logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: movie-review
Load new posts () and activity
text 2019-01-20 00:21

Length: 1h 32min
Rating: PG

Favourite character: Amanda Kirby

Crush: Billy Brennan
Least favourite character: Don’t really have one
Favourite line: Don’t really have one.

Mini-Review: Despite the lack of Ian Malcolm, I like this movie due to it’s lack of dino snacks. But it’s replaced by a dangling rotted skeleton and since I have a phobia of bones, that kind of takes it down a couple of notches on the favourite scale. But I love Billy, I know some people hate him, but I love him. Also Ellie's scenes. Ellie is gold. So this is pretty good.

text 2019-01-19 03:03

Favourite character: Kelly

Crush: Ian Malcolm & Nick Van Owen
Least favourite character: Dieter Stark
Favourite line: Basically everything Ian Malcolm says

Mini-Review: These movies always make me feel slightly sick to be completely honest. I tend to veer away from movies like this, monster dinosaur movies that eat people. Scares the crap out of me. But I watched these movies for a kid I babysit and became strangely fascinated. So while I watch, nauseated, I just focus on Jeff Goldblum. That’s all I really have to say.

text 2019-01-17 23:00

Favourite character: Ellie Sattler
Favourite dinosaur: Dilophosaurus
Crush: Ian Malcolm (duh)
Least favourite character: Gennaro
Favourite line: Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don’t eat the tourists.

Mini-Review: The first time I ever watched this movie, I turned it off at the washroom scene. If you’ve seen this movie, you know what I’m talking about. The scene when Ellie and Alan first see the dinosaurs makes me cry. For someone who is squeamish, I enjoy this movie a lot. I just have to figure out when to close my eyes/leave the room.

text 2019-01-10 13:46
Movie Review: How To Train Your Dragon

Title: How To Train Your Dragon
Year of Release: 2010
Starring: Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, America Ferrera, Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Length: 1h 38min
Rating: 4.5 out 5 stars

Favourite character: Ruffnut and Tuffnut… I will always have a soft spot for my two knuckleheads.

Crush: N/A
Least favourite character: Snotlout
Favourite line: Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile.

Mini-Review: This movie is so good. The animation is stellar, the writing fantastic. I can’t wait to read the book series, even though I here it’s infinitely different than the movies. The only thing I have a problem with is this: Why do the adults have Scottish accents and the kids are American. Does this not bother anyone else? This movie is just… I have no words. And now I’m going to watch the TV shows and my baby is going to be introduced!! Hasta la vista kids.

Gifs not mine. Credit to creators.

text 2019-01-10 13:30

Length: 1h 37 min

Favourite character: Bryony

Crush: N/A
Least favourite character: Steve
Favourite line: There’s always time for a bow!

Mini-Review: I absolutely adore this movie. I love how they make Christmas more like a Special OP for the army or CIA or something rather than just happy-go-lucky elves high on sugar throwing presents at Santa. They have gadgets, GPSs. It’s beautiful. This is one of my favourite Christmas movies and I watch it every since I discovered this gem of a movie. I didn’t get to watch it on Christmas this year as my dad won the argument and we watched The Polar Express. Hence why I’m watch a Christmas movie in January, because I’m cheap and decided I needed to watch it regardless because I wasn’t wasting that $2.99 I spent on renting it. Anyways, love this movie. It’s in my top 3 Christmas movies. (How the Grinch Stole Christmas will forever hold the number one spot, but this is a close second.)

Gifs are not mine. Credit to creators.