logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-11-08 03:48
A married couple take an emotional journey.
Before We Say Goodbye - JN Welsh

Wow, this one kept me on a roller coaster of emotions. Olive and Nigel have been married for 15 years, and life has happened to them. Both of them have lost sight of why they got married and lost their way. As they journeyed into their past, I cried and laughed along with them. The author did a wonderful job getting across the feelings of two people trying to find their way back to happiness. I recommend this story.

I received a copy of the story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

photo 2018-10-19 01:21
review 2018-10-18 03:36
Good story, focus could have stayed more on the main couple.
The Conundrum of a Clerk - Linda Rae Sande

I enjoyed this story. Two people who have survived war find they can still find love despite their injuries. Daisy and Teddy are trying to adjust to their new lives, and with the help of friends, they find themselves working together and learning to appreciate the other. Their pain and loneliness was obvious, and I was glad for their happiness. There was a bit too much story devoted to the secondary characters from previous stories, but it was nice to see them again.

I received an ARC of this story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-10-06 21:23

Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Arc copy provided for honest review
5 stars

Adeline

It was completely unexpected. I’d never imagined he would come into my life. From the moment I met him, I knew there was no going back. He made me feel things I had never experienced before:

Safety

Love

Happiness

I was floating on air. Nothing could touch me with him by my side. He became my everything.

Smiley

I’d never expected my life to change upon walking into the Devil Souls MC. At first glance, I almost fell on my ass, and I knew I had to have her. She was everything I never knew I wanted, and hell if that didn’t stir something in me. Adeline gave me something I had been missing my whole life:
Passion
Desire
Contentment

I’m the retired president of the Grim Sinners MC but, in the end, you never really leave. The Devil Souls and The Grim Sinners clashed and were brought together to fight the biggest battle yet.

We had to protect our families at any cost.

I really don't know where to start with this review other than to say the minute Smiley looked up from his phone and into Adeline's eyes and said "Your having dinner with me tonight." I fell head over heels in love with him.

Warning-This story touches a lot on subjects such as abuse, rape,torture,prostitution , vengeance,pain suffering and trauma all this things that happened in Adeline's past that lead her to having PTSD and nightmares.

Before reading this story you need to read the other stories in which Adeline was introduced to  get the full background of the horrendous life she had lived prior to this book.
(Recommend reading Techy at least first)

I love a book like this all about second chances especially when you think that it is a not possibility and that your never going heal from your past but, it is possible when you have the love of a large mc family named the Devil Souls.

Most MC's do not co-habitat unless its with their affiliate chapters but, Adeline's daughter is the old Lady of one of the Devil Souls members and Smiley's daughter is married to a member also so the MC family for Adeline is a combined one. That's one lucky Gal!

This time around its hard to pick a favorite but, I have no choice than to pick Smiley hands down !

What made the choice for me to pick him was that Smiley at every turn surprised me not only with his deeds but, with his overwhelming protectiveness and kindness and love that he showed his woman as well as his children and grand-children.I loved how patient and kind and gentle he could be but, he had a whole other dangerous side to him where he put the fear in god in most people.

Omg! Just thinking about the pain ,suffering and torture Adeline endured her entire life broke my heart each and every time her past was brought up.She became a women to be admired for her strength kindness and courage and the determination to survive the horrors she endured and still walk away with a mind intact, this alone was a milestone in her recovery of taking her own life back.

I loved the nicknames they had for Adeline but, most of all I loved how the entire club of children called her Gigi and they all loved her as much as she did them.

I loved the romance between Smiley and Adeline and how it slowly developed and just by Smiley giving her experiences she had never thought she would have and making some of the little things she wanted to enjoy out of life come true we watched a small miracle of this women being re-born.I loved being on her journey of healing and finding herself once again.A character that you could not help but love as she was nothing but goodness personified.

For me the most heart breaking moment and turning point in the story for me was the moment Adeline aka Gigi stepped out on that beach with all those children in a two piece bathing suit. These children all saw her as their grand-mother and vice versa but, for me I saw a moment in time that Adeline had finally let go of her past once and for all.

All in all we loved the story from cover to cover.I loved the little miracles that occurred throughout the story as well as god interventions and his little gifts as some would say this just made the story more endearing and more lovable.

Recommended read to all who can handle a book with the subject matter as this one had !

P.S. My final thoughts would be I would want a guy like Smiley to have my back each and every time .Adeline was full of so much kindness and goodness that she not only had Smiley at her back but each and every member of both The Devil Souls and The Grim Sinners....

