logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-01-15 01:53
Quick read with some action, steam, and a lot of love
Game On - Ciana Stone

This was a quick read. There was quick attraction, danger, friends, family, love throughout the pages. Dillon wanted to be left alone, but his family would not leave him be. Josie was hired to protect him, but they had to play at being in love. It took no time for the steam to rise and the two of them to want more. The end had me holding my breath, hoping there would be an HEA, as this couple were cute together with the banter. I would have liked a longer, more detailed story, but this was still a good story.

I received an ARC through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2019-01-11 17:52
Book Review for Havoc Tattoo and Ties M/M MC Romance Series by Kindle Alexander

Title: Havoc
Series: Tattoos & Ties #1
Author: Kindle Alexander
Genre: M/M MC Romance
Release Date: November 27, 2018
Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Arc copy provided for honest review
5 amazing stars from us

Keyes Dixon’s life is challenging enough as a full patch member of the Disciples of Havoc Motorcycle Club but being a gay biker leaves him traveling down one tough road. With an abusive past and his vow to the club cementing his future, he doesn’t believe in love and steers clear of commitment. But a midnight ride leads to a chance meeting with a sexy pretty-boy in a wicked hot sports car that has him going down quicker than a Harley on ice.

Cocky Assistant District Attorney Alec Pierce lives in the shadow of his politically connected family. A life of privilege doesn’t equal a life of love, a fact made obvious at every family gathering. Driven yet lonely, Alec yields to his family’s demands for his career path, hoping for the acceptance he craves. Until he meets a gorgeous biker who tips the scales in the favor of truth…and he can no longer live a lie.

Can two men from completely different worlds…and sides of the law…find common ground, or will all their desires only wreak Havoc?

Let's start off by saying that this is a new author for us and we really enjoyed out first read by them however,I hate cliffhangers and this current story had a big one.

I really enjoyed this story as it revolved around a couple who were highly attracted to one another but, completely different in more ways than one. I however, loved that none of this seem to matter to either of them especially Alec who was currently acting a a DA in there current town.

Alec and Key had amazing chemistry some would  say explosive even a both neither knowing to come to terms with such attraction or how they were feeling but, something definitely worth exploring.

Alec is a rich boy,and attorney at law and super sexy and attracted to bad boys.We found him to be,handsome,sexy,hot,compassionate,caring,had a sense of humor, smart and was understanding and patient and had a clever mind.

I loved Alec from the onset in the story as Alec was one of those down to earth kind of guys.I loved that even though he was rich and his home and possessions showed that he never flaunted his wealth or acted superior because of that fact and never made Key feel inferior because of his upbringing or blue collar ways.I really loved Alec's sense of humor he made me laugh constantly throughout the story.

Key was one sexy hot man! I loved him from the onset of the story too! I loved that bad boy vibe he had going on those sexy muscles,that he was a little socially awkward but, overall just a great guy who needed the right person to bring him out of his shell.Being a gay and a biker and having a non excepting father of your sexuality didn't help his self esteem but, that is something Alec is changing for him by just being with him as Alec see's the good in him and always makes him feel at ease when they are together.

This story was hot hot hot! I thought that Alec and Key made a great couple and I love how they were when they were together and their chemistry was off the charts.I loved those super sexy love scenes in and out of bed as they we super hot and I loved how carefree they were with each other when they were together .

I loved the story it was sweet and made you laugh had some club drama and suspense and had amazing characters for us to fall in love with.This one one of those romance reads that made you feel good and were rooting for this couple to fall in love and make it work even with all those outside complications they are going to have to address sooner or later.

I have to say Alec and Key have moved up on my list of my favorite same sex couples for 2018. I really really loved them together as a couple and will continue rooting for them in the next release to find their happily ever after because these two truly belong together.

I was engaged and engrossed in the story from the onset and remained that way to the very end.This one goes into the keeper pile to be read time and time again.

Recommended read to all who love M and M romance reads!

Best Selling Author Kindle Alexander is an innovative writer, and a genre-crosser who writes classic fantasy, romance, suspense, and erotica in both the male/male and male/female genres. It's always a surprise to see what's coming next!

I live in the suburbs of Dallas where it's true, the only thing bigger than an over active imagination, may be women's hair!
Usually, I try for funny. Humor is a major part of my life - I love to laugh, and it seems to be the thing I do in most situations - regardless of the situation, but jokes are a tricky deal... I don't want to offend anyone and jokes tend to offend. So instead I'm going to tell you about Kindle.

