Happy X-mas Eve!
Dear friends and followers,
This just a quick little hello to wish you all a very merry Xmas and a peaceful 2014! -
- Basically I'm trying hard to compensate for my recent radio-silence! But you know how it is: sometimes real-life issues get in the way of your on-line activities!! Let's hope for a more balanced and peaceful 2014, shall we? I could definitely use that :-)
May all your dreams come true and may you all get to read a whole bunch of awesome books in this brand new year! :-)
Hey all! What are you currently reading? You can now update your reading progress with two clicks and share it with your friends. You’ll see new option on Dashboard in Currently Reading Section, just look on the right. It’s Update button :-)
Once you click Update you can fill up your reading progress, save and continue reading (update).
Or you can post it and share on your blog and among your friends (update and publish).
Both options are visible once you click Update in Currently reading box.
If you choose Update, you’ll change reading progress that is visible on your blog. And you can go back to reading :)
If you choose Update and publish, you’ll be moved to writing box with book attached, your current reading progress and social media switch on (green icons on the right) if you had connected them. If you didn't connect your Facebook or Twitter, you can do it in Settings/General. To turn off social media in writing box, click on icons and make them grey (deactivated).
- We've made changes in discussion room and threads, now you can receive notifications about newly set discussions in a given group. If you wish to be informed, please go to Group page and choose “Yes” in notification section. Then once a new discussion is created, you’ll get a note about it.
- You can also made adding tags to your posts in discussion easier. We've made changes to list of tags:)
- It also easier to keep conversation going and answer to previous posts, we have new look for Reply posts:
Your personal messages page (PM) received new features of searching through messages, paging and deleting messages.
- To find other reviews of a given title, go to book page OR type book title in Tag Search Box on Dashboard on the right. Then you'll see all writings about this book, including different editions and book sources. It also nice way of finding new blogs to follow :-)
- If you wish to find more blogs similar to yours, please take a look at your book blog categories and choose only those which are really relevant. Remember that the categories should reflect your reading taste and books you’re reading and reviewing on your blog. Best to choose several genre categories that you’re active in. Then you'll be able to find other bloggers with similar reading taste faster.
Stay in touch with your friends, favorite authors and other bloggers on BookLikes. Now you can PM each other and send private notes.
All you have to do is to select your addressee, write message and send. It all can be done on Message Page where you can search through a list of your BookLikes friends - write username or blog title. To reset addressee click New Message and enter different username or blog name of your friend on BookLikes.
To go to PM Page, click envelope icon on the upper navigation bar.
Each of you has three options from whom you would like to receive messages
- from your followings only,
- from your followers only,
- from your followings and followers.
Personal Messages settings are available on PM Page where you can select the option that fits you, look through your messages history and create new ones. You can also manage your messages notification.
More improvements and features for PMs are in progress.
To gain new readers and followings write and update your blog and bookshelf regularly. Find new interesting blogs on Explore page, select your favorite literary genre and follow new book blogs. If you're an author stay in touch with your new readers, you can also set up giveaways and set up discussion rooms.
P.S. If you're an author on BookLikes and we didn't get in touch with you yet, let us know at email@example.com. We have some goodies for you :-)