logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-06-27 15:10
DIABLO: Night Rebels Motorcycle Club by Chiah Wilder

Title: Diablo
Series: Night Rebels MC #3
Author: Chiah Wilder
Genre: MC Romance (can be standalone)
Release: June 20, 2017

Diablo, Sergeant-At-Arms of the Night Rebels MC, doesn’t chase women the way his fellow brothers do. Women flock to the ripped, bearded, tatted biker, but he pushes them away. His past haunts him and rage burns deep inside him. His only focus is the club, his Harley, and his shots of whiskey. He doesn’t want a woman messing with his life. He doesn’t trust them. Then he sees her. Her hazel eyes reflect sadness and regret. He’s drawn to the loneliness that fills her up—it haunts him. She’s his employer’s daughter. He knows he should stay away from her, but he can’t. He wants to take her in his arms and protect her, but she won’t even talk to him. Diablo’s not the type to give up. He wants her, and he’ll do everything he can to make her his. Fallon Richardson can’t stand a man’s touch. Ever since her mother left her when she was a young girl, she’s been living in hell. Her father is the kingpin in illegal underground fighting. She tries to make herself inconspicuous so the men won’t notice her and the women won’t make fun of her, but it never works. She hates being at the fights, but her father demands her presence. Then she sees him across the room. His penetrating stare pulls her in no matter how hard she resists. The tall, muscled man stirs feelings in her she has shut off for years. Her body wants him, yet, she can’t give herself to him. Men are cruel, animalistic, and not to be trusted. But the tattooed man has a softness beneath his rough exterior that speaks to her. Then shadows from years ago emerge from the darkness, and soon Fallon doesn’t know who to trust. Her world is turned upside down, and she fears not only for her sanity but for her life. Can Diablo and Fallon gain each other’s trust in time for him to protect her? The Night Rebels MC series are standalone gritty romance novels. DIABLO is Book Three in the series. This book contains violence, strong language, sexual assault (not graphic), and steamy/graphic sexual scenes. It describes the life and actions of an outlaw motorcycle club. HEA. No cliffhangers. 18+.

Another great read in this series.This time around its where opposites attract.Fallon is kind shy and meek type and Diablo is the bada** biker covered in muscles and tattoos.But, Diablo sees something in Fallon that he needs and wants more than just bedding her.

Fallon had to be my favorite character in this story.We saw Fallon grow throughout the book.Like a butterfly spreading their wings.By meeting Diabalo and forming an unusual friendship that turned into so much more.We saw a broken girl gain confidence and independence who desperately need some sort of happiness in her tragic life.Through it all and the horrors and pain Fallon lived through I loved that she still remained innocent in a lot of ways.I found her to be kind ,caring,witty and just a all around sweetheart.

Diablo sees something in Fallon that she doesn't she herself that he wants and needs. Diablo at this time in his life is looking for something more.As the story progressed we saw why he was so attracted to Fallon and she to him.This couples attraction was fierce and once they acted  it was flames to a fire smoking Hot!

Fallon really surprised me most throughout the story because honestly I never thought she would be able to handle a guy like Diablo or his lifestyle but she surprised me get again with her strength  and determination.Fallon is meek no more and is not going to be ruled by any man from here on end.

An unusual love story that was about healing and growth,love,and finding a slice of happiness all the while when someone is trying to take that all away now that you found it.The plot had twists and turns ,secrets coming to life and a unsolved murder that is unresolved know more.

I really loved it from beginning to end.I loved the two main characters they were easy to connect with and loved them from the onset.This story kept you interested with the unusual love story and all this misdeeds happing in the background never knowing what going to happen next .

Another keeper !
Recommend read to all and the series itself.

5 stars from us

Other Books in this Series

Chiah Wilder is the author of Hawk’s Property, the first book in the Insurgents MC Series. It is a full length, standalone novel. Its release date is set for October 27, 2015.

Always a lover of books, she began writing at a young age and continued through college with collections of short stories. Figuring she had to grow up and get a “real” job, her writing was placed on the back burner.

Her love of reading has always be center front in her life. Chiah’s love of bad boys both in and out of fiction has inspired her Insurgents series. She loves an alpha male whose softer side is brought out by a passionate, spirited woman. In fiction there are no rules or boundaries, and fantasies can go as far as the characters want to take them. Steamy, biker romances with rough, sexy bad boys are her guilty pleasure along with brownies, cheddar cheese, and movie marathons.

