logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-11-23 08:00
Russisch Water
Russisch water - Caroline Ligthart

For such a short book it was such a boring read. The story never managed to interest me and the word jokes were cringe worthy. A huge disappointment!

~~~~

Preview voor Ezzulia.nl

Dit boekje kreeg ik als preview voor Ezzulia. Het is een dun boekje van een voor mij onbekende schrijfster.

Het las makkelijk, alleen vond ik het verhaal niet veel voorstellen. Het was niet echt interessant of geloofwaardig. De woordgrappen vond ik niet echt geslaagd. Helaas viel het me enorm tegen...

review 2017-11-22 22:35
Movie Review: Coco (2017)

Went on open day to see Coco with my son.

My boy is 6. He made it through the special feature of Olaf’s Frozen Adventure, it was very cute, and then as soon as the movie started he was like I want to leave. This movie is too scary. I don’t want to watch. I really don’t understand young kids. Some movies he’s all into and others he finds a reason to say that they are to scary.

Coco was not scary, well maybe the skeleton’s in the land of the dead could be scary, but they are not featured right off. We start by learning the story of Miguel’s family and his dreams of becoming a musician like his idol. He finds himself in the land of the dead and meeting up with his relatives, who then go on an adventure. Along the way he and his family learn the true story of his families history and how important family is.

I loved how Mexico was represented, The culture, the music, and the colors. I loved the musical numbers, the animation was wonderful, and I loved how the story all played out. The colors are so vibrant and the characters where marvelous. The characters and story had me crying at least 3 different times during the movie.

Coco is a sensational Pixar production. For my son, he wasn’t into the movie, but for me I adored Coco and want to watch it again.

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/11/movie-review-coco-2017
review 2017-11-22 15:16
Review: Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1) by Laini Taylor
Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor

Around the world, black hand prints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grows dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherworldly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real, she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands", she speaks many languages - not all of them human - and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.

When beautiful, haunted Akiva fixes fiery eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?

I’ve been seeing this book around all over the place and been meaning to read it for a while now. So I was happy to finally get to it. I must admit that whole I liked it a lot it was not as good as I thought it be until the last few chapters. The beginning for me was a bit slow and confusing and I had no idea what was going on for a while or where it was going. Even though we go through a couple timelines throughout the book it became less confusing the more I got into the book. The world and character building was absolutely beautiful. I really enjoyed the different worlds and times. I enjoyed the characters even more. I really liked one of our main character Karou, she sis strong can kick butt and of course fly (lol ) and has a funny side. I also really liked Zuzana and what she meant to Karou. I did have a little trouble connecting with Akiv in the beginning but it seemed to get a little better throughout the book and we get deeper into the story. I also think and sort of hope we will see more of Kaz. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and looking forward to book two, which I think will be even better. As the story seems to be just starting at the end of this book. And now that we have all the introduction into the world and people over with. I will rate it 3 ½ ★ as the beginning was a bit too slow for me.

Available NOW

Laini Taylor

Hi! I write fantasy books. My latest is STRANGE THE DREAMER, about a young librarian, a mythic lost city, and the half-human children of murdered gods. Check it out :-) Before that I wrote the DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE trilogy, which has been translated into 32 languages. It's about a blue-haired art student raised by monsters, a broken angel, and a war that has raged for 1000 years in another world. I also wrote LIPS TOUCH: THREE TIMES, which was a National Book Award finalist, and the DREAMDARK books. As well as various short stories and novellas.

Thanks for reading!!

Links

Website *** Twitter *** Goodreads *** Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

review 2017-11-22 10:00
New Release Review! The Wolf's Joy (Masters of Maria #3) by Holley Trent
The Wolf's Joy - Holley Trent

A holiday hook-up leads to a lifetime of love in this charming story continuing the adventures of the Masters of Maria series.

Alex Cavanaugh is used to fielding odd requests at her waitressing job. She would have never predicted, though, that she’d get brazenly propositioned for a one-night stand with a needy werewolf—or that she’d be lonely enough to tell him yes.

Ben Swain’s inner wolf has been howling for him to take a permanent mate, but he’s terrified of change. He’s clawed his way to status and respect from his pack and doesn’t want to sacrifice that for anything. A short tryst while he’s visiting Maria, New Mexico, before the holidays is supposed to be a stopgap measure to keep his wolf hormones in check, but Ben’s animal side wants more of Alex.

Although she’s a human, quirky Alex’s go-with-the-flow, practical personality perfectly complements Ben’s wild intensity. But after being burned by men before, her budding horticulture career has become her number one priority. Sure, she wants love, but she’d rather be alone than with someone who isn’t fully committed. So why can’t she seem to resist Ben?

