logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: arc-review-copy
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-12-05 14:13
ARC REVIEW The Last True Cowboy by Laura Drake

The Last True Cowboy (Chestnut Creek, #1)Chestnut Creek #1, This is a new author for me and I am so glad I picked this one up. It amazed me how real this book seemed to me, how emotionally this book pulled me in and the citizens of Unforgiven are right Carly and Austin are better than T.V. I also loved that this book took place in New Mexico, as much as I love my home state of Texas it's nice to see NM get some attention.

Carly and Austin have been together since Kindergarten and shared the same dreams through it all until Carly didn't any more. At twenty-nine Carly figured she'd be married already with babies already but Austin first love is the rodeo and his "one more year" got to be one year too many. Unfortunately for Carly no one believes that she's serious that she had it with Austin, so in a fit of rebelliousness she buys a motorcycle, and then she goes of to Albuquerque to let off some steam. Austin has a hard time reconciling the fact that Carly means business and after he realizes it he's left at a loss and this time there is no more "one more year" he leaves the rodeo and now he left floundering, wondering if he can achieve his dream without Carly.

Overall, this is probably one of the best second chance books I've read in awhile. The old adage, If you love something let it go, fits in nicely with this story. I love that Carly and Austin had to grow up apart from each other to find out who they really were as adults and not just love sick kidds. This is a sweet and sexy story that plays with your heartstrings. First person that switches between Carly and Austin mostly Carly at the beginning but as the book goes on you see more and more of Austin's POV. Carly's past of self discovery is quite amusing and I love Nevada, I'm glad she's getting her own book.

review 2018-12-04 14:50
ARC REVIEW The Cottage on Rose Lane by Hope Ramsay

The Cottage on Rose LaneMoonlight Bay #1, I was not expecting to love this as much as I did. I didn't know what to expect but what I found was a young woman trying to find herself after a life altering inheritance and a young man trying to save his family's history and culture. I also found a town on the coast where the locals are treated like family and everyone else is a tourist. It's deeper that I would have expected the emotions run hot you're not just dealing with Jude and Jenny's emotions with each other but with their relationship with the other townspeople and family.

Jenny Fosse is alone in the world she never knew her father and her mother lost her battle with cancer a few years earlier. Out of the blue she receives notice that she is the sole heir of a multi billionaire legacy from the grandfather she never knew she had. But soon after she lost her dream job and with no idea what to do she went on a journey of self discovery all over Asia and India. After a year and she still didn't know what to do the lawyer she inherited suggest trying to connect to her great-uncle and aunt her only living relatives and find out more about her father but the bad blood between the brothers leaves Jenny with no clue how to go forward so she first decides to test the waters first go in incognito and see how she will be received.

Jude St. Pierre is on a mission to save his ancestral lands and the slowly disappearing culture with it. With this battle he's fighting land developers who want to turn into a resort and half the townspeople who don't see the cultural importance. He's also fighting his drunk father who is slowly ruining their fishing charter business who won't let Jude expand or even get a bank loan to help with some costs. When Jude meets Jenny it's an instant attraction, but he's to scared of making the same mistake his father did with his mother that Jude is hesitant to get involved with her especially since he thinks she's working with the land developers and is a corporate spy. Jenny wants sailing lessons, she learned her father loved to sail and feels like it will bring her closer to him and she is willing to pay for them. Jude needs the money or otherwise he'd say, no, and despite being ten times harder on her than he needs to be she still wants to learn from him. The longer Jenny stays in town the more she falls in love with it, the more she wants to help them especially Jude. But Jenny is lying about who she is and why she's there and she knows it's only a matter of time before they find out.

Overall, it was a very emotional story and the characters are so well written you get emotionally attached to the whole town. I can't wait for the next one.

review 2018-10-15 14:02
Review: Star Wars: Lando's Luck by Justina Ireland
Star Wars: Lando''s Luck - Justina Ireland

An all-new adventure starring Lando Calrissian and L3-37 onboard the Millennium Falcon.