My kind of Gal!

LeAnn Ashers is a blogger-turned-author who spends her days reading and writing. She released her debut novel early 2016, and can't wait to see where this adventure continues to take her. LeAnn enjoys writing about strong-minded females and swoon-worthy, protective alpha males who love their women unconditionally.

review 2018-10-06 21:11
Book Review for Talkin' Trash by Lani Lynn Vale and her Bear Bottom Guardians MC Series Book 2

Title: Talkin' Trash
Cover Design: Cover Me Darling, LLC
Reviewed by : Angels with Attitude Book Reviews
5 star review
Arc copy provided for honest review

Linc has two very important things on his mind—professional football and his motorcycle club.

What he does not have on his mind is the woman that drives him crazy and makes him want to do stupid things, like throw caution to the wind.

Nope, not Linc.

At least, that’s the lie he tells everyone.

In reality, every time Conleigh’s name is mentioned, he squirms.

She’s everything that he wants, wrapped up in a cute little package that is stamped ‘hands freakin’ off.’

She’s four years younger than him, in school to be a doctor, and thinks football is stupid.

Even more, Linc and Conleigh get along like oil and water.

There’s not a single second that they’re in each other’s presence that they’re not at each other’s throats.

But all it takes is hearing that she’s in trouble for Linc to drop every single thing—football and MC duties alike—and head to her side.

A side that he’ll remain at until they either kill each other, or finally give into the heat between them.

Either way you look at it, he’s well and truly screwed.

I have to say that I am always looking forward to one of Lani's books.I am so glad that Linc finally got his story as he has been in love with Conleigh for the longest time and no matter how much time passed that never changed.

I have to say that overall that I loved the story but, I was disappointed with certain parts of the story but, the ending of the story makes up for the things that happened that I didn't like.Smiles!!!!!

Here goes...

I loved how that story started out and how a misunderstanding gave Linc the perfect motive to get Conleigh just where he wanted her.I have to say that he should be kissing Pru's feet and thanking his lucky stars.I thought that the whole situation that lead to this misunderstanding was so hilarious!
 " It made me laugh out loud!"

I loved how these two characters stopped fighting the thing that they wanted most.I will say that for Conleigh I really understood her misgivings as she is someone who doesn't want to live in the lime-life and with Linc that is a given.

I loved how Linc went about courting Conleigh even though she never really new that is what he was doing.

I loved these two as a couple as the romance between them was super sweet and playful.I will say that if you are a reader of Lani's books that you come to expect certain things from her books and one of these things is she writes really super hot books and the sex scenes are smoking hot.
What happen with this book? Where was the heat? I could see their first sexual encounter going down they way that it did as Linc had a constant hard on for Conleigh for 6 years and it was done in the heat of the moment but, every sexual encounter after that just seemed to be rushed and just sex except for the repayment for the bet made.I guess what I am saying that I didn't feel their connection .Where was the romance the foreplay the built up? These were two young people who had 6 years apart from one another to make up for not being together and you would think that they would have been all over each other but, were not.

Here is my other disappointment...Once Conleigh and Linc were already together they were warned that a rival club was messing with the Dixie Wardens and their affiliate clubs and they were warned that some trouble might be coming to the door of the Bear Bottom MC.I am pointing this out only because Conleigh was privy to this discussion,So what took place next been Conleigh and Linc should have happened in a totally different way than it did.I was so disappointed with Conleigh I wanted to spit ! On the other side of the coin you can understand what happened next and how things could have went down the way they did is because Conleigh main focus of what happened was exploited by the press and we all no this is one of Conleigh's biggest fears about being with Linc in the first place so her good judgment was clouded by her own fears.

Moving on....

I always pick a favorite character this time around mine is going to be Linc.I just loved Linc and one of the reasons is that he is a very confident and very successful sexy man who wore his heart on sleeve for the whole world to see.How could you not love a man who loves a woman like that? Take ME Take ME ! lol

Favorite scenes would be the family intervention and Hoax's and Conleigh's first meeting both were priceless moments!

Overall I really loved the story because it was really cute.There were so many good things and moments that happened in the story that made me smile and laugh that it never distracted me from the couple of things that disappointed me.A story like this is so easy to express all the things that you loved about it but, its very hard to do that without giving parts of the story away..We had many scenes that we would love to talk about! Hoax's is one !

For me I am loving the series and its characters!

Recommended read to all if your loving this series.

I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 9, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.