Returning to writing has been a dream come true. Writing and publishing Hawk’s Property has been an amazing journey, and she is happy to share the Insurgents family with her readers. She is busy writing her next book in the series.

Chiah would love to hear from you. You can contact her at: chiahwilder@gmail.com

review 2017-06-23 20:06
How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back (White Trash Zombie, #4) by Diana Rowland
How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back - Diana Rowland

My journey through the White Trash Zombie series continues with the fourth installment called How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back. I'm going to start off by saying that I did not enjoy this book as much as I did the others. To me, this is definitely the weakest book in the series. With that being said, I did still enjoy reading this book.

Diana Rowland is still an incredible writer. She still has that same conversational style to her writing that I adore so much. I still feel like I am hearing a story from a close friend about her adventures and shenanigans. It's such a fun writing style that I cannot see myself ever getting tired of. Rowland's story this time around felt a bit forced, though. I felt like every bad thing that could happen, did happen. And, to me, that's just creating "tension" for no reason. Angel got shot and stabbed and almost raped and it felt too much. It just felt as if Rowland just wanted every horrible thing to happen in this book which made nothing feel authentic.

And speaking of Angel, she was a lot more careless and stupid in this book. I know she has the reputation of being a screw-up, but she was more so in this one than she was in the first book. For example, there's this one scene (I won't specify because of spoilers) where she outed someone as a zombie. Really? You know that you can't have a lot of people knowing about zombies and here you are just "casually" letting it slip. Not to mention she just kept telling other people about there being zombies because she "couldn't see another way." Pretty soon the whole world is going to know about zombies!

Last thing I want to mention is the ending. Throughout the whole book we are getting hints that something is happening to Angel and I do not like the direction is going. It gives me the impression that the next book is going to focus on this aspect of Angel's life and depending on how it's handle, it could be really good or bad. I hope it's the former because as of right now, I am not too happy about it.

I know I made it sound like I did not enjoy this book, but I really did. I really like the fun tone to the whole series. I love all of the characters because they are all so loud and don't care what others think of them and I love everything about that. However, I do think that, as a reader, you should be able to critique the books you like.

Do I recommend this book? Yeah! If you read all three previous books, then continue reading the series because it's so good and fun despite its flaws. It's still a very adult series. There's swear words, violence, gore, sexual assault, and drug use so keep that in mind when reading. But it really is worth the read, even if this particular book is not as strong as the others.

review 2017-06-21 17:12

Release Date: February 21, 2017
Reviewed by : Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Publisher: Loose-ID

4 stars ARC

Blindfolds, bondage, board meetings. All in a day's work for Noah Dorian, co-owner of Hilltops, an exclusive club for those who like a bit of spice.

Enter Jordin Turner, a psychology student who is doing research on the BDSM lifestyle.

Noah agrees to provide her with information via telephone but when she comes to the club for an observation, his world is turned upside down. Jordin is strong, confident, intelligent, and beautiful; traits he has never seen packaged together in a woman he likeshttp://angelswithattitudebookreviews-joelle.blogspot.com/2017/06/book-review-for-destiny-by-faith-starr.html this much. He's always guarded his heart, but Jordin makes him want to open his heart and free himself from his demons.

Jordin has had her fair share of heartache, including an ex who made her doubt herself. Especially in the bedroom. Noah's dominant nature gives her a chance to change that. His desire and his dominance help her break the chains that hold her back.

Noah and Jordin. Sometimes love is destiny.

“You don’t have to argue every point. I’m simply making my own observations.” Why did his breath have to smell as good as the rest of him? It was almost hypnotic, if not tempting every fiber in my being to lean forward to see if he tasted as good as he smelled. Damn Noah Dorian. “That’s supposed to be my job.” Oh my gosh. I sounded like a schoolgirl with a childhood crush, giggling stupidly. “Yes, it is, but I’m having a rather good time doing your job too.” “Why’re you doing this, Noah?” Confusion filled me. I was a little light-headed in addition to the other slew of symptoms having a field day inside me. He was pretty much suffocating me with his charm and good looks. “All I’m doing is pointing out to you that you don’t always have to keep yourself so tightly wound. Sometimes it’s nice to let loose.” “And what’re you implying?” “I’m merely suggesting that you allow me to bring some of your curiosity to life.” Say what? “You mean like mentor me in BDSM? Sorry, but I’m not a bow down, please and thank you, Sir, type of a woman.” Reality check! It was time to dodge this bullet. Unfortunately, it was somewhat impossible since he had me caged between his strong arms. “I’m not so sure about that. Besides, you’ll never know unless you try.” “I’m sorry if I’ve given you the wrong impression, Noah. I think maybe I should go.” I needed air. I needed to get out of this room. I needed Noah Dorian. That’s what I needed.