When Lando Calrissian gets caught smuggling on the planet Hynestia, the queen agrees to let him go if he delivers something called the Solstice Globe to the Empire on her behalf. Lando is relieved that his punishment is a simple delivery mission-but he soon discovers things are not as simple as they seem. The queen's daughter, Princess Rinetta, has stowed away on the Millennium Falcon and demands Lando and L3-37 take the globe back to its home planet, which needs the globe to survive. Now Lando has to choose: Do what's right, or do what's best for Lando. But if he's lucky enough, he just might be able to do both....

*I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

I love Star Wars and the Star Wars universe. I'm not a mega fan like some people but I still like it and enjoy it very much. It is something I share with my kids and family. So when this book came up for review I was excited. Since I read some excerpts from the book and liked them I was even more excited.

That being said... I really enjoyed it for the most part but towards the end it seemed to drag a bit. It almost seemed stuck. Which slowed down the book and the pace of it a bit.

Some of the characters came over flat especially if they were not main characters, but overall they were fun and easy to follow.

If you know Star wars you know the world and it was fun revisiting them.... the book also had some very awesome and fun illustration that I enjoyed.

The book is rather short (for me) with under 200 pages but that will make it the perfect size for some kids. But I think the book is pretty much for young and old if you enjoy Star Wars.

Overall fun great book.... though it has some slow moments.

I rate it 3★

Image result for star wars clone wars wookie gif

Buy Links

Amazon *** B&N

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/index.php/2018/10/15/review-star-wars-landos-luck-by-justina-ireland
review 2018-10-10 14:33
Review: Consumed by J.R. Ward
Consumed - J.R. Ward

Strong-willed Anne was fearless and loved the thrill of fighting fires, pushing herself to be the best. But when one risky decision at a warehouse fire changes her life forever, Anne must reinvent not only her job, but her whole self.

Shattered and demoralized, Anne finds her new career as an arson investigator a pale substitute for the adrenaline-fueled life she left behind. She doesn't believe she will ever feel that same all-consuming passion for her job again--until she encounters a string of suspicious fires setting her beloved city ablaze.

Danny McGuire is a premiere fireman, best in the county, but in the midst of a personal meltdown. Danny is taking risks like never before and seems to have a death wish until he teams up with Anne to find the fire starter. But Danny may be more than a distraction, and as Anne narrows in on her target, the arsonist begins to target her.

From the creator of the bestselling Black Dagger Brotherhood, get ready for a new band of brothers. And a firestorm . . .

3 ½ ★

This is my first book by J.R Ward. I heard many good things about her and her Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, I just never had the chance to read them, yet. So I was excited when I had the chance to read and review this book.

Did I like it ? Yes, sure it was a good book, I liked the story and the concept and it kept me glued to the pages. It was a thriller with lots of action but also romance and plenty of smexy time. I did enjoy that the romance part, while pretty heavy was also was not taking over and carrying away from the story. It just fit really well.

There were a few things that I personally don't really care for..... One the swearing....... don't get me wrong I swear like a sailor and don't mind swearing or the f$ck word but in this case it just seemed forced. It seemed like they had to swear or they were not cool or whatever ... not sure how to explain it other than it felt forced.

Another thing was ....... the over detailed description on some things.... or repeating describing the same thing over and over. Like how heavy and the gear is .... Which yes it is .. I know firsthand but even if not I think I would have gotten the hint after it mentioned three times, no reason to repeat it even more times.

Characters....I liked them and they were easy to follow and relate to..... of course they all had their issues to work through and some more severe than others.... Though Anne was not my favorite, while I love and look forward to strong woman she was a bit annoying and seemed a bit forced to. Almost like she keep having to proof to herself how strong she is, while yeah at some points that was true others it just seemed overdone.

Overall I enjoyed this book and the story and I would read it again and looking forward to the next book on the series.

I rate it 3 ½ ★

Related image

Buy Links

Amazon *** B&N *** Kobo

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/index.php/2018/10/10/review-consumed-firefighters-1-by-j-r-ward
text 2018-10-01 12:05
September 2018 Round- Up

Hello everyone.

I hope you had a wonderful September and a nice start to the fall season. Fall is my favorite season but not because of pumpkins, which I really dislike lol. But I love snuggling up and read with either a nice cup of coffee or tea.

Speaking of reading I did get a fair amount of books in this month, now I just need to find the motivation and time to write the reviews.

