This is my second Megalodon thriller. It is my favorite prehistoric creature, by far. Sea life fascinates me, and it scares the pee out of me too. I'm convinced people aren't supposed to venture into the deep.
So I thought I would share some basic Megalodon facts.
1. They topped out at about 70 feet, but that's only based on teeth sizes. Who knows how big they really got.
2. Their teeth are about 6-7 inches long. I have one that's 4 inches long, so it came from a juvenile. This pic compares them to a Great White tooth.
3. Despite how everyone thinks they are just big Great Whites, genetically they aren't closely related at all.
4. If a Megalodon had existed in the time of man, we would never have been able to explore the oceans. The shark was so massive it would have destroyed any ship we put in the water.
5. They have a bite force strong enough to rip a whalers head off.
6. They fed on whales or scavenged. They had to eat their body weight in food every day.
7. They swam in warm, shallow oceans.
And there you have the basics!
Also, this story isn't as gripping as Hotel Megalodon. But I think they're bringing in another awesome sea creatures. An ancient, highly aggressive whale that actually fought with the meg.