logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review
Load new posts () and activity
text 2017-03-23 02:07
Asquith Realty Group Review - Discover the Best Neighborhood

Discovering the best neighborhood that best suits all your needs was never an easy task. You need to conduct a proper research first and a careful evaluation after. Asquith Rise doesn’t want you to be alone in your search, that’s why they provided some important pointers to remember in finding the right community of your dreams.

Choose what is more important to you as a first, the physical house or the neighborhood itself. Others find the house as more important than the neighborhood, while some think otherwise. Not all can afford a beautiful and elegant house with an ideal neighborhood because it would cost more than expected, that’s why you need to compromise on the house and the community it belongs to if you’re following a strict budget.

It’s also crucial to ask your family members if they prefer to live in an urban or rural area before starting your search. List all the kinds of amenities they need to be close with and consider their other interests.

Choose a community that’s close to schools, even if you’re single and has your own job. You don’t want to live forever alone, right? Asquith realty group sees that sooner or later you’ll have your own family, so might as well consider this on your list, but remember that areas with a good school district have more value.

A good transportation should also be one of your priorities. Find if a specific neighborhood offers a good public transportation or if the area is prone to traffic or not. You’ll easily find significant locations if you choose a place near or within a city.

Getting help from a real estate agent could be included on your list. You may ask him or her to find good places that are close to subway stations or to popular commuter routes but offers an affordable price.

After you finish your search and you’re content with the places you found, compare the good and bad sides of each and choose carefully. Once you are finished in doing so, visit the place of your choice often on both weekdays and weekends to determine its living condition.

As an excellent multi-residential development company, Asquith realty group continues to give helpful advice or tips on individuals related to finding a good place to live. They suggest that you must include legwork in your search and should not just depend on online reviews.

review 2017-03-23 02:05
The Passenger by Lisa Lutz
The Passenger - Lisa Lutz

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I thought that this book was just okay. I have been a fan of Lisa Lutz for a long time and have a great fondness for her Spellman Files series. I knew going into this book that this was going to be a completely different kind of story and I was really looking forward to seeing what she would do with it. There were things that I did like about this story but other elements were not quite as enjoyable.

The book opens with the death of Tanya's husband. Tanya immediately leaves town and starts working on assuming a new identity. Tanya tells us that she didn't hurt her husband, Frank, but we have no idea why she feels like she needs to leave town. I was really curious about her motivation to run. That wasn't a small decision and she knew exactly what to do so it was very obvious that Tanya had disappeared before. Tanya changes her name several times in the story but for the purpose of the review, I am just going to stick with Tanya.

Tanya meets Blue in a bar when Blue figures out that she isn't exactly who she says she is. They find themselves in a serious situation soon after they meet and they form an interesting friendship. Both Blue and Tanya are on the run and are both hiding who they truly are from the world. Blue's character was one that I didn't quite trust. Blue just seemed to have a more criminal mind than Tanya did.

I did want to keep reading so that I could learn why Tanya felt she had to run in the first place. If she didn't hurt her husband, it didn't make sense unless she had something else from her past. The emails that were sprinkled in the book between chapters quickly hinted that there was something from her past that we hadn't discovered yet. I also really liked the humor that was sprinkled throughout the book. This isn't a funny story but Lisa Lutz's sense of humor is still very evident in the writing.

I was really disappointed by the ending of this book. Seriously disappointed. I read all of those pages eagerly awaiting a big reveal that caused Tanya to be on the run and it just didn't do a lot for me. The big twist that was supposed to shock me at the end just added another layer of disappointment.

I am not really sure that I would recommend this book. I do think that a lot of readers will really enjoy this book a lot more than I did. I did like the book and I do consider 3 stars to be a good rating. It just wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. I do plan to continue reading Lisa Lutz's work in the future and commend her for writing a different kind of story.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Simon & Schuster via NetGalley and Edelweiss.

