logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
text 2017-09-24 00:58
Book Blitz & Giveaway for PROPHESY by A.E. Via

PROPHESY

by A.E. Via The King & Alpha, #1 Publication Date: September 23, 2017 Genres: Adult, M/M, Romance, Paranormal

NEW RELEASE!

SYNOPSIS:

An Enemies to Lovers Shifter, Vampire True Mates story.
Justice Volkov is the youngest Alpha Zenith to ever lead the wolf shifters. Following in his father’s large paw prints was a responsibility he met head on. Now at age thirty-three, he is alpha of the alphas. As a direct descendant of the original Siberian pack, his wolf is bigger and stronger than Justice, himself is sometimes able to control.
“His wolf howled long and hard but Justice kept it inside. It felt like a bass drum beating against his rib cage. The harsh breaths, angry snarls and the determined pacing inside him was overtaking him. All the while… his mate kept calling.”
Justice takes his role of leadership and his legacy very seriously. He has little time for romance, not to mention a true mate. His packs are his priority. With a human government trying to regulate them, an uprising of rogue shifters, and a violent team of scientists trying to experiment on them, Justice has his hands way too full.
Chadwick ‘Wick’ Bentley is not enthusiastic when the captain of his escort tells him he has to leave his comfortable London home and go back to the States. As the Vampire King, he has no choice but to get his species back in line before they cause anymore chaos. At over two-hundred years old, Wick is no one to trifle with, but his smooth, charismatic manner makes him quite unique, despite the negative reputation vampires have. Wick has had nothing but time up to this point. He doesn’t feel the need to make issues pressing. Nothing is urgent in his life. Until he meets Justice. His beloved.
“Natural enemies can’t be mates.” Or so Justice thought. He knows his skepticism and rejection is hurting his mate, so while he fights their connection, Wick gets help from a source very close to Justice to help him win his beloved’s heart. Wick is a force all on his own, but when he’s blessed with a special gift from the Mother herself, not even Justice’s powerful wolf can prevent the prophesy from being fulfilled.
This story DOES NOT contain/mention MPREG. No multiple pairings. It does not end on a cliffhanger and has an HEA.
Warning: This book is MM paranormal: If you DO NOT like hot, alpha men shifting into large wolves, or vampires feeding from their mates, this may not be your read.
goodreads-badge-add-38px

SNEAK PEAK - EXCERPT

His animal growled and snarled inside him. Justice grunted and cursed while he fought to keep his wolf under control. What was wrong with him? What the hell was coming? He could feel it as sure as he could feel his beating heart, his racing pulse and his mighty wolf trying to get out and explore. He’d never had to reign in his animal so fiercely. Justice was finally able to open his eyes, not realizing they were squeezed shut in concentration.
“Justice! You’re forcing a lot of power, man.” Mac’s strong voice cut over the incessant presence trying to reach his mind.
Justice growled again. Something’s in my head. “Clear the room.” Justice’s voice was strained, spitting his words through clenched teeth. His wolf was clawing at him, ripping him apart, wanting out.
“Justice you’re scaring me. I can feel you fighting.”
He could hear his baby sister begging but he couldn’t focus on his siblings when he was barely keeping himself together. It had to be the Vampire King doing something to him. If Justice shifted and went crazy right here in a police headquarters, only the heavens knew what would happen to his people. “Get my family out of here.” Justice grabbed Alek’s arm in an authoritative grip. “Everyone. Out. Now.”
“We’re your betas. We won’t leave you, Justice,” Taleb snarled, looking in the same direction as Justice.
“Alek!” Justice thundered. He needed him to act for him.
“You heard your Alpha, Taleb. Warren, get them in the RV and back on the Humboldt pack lands now! Protect them with your lives,” Alek barked to the enforcers, who immediately began to shuffle Justice’s sister and his younger brothers out of the room and to the safety of their vehicle. Alek watched them down the hall until they turned out of view. His brother looked up and down the corridor before dipping back inside the room and locking the door.
“I think the Vampire King just turned the corner. Is it him doing this to you? I’ll kill him right now,” Alek growled.
“No!” Justice’s voice was sharper and stronger than he intended. He was still leaning hard against the wall farthest from the door for support, holding both clenched fists against his chest as if that alone could keep his wolf from bursting free. Justice closed his eyes and tried to center himself. He needed to breathe, relax. But with each second, the feelings intensified, an all-encompassing entity in his head.
“I can feel you too.”
“Oh shit. Was that you, Alek?” Justice grabbed his brother’s arm and yanked him to face him. “Did you just speak to me?”
“What? No? I am speaking to you now. Justice, goddamnit! You’re pushing too much energy.” Alek released a pained grunt. His brother looked like he wanted to break the window behind them and just get them the hell out of there. He’d never seen Justice behave this way, so out of control, and wasn’t sure what he was about to be faced with, but knew he may have to fight it alone because Justice was in a complete state of disorder.
It was an accented, smooth voice. “Something. Someone just said—” Then he smelled it. That faint, delicious scent that appeared last night was back, only it wasn’t diluted by nature’s elements. This time it was full strength, concentrated, and like nothing he’d ever smelled before. Impressive and so damn compelling. Justice’s thick cock pushed against his loose jeans and his wolf howled inside him, fighting to break free. His animal was so strong. Justice gritted his teeth together and hung on. Oh, Mother… please. Can’t… it just can’t. Justice heard footsteps right outside the door and his body began to shake from effort.
“Justice,” Alek warned. “You gotta tell me what’s going on, brother, so I can help you.”
How the hell was he supposed to explain this?
Justice saw the knob jiggle for a second before it was completely ripped from the door. Neither he nor Alek flinched at the show of strength. They had strength of their own. Justice thought dozens of vampires would storm the room, but only two walked in and Justice knew exactly which one was in his head. The Vampire King. The sexy, beautiful one. But how?

