book-review-bullying/

Source: dearauthor.com/features/letters-of-opinion/taking-the-bull-out-of-book-review-bullying
review 2014-03-04 17:26
"I have no feeling of guilt regarding the books I have not read and perhaps will never read; I know that my books have unlimited patience. They will wait for me till the end of my days" (255).
The Library at Night - Alberto Manguel

The quote comes from the book The Library at Night by Alberto Manguel. I have posted my review to my blog, The Itinerant Librarian. Simply click the link to read the full review. I can tell you right now this is probably one of the nicest books I have read so far this year.

Link to review: http://itinerantlibrarian.blogspot.com/2014/03/booknote-library-at-night.html