logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-review
Load new posts () and activity
photo 2018-06-23 13:17
Source: bookloverbookreviews.com/2018/06/a-place-for-us-by-fatima-farheen-mirza-book-review.html
photo 2017-06-27 15:37

Thanks to everyone for your  lovely support for my novel THE EAGLE TREE. The book has done so wonderfully well worldwide -- recently, I found out that the book has been read by nearly 100,000 people already! Wow!

I'm also surprised to discover that we're at nearly 1,000 reviews on Amazon. If you have read the book and haven't quite gotten around to posting a review, it would sure be great if you could post a review. Doesn't matter if it's negative, positive, or meh. Any review helps a book to gain more visibility, as it means that readers are engaged with the book.

Write a review today >>

Source: www.amazon.com/Eagle-Tree-Ned-Hayes-ebook/product-reviews/B01BVD40HS/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_acr_sr?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=avp_only_reviews
photo 2016-09-26 19:27
The Eagle Tree - Ned Hayes

By Keri Anne Griffithon September 25, 2016

As an autistic mother to an autistic child, a poet, and an environmental advocate, this book will be important to me for a long time. It moved me to tears. I laughed. And I was ravenously hooked in after a few chapters while whole-heartedly rooting for March and his family.

March is such a strong, determined, passionate young man. I really appreciated reading a story about an autistic protagonist who has depth, nuance, insight, intelligence, and dynamism. He was not dehumanized or belittled. I sensed authentic compassion between the lines of this book that never struck me as misplaced pity and instead struck me more as an attempt at genuine acceptance. The significant characters wanted to see March be his truest self while balancing the need to navigate with March the sometimes harsh realities of the neurotypical world to help March in achieving his own goals.

March and his family were easy to love and also imperfect people who had their own growing yet to do. I enjoyed learning more about the Pacific Northwest and our ecosystem, especially with March as my teacher and guide. I am grateful to have connected to an autistic protagonist whose impairments were significant, whose gifts were hard for him to share, and whose flapping and stimming were an ever present part of how he moved in time and space. Too many people do not yet know how very much autistic people have to offer the world. How excellent if this book chips away at that unfortunate ignorance. Diversity is key with forests and with human kind.

I hope one day to give this book to my son so that it might encourage him to follow his passions brazenly and so that it might serve as an emblem that growth is a constant and life is full of cycles.
Source: www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3H9LW5UFM07IX/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01BVD40HS
review 2016-08-24 20:07
Front Page Affair by Radha Vatsal
A Front Page Affair (Kitty Weeks Mystery) - Radha Vatsal

OUT OF THE GATE LIKE A STUTZ BEARCAT

Radha Vatsal is a scholar and a talented storyteller, evident in her strong historical mystery debut,A Front Page Affair, just released this summer.

Capability Weeks (“Kitty” to her friends) and her father (a well-to-do, self-made mogul) live well in 1915 New York City. Kitty, a young addition to the New York Sentinel’s Ladies Page, covers a July 4th society soiree and becomes unintentionally tied to a murder and what looks like a plot to endanger the delicate international balance.

Read the rest here

Source: benjaminlclark.com/2016/08/23/review-front-page-affair-by-radha-vatsal
photo 2016-07-20 09:29

New York Times bestselling author Steve Silberman on THE EAGLE TREE

"The Eagle Tree is a gorgeously written novel that features one of the most accurate, finely drawn and memorable autistic protagonists in literature. The hero of the book is like a 14-year-old Walt Whitman with autism, seeking communion with the ancient magnificent beings that tower over the landscape around Olympia, Washington. Ned Hayes plays with the conventions of the unreliable narrator so that you end up feeling like March is a very reliable narrator of glorious and terrifying aspects of the world that neurotypicals can’t see. Credible, authentic, powerful. A must-read.”

– Steve Silberman, author of NeuroTribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity, winner of the Samuel Johnson Prize for non-fiction.

Source: theeagletree.com