ABOUT A.E. VIA

A.E. Via has been a best-selling author in the beautiful gay romance genre for four years now, but she’s no stranger to MM. She’s been an avid reader of LGBTQ Romance for over fifteen years before she picked up her laptop to place her own kiss on this genre. She’s also the founder and owner of Via Star Wings Books, having published a couple great new up and coming MM authors.
A.E. has a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice from Virginia Wesleyan College that she used to start her own paralegal firm after she graduated in 2008. She spent five years preparing and filing bankruptcy petitions for struggling blue collar workers who couldn’t afford to file with a lawyer. It was a rewarding and satisfying career… but another path called to her. Writing.
A.E.’s writing embodies everything from hopelessly romantic to adventure, to scandalous. Stories that often include intriguing edges and twists that take readers to new, thought-provoking depths.
Now that she’s gotten over her 10 books published hump, she’s kind of known now for her hardcore, play rough and love hard, bad boy, alphas. However, she does like to push herself to step out of her comfort zone, exploring with different tropes, but she won’t push herself into a whole other genre. She’s head over heels for MM romance and has tons of more hot stories to tell.
Be sure to visit Adrienne on her social media pages and subscribe to her newsletter to never miss another release date! Go to A.E. Via’s official website http://authoraevia.com for more detailed information on how to contact her, follow her, or a sneak peak on upcoming work, free reads, VSWB submissions, and where she’ll appear next.

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY

review 2017-09-22 22:34
Review for Tripped Out by Lorelei James

• Tripped out by Lorelei James
  • File Size: 383 KB
  • Print Length: 120 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated (September 12, 2017)
  • Publication Date: September 12, 2017
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B01N7HR5MK
  • Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
  • Arc Copy provided for honest review

About TRIPPED OUT:

Where there’s smoke…

Stirling Gradsky abandoned the corporate rat race for a more laidback lifestyle. So it’s ironic she’s stuck working with a hard-bodied, know-it-all scientist who treats her like a stoner instead of a stone cold business woman capable of running a large scale cannabis operation. Dr. Hot and Tattooed with the big…brain needs to stop sampling their product; he’s under the half-baked idea that he’s the boss.

Dr. Liam Argent’s doctorate isn’t in chemistry, but from the moment he meets his sexy new coworker, there’s enough heat between them to short out all the lights in the grow house. First item on his agenda? Clearing up the sassy, blunt blonde’s hazy notion that she’s in charge.