I tragically lost my sixteen year old daughter to a drunk driver. She had just been at home, it was early in the night and I heard the accident happen. I'll never forget that moment. The sirens were immediate and something inside me just knew. I left my house, drove straight to the accident on nothing more than instinct. I got to be there when my little girl died - weirdly, I consider that a true gift from above. She didn't have to be alone.

That time in my life was terrible. It's everything you think it would be times about a billion. I love that kid. I loved being her mother and I loved watching her grow into this incredibly beautiful person, both inside and out. She was such a gift to me. To have it all ripped away so suddenly broke me.

Her name was Kindle. Honest to goodness - it was her name and she died a few weeks before Amazon released their brand new Kindle ereader. She had no idea it was coming out and she would have finally gotten her name on something! Try finding a ruler with the name Kindle on it.. It never happened.

Through the course of that crippling event I was lucky enough to begin to write with a dear friend in the fan fiction world of Facebook. She got me through those dark days with her unwavering support and friendship. There wasn't a time she wasn't there for me. Sometimes together and sometimes by myself, we built a world where Kindle lives and stands for peace, love and harmony. It's its own kind of support group. I know without question I wouldn't be here today without her.

Find out more by visiting www.kindlealexander.com or email me at kindle@kindlealexander.com

review 2019-01-10 00:55

• Publication Date: January 10, 2019
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B07JDFCL18

Today we are celebrating the release of BITTER SWEET HELL by Alex Grayson. BITTER SWEET HELL is the second title in the Hell Night Series and it is available now for a limited time in KindleUnlimited

----------------
PURCHASE YOUR COPY NOW:
Available in KindleUnlimited for a LIMITED TIME!

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

BITTER SWEET HELL (Hell Night Series, #2)

Available Now!

The Hell Night Series continues with JW's story! A sexy sheriff and the gypsy girl that demands his attention.

ABOUT THE BOOK:

As the Sheriff of Malus, Texas, JW takes his oath to protect its citizens very seriously. Born from a ugly past, he swears no child, woman, or man will ever endure what he and his brothers have. As he seeks retribution of the ones who wronged him, his past and his present finally collide. Secrets are laid open. Ones that are so heinous, they’ll rock the very foundation of JW’s life.

When Eden blazes into town, hot with her own threatening troubles baring down on her, JW steps in as her protector. It’s not only his duty, but a need he can’t ignore. The chemistry between the two is instant and all too tempting.

>Giving in was easy, but the consequences were high.

Little does JW know, the disturbing destruction that would rain down on Malus and its people by getting involved with the red-headed gypsy.

Danger lurks just around the corner—it’s dark, terrifying, and malicious.

JW is bitter because of his gruesome past. Eden is sweet despite hers. Together, will they create a beautiful future, or will it all end in bitter sweet hell?

I am a big fan of this authors books the more of them I read the more I fall in love with this authors books and each and every book we have read so far has been fantastic!Bitter Sweet Hell Was an awesome story that shook me to the core until the very end.

I have really read some very Dark Romance books in my time but, this story is the darkest to date.I have to say that the story had me on edge the entire time and it also made me uncomfortable ,make me shake,made me grieve,brought tears to my eyes time and time again.

The story effected you emotionally it was impossible not to.This story was one of those stories that had you engrossed and enmeshed in this suspenseful story.This story gripped my heart and was so heart wrenching at times that I thought if I was not going to be able to finish the book out.

I always pick a favorite character and this time around mine is going to be JW. I loved his character from the onset of the story as I loved his protectiveness, his bossy attitude and his sexy smile but, most of all loved that he was able to move beyond his past although it will never be forgotten and how much he suffered.

We loved Eden as well she fit JW perfectly she was the Light to his Dark.I loved the nickname he gave her of Gypsy because that was my first impression of her also as well as fit her personality .

We have to say that well loved all the other characters as well especially those hardened broken men who think they are so broken that they deserve to be alone.My heart went out to each and every of those men for the all suffered from.

This story had us on one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride with all that suspense both present and past and also for the tragedies both past and present.I can't even talk about Hell Night because it makes me sick and brings me pain.

