logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-01-11 22:28

Genre:  Romantic Suspense
Release Date: January 11, 2018
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
5 stars

iScream Book Blog - “I have such a weakness for damaged, broken, bad boys and his story really has me tied in knots.”
A Small Girl, Her Man, and her Books - “GAH! Just when i think i've figured out my favourite Lani Lynn Vale novel, she releases another book that makes me rethink the whole thing.”
Cat’s Guilty Pleasures - “It had just the right amount of heartache and heartwarming moments.”

Get out!

He yelled those words at the love of his life twelve years ago, and to this day, Reed Hail regrets them. He’s always been the type of person to speak before he thinks, and apologies have never come easy.

It’s been over a decade since she was his, and he stubbornly thinks that he can keep on living without her.

He couldn’t be more wrong.

The last thing he needs is her vagina anywhere near his exam table. But nobody ever asks him what he wants.

Maybe he should’ve gone into the auto-recovery business after all.

I hate you.

Krisney Shaw would take those words back in a heartbeat if she could. In fact, she would take back everything.

Never meeting him would be the perfect place to start. The memory of Reed Hail haunts her—morning, noon, and night. Then, to add insult to injury, she has to see him being happy while she’s breaking a little more inside every single day.

Reed Hail is her worst nightmare because she’s constantly reminded of exactly what she’s missing—the other half of her soul.

Just when she thinks things can’t get worse, she’s sees his sexy, bearded face over the top of her paper gown, and she’s lost all over again.

Don’t ever let me go.

Both Reed and Krisney are determined to avoid each other. They do a great job of it, too…not.

One ill-timed gynecological exam changes everything. One single second in time shows Reed what he’s missing—literally and figuratively—and suddenly he’s back at square one.

The only problem with being back at square one? He won’t be able to leave her a second time.

Especially since the first time around he didn’t have a child with her to consider.

Reed and Krisney there story....

Another great tale by this amazing author.I have to say that I really don't read a lot of second chance romances like this one but, I really should as I liked seeing how old loves find there way back to one another.For me this was a really sad story that caused two people who where clearly soul-mates to separate due to someone else's actions who caused a family loss,pain and suffering.

I always pick a favorite character in a story that I am currently reading and mine this time around is going to be Krisney. Why you ask ?There where just so many things that I loved about her character.I found her to be smart,sassy,sexy,determined and some one loved with her whole heart.funny and someone who emotionally suffered much yet never left her broken just more determined and furiously independent.I loved how once she gave her heart to Reed there was no turning back for her he was her one true love and always would be.She tried to move on but, the heart wants what it wants and she chose to stay true to Reed even though they were apart and no future for one another.If Krisney was not  able to have the one she wanted she chose to go it alone and take comfort in her memories.This just proves that once you find your soul-mate there is truly no room for another in your heart foolish or not but, I found it quite endearing.

Reed Hail on the other hand I had mixed feelings about his character.Reed was the type of character that you love and dislike at the same time.I love how fiercely he loves Krisney in the now and always.Even though he loves her this much he continues to break her heart even after all these years.You understand why he felt the need to give her up in the first place but, as the story progresses we learn that he never truly gave her up just continued to love her behind the scenes yet refuses to create a life together now even after 12 years have passed.Reed was just a frustrating character that you just wanted to smack him upside of his head and tell him what a fool he was as so many never even have a taste of what he had with Krisney.It took almost losing the women he loved since high school and his family to see was right in front of him all along and now its too late....

I really enjoyed the story and its character especially when a couple love so fiercely and I loved being on Reed and Krisney's finding their way back to one another.The chemistry this couple had toward one another was fierce  and loving and hot as hell.When this couple were in a room together you felt the heat and sizzle.

My favorite scene who have to be Reeds confession of  his love for Krisney in the hospital and it somewhat redeemed himself in my eyes.