Sparks fly as their attraction blazes. But can they weed out their differences without getting burned?

Grab your copy of TRIPPED OUT today!

Amazon | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada | Amazon AU

Download the Free Kindle App

I have to say that this is one of my favorite authors and she never seems to disappoint. Omg ! from the onset of the story she had me laughing out loud.I have to say that I laughed through the entire story and after the week I had a needed those laughs and this was the  perfect story to do just that.A great quick read with a great cast of characters.

I have to say that I really loved the main characters Stirling and Liam from the onset of the story.They were both hilarious.I loved their teasing the back and forth banter their pranks that they play on one another and also the animosity that they had for one another at the beginning but not in a mean or threating way.Underneath the disguise they really liked one another and you just new it was really just a smoke screen as they were really attracted to one another.

I have to say that the plot of the story was so new and refreshing and different and I think for me it just made it a bit more fun.Two really smart and intelligent people have really serious and stressful jobs at work but , could be so laid back and carefree and quirky on their own down time.

I always pick a favorite character and mine is Stirling that girl just cracked me up every time she opened her mouth.I loved the camaraderie  she had with Liam.These two really were perfect for one another as Liam tended to be a bit uptight but Stirling seemed to mellow him out.

Liam was not what I expected with all those tattoo's and his rock hard body and stunning looks not your typical looking doctor.But, man underneath it all he was a man of surprises who liked down right dirty panty melting sex.What a refreshing character that I found to be funny and I really loved him.

What a quick and fun read and I loved it from cover to cover.A cute love story that had me grinning and smiling from the onset which I really enjoyed with a surprising and different kind of plot that I found refreshing as I have never come across reading anything like it before.

Overall the story brought enjoyment and grins and smiles and quite a few chuckles and more than a few stares from the hubby as I was laughing out loud....

5 stars for us

About Lorelei James:
Lorelei James is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of contemporary erotic western romances set in the modern day Wild West and also contemporary erotic romances. Lorelei’s books have been nominated for and won the Romantic Times Reviewer’s choice Award, as well as the CAPA Award. Lorelei lives in western South Dakota with her family…and a whole closet full of cow girl boots. From Lorelei: “Why do I have a particular fondness for all things western? Well, I’m a fourth generation South Dakotan, living in the Black Hills, which is chock-full of interesting characters, including cowboys, Indians, ranchers, and bikers. The geographical diversity of the surrounding area showcases mountains, plains, and badlands. Living in and writing about rural settings gives me a unique perspective, especially since I’m not writing historical westerns. Through my fictional world, I can show the ideals and the cowboy way of life are still very much alive.”

review 2017-09-22 15:30
ARC Review: Lure of the Tiger (Aloha Shifters: Jewels of the Heart #4) by Anna Lowe
Lure of the Tiger - Anna Lowe

September 6th 2017
eBook
157
ARC Review Copy

Tiger shifter Cruz Khala doesn’t trust humans, and for good reason. He doesn’t trust destiny, either — not even when it sends him the one woman capable of waking the sunny side of his tortured soul. But there’s more than love at stake as merciless shifter forces converge on sunny Maui, all of them intent on stealing a priceless jewel with mysterious powers.

ALOHA SHIFTERS: JEWELS of the HEART is a thrilling new series set on the tropical shores of Maui. Each story is a page-turner packed with action, emotion, and romance! If you like Magnum, PI and smoldering hot, alpha shapeshifters, you'll love these books!

* No cliff hangers. Each story is a standalone paranormal romance with adult content. This story includes strong heroines, alpha heroes, werewolves and shapeshifters, billonaires, military romance, paranormal suspense, action-adventure romance, fantasy romance, and exotic, tropical locales! *

Goodreads

Amazon

This series does need to be read in order.

Lure of the Tiger is another marvelous addition to the Aloha Shifters: Jewels of the Heart series by Anna Lowe. This is an exhilarating and suspenseful story.

Cruz is an ex-military elite solder who hates humans. Jody is a professional surfer who is regretting her decision to accept a modeling contract.

