logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-04-25 18:54
#26 - Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham
Someday, Someday, Maybe - Lauren Graham

Lauren Graham is a woman of many talents. I am absolutely in love with her acting and now I’ve discovered she can also write really well. I’ve listened to the audiobook of Talking as Fast as I Can and I was totally in love with the book. So obviously, I had to read this one.

I also listened to the audiobook because it’s Lauren Graham herself reading it. And she is so good at it! I could picture everything she said in details, I was not distracted (which happens a lot with audiobook, English not being my mother tongue, sometimes my brain forgets to listen) and I could not stop listening to it.

The storyline is nothing really original (actually it is really similar to Lauren Graham’s life!) but it was told in a beautiful way. The different relationships of the main character are really authentic and I could easily relate to the characters.

I think she did an amazing job and I know that I have to read everything she writes in the future!

text 2018-04-25 15:02
BOOK REVIEW - Damaged Beyond All Recognition

Damaged Beyond All Recognition (Infinity's Trinity Book 1)

Alan Felyk

Print Length: 361 pages

Publisher: Alan Felyk; 1 edition (January 1, 2018)

Publication Date: January 1, 2018

Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC

ASIN: B077VJGJCD

Reviewed by Dr Wesley Britton

I admit it. Alan Felyk has an imagination I simply envy. The tag line for his new Damaged Beyond All Recognition is “Extending the literary traditions of Kurt Vonnegut and Douglas Adams ...”  Vonnegut, certainly. Adams, well, from time to time. It’s certainly true that this novel is going to appeal to readers who like high-minded humor laced into a complex, layered yarn.

Three unusual protagonists anchor the proceedings.  First, there’s Paul Tomenko who is a famous writer chronicling events in the counter-culture in Colorado in the late ‘60s and early ‘70s. Suddenly, he finds himself traveling to and from God's library somewhere outside the Universe. That’s the current God, the less than omnipotent being in a long chain of less than omnipotent beings.

For example, there’s no longer an afterlife for humanity to ascend to. Humans can no longer access memories from their past lives in previous versions of the Universe or acquire new memories. So who can replace God when he dies as he is coming very close to that point?

It’s Paul who has to find the solution to this dilemma with the help of his two lovers, the genius genetic Maggie Mae Monahan and the Sci-Fi novelist Allie Briarsworth who intuitively senses events from the past and future.

Paul’s brain creates some unusual supporting players like the gatekeeper to God’s archives who is a doppelganger for Cher and the very helpful librarian who is a doppelganger for actress Katharine Ross. Clearly, these women came from Paul’s unfulfilled carnal wishes. Toss in Gronk and Grita, two six-year-old neo-Neanderthals who are the most intelligent humans on Earth due to reconstructed DNA. Did I mention the story includes traveling across multiple planes of existence or a species of aliens who want to obliterate humanity so they can become the supreme creations of the cosmos?

Metaphysics have rarely been treated with such originality or irreverence. This is entertaining science fiction with a cerebral framework, lively tone, well-drawn characters (with overly restrained sex lives, sad to say), and the unexpected on nearly every page. You should probably make a point of not missing this one as you too might be a figment of Paul Tomenko’s imagination. Wait till you find out where you’ve been. Talk about a Big Bang . . .

This review first appeared at BookPleasures.com on April 24 at:

review 2018-04-25 10:00
New Release Review! Day Reaper (Night Bloods #4) Melody Johnson!
Day Reaper - Melody Johnson

On the brink of death, Cassidy DiRocco demands that New York City’s master of the supernatural, Dominic Lysander, transform her—reporter, Night Blood, sister, human—into the very creature she’s feared and fought against for months: a vampire. The pain is brutal, she'll risk the career she’s worked so hard to achieve, and her world will never be the same. But surviving is worth any risk, especially when it means gaining the strength to fight against Jillian Allister, the sister who betrayed Dominic, attacked Cassidy, and is leading a vampire uprising that will destroy all of New York City. . .

When she awakens, however, Cassidy realizes the cost of being transformed might be more than she was willing to sacrifice. The overwhelming senses, the foreign appearance of her new body, and the lethal craving for blood are unrecognizable and unacceptable. But if Cassidy hopes to right the irrevocable wrongs that Jillian and her army of the Damned have wrought on New York City, she’ll need to not only accept her new senses, body and cravings, but wield them in her favor.

Irresistible and enigmatic as Dominic is, he no longer has command over the city or its vampires. Only Cassidy has the connections to convince the humans, Day Reapers, and the few vampires still loyal to Dominic to join forces, and maybe, if Dominic can accept her rising power over the coven he once commanded for the past several hundred years, the two of them together might forge a bond more potent than history has ever known. . .

Day Reaper is full of exciting events and thrilling twists and turns that keeps readers on the edge of their seats along with some electrifying chemistry and sizzling attraction that heats up the pages. All of the characters are fascinating and have strong personalities which the author brings to full vibrant life which makes it easy for the reader to become caught up in their story. Cassidy and Dominic are especially charismatic and really hold readers hostage as they try to hold their world as well as their relationship together during a world that has fallen into chaos.

