logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Discussion: Feature Requests
created by: BookLikes
back to group
I'd like, when viewing a channel, to have a buttom that brings up all the reviews that the channel has done; preferably in a list form with just title and star rating; (even like a timeline view, but just containing the review posts) and then I can click on the individual review to find out more about it. (you know, like beneath blog, shelf and timeline)

A channel search for the word, "review," seems to bring up every post in which the word has been used.

I ask this because in the, "shelf," view, not all my reviews are showing; and also sometimes I review something which can't be put on the shelf.
The tag search for "review" shows all texts with a review tag in Dash view (reviews of all BL community).

You can view the reviews of people you follow by selecting "Review" in the right column: Dashboard view.

When you go directly to blogs, click Shelf and select "Reviewed" shelf to view books that were reviewed by a given blogger. To view a review hover over the book cover and then click the "review" link - you'll be moved to the review text by this very blogger.

If you wish to present your reviews on your blog as a separate menu entry (under Blog, Shelf , Timeline links), you can do this by tagging your review with a unique tag and creating an additional page in Settings/Pages with a Simple text page or Redirect to URL page.
Have a look at this blogger: http://julia2000.booklikes.com/ - click Reviews in the menu to see her review(s)
OR
http://jenn.booklikes.com/ - click the genres to see texts and reviews by this blogger with books from the genres.

Hope this will help you in finding great reads and interesting reviews of BL community. In case of any questions, drop us a line (contact@booklikes.com).
Thanks for your remark.
Would it be possible to like and comment on all books updates, and not just on blog entries only?
Reply to post #540 (show post):

Thanks! It's definitely something we want to & will add to your Dashboard :-)
This may be somewhere in the previous 35 pages so sorry if I am repeating something. One of the few features I liked and used all the time at GR was this little window on the right side advertising books. I know that it was a paid advertising thing but I was wondering if BL could implement something like off reviews of their members.

Good reviews or bad and from all members because that way I can see what everybody is reading. not just the members I follow. Just a list, maybe a few words of description, of what we are/were reading for the week running in a little box on the side.

Reply to post #542 (show post):

Thanks for that. So we had a plan of introducing something like this once we put together the whole make over thing. Our main idea was to make the platform more 'discoverable' just like you said, so that you get to see new books, authors & bloggers through every engagement you get on BL.

Can't say more, but yes, what you said makes 100% sense to us!
Could we get series information on the author's book list page?
Thanks for the suggestion.
It is added to our plans and will appear asap.
YAY! Thanks! :D
Hi, Leafmarks is shutting down July 1st, and it would be great if you could add a way to import their files?
Reply to post #531 (show post):

we would love to do that, but this is currently problematic.
What are the chances of making it possible to download our books into csv?
Reply to post #510 (show post):

Unfortunately, the csv file from Leafmarks doesn't work with our import. Very sorry.
No, I mean can we download our BOOKLIKES books into a csv?
Actually is not possibility to export csv file form BookLikes, as it is not under our policies.
Need help?