Initial Thoughts
Way late on reviewing this one. I must say that I am really disappointed by how this one ended. I would say that this book was okay overall but I feel let down now that I finished.

show activity (+)
review 2017-03-22 21:32
[Book Review] The Thing About Love
The Thing About Love - Julie James

Six years ago, Jessica Harlow and John Shepherd got off on the wrong foot... repeatedly.  What he considered encouragement and motivation she took as insulting and demeaning.  Then she might have come across a bit more vindictive than intended, and it all got even more tangled up from there.  But Agent Harlow has come home to Chicago after a failed marriage and been assigned to work with the newly single Agent Shepherd on an undercover mission before he leaves to join the Hostage Rescue Team.  Working together brings old grievances to light, and gives a chance for explanations and mending.

Of course, once they no longer exist in states of perpetual irritation with each other their not-so-latent attraction rears its head.  Things proceed about as expected (clothes on the floor and the two of them even sometimes on the bed).  Only, John's leaving, which may have assuaged the initial concerns about co-worker romance... but what if they could be something more?

Other alternative titles for this book include: "When Two Alpha Personalities Meet" and "Dangerous Yoga Pants."

The Thing About Love definitely made for a fun read.  It's not particularly surprising, you could tell from the beginning that they were going to fall in bed with each other, but it kept a good pace and a fun level of humor.  The story gets sexy, but keeps things overall light.  I definitely twitted the book about  little things here and there, but I enjoyed it overall.  Well written and engaging.  If someone likes the idea of sexy FBI agents finding romance with each other it should be a hit.

Advance Reader Copy courtesy of Penguin RandomHouse in exchange for an honest review; changes may exist between galley and the final edition.

Source: libromancersapprentice.blogspot.com/2017/03/book-review-thing-about-love.html
show activity (+)
review 2017-03-22 17:12
It Happens All the Time/Amy Hatvany
It Happens All the Time: A Novel - Amy Hatvany

Amber Bryant and Tyler Hicks have been best friends since they were teenagers—trusting and depending on each other through some of the darkest periods of their young lives. And while Amber has always felt that their relationship is strictly platonic, Tyler has long harbored the secret desire that they might one day become more than friends.

Returning home for the summer after her college graduation, Amber begins spending more time with Tyler than she has in years. Despite the fact that Amber is engaged to her college sweetheart, a flirtation begins to grow between them. One night, fueled by alcohol and concerns about whether she’s getting married too young, Amber kisses Tyler.

What happens next will change them forever.

In alternating points of view, It Happens All the Time examines the complexity of sexual dynamics between men and women and offers an incisive exploration of gender roles, expectations, and the ever-timely issue of consent.

Ugh, this book was so important and covered such an important and rare perspective that although I didn't actually like it that much, I so highly recommend it.

Hatvany does an extraordinary good job of transitioning between sections. The book is told from two perspectives across multiple stretches of time, and although the chapters didn't indicate explicitly which part of the year they were being told from, it was always completely clear to me, which I found to be incredibly effective. I didn't get lost ever and I felt like the author guided me very clearly through the story.

I think this book is important. I think it tackles huge topics. I think Tyler's perspective sheds so much light on similar people's thought processes. I think today's society needs this book.

But I didn't appreciate the events that prompted the ending. I didn't like how one incident, the one that opens the book, influenced my entire thinking. I would have liked to have seen the actions that one character would have taken had he not had this outside event impacting him. And for me, that seriously detracted from the book.

And I didn't find Tyler's character to be as sympathetic as perhaps I was supposed to. His friendship with Amber as he grew up didn't strike me as particularly meaningful. I wished Amber had reached out and found other friends, and I felt like when she was at university, she would have.

Mainly, I just never get particularly engrossed in this book. It was easy enough to read, but even though Amber was an extremely motivated and well-rounded character, the type I normally love, I found it hard to really get involved, and I felt like there were many points where I could have stopped reading and simply forgotten about the book.

So I recommend this book, I do, because it's important. But I think it could have been better executed.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.