logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 2017-off-train
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-11-08 17:50
Dirty Mind
Dirty Mind - Roe Horvat

I have to say, I was not expecting this AT ALL!

Still in such awe over this story and this beautiful writing style. I am not sure if it was the cover or the blurb but this is not at all what I expected to get when I started this book. This was just amazing.

As I was when I finished "The Layover", I am just in a daze and unable to put into words properly my feelings on this book. It is a must read.

I am so anxious for the next story in this "series" and hear it will be full of angst. Bring it Roe.

review 2017-11-01 17:55
Soul Searching
Soul Searching - AJ Rose

Wow...I am not sure I expected this level of paranormal and ultimate scare factor in this book.  While the sex was light, the relationship development and overall paranormal activities depicted here were not.  This was pretty damn awesome.

“A wraith is not a demon, but you must understand, they are dangerous. Wraiths were once human, but their anger has grown to rage, and in the afterlife, they become something else, something less than human. They are consumed by negativity. They feed on it, crave it, and internalise it to use it for their own ends. Most wraiths were wronged in life in some way, and they seek revenge. Usually they are victims of violence, and their sense of injustice tethers them to this world after they’ve passed on. They cannot continue their spiritual journey, so they remain, becoming something other in their misery."

This bastard is something else.

Overall just the perfect Halloween read, or really anytime you need the hairs on your arm to stand on end.

**Highly Recommended**

review 2017-10-08 00:33
A Call to Arms
A Call to Arms - SaJa H.,Shiriluna Nott

Absolutely loved this Harry Potterish tale and looking forward to its continuation as these sweet characters continue to grow. Still much to learn about who threatens the throne. The cast of characters are so memorable and captivating. Just wish I had a family tree to keep them all straight. Lol

review 2017-09-26 17:35
Crescendo
Crescendo (Song of the Fallen) (Volume 2) - Rachel Haimowitz

This was amazing...but my heavens, an entire book was missing between the last 2 Chapters.

I mean...

...surely we will get THAT "chapter".  For goodness sakes.

Now aside from that aspect, this was absolutely breathtaking, equally stressful and even painful at times.  So many heartbreaking moments depicted with some of the most beautiful writing I have read.  I was kinda a mess the entire book. But it was so worth it.

*Highly Recommended*

Now let me stalk the author for more.  *grumbles*

review 2017-09-22 18:28
We Met in Dreams
We Met in Dreams - Rowan McAllister

“Yesterday in the park, I was feeling quite sorry for myself. I sat on that bench for a long time, trying to dredge up the strength to return to my empty apartments. Then an angel dropped in my lap, invited me to tea, and kissed me, and ever since I’ve been struggling to believe my luck. I feel as if I’m in a dream, and at any moment, I’ll wake broken and alone again.”

This book is the perfect blend of paranormal, mystery, historical fiction and romance.  Just an absolutely beautiful story that kept me on the edge of my seat; kept me continuously wondering who to trust, what to believe and how this would end.  And none of it was as I suspected which made the journey that much better.

I adored both these beautiful men and how they each became the angel the other needed to see through their darkness and see light and happiness awaiting them with each other.

And the visual descriptions of this manor, the period dress and the glimpses into London were perfectly captured for me. I was left mezmerized.

Thanks Marco for the recommendation...truly one to follow.