As you probably saw the summer time giveaway is over, all winners have been notified. We have a new giveaway up, to make it easier to put it in here at the end ;)  October is coming and with that some awesome new books. Here are some I'm looking forward to. The one I'm most looking forward to and most likely I will make sure I can read is

Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas

Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)

Here are just a few of all the awesome October releases.

Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor

25446343

What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli

36260157

The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout

34221193

Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost

38388574

As for what I'm reading for now ... Last month I mentioned I started Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers. I decided to wait a bit longer with it since it doesn't release until February 2019 so I put it aside.

But right now I'm working on Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

33784284

Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

The story's shocking twists and turns, augmented with real, sinister period photos, will make this #1 New York Times bestselling debut from author Kerri Maniscalco impossible to forget.

And I think I will start Cress by Marissa Meyer today

13206828

In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a higher price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.

October goals? Just one, having read all my ARCs in time, so I can read Kingdom of Ash when it releases. Other than that I will just go with the flow.

Okay here are finally all my September reads as always you can find the buy-link in the reviews that will be linked. I hope and wishing everyone a happy and maybe spooky October ;)

Happy Reading :)

The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon

Paige Mahoney has escaped the brutal prison camp of Sheol I, but her problems have only just begun: many of the survivors are missing and she is the most wanted person in London . . . As Scion turns its all-seeing eye on Paige, the mime-lords and mime-queens of the city’s gangs are invited to a rare meeting of the Unnatural Assembly. Jaxon Hall and his Seven Seals prepare to take center stage, but there are bitter fault lines running through the clairvoyant community and dark secrets around every corner. Then the Rephaim begin crawling out from the shadows. Paige must keep moving, from Seven Dials to Grub Street to the secret catacombs of Camden, until the fate of the underworld can be decided.

4 ½ ★

The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout

When seventeen-year-old Evie Dasher is caught up in a raid at a notorious club known as one of the few places where humans and the surviving Luxen can mingle freely, she meets Luc, an unnaturally beautiful guy she initially assumes is a Luxen…but he is in fact something much more powerful. Her growing attraction for Luc will lead her deeper and deeper into a world she’d only heard about, a world where everything she thought she knew will be turned on its head…

#1 New York Times, USA Today, and internationally bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout returns to the universe of the Lux in this brand new series, featuring beloved characters both new and old.

3 ★

Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

Anna never knew werewolves existed, until the night she survived a violent attack… and became one herself. After three years at the bottom of the pack, she’d learned to keep her head down and never, ever trust dominant males. Then Charles Cornick, the enforcer—and son—of the leader of the North American werewolves, came into her life.

Charles insists that not only is Anna his mate, but she is also a rare and valued Omega wolf. And it is Anna’s inner strength and calming presence that will prove invaluable as she and Charles go on the hunt in search of a rogue werewolf—a creature bound in magic so dark that it could threaten all of the pack.

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Cinder is back and trying to break out of prison—even though she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive if she does—in this second installment from Marissa Meyer.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother, or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana.

Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews

On the outside, Dina Demille is the epitome of normal. She runs a quaint Victorian Bed and Breakfast in a small Texas town, owns a Shih Tzu named Beast, and is a perfect neighbor, whose biggest problem should be what to serve her guests for breakfast. But Dina is…different: Her broom is a deadly weapon; her Inn is magic and thinks for itself. Meant to be a lodging for otherworldly visitors, the only permanent guest is a retired Galactic aristocrat who can’t leave the grounds because she’s responsible for the deaths of millions and someone might shoot her on sight. Under the circumstances, “normal” is a bit of a stretch for Dina.

And now, something with wicked claws and deepwater teeth has begun to hunt at night….Feeling responsible for her neighbors, Dina decides to get involved. Before long, she has to juggle dealing with the annoyingly attractive, ex-military, new neighbor, Sean Evans—an alpha-strain werewolf—and the equally arresting cosmic vampire soldier, Arland, while trying to keep her inn and its guests safe. But the enemy she’s facing is unlike anything she’s ever encountered before. It’s smart, vicious, and lethal, and putting herself between this creature and her neighbors might just cost her everything.

a Rafflecopter giveaway