My final thoughts

I loved both characters from the onset and no matter what their obstacles were there was no doubt they belonged together and they were and always had been the perfect soul-mate for one another.They had me rooting for their happiness throughout the entire story hoping that the dreams that they once had would become a reality.Even though I enjoyed these characters at the same time I felt they were a bit disconnected .I am not sure this is the correct word but, this is why I feel that way.This story had a tragic event that caused this couple to split and come between them but ,It was Reed's words that sent her away .When fate brings them together again their first meeting is explosive and you clearly see that the love they once shared was still there.Even though Reed is back in Krisney's life he  still remains emotionally detached from her but not physically.He loves her still yet is still determined not to have a future with her,yet can't stay away and  it is clearly hurting Krisney in the process.When the time has finally runs out and its to late for them now he wants a future with her.My favorite scene is where I should have been crying up a storm but,I was not.This was the type of story that should have tugged at your heart strings in a big way and it did in some ways because you felt their loneliness and sadness they both experienced but, I never felt myself well up and cry or feel like crying and this story had more than one opportunity to make you do that.I guess what I am saying that I wished that the story had moved me to tears at some point throughout the story.This is just something I felt was missing for me that is all and that does not mean that it still wasn't a great story as I did enjoy it very much.

I loved that Dante made and appearance with Mary and that he is taking the steps to come out of the darkness and into the light again and perhaps we will get to here his story very soon.

Another enjoyable read and we are so enjoying this series and would recommend it and any other books by this author as all the ones we have read so far have been great reads.

And Oh! I love that Rafe still remains a mystery....

5 stars from us

Routine. Just routine.

Yeah, right.

I knew this was going to be bad. I knew that I was about to do one of the stupidest things in the world.

Yet, that didn't stop me from entering the infirmary.

Every year we were required to see the doctor for an annual health evaluation. Mine was due two months ago, and I'd purposefully gotten out of it.

I'd tried to get out of this one, too. However, my superior looked at me, grinned that evil grin of hers, and told me in no uncertain terms if I didn't do it, I'd be relegated to desk duty for the foreseeable future.

She knew I hated desk duty.

Talking to people wasn’t my forte.

And now I was here.

Going into the one place that I knew I shouldn't be going.

The clinic in town was normally off limits.

The clinic near the base had an older than dirt male doctor that I was fairly sure was a pervert who kept working because he didn't get to see pussy that young anymore.

However, knowing that the old doc was off on the weekends, and Reed volunteered there for all the ladies that didn’t want to risk it with the pervert doc, led me to where I was today.

Where I knew he was.

Shit. Damn. Fuck.

I’d gone to Germany to get away from him. He’d been assigned to the same base within a month of my arrival.

It might’ve been a coincidence, but I knew it probably wasn’t.

He did it on purpose. Just to watch me squirm.

I swung open the glass door, waved at the secretary who I knew but whose name I couldn't remember, and signed in.

"He's running about thirty minutes behind," the secretary said as she took my information. "I'll tell the ladies that you're here, though. You can go on back. The nurse will put you in a room.”

Of course he was, because the motherfucker liked to talk.

Fucker.

Asshole.

I walked back, met the nurse, and she guided me into a room.

“Here’s the paper gown. You can go ahead and change here behind the screen.” The nurse smiled. “The part goes in the front.”

I refrained from flipping her off.

I knew which fucking part went in the front. I wasn’t a dumbass.

“Thanks,” I muttered.

I waited until she was completely out of the room before I changed, making sure the screen was completely covering every square inch of my body before I stripped my shirt off.

My pants went next, then my bra, and my underwear.

After slipping on the stupid gown—part in front—I folded the clothes precisely in on themselves, making sure that my underwear and bra were neatly tucked into my shirt before rolling my pants around the shirt.

I did not want him to see my underthings.

No sir-ree.

He was already going to see my breasts and vagina today. I didn’t want him to see that I wore the sexy underthings for some stupid reason.

Growling to myself, I picked up my phone and blasted off a text to my best friend.

She was probably asleep, but she’d answer when she woke up.

Somebody needed to be witness to this train wreck.

Might as well be Hennessy.

