So this morning was spent grocery shopping with two kids (*sigh*) and then going out as a family to do some school clothes shopping. I read for a little while (timer reads 10 hours 8 minutes) this afternoon and will get back to it tonight with reading to the kids and after they go to bed.
Finished A Sultry Love Song and decided to start The Greek Tycoon's Green Card Groom (my first ever m/m romance). My goal is to end with at least 12 hours reading time and 25% of the new book done. Both books are on my COYER Summer Vacation reading list, which is handy since the 2nd COYER read-a-thon started today. Reminder to my fellow COYER participants: the read-a-thons are voluntary but this one is restricted to only the print books on your list (August's read-a-thon is back to e-books and audiobooks only).
My next update will be my last for 24in48. To my fellow 24in48-ers: Let's finish STRONG!!!
From today through next Sunday, I will be knee deep in read-a-thons. Since the 2nd COYER Read-a-thon rules stipulate that only print books can be read, I decided to make 24 in 48 all physical books as well. Some of the books are new to my COYER reading list, as they can be read for Pop Sugar challenge prompt fillers. I am also hoping that some of these books can be used for the Ripped Bodice Bingo, because I would like at least one bingo on that card.
1. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson (Pop Sugar: Set in Wilderness) (Library Love Challenge)
2. Chaucer's Major Tales by Michael Hoy and Michael Stevens (Pop Sugar: Book mentioned in another book - Chaucer's Canterbury Tales was mentioned extensively in one chapter of London: The Novel by Edward Rutherford) (Library Love Challenge)
3. The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (Pop Sugar: Interesting Woman) (Library Love Challenge)
4. The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus #2) by Rick Riordan/adapted to graphic novel format by Robert Venditti (Pop Sugar: Mythology) (Library Love Challenge)
5. A Sultry Love Song by Kianna Alexander
6. The Greek Tycoon's Green Card Groom by Kate McMurray
7. Secret Agent Under Fire by Geri Krotow
8. Killer Countdown by Amelia Autin
9. The Soldier's Secrets by Naomi Rawlings
10. Falling for the Enemy by Naomi Rawlings
He'll give her what she needs . . .
Addison Williams isn't looking for romance, but when she encounters an eavesdropping stranger on an adjoining hotel balcony, she figures she's due a little fun. She just hadn't reckoned on the "fun" escalating so quickly to "out of control." One minute she's flirting with a whiskey-graveled voice in the dark, the next that same voice is telling her to do things. Hot, wicked things.
Cup-winning hockey player Ford "Killer" Callaghan can't believe he let the anonymous woman who blew his mind slip away into the night. He'll track her down because once could never be enough--even if discovering her identity places her strictly out of bounds.
Stolen kisses. Secret hook-ups. Deliciously forbidden in every way. Can a passion that started in the dark find a lifetime of love in the light?