I couldn’t take it anymore. My dick could only behave for so long. My poor impulse control and I pushed her against the car, tasting those succulent lips again. Something I couldn’t stop thinking about. Luckily, her mouth voluntarily welcomed my tongue. I could only imagine what else it could do to her luscious body. “Because I know you feel it too.” Her eyes blinked several times as they stared into mine, her breaths jagged between her slightly parted lips. That was all the reassurance I needed to know she would be there on Saturday night. I backed away and took her hand in mine, suddenly with more pep in my stride. I walked her to her car and made sure she got in safely, her wittiness taking a hike and replaced with desire. Her eyes had hunger in them, and I knew exactly how to feed it. This woman had no clue how fucking sexy she was. I intended to make that concept very well known to her. She looked up at me and almost whispered her good-bye, her lips swollen and begging for more. I leaned down and slid my hand into her hair, tilting her chin upward so I could have one more taste to hold me over until the weekend. To my surprise, she fisted my hair desperately. I planted a gentle kiss on her lips to find her almost panting when I pulled away. I released my hold on her and smiled. “Good night, Jordin.” It took all the self-control I had to walk away after the kiss. My dick ached, wanting to blow, but it wasn’t something I couldn’t take care of later.

Lets start off by saying that I really enjoyed our first read by this author.I liked the characters as they were fun and interesting.Noah and Jordin were such opposites yet their relationship worked even though they had a few hiccups along the way.

I always pick a favorite character in a story in this time around its going to be Jordin although Noah follows closely.I found Jordin to be bright,charming,shy,intelligent ,insecure, but she also had fire and passion within her.

Jordin meets Noah as she has asked Noah who own a sex club to help her collect information on the bdsm lifestyle to write her dissertation for school in order to graduate to become a therapist. Jordin chose this subject because she wanted to understand more and gather more insight in order to consul abused women. I loved Jordin she was so out of her element,nervous, shy, intimidated and an innocent to boot but when it came to observing the scenes throughout the club in order to learn Noah is the one who caused all her flutters and uneasiness not the scenes themselves. Jordin's attraction to Noah and him to her was apparent from the start and their chemistry was hot as hell.I loved how she opened up and blossomed throughout the story creating many firsts and new experiences for herself  doing this in baby steps she was growing more confident. Jordin surprised me the most though she had just the same hang ups as every other women does and those self insecurities but never really applied the logic to herself as she did her patients .Noah is the one who helped her overcome most of her insecurities and I loved that most about him

Noah definitely was a man of many layers.He had much more depth to him that I even thought was possible about him and I loved discovering more and more about him as the story progressed he really was a tender love and caring soul.I found Noah to be many things but loved that he was confident yet sensitive.Noah's attraction with Jordin has him tied up in knots from the onset.I loved how Jordin has him feeling things and experiencing a lot of firsts himself.Noah is such and experienced man in and out of the bedroom he has lived the lifestyle an has enjoyed it but it doesn't dominate his life .I loved this about him the most as Jordin is all about vanilla and yet he still peruses her with a passion.I loved his patience and kindness that he showed Jordin and those around him.I loved seeing this side of him as he definitely liked to be in charge and loved to dominate but never saw being tender or kind as a weakness.I fell in loved with him a little bit myself especially when he walked through the facility that his brother was staying at and he took the time to have a kind word with each and every patient he came in contact with along the way to see his brother. He put a smile on all those patients faces.He was definitely swoon worthy!

A really enjoyable story that was a learning experience for both characters who fell for one another and yet just what the other needs to make them whole.I enjoyed the chemistry these characters had as I really thought they made a cute an amazing couple together and I was glad that they found their way to one another even though their journey wasn't always a easy one.

I love when you can connect with the characters you read about and I was able to that in this story .I loved when that happens when you like your character so much from the onset that you know its going to be a good enjoyable story for you.

I looking forward to reading other stories by this author as she creates them.