The romance between JW and Eden was super hot! Playful as well as sweet.What I loved most about the connection these two forged is that she was the perfect balm to his tortured soul.

Overall a superb suspense Dark Romance read that took you on one heck of a ride and it was so emotional,touching,gripping and heart wrenching that you could not help be engrossed in this tragic story to the very end.I will say that the story stayed with me hours after finish reading it and even effected by dreams that night and not in a good way.

We loved the thrilling ride!

I need to go back and read book one with Troubles story because I need to see how all these broken men find their happily ever afters now....

Personal note- This story is not for the faint of heart and not for individuals that have triggers when it comes to excessive violence and rape victims.This story was tragic and effected men women and children.I do not recommend reading this story at night time.

Add the book to your TBR Pile

PURCHASE YOUR COPY NOW:

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

--------------------

CLICK HERE to enter to win the RELEASE GIVEAWAY!

Excerpt:

AFTER LEAVING REMI AND GRACE at their places, which were on our way to Judge’s, we walk up the steps to Judge and Jenny’s house. All of Judge’s women have a place of their own. Most times, he’s with one of them, but every so often, he’ll stay in his renovated childhood home. When my brothers and I came back to town ten years ago, we all had our homes gutted and refurbished, not wanting anything from our pasts to invade our futures.
Eden stops at the screen door and turns to face me.
“Thanks for walking me home.”
Those metal bracelets she’s always wearing clink together as she grabs her braid and twirls the end around her finger.
“It was my pleasure.” I take the end of her braid from her hand and finger the strands myself. “You should go without the scarf more often. Your hair is gorgeous.”
Her eyelids lower and her tongue darts out to swipe her bottom lip, tempting me to run my tongue along the same path and lick away the moisture she left behind.
Her voice drops when she speaks again. “It’s a pain to take care of. I’ve been thinking about cutting it off.”
“No,” I growl before I can stop myself. Her brows shoot up, so I soften my tone. “It’d be a sin to cut off all this stunning hair.”
She smirks. “I highly doubt God would fault me for cutting my hair.”
“You’re probably right. Let me rephrase. It would be an utter shame.”
I step closer to her, my fingers still gripping her braid. I wrap it around my fist. She moves back a step and her ass meets the screen door. I twist the braid a couple more times.
“What are you doing?” she whispers, her eyes darkening to an emerald green.
I close the remaining gap between us. “Showing you the benefits of not cutting your hair.”
Pulling gently on her braid until her head tips back, I dip down until my lips graze hers. They’re soft and sweet. So much fucking better than I imagined.
Her mouth opens when she releases a breathy moan, and I take advantage, sweeping my tongue inside to explore better. My cock swells against the zipper of my jeans, and I want nothing more than to hoist her up and grind myself against her warm center. Preferably with her skirt lifted. Would she be bare beneath her skirt or would she have on a pair of cute little panties? Either would work for me.
Her small hands grip my shirt at my sides, and I wonder if she’s going to push me away or pull me closer. I’d stop if she wanted me to, but I really fucking hope she doesn’t.
When her grip tugs me closer and her tongue shyly meets mine, I groan in relief. I shift closer and encircle my arm around her waist, pressing her flush against me. My dick both weeps and rejoices at the intimate contact. Leaving her delicious lips behind, I trail wet kisses down the side of her neck. The unique flavor of her skin is addicting, like heroine to a druggy.
“Want to know why I don’t want you to cut your hair?” I murmur against her neck.
Her head tips back until it thumps against the door. “Why?” she breathes.
I nip the flesh where her neck meets her shoulder.
“Because I want to feel it trailing over my chest as you ride my cock.”
She shudders out a breath, her nails digging into my sides. I nudge away the thin material of her shirt on her shoulder with my chin and run my tongue and lips over the exposed skin.
“I also want to wrap it around my fist and use it to tug you back as I fuck you from behind. I bet your pussy would strangle my cock when I do that, wouldn’t it?”
Instead of answering verbally, she nods and presses her hips hard against mine. I wedge one of my legs between hers and press my thigh into her core. Surprise and pleasure force a growl from my lips when she wraps her calf around my leg and digs her pussy onto my thigh.
I’m fucking dying. Dying to flip her around, toss up her skirt, and give us the pleasure we both crave. I’m dying to drop to my knees and lick up every drop I know her body has produced. I’m Goddamn dying to have her delectable lips surround my cock and have her suck until she drains me. I’d grip her long hair and help guide her to the finish line.
A throat clearing behind us has Eden stiffening in my arms. I don’t give a fuck who it is, I want to kill them. Eden lifts her head from the door and peers over my shoulder at the unwanted and untimely intruder. My grip on her hair tightens for a fraction of a second before I let her go. Red tints her cheeks, but I’m not sure if it’s from what we were just doing or being caught by Judge and Jenny. Her eyes shoot to me, and she gently presses against my chest. I take a step back, missing her body against mine the second it’s gone.
“Sorry!” Jenny squeaks from behind us.
I shoot Judge a glare over my shoulder. The bastard has the audacity to raise an eyebrow, like he doesn’t care what he just interrupted. He meanders up the fucking stairs, as if cock-blocking me is an everyday occurrence, his hand entwined with Jenny’s, pulling her behind him. At least she has the sense to look embarrassed and regretful for the interruption.
I step back from Eden and pull her to the side, so the two can go inside.
“Payback’s a bitch,” I inform Judge in low tones as he opens the screen door.
“This was payback. For the time you interrupted Layla and me in the back of The Hill.”
“Fucker,” I mutter, because he’s right. That shit was hilarious at the time. It’s not so funny now.
He laughs and lets the screen door slam behind him. “No fucking on my porch,” he calls out.
---------------

