In this update, I've completed 5 more bingo squares & blacked out my card- Yay!
For my 'Graphic Novel or Comic Book' square,
I chose Who are the Mystery Men by David Liss- It features pulp-era
characters in Marvel continuity. I'm not a big reader of comic books but I actually liked it.
For my 'Read on Vacation' square,
I chose Ezekiel Boone's The Hatching- It was absolutely fantastic! Well the
vacation actually came to us- we had a "stay-cation" as they say.
Some of our out-of-town relatives & friends stayed for about
two weeks for the July 4th holiday. We did do a day trip out-of-state
one day but for the most part we hung out by the pool and the lake.
For my 'Adapted for the Big Screen' square,
I read Rick Yancey's The Last Star- It's the third book in
The Fifth Wave series which has been Adapted for the big screen.
For my 'Book by a Dead Author' square,
I read The Golden One by Elizabeth Peters- She is one
of my favorite authors and I wish she was still around to share her
amazing talent & stories. She'll be remembered for years to come I hope!
For my 'Book with a Terrible Cover' square,
I actually had the perfect book for this square but haven't brought myself to
read it yet so I'm substituting another book I read, The Levee by Michael McDowell.
It's creepy and kind of ugly but the other book has it beat by a long-shot. I can't put off reading/reviewing it much longer though so hopefully I can use it for Halloween Bingo.
1. Beach, Sand or Sun on Cover : Boar Island by Nevada Barr
2. New To You Author: Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
3. First Book of a New Series: The Amber Project by J.N. Chaney
4. Adapted for the Big Screen: The Last Star by Rick Yancey
5. A Blast From the Past-Historical Fiction: Brooklyn on Fire by Lawrence H. Levy
6. Graphic Novel or Comic Book: Who are the Mystery Men by David Liss
7. Published June, July or August: Summit by Harry Farthing
8. Comfort Read: In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
9. Read in a Boat, Tent or Cabin: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
10. A Book That's Been on Your Shelf for Over a Year: Dark Matter by Michelle Paver
11. Romance: The Hunt by Megan Shepherd
12. A Book by a Dead Author: The Golden One by Elizabeth Peters
13. *Free Space*
14. Summer Word in the Title: Ice Station Nautilus by Rick Campbell
15. A Hard Book: In the Hope of Memories by Olivia Rivers
16. Travel-Trains, Planes or Road Trips: Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin
17. Mystery or Suspense: Silence for the Dead by Simone St. James
18. Book Bust or Bummer: I Remember You by Yrsa Sigurđardóttir
19. More Than 400 Pages Long: A Darker Shade of Sorcery by William Collins
20. Favorite Re-Read: Thirteen at Dinner by Agatha Christie
21. YA or Children's Title: Click Here to Start by Denis Markell
22. Space Opera or Other Sci-Fi: Extinction Edge by Nicholas Sansbury Smith
23. Read on Vacation: The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone
24. A Book with a Terrible Cover: The Levee by Michael McDowell
25. Fantasy: Bookburners: Season One-Episode 2 by Brian Francis Slattery
Hosted By: Moonlight Reader