Hail No (Hail Raisers #1) - AVAILABLE NOW
Go To Hail (Hail Raisers #2) - AVAILABLE NOW
Burn in Hail (Hail Raisers #3) - AVAILABLE NOW
What the Hail (Hail Raisers #4) - AVAILABLE NOW
Hail Mary (Hail Raisers #6) - PREORDER 2/9

I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.

Be Sure to Follow Us here :

text 2018-01-11 18:24
Hello 2018! Hello Books! What you've read in 2018, so far

Hello 2018, hello books. Here's a little sneak peek into what you've read so far and how to use tags to find more 2018 reads!

Happy reading!

Follow: http://ladygr.booklikes.com

Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier,Sally BeaumanRebecca - Daphne du Maurier,Sally Beauman

Rebecca starts with the narration of a sweet, naive heroine. Maybe not so naive anymore after being exposed to the pains of life, but still shy and quiet, a regular and unremarkable woman you can find in any place. This book is not about her. Our heroine is the narrator. It's life from her eyes we're seeing. And yet, everything is Rebecca. Rebecca, that was perfect in every way. Rebecca, that was the most beautiful creature to ever walk earth. Rebecca, that died before the story even started, and yet still manages to be the protagonist. Manderley is still all hers, even months after her death. Little pieces of her perfection are spread all over the house, and her presence haunts our protagonist, that fears she can never be viewed as Rebecca once was. And she can't... read a full review

Follow: http://readerreader.booklikes.com/

The Immortalists - Chloe BenjaminThe Immortalists - Chloe Benjamin

The novel begins in 1969 with Gold family--Saul, Gertie, and their 4 children Varya, Daniel, Klara, and Simon--living in New York City. One afternoon the 4 kids go to see a psychic who will tell them the dates of their deaths. And from there we follow each of the kids' lives. How accurate was the pyschic? How does her prediction affect each of the kids in their life choices and career decisions? The 4 kids live very different lives in their daring, their career and educational choices--how much of that is a result of the predictions? ... read a full review

Follow: http://jenfairytales.booklikes.com

Rock Hard (Rock Kiss Book 2) (Volume 2) - Nalini SinghRock Hard (Rock Kiss Book 2) (Volume 2) - Nalini Singh

I loved the portrayal of Charlotte and her journey to self-confidence after a horrific incident with an ex-boyfriend. Readers get hints about what happened, but I was not prepared for the details which made me admire Charlotte even more. She is intelligent and shy though she also has a spine of steel when pushed too far. There are many moments where she could have retreated back into her enclosed world, but she kept going and showed how strong she really was. The aforementioned T-Rex whose real name is Gabriel Bishop is a former professional rugby player who is now known for bring businesses back from the brink of disaster. His first few days at his new company results in staff overhauls and plenty of tears... read a full review

Follow: http://jennydodge.booklikes.com/

The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl - Stacy McAnultyThe Miscalculations of Lightning Girl - Stacy McAnulty

Lightning Girl is 12 year-old Lucy Callahan’s screen name in the math forum she loves. Ever since she was hit by lightning at 8 years old, she’s been a math genius. She’s also been homeschooled due to her academic differences and her OCD tendencies. When Lucy’s beloved uncle visits, he and Lucy’s Nana realize that, as smart as Lucy is, she’s missed out on part of her childhood. And so Nana insists that Lucy drag herself away from her computer and experience normal life for 1 year. Lucy’s germ phobia and repetitive sitting behavior don’t make fitting into middle school easy, but luckily, she quickly makes one friend who doesn’t seem to mind her oddities. As Lucy navigates the tricky middle school social world of cafeteria tables and group projects, she will eventually learn the meaning of true friendship, and find out just how far out of her comfort zone... read a full review

Follow: http://mystereity.booklikes.com/

Sitting Murder - A.J. WrightSitting Murder - A.J. Wright

Whoo, what a ride! Loved, loved, LOVED this, I was swept up in this deftly written mystery combining the Victorian fascination with mediums and spirits with a classic whodunit.  I loved the simple yet complex plot that takes twist after turn and by the time the surprise ending was unfolding, I was just holding on for dear life! The tragic stories from the suspects made it hard to single one out, and although you think you know who did it, you’ll be wrong... read a full review

HOW TO FIND OTHER 2018 READS?

