logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: arc-review-copy
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-11-04 13:06
Review: A Cowboy Never Quits (Turn Around Ranch #1) by Cindi Madsen
A Cowboy Never Quits - Cindi Madsen

These hardworking cowboys give everyone a second chance...

When single mom Jessica Cook is at the end of her rope, she takes her 16-year-old daughter to Turn Around Ranch. The ranch has a great reputation for teen therapy, and Jessica prays there's room there for her and Chloe. Wade Dawson's first priority is to keep the ranch afloat to help teens and their families. But he can't seem to keep his boundaries when it comes to Jessica—she's talked her way into a job on the ranch so she can stay near her daughter and her tenacity and courage are truly impressive. Not to mention she's a natural beauty and sparks fly whenever he's in her vicinity. But as one crisis after another befalls the ranch, Wade is going to have to decide whether he can afford to let a woman get under his skin...

I received a free copy from the publisher via Netgalley and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

Cindi Madsen has become my auto-buy author a long time again and this book again proofs why. I read the entire book in one sitting, because I didn’t want to miss a single minute with these characters.

I loved everything about this book, the story, the setting, the humor and romance but most of all the characters. Cindi Madsen is a master in creating realistic, down to earth, likable characters that you can’t help falling for. Whether it is the what seems like at first grumpy but hot cowboy, with a heart of gold or the funny single mom who can really use a break and works as a cook but really can’t cook.

I really enjoyed them both and the chemistry between Jessica and Wade was of the charts from the beginning.

I loved not only the growing romance but also all the friendships that were being build. And to see how much each character grew in their own way and at their own pace.

Overall, another awesome book with romance, humor and friendships. I can only highly recommend, but not only this book but all books by this author.

I rate it full 5 ★

Will be available December 31st 2019

Amazon*** B&N

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/index.php/2019/11/04/review-a-cowboy-never-quits-turn-around-ranch-1-by-cindi-madsen
review 2019-09-30 14:02
CHRISTMAS ARC REVIEW Snowfall on Cedar Trail by Annie Rains

Snowfall on Cedar Trail: Two full books for the price of one (Sweetwater Springs Book 3)Sweetwater Springs #3, Holona and Alex have been dancing around their attraction for years, since they were both young, but because Alex was best friends with her brother he never wanted to cross that line. Holona ended up getting married and having a son, her husband was a big football star who died in a skiing accident shortly after divorcing her. Holona loved her husband but their was a side of him she never wanted anyone to know about unfortunately Alex was witness to that once but Alex still only knows half the story.

Alex thinks that Holona doesn't want anything to do with him because that one time he arrested her husband, but fate keeps putting them together and finally when Alex gets picked to be her son's mentor

they finally give in to the attraction. Holona's son, Theo, stopped talking after his father died. Holona always doing what she thinks is best for her son she enters him the new mentor program hoping he can find a good male role model.

Alex is tormented by the unsolved murder of his father. Ever year he reopens the case and questions the witness again and tries to find who killed his father. This year is different this year he was given a clue, and now he's worried that going after this person might put Holona and Theo in jeopardy.

Overall, this was a really great read. It's just over 300 pages and it goes by so quickly. The cuteness factor is really high with both Theo and Officer Chew the foster puppy Alex takes in. The romantic build up between Alex and Holona doesn't take long and their chemistry is great. Even as book three this works as a stand alone but all three books and the novella are wonderful reads.

review 2019-09-23 14:51
CHRISTMAS ARC REVIEW Christmas with a Cowboy by Carolyn Brown
I've started my Season's Readings, I'm going to try every Monday to post a New or Favorite Christmas read.

Christmas with a Cowboy (Longhorn Canyon, #5)Longhorn Canyon Ranch #5, Maverick Callahan hasn't been the same since he got back from his Ireland vacation with his Grammy Iris. Since then he has been helping his cousins set up their ranch but when Grammy falls out the pear tree and has to have her hip replaced and her foreman goes off to visit family she needs help around the ranch. She already has a housekeeper, the granddaughter of her best friend whom she invited over to spend the holidays.
Bridget O'Malley lost her best friend, gained guardianship of a new born baby, Laela, and lost her grandmother all in a couple months of each other. So when her grandmother's best friend, Iris, calls and offers her a place to stay and spend the holiday while making some money she jumps at the chance, even if that means leaving Ireland for a couple of months.

