Those who were active on this site before mid-2018 probably remember "Follow Fridays", a series of interviews presenting individual BookLikes bloggers. (For reference, the last "Follow Fridays" post, with links to all previous posts at the bottom, is HERE.)
OB brought up the idea of reviving that series of interviews among ourselves in the comments section of a blog post today, and we've been tossing it back and forth a bit (I confess I really like the idea) -- as to whether / how to keep the interview format, how to send images to be included in the interview, etc. So I thought I'd just turn it over to the BL crowd at large:
* Would this be something you're interested in seeing revived?
* Ideas as to format (interview / questionaire or something else)?
* If interview, how should we choose the interviewer? The same person every time, or revolving among a group, or changing with every interview ... and picked -- how exactly?
* How do we choose the interviewees -- in particular, the 50 million dollar question: Absent administrative omniscience as to the universe of bloggers actually active on Booklikes (and in light of the known difficulties in discovering active bloggers before they vanish in frustration for lack of feedback on their posts) ... how do we rope in the unknowns, outside the circle of known faces / blog names routinely floating down our dashboards anyway?
Other ideas? Suggestions? Comments? Please share and speak up!
* Interviews moving from blogger to blogger, with the interviewee of one week becoming the interviewer the following week. This should (hopefully) also help in letting the interviews move away from just running around and around within the same circle of bloggers.
* Preferably, interviewees who don't have a huge number of followers yet (say, fewer than 50, or maybe even fewer than 30).
* Discussion group threads for backup, such as FAQs, rules, etc. I initially thought about creating a new group, but thinking more about it, we already do have a perfectly-named group, "Finding More BookLikes Blogs to Follow", that many of us are members in. So: backup threads in that group, with #Follow Fridays at the beginning of the thread title.
* Interview questions modeled on the pattern set by the original "Follow Friday" interviews, but mixed and matched with questions from other sources, possibly on a "pick at least 5 / 10 questions out of these 15 / 20" basis. Examples / suggestions:
Mike Finn's interview here: https://thereadingchick.com/2018/07/28/blogger-to-blogger-series-an-interview-with-mike-of-mike-finns-fiction/
-- or the "memes" / "bookish question" games that used to make the rounds of this site every so often, such as
IF the interviewee is OK with this, questions might also relate to their day job, if that job intersects with their love of reading (e.g., librarians, bookstore owners, authors, or teachers).