Anticipation continuously builds throughout the story with lots of twists and turns keeping readers on the edge of their seat as Cassidy and Dominic fight bad guys and try to rescue some characters who may or may not be on their side as well as dealing with betrayals and emotional turmoil that stems from choices being made and of course all of that adds to the chaos and turbulence of the events taking place.

Despite not having read all the books, I certainly enjoyed the thrilling and exciting conclusion to the Night Blood series from beginning to end and the events that take place in this story as well as the characters have really caught my attention and ensure that I will be reading the other books. This is the final book in the series, though, so I feel that I must strongly suggest that the four book series be read in sequential order because I felt as though I missed out on a few things and that the events leading up to these were extremely important, but I was able to understand what was taking place and why without having read them, I just feel it would have made the book even better.

Day Reaper is the 4th & final book in the Night Blood series.

Day Reaper is available in ebook at:

Amazon   Kobo   iBooks   GPlay   B&N

Melody Johnson can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter   BookBub

Original Publication Date: October 5, 2017

Heat Level: 4 - Lots of Sex

Pairing: Male/Male

Length: 80k words

Genre: Romance, Bisexual, Humor, Second Chance, Friends to Lovers, San Francisco, Office

Add to Goodreads

Synopsis:

Josh Sheehan is unlucky in love and now… newly unemployed. He’s not sure what to do next, but he’s sure he should give up on romance. Especially after last time. His friends warned him that falling for the hunky Irishman was a bad idea. Josh can’t help feeling torn even though he knows it’s best to move on. But when an unexpected dose of family drama blindsides him, Josh finds himself leaning on the one man he’s supposed to forget.

Finn Gallagher is driven by success. He makes no secret that building a name for his tech company is his number one goal. Finn left home a decade ago with a ton of regret, a heavy heart, and a vow to never repeat the same mistake twice. However, there is something undeniably appealing about the self-deprecating man with the silly sense of humor that makes it difficult for Finn to remember why falling for Josh is a bad idea. It soon becomes clear they’re both in deeper than they intended. There is no way to remain untouched. And there is so much to gain, if they’re brave enough to lean in.

Listen to an audio excerpt & purchase at Audible

Leaning Into Touch (Leaning Into, #4)Leaning Into Touch by Lane Hayes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is technically the 4th book in the series, though it is labeled as book #3 in the Leaning Into Stories series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To avoid spoilers and have a greater understanding of the series, I recommend reading these books in order.

Josh is unsure what he wants to do with his future, now that his current job is complete. He is trying to work this out as he runs into an ex that he has never really gotten over. Can he trust his feelings to try again with Finn, even though he is a mess about the rest of his life?

Finn never wanted to say goodbye in the past to Josh. Running into him repeatedly lately feels like fate taking a hand. Can he convince the skittish man to give him another chance?

This story just stole my heart. These characters so obviously belong together. I loved the very real heartache they expressed. I also felt the heat with the sexy times. Really good read and addition to the series. The narrator did an amazing job on the different voices, where you can tell each character apart. Was a great experience, as the different accents, and inflections were very heartfelt.

***This copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Meet the Author:

Lane Hayes is grateful to finally be doing what she loves best. Writing full-time! It’s no secret Lane loves a good romance novel. An avid reader from an early age, she has always been drawn to well-told love story with beautifully written characters. These days she prefers the leading roles to both be men. Lane discovered the M/M genre a few years ago and was instantly hooked. Her debut novel was a 2013 Rainbow Award finalist and subsequent books have received Honorable Mentions, and were winners in the 2016 Rainbow Awards. She loves red wine, chocolate and travel (in no particular order). Lane lives in Southern California with her amazing husband in a newly empty nest.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Meet the Narrator:

Nick is an award winning narrator with a fan following for his work in fiction, specifically in the romance genre. His performances in two of Amy Lane’s books, Beneath the Stain and Christmas Kitsch, made him the recipient of Sinfully M/M Book Review’s Narrator of the Year – 2015. When he’s not in the booth, Nick enjoys spending time with his wife, Jessica, and kids, (aka their beagle Frank and cat Stella), drumming in his cover band, exploring rural back roads with his wife on his motorcycle, or being enthralled in a tabletop role playing game with his friends.

Facebook | Twitter

Giveaway:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Blog Button 2

Save Save Save Save Save Save

review 2018-04-25 05:26
Hide
The Hardest Fall - Ella Maise

Zoe & Dylan meet, then don't see one another for some time.  When they next meet, it is more of a formality.  Each has made an impression on the other.  College is hard enough without complications.  How to find another student?

Dylan is hoping to find Zoe.  Then one day, there she is.  He has been attracted since the very first time they met.  Finally, he can get to know her like he planned.  Only there are problems, pasts, and pain that might just get in the way first.

Such an incredible story.  I was captivated almost right away.  Hard to put down, I was eagerly reading each page.  The characters had obvious chemistry.  It was also clear right from the start they had more to offer one another.  Their story was lovely.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!