SEARCH TAGS

HERE'S HOW

Type 2018 in the upper search box and click Tags:

In the result you'll see all the posts that include the 2018 tag:

ADD TAGS TO YOUR POSTS

Remember that only the posts WITH tags will be found and presented. Let other readers find your posts and reviews -- add tags to your posts and book reviews:

MORE BOOKS READ IN 2018

Double Take - Abby BardiReckless Behavior - L.A. Witt,Cari MeisterOh, Florida!: How America's Weirdest State Influences the Rest of the Country - Craig Pittman

Wood: A PsyCop Short - Jordan Castillo PriceLook for Me (D. D. Warren) - Lisa GardnerTruly, Madly, Guilty - Liane Moriarty,Caroline Lee

Cut-throat Celts (Horrible Histories) - Terry DearyThe House on Mango Street - Sandra Cisneros

AND MORE HERE:

review 2018-01-08 19:31
Pet (Captive Prince Short Stories, #4) by C.S. Pacat
Pet: A Captive Prince Short Story (Capti... Pet: A Captive Prince Short Story (Captive Prince Short Stories Book 4) - C.S. Pacat

I am sad to see the ending to this amazing series. I had so much fun reading through each and every single novel, every single short story, and every single adventure these characters went on. So it is with a heavy heart I say goodbye to one of my favorite series to exist in this world. Well, that is, until I decide to have myself a re-read. And I definitely will have myself a re-read... maybe later on this year. X3

C.S. Pacat did an amazing job writing this series. PET is no exception. In this short story, she expands Ancel's story that took place during the first book. In Captive Prince, Ancel comes across as someone who is very shallow and wants all eyes on him. However, this short story explains why he is the way he is and grants the reader a deeper understanding to not only Ancel as a character, but the environment he was brought up in and what he had to do in order to survive. It's a brilliant insight to Ancel and his relationship to a lord named Berenger. We see them grow together and learn a person is more complex than they may portray on the outside.

This story had me all over the place. I went into it expecting one thing and I got a whole slew of things instead. Not that that's a bad thing. Ancel and Berenger are just such beautiful souls that when they were hurting, I was hurting. Pacat did an amazing job conveying their emotions in an authentic light. My heart couldn't take it! But I am so glad I put myself through such emotional turmoil. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to become acquainted with these fantastic characters!

You already know that I highly recommend this series. If you've read everything else published in this series, then you should definitely read this final short story as well. However, it bears repeating now that we are at the end of this series that the entirety of Captive Prince contains highly mature content. It contains violence, rape, swears, and graphic imagery. Please only read this series if you are okay with reading about topics mentioned above. If you are, then I hope you enjoy because I think it's an amazing series filled with political intrigue, great characters, and multiple well-done romances!

I love this series and will continue to support C.S. Pacat as she works on her new projects. I'm already in love with her new comic series Fence and cannot wait to read more of her works in the future!

review 2018-01-08 05:41
The Adventures of Charls, the Veretian Cloth Merchant (Captive Prince Short Stories, #3) by C.S. Pacat
The Adventures of Charls, the Veretian C... The Adventures of Charls, the Veretian Cloth Merchant: A Captive Prince Short Story (Captive Prince Short Stories Book 3) - C.S. Pacat

I'm a little late getting to the third short story installment of the Captive Prince series. Last year was not the best for me so my reading suffered because of it. Hence, why I am getting to this short story so late. But with the release of PET, the final short story in the series, I felt it was about time I caught up with the series and finish this amazing series C.S. Pacat created for all of her readers to enjoy.

I want to start off by saying that as an author, C.S. Pacat can do no wrong. I love her stories so much. They manage to capture my imagination from the very first line to the very last page. Her writing is intricate and flows so well from one scene to the next. She can create vasts worlds with a rich lore and characters to help bring that world to life. I am in awe of her writing abilities.

