logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: movie-review
Load new posts () and activity
text 2017-07-15 16:20
Movie Review: Inferno (2016)

I’ve not read the books by Dan Brown, but I did see The Da Vinci Code and loved it.

I was hoping to get the same intense and engaging feeling as I did with The Da Vinci Code, but unfortunately Inferno lacked in many areas. From what I’ve read on other reviews. Those that read the book will be disappointed in the ending. Even though I didn’t read the book, the ending was too happy, to easy, with everything being wrapped up all nice.

I did find the overpopulation and Dante’s Inferno plot to be interesting. Dan Brown proposes an elegant solution in the form of a “plague” for the overpopulation issue, which was fascinating. Though we don’t get the overpopulation plot resolved or answered. Theirs also a little love story between Langdon and Sinsky which the movie didn’t need. I also didn’t care for the lead Actress who played Sienna. She lacked personality. As for the movie it wasn’t as intense, engaging, and pull you in as The Da Vinci Code was.

Inferno was an okay movie to watch, but it just didn’t carry the same weight as The Da Vinci Code did.

I borrowed this movie from the library.

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/07/movie-review-inferno-2016
text 2017-07-04 16:25
Movie Review: Despicable Me 3 (2017)

Despicable Me 3 was cute, funny, and hilarious at times.

The Minions don’t dominate the film, but add laughs when they show up. The girls are adorable and we get to see Gru and Lucy’s relationship plus the added bones of a long lost twin brother popping up to tempt Gru back into the life of Villains.

I took my 5-year-old son on opening day to see this movie. He wasn’t as glued to the screen like he was with Cars 3. He said and I quote “It was Awesome, but Scary”. To many scenes he felt where to scary, though I didn’t see any of them being scary. I did feel that some of the scenes aren’t appropriate for the kiddy audience and the younger kids won’t get or understand some of the scenes.

Despicable Me 3 is adorable and fun! I had a delightful time and liked the movie. but unfortunately my son didn’t, but he’s only 5, so when he’s older I’m sure he’ll like the Despicable Me movies more.

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/07/movie-review-despicable-me-3-2017
text 2017-06-03 16:08
Movie Review: Moana (2016)

I loved this movie. It was wonderful. It’s truly a wonderful movie for kids and adults.

This movie showcase how important the journey is. It also celebrates the pacific Island culture, their relationship with the ocean and islands as well as preserving their history and looking to the future. Yes, magic is mysterious, wondrous and could have solved the issue, but in the end Moana, Maui, and the Polynesian people had to complete this journey or they wouldn’t have learned a thing.

My 5-year-old also enjoyed the movie. He did comment that the lava monster was scary, but only for that little bit.

What a marvousl movie that is well worth watching. For me I will be watching this again and putting it on my buy list.

Rated: 4 Stars

I borrowed this movie from the library. The library gives me the freedom to watch all the movies I want for free.

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/06/movie-review-moana-2016
text 2017-05-06 16:19
Movie Review: Legend of Tarzan (2016)

This isn’t the child Disney version of Tarzan. This one takes a look at the important historical aspect of the time period. The Legend of Tarzan (2016) movie moves on from the Disney version and focuses on a new chapter, where John Clayton the third aka Tarzan is living in London several years later around 1884 with Jane. They end up going back to the deep jungle where we are treated to action, adventure, and a cat and mouse chase, where we witness local tribesmen being chained up, caged and shipped out as slaves to King Leopold’s empire. Of course Jane, his beloved wife, is also captured and used by the enemy. We are also treated to some comic moments, flashbacks, and soft romance.

For me the Legend of Tarzan (2016) was pleasant and not what I was expecting. I found the historical aspect interesting as well as seeing John (Tarzan) and Jane in a different light. I liked that Jane was no damsel in destress and could take care of herself. I’m glad I waited to see this once it came out. It didn’t wow me, but it was still enjoyable.

Rated: 3 Stars

I borrowed this movie from the library and I’m glad I waited. The library gives me the freedom to watch all the movies I want for free.

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/05/movie-review-legend-of-tarzan-2016
text 2017-04-01 15:58
Movie Review: Kubo and the Two Strings

Kubo and the Two Strings is bold, daring, colorful, and heartbreaking. This movie is a unique tale set in ancient Japan. It’s rich in depth, the storytelling is inventive and fun, and the themes deal with family, reincarnation, and the strength of the human will.

I LOVED Kubo. It was breathtaking. The care and detail poured out of the film. The opening of the movie grabs you. That first line in the opening warns you to “Pay attention.” I was pulled in at the start and at times I was crying. Kubo is deep and emotional.

As for the age group I don’t think a 5-year-old would understand. The mature threads bring characters that might be too much for the younger audience to comprehend. My son, who is 5, saw only bits of the movie and left during the scary parts, or the ones he felt where scary.

For me I will be watching this again and putting it on my buy list. Hopeful when my kid is older he will be able to appreciate the amazing and stunning details of Kubo and the Two Strings.

Rated: 5 Stars