If the two can’t figure out a way to balance the two most important things in their lives, all they’ll be getting for Christmas is regret.

Sensuality Level: Sensual

A fun and entertaining novella set in Holley Trent’s Masters of Maria series.

The characters are a bit quirky and are so right for each other that this short romance will raise your spirits which is fantastic as it releases just before the holidays. The author brings her characters to such brilliant life that readers can just feel the chemistry and heat from each and every page and it they can definitely see where Ben and Alex are perfect for each other.

Their romance is so full of amusing quirks and leaps that it brought a smile to my face throughout each and every page which brightened my day and of course the supporting characters have certainly caught my interest and ensured that I want to visit the town of Maria again and get to know them all.

Which as you may have guessed means I need to go back and read the first two books in this series.  I just hate it when life gets in the way of my reading time, because then I get behind on all the wonderful books out there and Holley Trent is definitely one of to be read authors and The Wolf’s Joy is a fantastic quick read.

The Wolf’s Joy is the 3rd book in the Masters of Maria series

Author’s Note from website: The Wolf’s Joy takes place after The Angel’s Hunger, but it stands alone pretty well—kind of like my Norseton Wolves novellas. Don’t worry about trying to catch up on all of the previous books set in this world before you read it!

The next book in the series, The Coyote’s Chance is coming soon!

The Wolf’s Joy is available in ebook at:

Amazon  B&N   Kobo   iBooks

Holley Trent can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter   BookBub   Instagram

text 2017-11-22 08:51
Devin Fitzpatrick Art Consultants Review: Profiteer van kunst voor uw huis ontwerp

Als uw huis ziet er saai of saai, dan is het tijd om je spel te intensiveren op het interieur volgens het advies van Devin Fitzpatrick Art Consultants. Een ding dat sterk zou kunnen bijdragen aan de verfraaiing van uw huis is het zetten van mooie kunstwerken. Je zult zeker opwinding voelen als je degene bent die verantwoordelijk is voor het ontwerpen van een kamer waar je ook de rol van de kunst te begrijpen in het geven van positieve energie en gevoel voor mensen. Het verzorgen van het interieur en het plaatsen van goede kunstwerken kan ook over jezelf, doe je best om kunst die je kan definiëren als een persoon door het kopen van originele en speciale kunst die u verkiest zetten.

Specifieke professionals beschouwen ook kunst als elegant en een element dat goede energie bezit. U vinden op top interieur tijdschriften de opneming van kunstwerken om meer stof te verstrekken aan een kamer. Als u op zoek bent naar originele en betaalbare kunstwerken, Zoek uw lokale kunsten. Ze bieden vaak kunst dicht bij de verfijning niveau van dure Ones.

Devin Fitzpatrick Art Consultants wil niet dat je jezelf stress in het kiezen van kunst voor uw huis, dus ze bereid een aantal eenvoudige tips die zijn ingesloten in de volgende paragrafen om beter te helpen bij het inrichten van uw interieur.

Om meer stijl toe te voegen aan de kunst, zet het op een frame. Het maakt het stuk ziet er duur en meer verfijnde. Goedkope frames kan ook wonder doen door simpelweg met behulp van uw persoonlijke creativiteit. Zorg ervoor dat de kunstwerken een evenwichtige Toon en schaal in het algemeen te bereiken. U gaan op andere genres, maar houd rekening met de Toon en schaal. Om een voorbeeld te geven, zwart-wit Foto's kunnen worden afgestemd op houtskool schilderijen en monochrome schilderijen.

Als uw huis biedt een aantal brede muren, het creëren van een collage van kunstwerken kan een goede impact te geven. Het ophangen van kleine stukjes bij elkaar kan resulteren in een prachtig meesterwerk aan de muur. Enerzijds, als u een specifiek thema volgt waar het traditioneel of modern kan zijn, zou u met het moeten plakken en kunststukken kopen die aan het verwant zijn.

Om meer nuttig advies te verzamelen, leestijd Schriften in verband met het gebruik van kunst in het ontwerpen van een huis, kantoor of persoonlijke ruimte. Verzamel alle belangrijke informatie en toepassen op uw ontwerpen. Om ook beter te waarderen elk kunstwerk, moet je weten wat hun echte betekenis en waarde. Elk stuk moet worden gebracht met betrekking tot elkaar en moet in overeenstemming zijn met uw gekozen thema. Alles moet dienovereenkomstig worden geregeld om die perfecte blik voor elke ruimte te hebben.

Eventuele problemen met betrekking tot kunst design? Neem contact op met Devin Fitzpatrick Art Consultants voor meer professionele hulp.