4 stars from us

When she's not managing her husband’s medical practice or taking care of her three kids, Faith Starr loves writing erotic romance fiction. Faith is passionate about putting herself into the minds of her characters, giving them a life of their own with all of the emotions that go along with it. She is head over heels in love with each and every alpha male she creates and the confident women who steal their hearts. Faith has found her passion writing in the romance genre. Creating heartfelt love stories has become key in giving her inner spirit the creative outlet it desires. She is a hopeless romantic, with a little spice, who truly believes in the “Once Upon a Time” and “Happily Ever After” ending.

You can find Angels Here !

review 2017-06-17 05:06
White Trash Zombie Apocalypse (White Trash Zombie, #3) by Diana Rowland
White Trash Zombie Apocalypse - Diana Rowland

Just finished another installment of the White Trash Zombie series and I am loving it. I plan to continue reading this series until I am fully caught up so the next few reviews will be about this series.

Diana Rowland is a talented writer. I love how she has an conversational tone to her books. I feel as if I'm talking to a friend as I read these books. It's definitely a writing style I appreciate tremendously. I started reading the first book because I was looking for something to ease my mind from what was going on around me, and I found a friend in these books.

Angel Crawford is an amazing character. She grows so much throughout the series and we see her grow the most in this book. She has so much self-respect and dreams for herself. We see her grow into a maturity when it comes to her father that as the reader, we are left rooting for her, hoping she succeeds in whatever she decides to do.

My only complaint about this book, and it's a minor one that doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the book, is that I wanted to see her interact more with the characters that work of the coroner's office. In the previous two books, she established relationships with her co-workers Derrel, Nick, and Dr. Leblanc. However, we don't get to see them much in this book. In fact, she's hardly at the coroner's office at all. I missed that element of the book. Although, I didn't mind seeing her interact with new characters like Brian, a bodyguard who works for zombie mafia boss named Pietro, I still wanted to see her progressing and improving her older friendships. But like I said, it's not a problem that the focus this time around was not around the coroner's office and the workers therein. I just would have liked to see more of them.

In short, I really like this series. I love how action-packed it is, I love how conversational the writing is, I love the characters and how diverse the world is, I just love everything about this book series. If you haven't read this series yet, I highly encourage you to do so. It's a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be and I am so glad that it is!

review 2017-06-12 16:37
Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues (White Trash Zombie, #2) by Diana Rowland
Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues - Diana Rowland

After having finished My Life as A White Trash Zombie, I had to move on and read the next book. And I was not disappointed one bit! This one continues where we left off in the previous book. Angel is still working at the coroner's office and trying to get her life together. But of course, nothing is ever that simple. There's now an evil organization that is experimenting with the zombie virus to make super soldiers. Now Angel needs to figure out a way to stop these people whilst trying not to miss a meeting with her parole officer. Can't fight an evil corporation if you're stuck in jail, amirite?

Once again, I had so much fun reading this book. Diana Rowland just makes such great, fast, enjoyable reads that by the time you finish it, you're like, "Wait... that's it? But I want more!" I am just in love with this book series. I love the tone and the writing and the story. It's exactly what I was looking for after wanting to read something that was light but had enough meat in it that I felt I was enjoying my time.

The characters are still my favorite part of this story. Angel is still a precious darling that I want to find happiness. I love how she doesn't take anyone's bullshit. What I loved about her in this book specifically was how she demanded respect. She is fully aware that she does not have a good educational background and she doesn't have a career but that does not give people permission to disrespect her and she calls them out when they do. I love that commentary of the book. People come from all walks of life but they are still people. Treat them with respect.

Another aspect of this book that I really enjoyed was Angel's relationship with her father. In the first book, he was abusive towards her. He even beat her. But here, we see them working towards a better relationship. It's not easy and it's far from perfect but they are working towards a better one. That's not something you see a lot in fiction. Where people, as messed up as certain aspects of their lives are, they are working towards fixing it and making it better. It shows there are many layers to us all and though we've messed up along the way, that does not mean it's over.

I love this series, I've only read two so far but I am highly enjoying it. There's so many good things that Rowland touches on that need to be talked about more. I love how diverse her cast is! From different class backgrounds to different races to different sexualities. This book series, though it is about zombies, is also about so much more. Please go out and read it. The same warnings I gave of the first book apply here as well. Violence, gore, sexual assault, and alcohol/drug use are throughout the book, but if you can read about those things, then you should definitely check this series out. I think it's amazing and enjoyable and well-written. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series and seeing what I think of them. Although, if the first two are any indication, I'm sure I'm going to love them.