Purchase the Other Books in the Series

Purchase it Now

Pre-order it Now (Coming April 4)

Add the book to Goodreads

-------------------------

AUTHOR INFORMATION:

Alex Grayson is the bestselling author of heart pounding, emotionally gripping contemporary romances including the Jaded Series, the Consumed Series, and three standalone novels. Her passion for books was reignited by a gift from her sister-in-law. After spending several years as a devoted reader and blogger, Alex decided to write and independently publish her first novel in 2014 (an endeavor that took a little longer than expected). The rest, as they say, is history.

Originally a southern girl, Alex now lives in Ohio with her husband, two children, two cats and dog. She loves the color blue, homemade lasagna, casually browsing real estate, and interacting with her readers. Visit her website, www.alexgraysonbooks.com, or find her on social media!

AUTHOR LINKS:

text 2019-01-09 18:06
Our Book Reads for Last Week starting off 2019 with a Bang !

Book Review Link Get you Some

Series: Deathstalkers MC
Author: Alexis Noelle
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: October 15, 2018
Arc provided for honest review
Thoughts by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews

Sheltered. Naive. And completely clueless.
Mary is everything I shouldn't want.
I like them fun, crazy, ready & willing.

She’s pure, innocent, and fears us all.
But there's something there,
Something brewing...

We all know the truth,
A secret that could destroy her,
A fact that she's got a damn right to know.

But when she does,
The sweet little thing just might be ready for a crazy ride,
A ride with me, on the wild side a life,
A ride that will damn near start an all-out war,
Anarchy all over again.

I have to say that I am really struggling with this series as the series started out with a bang as the first couple of books were heart wrenching ,hot,and  suspenseful with wonderful characters.

I have to ask myself what happen to this story.This story was emotionless, boring, lacking any real romance and if being honest almost identical  to Lucy's story who also happens to be her Aunt.

Although this story is a work of fiction the plot for me needs to be believable in some form.

For me I can't even say that I liked the characters and I am not saying that I disliked them but, the fact is that we were not even given the chance to even get to know them.

Major Spoilers ahead!!!!

My main reasons for disliking this story.

One I understand instant attraction and feeling a intense connection to another even if you just met.What I don't believe is that Emma is already head of heels in love with Mikey.I totally believe she had a connection and feelings for the guy but, my problem stems from the fact that this girl grew up in a cult full of restrictions and had someone who controlled her entire life from the day she was born but, her actions portrayed in this story you would have never known she grew up this way.Would a person who grew up this way be afraid, sacred,skid dish ? You would think right? Not Emma! she was fitting into this new way of life that was 100 percent turn around from anything you could even imagine.The author had Emma enmeshed right in club life right from the get go going to a club party that happen to be a patch party to? Seriously ? A patch party who happens to be for Mikey's who she likes...We all know what goes on in those parties and I find it unbelievable that you would introduce a sheltered virgin this way trying to ease her into her new life after only one day of arriving.Not believable in my book not only that where was her Aunt's protective instincts in all this?

