logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: arc-review-copy
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-08-06 17:40
Review: Until We're More (Fighting For Her #2) by Cindi Madsen
Until We're More - Cindi Madsen

Chelsea is smart, funny, gorgeous, and the best friend I’ve ever had. Ever since she left, I’ve been a wreck. I’ve been focused on keeping my family’s MMA gym afloat while I train and coach fighters, anything to not miss her more. But now she's finally back, along with her grumpy, possessive cat, and things are weird between us.

By weird, I mean I can’t stop thinking about her in that way. She’s in the room next door, and it takes all my control not to storm in there, sweep her up, and bring her back to my bed. Even stranger, I’m pretty sure she’d be into it.

And this time, I’m not going to stop fighting until we’re more.

This book easily made it on my favorite books by Cindi Madsen.

It was fresh, funny, sweet, romantic and steamy all in one, but also heartwarming.

Once I started it I knew I would love it and couldn’t put it down until I’m done and that is exactly what happened.

I just fell in love with Liam and Chelsea, the story, their background and the nice tortures slow burn we know and love from Cindi Madsen . We get plenty of humor and banter between the two.  But also some nice heartwarming moments not only between the two but also their friends and family and some we have met in book one.

I loved both Liam and Chelsea separately but together they were almost too much cuteness and sexiness .Some scenes where just too funny but also super cute and hot. Both also were super easy to relate to and not just because she is a bookworm …lol

Overall I really loved this book and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series. If you are a fan of rom-coms, contemporary romance and/or  Cindi Madsen, than his book is a must.

I rate it 5 ★because it was just that awesome and cute for me.

Related image

Buy Links

Will available  August 27th 2018

Amazon *** B&N *** Kobo

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/index.php/2018/08/06/review-until-were-more-fighting-for-her-2-by-cindi-madsen
review 2018-07-20 16:08
[Book Review] The Girl in the Green Silk Gown
The Girl in the Green Silk Gown - Seanan McGuire

Previously Reviewed

If you're reading The Girl in the Green Silk Dress you should already know all the major players.  Rose Marshall, Bobby Cross, Apple, Emma, Gary, Laura, the Ocean Lady, and even Persephone.  They all had their parts to play in Sparrow Hill Road

This is in many ways the first true novel about Rose, Sparrow Hill Road being a collection of short stories.  As a protagonist Rose is a mix, she is a force to be reckoned with, but at the same time spends much of the story being pushed or pulled through obstacles (or by obstacles), while avoiding her primary goal of the story... defeating Bobby Cross.  In her defense, no one knows how to achieve that, and he's put her in a situation she doesn't have the tools to defeat him with until it's fixed.

Rose also has growing pains, at the end of the last novel she was reunited with her teenage love, and they are both learning about each other and what being together as ghosts means... and what their type of existence requires.  Her other relationships grow, change, and develop too, adding depth and filled with twists both expected and surprising.

I'm seeing this book listed in places as 2 of 2 in its series, and I'm hoping that's an error.  There is a lot unanswered, unfinished, in this story, and I want to see where this road takes us.

Advance Reader Copy courtesy of DAW (Penguin RandomHouse) in exchange for an honest review; changes may exist between galley and the final edition

Source: libromancersapprentice.blogspot.com/2018/07/book-review-girl-in-green-silk-gown.html
review 2018-07-18 17:19
Review: The Rending and the Nest by Kaethe Schwehn
The Rending and the Nest - Kaethe Schwehn

When ninety-five percent of the world’s population disappears for no apparent reason, Mira does what she can to create some semblance of a life: She cobbles together a haphazard community named Zion, scavenges the Piles for supplies they might need, and avoids loving anyone she can’t afford to lose. Four years after the Rending, Mira has everything under control. Almost.

Then Mira’s best friend, Lana, announces her pregnancy, the first in this strange world and a new source of hope for Mira. But Lana gives birth to an inanimate object—and soon other women of Zion do, too—and the thin veil of normalcy Mira has thrown over her new world begins to fray. As the community wrestles with the presence of these Babies, a confident outsider named Michael appears, proselytizing about the world outside Zion. He lures Lana away and when she doesn’t return, Mira has to decide how much she’s willing to let go in order to save her friend, her community, and her own fraught pregnancy.

*I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

1 ½ ★

Sadly this book was a DNF, I don’t like to DNF books and I rarely do it but I just couldn’t connect with this book.

I like to say that the writing is what put me off, and that I’m sure many people will enjoy this book and its writing style. It just was not for me.

For one it seemed a bit too much philosophy for me. Yes, I like when I book makes you think and maybe see a bigger pictures but as far as I read this book was too much of it, almost was like fill in the blanks feeling for me. It started out with the world building or the lack of it, in this case. We are just thrown into the story with very little info about the world or prior events. We don’t know why 95% of humanity disappeared or what lead up to it. It’s just a fact no explanation or anything and we just supposed to take it. While sometimes that can make a book, it defiantly didn’t in this case, at least not for me. It just made me feel lost and disconnected to the book. That also goes for the characters. I had a hard time to connect to any of them and it just felt sort flat to me.

Another issue I had was that it seemed incredible slow to me , I only made it to page 116 but it felt like I read 300 some pages. But to be honest it could have been just the fact that I was not a huge fan of the book.

While this book was not for me, I still think plenty if people would enjoy it and appreciate the writing style much more than I did.

I rate it 1 ½ ★ for the 116 pages that I have read if the book.

Image result for nah gif

Buy Links

Amazon *** B&N *** Kobo

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/index.php/2018/07/18/review-the-rending-and-the-nest-by-kaethe-schwehn
text 2018-05-16 18:30
*grabby hands*
Brief Cases (Dresden Files) - Jim Butcher

So... starts off with a Weird West story featuring a young Luccio... and an introduction that Butcher now has an idea for a series focusing on her.

WANT!

review 2018-04-04 13:07
Review: Forget You (The Kingman Brothers #1) by Nina Crespo
Forget You (The Kingman Brothers #1) - Nina Crespo

Sophie Jordan dreams about hooking up with Nicolas “King” Kingman—the gorgeous CEO of her company—but as her boss, he’ll always remain out of reach. King knows he isn’t built for happily-ever-afters and only indulges in brief romantic encounters. But when Sophie agrees to fill in as his last-minute date to a charity gala, an unexpected discovery quickly escalates their platonic relationship to one of passion.

King is determined to ignore their attraction and, feeling betrayed, Sophie severs ties with him and the company. Everything changes, however, when he’s injured in an accident, and Sophie agrees to help until he closes a major deal. Unfortunately, he’s developed amnesia, and although he doesn’t remember their night together, desire binds them in ways they can’t resist.

Time is running out on closing the deal, as well as Sophie moving on to her new career. Will King deny love in favor of winning and lose Sophie forever?

1 ½ ★

Sadly there was not much about this book that I enjoyed except that it was fairly short and I can get through it fast. I was going to DNF it but since I agreed to review it and wanted the review to be fair I figured I better read the whole book .

Reading the blurb I really thought it would maybe be a but funny and interesting. But really it was not all the funny and more some bad romance clichés over and over again throughout the book,

I didn’t enjoy the characters. King really was more of an A$$hole than anything and really just seemed comfortable in that role.  Sophie was often very whiny and annoying and half the time her charm bracelets were more interesting than her.

It had some funny moments but not that many or something that stood out, I think I rolled my eyes more than anything throughout the book,

Sadly this book was not for me but I'm sure there are plenty of people who can appreciate King and Sophie more than I did

I rate it 1 ½ ★

Image result for heavy eye roll