logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: audiobook-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-11-12 22:34
A good cozy read
Murder at the Mansion - Janet Finsilver

Renovations are going on over at the Redwood Cove B&B, so Kelly's boss has her putting up guest in a Victorian mansion he has since it's whale watching season. Kelly's in control of keeping track of the antique items but then she discovers a body and things take a different turn.

Kelly is not real interested in looking for a killer but she hates that they think that Stevie could be blamed since they already think he might have been the one stealing things from the mansion, as well as one other person. So she does a little snooping and that leads her to finding some interesting things along the way. Someone doesn't want her snooping and tries to get rid of her so now the cops are trying to keep her safe as they try and catch the killer.

Second book in the Kelly Jackson mysteries and I really enjoyed it. Kelly just wants to run her B&B but right now that is not happening so she tries to make the most of it. She doesn't really want to get involved in a murder investigation but at the same time she can't help but be a little curious about things going on. It has a great bunch of secondary characters and one of my favorites is the little boy Tommy, he is adorable.

Overall, I think this is a fun series and if you are a fan of cozies you should check out this series!!

review 2017-10-31 23:16
Good crafty book. :)
By Hook or by Crook - Betty Hechtman

It’s been awhile since I dipped into the Crochet Mysteries but it didn’t take long to remember Molly Pink and her gang of crafty crocheters.

While at a get together the crochet bunch was having a great time and never seen who dropped off a package in a paper bag until everyone was gone. Inside it contained a letter of remorse and a crocheted piece that contains clues. Clues that everyone thinks Molly can figure out because she is a pretty good sleuth.

They find out who it belongs to and when Molly goes to drop it off she finds the lady dead. She doesn’t want to be involved with another dead body nor does she want to deal with the female detective who can’t stand her because she is dating Barry another detective.

Molly and the gang go on some adventures trying to figure out what happened and what some of the pictures might mean on the crocheted piece. Molly of course gets herself in a heap of trouble and this time Barry is not around much to be of any help.

The pieces start falling into place when she realizes something about one of the crochet members and how it might have bearing on the mystery, but it also gets her in a spot of trouble.

I haven’t always been a huge fan of Molly Pink but I think she is kind of growing on me cause I really enjoyed this one and her misadventures.

There is a bit of trouble in romantic paradise and I am not sure how I feel about that, but guess I will have to see how things go.

I enjoyed the mystery and didn’t have a clue who the killer was but I like that. Great series for anyone who loves cozies and crafty themes.

review 2017-10-09 23:28
Fun little cozy.
Pumpkins in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery Book 1) - Kathi Daley

It’s Halloween time but it’s also the school reunion for TJ Jenson and things are hoping. Things get a little tense around when they find out that a news reporter from Second Look is coming to town to investigate a cold case. The murder happened when TJ was in High School and nobody had really thought of it since even though the case was never solved.

A lot of people are not happy with Samatha being there because they don’t want their secrets surfaced especially the killer because she soon dies in a car accident and nobody is sure if it was accidental or murder. Roy, the policemen in town is a bit overwhelmed with this since he is now the only cop. (can’t say why cause I don’t want to spoil things) So TJ comes on board to help him figure things out since she has been really good at it in the past.

I really like TJ and how she has stepped up and taken charge of your younger siblings. I love how her dad is so welcoming to them even though they are not his kids. It’s a really close knit family and TJ is learning how to balance being sort of mother but sister at the same time. She learns more it seems with each book and I am glad things are going well with her in the relationship department.

It’s just fun being back with a bunch of characters I really enjoy.

It has a good murder and there were a lot of suspects and I never managed to figure out exactly who did it as the one I really thought did it wasn’t the killer.

These cozies are short but always have great story lines and a great mystery and I really like them. If you like cozies and are in the mood for a good short read then check out this series!

review 2017-10-06 01:24
This series is just wacky and crazy. I love it!
Play That Funky Music White Koi (Lemon Layne Mystery) - Hollie Jackson,Dakota Cassidy

This is a fun book, I mean just look at that title. :) If you want to laugh and still have a decent murder mystery then you should try this series! :)

Lemon Layne isn't looking to get into any more murder mysteries but then Cappie comes to her house and they discover a dead body in her Koi pond. Of course, Cappie who is the fun loving conspiracy theorist sees that she has two punctures in her neck, starts speaking of vampires!! You just got to love Cappie!

Lemon really doesn't want to get involved but when someone dies in your Koi pond how could you not be curious and want to find out what happened. She can't help it if people talk to her and she finds out all about Amy from her friends and they were into alternative medicines, etc.

I really like Lemon as she is a fun character but I really love the side characters like Cappie as he cracks me up! It also has a pretty decent mystery for being only 4 hour and 40 minute listen. I just let the killer slip through my fingers as I just didn't suspect that person and it should have been pretty obvious...lol. :)

If you love wacky and zany characters then you should try this series. It's great after you have listened to something heavy and need a light crazy book. :)

The Narrator

I am getting to where I enjoy Hollie Jackson more and more with each read. She does a good job with this series.

text 2017-10-05 16:34
Reading progress update: I've listened 25 out of 300 minutes.

This series just cracks me up. It's purely for laugh out loud fun but they do have good short little mysteries. They have a conspiracy theorist that lives in town and in the first book the murder looked like a zombie did it and in this one there are puncture wounds so he thinks it's a vampire!! HEHE Just pure fun!