Emma over hears something distributing and just bolts from the club knowing full well people would be looking for her .This whole situation was just childlessness on her part , Now she is afraid of the club and its members? Emma's wondering if their dangerous or even good people ,Seriously? your already in love with one of them after two weeks and now you question your judgment? Seriously? again!

Another thing is that Emma spends a week at a purity house before her marriage is to take place once leaving she is told her entire family is dead and the man you were going to marry is dead too all within the week your away from them.She never questioned any of this or even questioned if any of this was a lie or was really true she just took it at face value.You had 16 siblings as well as a father and his wives and their all dead.All of them?

The Prophet stated that you were going to become his wife..... and you just turned him down....Right before entering the purity house ? See where I am going with this ......

Questions Questions Questions

Where was the romance or getting to know each other? Two dates and two weeks and your both in love ? Novella or not it has to have substance!

Last but not least you can just imagine what happened next because of her foolishness and nativity of leaving the clubs protection and then you go through a horrendous experience that most never would recover from she wakes and tells Mikey she loves him and life goes on like nothing happened.Seriously ?

Omg ! really where was the healing part? Emma acted like she wasn't tortured or even raped or had gone through and experience that just changed your life forever.

We will chalk it up to just not this book being my cup of tea.

Final thoughts

I hate not liking a book I am reading and I know that we can't love them all but, unfortunately I could not find one thing I liked about this story.And I am disappointed to as it happens to be part of on ongoing series but, for me we basically already read this story that was Lucy's but, that story  at least had depth,romance,suspense and was heart wrenching and we experienced her healing process and how she dealt with it and it touched our emotions or heart like a story should.

My thoughts here are not about bashing a authors work as I have a greatest respect for the time and energy and the hours it takes a write a story for us to love.I wasn't even going to put my thoughts down as I don't like leaving negative reviews as its not my style I just rate it and leave it a that but, I realized that this novella was 3.99 for only 80 pages and had this not been an arc to review but a paying customer I would have not been a happy customer not only that I would not have paid 3.99 for a novella only 80 pages even if it was part of a series I am currently reading . For 3.99 novella only 80 pages I should have be wowed or it should have me saying OMG ! what and awesome story. I personally would have waited for a sale to arrive.

For me this MC gene is one of the top genes out there and millions of people are reading it and it is filled with so many amazing authors.That being said I think that a author needs to keep that in mind when writing their own stories and they need to compete with them to sell their work and not just through a book together and call it a novella.I have no problem with them as not all characters need full stories but, they have to have some sort of substance to them for us to enjoy them.

No matter how many MC books you read and how different they can be from one book to the next their are always things that stay the same with what goes on in a club and how it is run.The whores are part of club life ( sex sex sex and more sex and public fuc**** ) club business stays club business, your word and loyalty are your bond, your brothers are your family and you protect your women at all cost(well the majority of them) and so forth.What I am getting at is that I have read over 800 mc novels and like me and like the others that have read them there is always guidelines on how a club is run and what goes on within its walls and things we have come to expect whether you run your club clean or dirty when reading a mc romance.Your stories need to be believable to an extent although they are  fiction they need to make some sort of sense and be plausible.This is why I had so many problems with reading this story as it was just TOO unbelieve-able  for me to enjoy it.

For me to enjoy a story it has to have characters for us to love or a least like,have a great cast of characters, connect with the character or character's to a point,laugh,cry or feel emotion and have a great romance story between the couple the hotter the better but, if its pure and endearing and not earth shattering that okay too and it needs to be some what believable make sense and be plausible.Better yet create a story that we will want to read over and over again.

2 stars

Alexis Noelle lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with three kids. On top a writing career, she is a full-time student and a full-time mom. She loves spending time with her kids, although she has to hide the computer from them when she is writing! She love being active and being outdoors, especially if it involves any kind of shopping. She has always been passionate about writing. She loves to read romance books and feels like being able to lose yourself in a book is one of the more exciting aspects. The books she loves to read and write will be ones that make you feel for the characters. Ashley believes that you should have an opinion on every character in a book whether you love them, hate them, or think they are up to something.She also believes that the most important critic is your reader, so she loves to hear from the readers. She want her fans to be open & talk to her about what they want for the characters in the story, and what they would like to see happen.