logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-02-22 10:00
Early Review! Dire Cravings (Arctic Wolves #2) Tigris Eden
Dire Cravings (Arctic Wolves Book 2) - Tigris Eden

Olivia Esmerelda Vasques has always been in control—in the boardroom, in the bedroom, and in her life. But when her partner/ex-husband insists she needs a vacation, Olivia is reluctant to give in until the board of directors issues an ultimatum: take a vacation or don’t bother coming back.

So hiking Mt. McKinley it is. Not her idea of fun, especially after she stumbles into something she can’t quite explain and doesn’t really understand. All she knows is that the sexy warrior she meets has promised to keep her safe. The problem is, she doesn’t know if she can survive him.

Bödvar (Blue) Varangian never expected to have his ass handed to him by the saucy firecracker that barrels into him in the woods. Scared out of her mind, and just a bit moody, she’s now his responsibility. However, she doesn’t take kindly to him telling her what to do, even though she’s been thrust into a world of shifters and vampires and is obviously in way over her head. He knows her type, yet he can’t help wanting to tame her.  But his cravings run dark; something he suspects will have her running faster and farther than the threat she currently faces.

Can two people from two different worlds find a way to navigate their journey of friendship, love, and their darkest desires?

**PNR, SHIFTERS, HUNTERS, Light BDSM, +18 and over Multicultural/Interracial Romance**

The newest Arctic Wolves story will have you craving more. Tigris Eden’s world is full of some unique elements that add something extra to the story and the world is full of strong, fascinating characters draw readers in and refuse to let go.

Blue and Olivia compel readers to fall for them as they find themselves facing dangerous adversaries, prophecies and secrets that could destroy them all while trying to navigate their explosive chemistry and undeniable attraction. The story is full of red hot passion and some super sexy scenes that include light bdsm, and lots of emotional turbulence as Blue and Olivia, who are from two different worlds find themselves dealing with not only an attraction that threatens their self-control but a situation that keeps spiraling out of control that has readers empathizing with their situation.

The fast paced plot is full of adrenaline pumping danger and action that keeps readers glued to the pages and lots of surprising twists that keeps readers guessing throughout. The arctic wolves find themselves with more questions than answers while facing their enemies as more information is revealed with betrayals adding to the mayhem.

Tigris Eden does a great job of setting the scene and the mood which enables readers to really become caught up in the fascinating tale because they can pictures the events as they happen. I was getting quite impatient while waiting for this story but I must say that it was worth the wait and I can’t wait for the next book in the Arctic Wolves series.

Dire Cravings is the 2nd book in the Arctic Wolves Series.

Dire Cravings is available in ebook at:

Amazon   B&N   iBooks   GPlay   Kobo

Tigris Eden can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   BookBub   Facebook   Twitter   G+

review 2018-02-22 05:28
Charming
Cinderella and the Geek (British Bad Boys) - Christina Phillips

Harry and his partner run a successful gaming site.  Their assistant is leaving them for higher education.  How will they survive without her?

Alice has definitely found herself falling down the rabbit hole.  She has a thing for her boss, but rather than ruin what they have, she decides to go to school without telling him.  Then one day - he invites her to a ball.....

This is a rather sweet story which has rich characters I hope to see again.  Compelling from page one, I eagerly turned the pages.  These characters were meant to be together.  As things heat up, the pace picks up also.  I hope to see these MC's again in future installments in the British Bad Boys series.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publishers.

review 2018-02-22 02:48
Burning Girls by Veronica Schanoes
Burning Girls - Veronica Schanoes

*Enters room filled with cobwebs and dust*

Uh... hello? Is anyone still here? *Coughs from ball of dust*

Phew! It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and read anything. Life has not been kind to me. The beginning of 2018 was so peaceful and productive... for about two weeks. Then Hell came and slapped me in the face and I've been trying to get back on my feet ever since. And let me tell you, it has not been easy. However, I am back and I am ready to tackle my TBR head-on! With that said, I was able to read a short story which I enjoyed quite a bit.

