Buy Las Vegas Tales from:
Excerpt from The Guardian
(Las Vegas Tales 1) by Amber Malloy
All rights reserved.Copyright ©2017 Amber Malloy
About the Author:
Amber Malloy dreamed of being a double agent but couldn’t pass the psyche evaluation. Crushed by despair that she couldn’t legally shoot things, Amber pursued her second career choice as pastry chef. When she’s not writing or whipping up a mean Snickers Cheesecake, she occasionally spies on her sommelier. Amber is convinced he’s faking his French accent.Amber loves to talk to her readers and can be found at www.ambermalloy.com
Heads up for a couple of things before I get to the story by story breakdown:
- Sexily explicit. This feels like a "duh" but just to be extra clear...
- Great, if you like... Brown beauties with coke bottle figures, men who lavish them and squirting. There's all kinds of positions, and places. I like how it's not drawn out sessions; There's several instances of “wish I could've lasted longer but...” and that unable to hold it back passion is HOT.
- All of these stories switch POVs between the man and woman.
- All of the stories are straight, one man and one woman. I was honestly really disappointed. I don't think BW + BW/WOC get enough attention or stories. I have to admit, this is my biggest complaint.
- The food comparisons for skin tone is prevalent. I know it's problematic AF when white people, but given Amber isn't and the majority is pussy eating related, I just want to give a heads up for BW who can't/don't want to read books including such descriptions. Further reading on the subject can be found here:
- I've been informed video interracial porn uses phrases certain racial phrases that I'm uncomfortable even repeating. Thankfully, none of that nonsense here. Here's the best least problematic example I found to share from Yo, Is This Racist?
Story by Story Review:
- The first story, The Guardian, threw me for a loop with what was happen. I know two high school flames are locked together in a safe house while one sells a casino. It was hot, but what they were talking about? Not a clue. Just enjoy it.
- High Art, the second story following a painter and her deceased benefactor's husband is my second favorite and it's a really close, almost tied for my absolute favorite. But more on that in a min. I LOVED Bebe's painting style and subject matter, A+. And her social skills are not a gimmick. How she met the “what's wrong with you questions?” head on and her “if that's what you mean response”, A+. I also have a soft spot for the deep throating scenes. The only thing that still bothers me is WTF happens next?! Are they okay together? They broke or what?!? This open ending is irritating and it's best for me not to think about it more.
- Beauty & The Boxer is the third story and my FAVE. Like want a full book following their next steps kind of favorite. It's starts off as the morning after with The Boxer telling The Baker what whirlwind they went through together the night before. They immediately hooked me and I loved how the story unfolded. Her worry about sitting on his face? The baking show competition? Money worries and goals? Being the “black sheep” of the family status? Her retro style and insecurity? Their relationship? Just ALL the LOVE. They are so adorable and sexy and I am SO in their corner.
- Run, Pussycat, Run is the final story in this collection. Set in the mob days of Old Las Vegas in the clubs featured in The Guardian during their glamours heydays. I will admit I had slight problems following this one as well, the logistics...it just seems like so long, and so bad and so easy to get out of trouble. But everything else, them being a long standing couple and fighting for each other? D'AWWWW.