Been enjoying my foray into non-fiction. So I hit up the library and took out some nonfiction books I found interesting.
J.J. Abrams vs Joss Whedon could be interesting. Fan of both.
Looking forward to all of these!
Still deciding on my Friday reads. I will probably post them later today. Decisions, decisions...
*Book source ~ Library
Angel is on the last leg of his quest to resurrect Giles. Faith, while not happy about it, helps him in an attempt to accomplish his goal.
Gorgeous artwork and a decent storyline plus the appearance of my favorite character, Spike. Nom nom nom! This giganamous edition is chock-full of action, violence, fights, dilemmas, surprises and humor. Plus, I did mention it’s gorgeous, right?
I've always liked Felicia Day. Well, since I first saw her on Dr. Horrible and then crushed on her after watching The Guild. My crush waned, and wasn't rekindled by this book. I enjoyed hearing the author read to me - I think all memoirs should be read by the author, if possible - because I don't think anyone else could have done it justice.
I learned a lot about Ms. Day and had quite a few, "wow, I never would have guessed that," moments. Glad I read it. I wish her loads of success and happiness in the future.
1. Star Trek ongoing. Retcon of the original universe, and even original stories. I'd suggest this for fans of the Nu!Trek movies, for the Retcon square. Chekov could count as Teen Sidekick if you want to continue and fill in another square. Tie-In to Show/Movie and Foreign Hero could count for further squares if you really want to marathon this series.
2. The Maxx. Dark and gritty, this tackles a lot of issues - mental health, trauma and homelessness. It packs a punch to the gut, but is also gorgeously written with lush illustrations. Writer is Artist, Antihero, Streetlevel, and Not Of This World would fit this series nicely.
3. Edward Scissorhands: Parts Unknown. Adorable and heartwarming, this is a brilliant tie-in to the movie. Tie-into movie, Girl Power, Team Up and Teen Sidekick would all fit nicely for this graphic novel.
4. Bloodshot: Setting the World on Fire. Amnesiac, nanite enhanced assassin. I'm all in for this one! Bloodshot is a complete badass, and he's a large part of why I fell in love with the Valiant universe. Anti-hero, Novelist Writes Comics, Military Training and Loner all fit Bloodshot quite nicely.
5. Lumberjanes Volume One. Adorable girls at camp go on adventures and get into trouble. Sounds too cutesy for me, but I was utterly charmed by this anyway. Go figure! Teen Sidekick, Team Up and Girl Power fit this nicely.
6. Saga Volume One. Space Opera about how war can tear apart families. Oversimplified explanation, but anything that does justice to this would be pages long. Brilliant! Not of This World and Military Training would work well for this.
7. The Rabbi's Cat. Charming, thoughtful take on religion, politics, and most everything thrown in here. And there's a talking cat who argues that he should have a bar mitzvah which is pretty much the most awesome thing I can think of. Translated, Foreign Creator, Turned into TV Show/Movie, and Writer is Artist work for this series.
8. Spawn Origins Volume one. A man comes back from hell as Spawn with no memory of who he is. Although he was sent the Violator to... I wanna say help him, but his name is Violator so who's really going to believe that? Origin Story, Foreign Creator, Loner, Military Training, Antihero, and Turned into TV Show/Movie work for this.
9. Buffy Season Eight: The Long Way Home. Buffy is resurrected and written by the writers of the show, with illustrators handpicked by Joss Whedon - from what I understand. If you can't get enough Buffy, you need to read this. You can keep this going for a while, to. Not of This World, Tie-In to TV Show/Movie, Teen Sidekick, Girl Power, Team Effort and Military Training all can work.
10. Atomic Robo Volume One. Hilarious comic book. Just fun, funny, with a lot of heart. I could see this turning non-graphic novel readers into graphic novel readers, that's the level of fun. Team Effort, Origin Story, and Not of This World could all be used for this series.