In this story, we follow the merchant Charls on a trade route where he discovers, from the help of Laurent and Damen, that someone is discrediting his name all throughout the land. It's such a light-hearted romp with these character, a nice change of pace seeing as how they majority of their experiences is covered in pain. I had so much fun reading about Charls still not realizing that "Lamen" is Damen in disguise and how he worried for his relationship with Laurent. It was such a cute and endearing short story where we get to see more of Laurent and Damen's relationship blossom even more and I loved every single minute of it.

If you've read every single story placed in the Captive Prince world so far then, of course, read this one. It's an incredible addition to the world and we get to see more of Charls hilarity which, to me, is just a bonus. Plus, you get to see more of Laurent being sassy and flirty with Damen, and who doesn't love that? Highly recommend you read this short story!

text 2018-01-05 20:52
Book Review for Pipe by Winters Travers Fallen Lords MC #2

Title: Pipe
Series:  Fallen Lords MC #2
Author: Winter Travers
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: November 29, 2017
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews

Guarded. Afraid. Confused. Nikki Nomad’s life is in shambles. Growing up in and out of foster care, she rarely lets anyone in. After watching her best friend Karmen fall in love, Nikki starts to soften to the idea of a happily ever after with Fallen Lords V.P., Pipe. He’s ruggedly handsome with a careless attitude, and it’s the exact lethal and sexy combination that breaks Nikki’s heart, reminding her life is far from a fairytale and making her run away from the few people she loves. Stubborn. Careless. Free. Pipe Mark cares about one person and one person only. A revolving door of women might spend the night in his bed, but they all know the score before they step foot through door. 1. No promises. 2. One night. They all respect the rules and go on their merry way more than satisfied in the morning. All except Nikki. Nikki makes Pipe want more. He never has before, but he longs to make promises of ending each night tangled in each other's arms. He just realizes it all too late. Nikki runs, and Pipe ignores the way his body begs for him to chase her. While Nikki thinks Pipe can’t give her what she needs, Pipe is worried Nikki is going to rock his world and never leave it the same.

Nerdy, Dirty & Flirty - “I have fallen head over heels in love, all over again, with the Fallen Lords. I didn’t realize I missed them as much as I did until I started reading this one.”

Brandy Paige Roberts - “Ok can I say how much I adore Winter Travers her stories always take me on a roller coaster of emotions and I can't get enough of it.”

Little Shop of Readers - “Holy crap , I never thought her MC books could be better than Lo and his men but I totally need a Fallen Lord after Pipes story.”
Another great story in a continuing series.I have to say that the MC members old ladies and women made this story.I found the story to be delightful and quite entertaining.The characters were witty and funny and a joy to read about.

I have to say that I love Karmen OMG she is too funny and I am so glad that she is Nikki's best friend she definitely livens things up when she is around.Alice Nikki's other friend is no slouch either. Omg I had to laugh out loud when she introduce her to Wrecker the MC clubs president.

This story was a light easy read with a bit of mystery added to it and it introduced us to some new characters.The story concentrated on Pipe and Nikki and how in the heck he was going to win her back after he made of mess of things between them forcing her to flee the home and town she loved just to get away from the man.

I have to say Pipe turned out to be my favorite character this time around as he owned up to the his mistakes and stepped up to the plate to win back the women he shouldn't have let go it the first place.

This was a cute light and fun MC read filled with great characters that made you laugh.The sex scenes were filled will humor,dirty talk and a little bit of heat.The story ended up on a bit of a cliffhanger so I can't wait to see what the author has in store for us next.

I love when you can connect with the character that you read about and I was able to do that with this cast of characters as they we so love-able and a whole lot of fun.

5 stars from us

We are loving this series so far!

(CLICK ME)

Winter Travers is a devoted wife, mother, and aunt turned author who was born and raised in Wisconsin. After a brief stint in South Carolina following her heart to chase the man who is now her hubby, they retreated back up North to the changing seasons, and the place they now call home.

Winter spends her days writing happily ever afters, and her nights zipping around on her forklift at work. She also has an addiction to anything MC related, her dog Thunder, and Mexican food! (Tamales!)

Winter loves to stay connected with her readers. Don’t hesitate to reach out and contact her.

Be Sure to Follow Us here :