logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: movie-review
Load new posts () and activity
text 2017-12-09 16:34
Movie Review: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (2016)

I haven’t read the books, so I can’t compare what was in the book and what was in the movie. Sometimes that’s good; because the movie never lives up to the book.

I thought the movie was a delight and entertaining enough. I really enjoyed the movies visual effects. This film was a little dark and yet had a little quirky feel to it. I wasn’t a fan of the implied romance between the air girl and Jake. It just didn’t come across. I found the “peculiar” aspect interesting and fun. I also liked Miss Peregrine’s character.

I borrowed this movie from the library. I’m glad I didn’t go see this in the theaters like I wanted to. It was good, but not great.

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/12/movie-review-miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children-2016
review 2017-11-22 22:35
Movie Review: Coco (2017)

Went on open day to see Coco with my son.

My boy is 6. He made it through the special feature of Olaf’s Frozen Adventure, it was very cute, and then as soon as the movie started he was like I want to leave. This movie is too scary. I don’t want to watch. I really don’t understand young kids. Some movies he’s all into and others he finds a reason to say that they are to scary.

Coco was not scary, well maybe the skeleton’s in the land of the dead could be scary, but they are not featured right off. We start by learning the story of Miguel’s family and his dreams of becoming a musician like his idol. He finds himself in the land of the dead and meeting up with his relatives, who then go on an adventure. Along the way he and his family learn the true story of his families history and how important family is.

I loved how Mexico was represented, The culture, the music, and the colors. I loved the musical numbers, the animation was wonderful, and I loved how the story all played out. The colors are so vibrant and the characters where marvelous. The characters and story had me crying at least 3 different times during the movie.

Coco is a sensational Pixar production. For my son, he wasn’t into the movie, but for me I adored Coco and want to watch it again.

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/11/movie-review-coco-2017
text 2017-09-02 16:39
Movie Review: Angels & Demons (2009)

I’ve never read a Dan Brown book. As a reader I should give the books a try. I know from previous experience that the movie is never as good as the book sometimes. The movie people try to cram a bunch of things in that never fully come across as we would hope or to much gets left out.

I decided to re-watch Angels & Demons after watching the latest release Inferno. Now Inferno, not so good, but I enjoyed Angels and Demons all over again.

The storyline kept me engaged and was exciting. I was kept on my toes by the mystery and hunt to find what they where looking for before time runs out. I liked going into the Vatican and running around Rome for clues. I also enjoyed Tom Hanks in this one.

Angels & Demons was an non-stop mystery and Rome took the show.

I borrowed this movie from the library.

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/09/movie-review-angels-demons-2009
text 2017-08-19 23:46
Movie Review: Logan (2017)

Logan

What a major let down. I’ve enjoyed the Wolverine & X-Men series, but this one was bad.

The whole movie was a bunch of killing and violence. It makes for lots of action, but really it was too much; especially with a kid doing a lot of the  – stabbing. The movie was way to long for my linking and I couldn’t wait for it to end. I was also confused and didn’t understand where things where going with Logan, these kids, and Professor X. It was a little heartbreaking.

Hugh Jackman did a fine job in his role as Logan and so did Patrick Stewart for Professor X. They both are wonderful actors and play their roles perfectly.

I’m glad I didn’t buy or go see this in the theater. I’ve enjoyed some of the other Wolverine and X-Men movies, but this was a disappointment.

I borrowed this movie from the library.

I’m a 35 outdoor sun loving reader living near San Fransisco. I’m a mother, wife, dog owner, animal, and book lover. I’m the owner, reviewer, and mind behind Angel’s Guilty Pleasures. My favorite animals are horses & dogs. As for reading I love all things paranormal & urban fantasy. My favorite shifters are dragons!

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/08/movie-review-logan-2017
text 2017-08-05 16:05
Movie Review: Cars 3 (2017)

Cars 3 was AWSOME. Really it’s a great movie for kids and adults.

We went to see Cars 3 on opening day. My 5-year-old son loved the move and he said I quote: “Can we see it again. That was AMAZING!!” He was glued to the screen from the opening scene to the very end.

As for me I loved seeing all the old characters and meeting new ones. I liked going back to Docs roots and where he started his carrier. I liked Cruz who is currently Lightning McQueens coach/trainer, yet things change and she learns a lot from Lightning. I will say it was sad to see McQueen face some hard facts; that he may not be able to bet these young racers and may never be the McQueen he once was. I was hoping for him to have a big comeback after his accident, but life doesn’t always allow that to happen no mater how hard you try, but when one door closes another opens and Lightening learns this lesson.

5 AMAZING Stars from my son and 5 WONDERFUL entertaining stars from me.

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/08/movie-review-cars-3-2017