Now, seeing as how it's been a while since I've read anything, I decided starting off with a short story to ease me back into reading was a good move to make. And I was right. I read Burning Girls from Tor.com and it was such a harrowing read. It follows a Jewish girl's life living in Poland where she faces discrimination from the Cossacks and how magic can be a double-edge sword for the young witch. This short story covers so many topics. From Jewish tradition to history to even mythology. I was intrigued by the story from the very start.

Schanoes's writing style is very crisp. Since her main character is rather blunt and cold-hearted, her writing showed that very same bluntness without ever becoming bland. She has an incredibly flowing writing style and I really am interested in reading more of her works in the future.

As for her characters, I felt that a lot of them didn't have enough time to develop into fully fledged beings. I suppose that's what happens sometimes with short stories. Her main character, Deborah, was the only one that actually showed any type of growth. Although she is someone I consider to be highly unlikeable, she does learn to empathize a little with those around her and learns not to judge as harshly as she did at the beginning of the story. Shayna, Deborah's sister, throughout most of the story acted like a petulant child, which annoyed me greatly. I did, however, enjoyed her transformation towards the end of it. Still, I wish I got to know these characters a bit more before reading the end of the story.

Speaking of the ending, wow. That was well done and fit well with the rest of the story. I liked how it grabs you and reminds you of the harshness of reality. Life is rough and you don't always get what you hoped for no matter how hard you try... and that sucks. Man, this story made me feel so many emotions!

In short, read this story. It's really good. I did have my problems with some of the characters but I did enjoy the magical and fairy tale elements. If you love learning about Jewish culture, fairy tales, and a bit of history, read this story. It's quite the harrowing, dark read, but a good one nonetheless.

text 2018-02-21 20:44
Very Little Reading...

is getting done this week and weekend around here, because this is one of those weeks where I am not destined to be at home much.

But there are very good reasons for it: A very short-notice work trip took me to London yesterday. Yay! And even better, the work commitments ended just after lunch, with my colleague asking if I had plans for the extra time before we had to catch our flight home.

Me? Plans? Of course, I have plans! Apparently, he didn't but he was happy to tag along to see Charlie and the Whale...

I had not been back to the Natural History Museum for a couple of years, and this was the first time since they changed out the dinosaur for the blue whale in Hintze Hall. It is huge. What a great idea to feature it in the main hall. It really let you get a sense of scale and perspective to see it stretching almost all along the main entrance.

We didn't have a lot of time, certainly not enough to look at anything in detail or wonder off in many of the specialist areas, but I did make a point of us saying Hi to Pickwick's great-great-great-grandma/pa.

I love this place.

text 2018-02-21 16:25
[Book Review] Bingo Love
Bingo Love OGN - Franklin W. Dixon Bingo Love OGN - Franklin W. Dixon
Bingo Love / Tee Franklin, Jenn St-Onge (ill), and Joy San (ill)

I... don't even know where to start summarizing this story or reviewing beyond this: you will cry.  This story brings all of the Feels and will rip out your heart.  And you will love it all the more for it.

Buy, read it, add it to your library, it's worth it.

From the publisher:
When Hazel Johnson and Mari McCray met at church bingo in 1963, it was love at first sight. Forced apart by their families and society, Hazel and Mari both married young men and had families. Decades later, now in their mid-’60s, Hazel and Mari reunite again at a church bingo hall. Realizing their love for each other is still alive, what these grandmothers do next takes absolute strength and courage. From TEE FRANKLIN (NAILBITER’s “THE OUTFIT,” Love is Love) and JENN ST-ONGE (Jem & The Misfits), BINGO LOVE is a touching story of love, family, and resiliency that spans over 60 years.

Advance Reader Copy courtesy of Image Comics in exchange for an honest review; changes may exist between galley and the final edition.
Source: libromancersapprentice.blogspot.com/2018/02/book-review-bingo-love.html