Bridget and Maverick met in Ireland on his last night there and spent the night together, since that night neither has been able to stop thinking about he other but they didn't exchange number or even get each other's last names. When Bridget gets to Texas she never expected to find her cowboy is none other than Iris's grandson. But she's not he same girl she was a year ago she's a mother now and just can't fall into bed with a good looking cowboy. Maverick knows as soon as he sees Bridget again it was fate. He wants her to stay but he just a cowboy with nothing to his name, he has nothing to offer her except his love. Bridget is torn between her love for Maverick and her love of Ireland, she worried that things aren't going to last, that her homesickness will make her miserable, she worries about a lot of things but her love for Maverick isn't one.

Overall, it's a real sweet romance, things get hot and heavy between Mav and Bridget but in the typical Carolyn Brown fashion (she mainly leaves it up to your imagination). I loved Laela, and how quickly Mav bonded with her and Iris is a hoot. I love all the characters and it was such a nice easy read.

review 2019-09-16 14:17
ARC REVIEW The Paris Orphan by Natasha Lester
The Paris OrphanA beautifully told story that sweeps you away to a time of war, a place where women struggled for equality. Photojournalist Jessica May sets out to photograph the war from a woman perspective, but what she got was a bunch of men  who thought the war was no place for a woman, unless you were a nurse. It took a year of hassle but finally women journalist were finally allowed on the front line. Jess attached herself to Dan Hallworth's battalion over the previous year they became good friends and he more than once help get her out of trouble and always treated her as an equal. Along with Dan and his men Jess also befriended Dan's adopted niece, Victorine. Victorine was orphaned and taken in by Dan's brother who died shortly after leaving Dan to take care of her the best way he could in the middle of a war.

2004: D'Arcy Hallworth comes to France to organize and oversee the transportation of a famous anonymous photographer's collection for its first ever showing in Australia or anywhere else. D'Arcy was hand picked to do the job what D'Arcy finds are the published and unpublished works of her idol, a war time photographer who disappeared after the war and her connection to D'Arcy's mother and father; a history she never knew.

I loved Jess's story, it was beautifully told and so realistic. The historical elements, the atrocities of WWII are hard to fathom at times and it takes the photos and the stories which aren't always pleasant to hear about to remind up this actually happened. Natasha Lester captures that time frame and those events on the front line and military politics concerning women so well and throwing in real people adds to that. Jess and Dan's friendship blossoms into something beautiful and I absolutely loved their story. D'Arcy on the other hand I thought it seemed rushed. I didn't quite feel the connection between D'Arcy and Josh as much as I did Jess and Dan and the ending seemed very abrupt and I was a little disappointed with that. Overall, it's a brilliant story.

review 2019-06-17 15:32
Cinderella Story
Sorrow (Thornskinned Heroines #1) - Saiteru S.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book via the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Sorrow is a retelling or to be more accurate a continuation of Cinderella. The story is told in prose poetry and poetry, designed as messages and letters sent to various people or a newspaper report.

What Saiteru S. does is continue the story of Cinderella while addressing and mediating on the questions of love and abuse as well as duty. This is done though letters and telegrams that Cinderella sends to various people in her story.

In doing so, Saiteru has combined various Cinderella variants. The story moves far beyond the Disney version with singing mice. What also makes the work stand out is the brief, bare outline that is used. It is in some ways more of an internal monologue, yet the varied letters and reports bring a different look to Cinderella, one that is not seen very often.

The frame, of a discovery of a mummy with a glass shoe, works quite well and plays with the idea of the truth. If a Cinderella exists in most culture, is there one true Cinderella idea that is being used to great effect. The not fully revealing of what happened works with the conceit and makes the story more powerful. Saiteru’s Cinderella is hardly a shy and retiring type. It is her connection to the kingdom that also raises the questions of the ability to rule and the structure of families that are not fully addressed in many Cinderella folk and fairy stories.

This is a lovely and powerful reimagining of Cinderella. I look forward to more in this series.