These two where fun and adorable together. Jody is so full of life. Even when things are bad, she sees the good and looks for the positivity. Cruz hasn’t moved on from his devastating past. He’s a broody tiger shifter, but when Jody pops up in his life he starts to change and learn that life is beautiful. Their romance was sweet and romantic. Besides the romance their is the danger to Jody that they must navigate. Finding out why someone wanted her killed and anticipating another stone poping up.

These ex-military elite solders have made their own family together, but destiny is making sure that they find their soul mates and in the process find peace and hope. This series is so much fun, the characters are unique, the story is entertaining, and the romance is endearing. Can’t wait for the next installment.

Rated: 4 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Anna Lowe with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (PNR) New Release (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/09/arc-review-lure-of-the-tiger-aloha-shifters-jewels-of-the-heart-4-by-anna-lowe/#comment-98874
review 2017-09-21 16:00
Being human sucks....
Vanek (Demons After Dark Book One) - Laurie Olerich

I enjoyed this story. The levels of demons and angels along with the "human" behavior in exiling for some devious plan made it a good read. As Dylan tries to change her future, she ends up asking for help from Vanek and his fellow demons. Together, their chemistry is off the charts. Her strength and his total honesty kept me turning the pages. I look forward to the next in this story as they try to get to the bottom of the nefarious plot.

This is a Candid Book Reviews selection, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-09-21 15:22

September 9th 2017
eBook
192
ARC Review Copy

Despised by his tiger shifter pride as an abomination, Grey has ventured far from home, deep into the bowels of Hell in search of answers about the machinations of Archangel, the mortal hunter organisation who held his twin captive. With no knowledge of the realm, and little skill with the local languages, he quickly finds himself at a dead end—until he crosses paths with a beautiful hellcat female who rouses his darkest most dangerous instincts.

Lyra has been a fool, falling for the charms of a male whose only desire was to make a fast buck by selling her. Shackled and collared, her strength muted by magic, she awaits her time on the stage at a black-market auction, but before it can come, all hell breaks loose and she seizes a chance to escape—and runs straight into a majestic warrior who steals her breath away and tempts her like no other as he battles alone to free everyone.

When Lyra offers her services as a translator to repay Grey for saving her, will he be strong enough to resist the needs she awakens in him and spare himself the pain of her inevitable rejection when she discovers the truth about him? And when the powerful male in charge of the slave ring starts a bloody hunt for Lyra, can she escape another collar and find the courage to trust the tiger who is capturing her heart?

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

iBooks

GooglePlay

Another magnificent addition to the Eternal Mates series. Treasured by a Tiger was a brilliant way to wrap-up the the sibling tigers HEA’s.

We are taking back to HELL where answers and more questions arise on what Archangel is up to, we meet some old and new characters, and Grey finds more then he expected to on his adventure.

I wasn’t much of a fan of the Hellcat’s when they popped up in Bitten by a Hellcat, but I found myself liking Lyra, our feisty Hellcat lead. Grey, our humble hero I was already in love with him the my moment he was introduced in Turned by a Tiger.

The story flowed nicely. I love the wide verity of paranormal creatures and I really loved finding out more of what Archangel is up to. Their are still questions, but we get a little more. Besides Archangel the author also throws in an old foe and wraps that little loose thread up. I like the little hits and answers we get throughout the story. They keep things going, besides the sexy romance.

Lyra and Grey’s romance was wonderful. I just loved watching these two together. Lyra is afraid of males and that is expected after the betrayal, but she finds the strength to see past that and open up to Grey. Grey, OMG he was fabulous. He doesn’t want to hurt Lyra and fights his instincts along the way as well as he doesn’t feel worthy of any female, but WOW when he shows Lyra what he is, she does what any fated mate would do and tells him how AMAZING and WONDERFUL he is. I had tears in my eyes.

Treasured by a Tiger gives us action, steamy romance, and an exciting story. As this story ends another will come. The author has created a captivating world, where their is no shortage of excited and interesting characters, plus clues and mischief thrown in to keep you coming back for more.

Rated: 4.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Felicity Heaton with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (PNR) |  New Release (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/09/arc-review-treasured-by-a-tiger-eternal-mates-14-by-felicity-heaton