logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: movie-review
Load new posts () and activity
text 2017-09-02 16:39
Movie Review: Angels & Demons (2009)

I’ve never read a Dan Brown book. As a reader I should give the books a try. I know from previous experience that the movie is never as good as the book sometimes. The movie people try to cram a bunch of things in that never fully come across as we would hope or to much gets left out.

I decided to re-watch Angels & Demons after watching the latest release Inferno. Now Inferno, not so good, but I enjoyed Angels and Demons all over again.

The storyline kept me engaged and was exciting. I was kept on my toes by the mystery and hunt to find what they where looking for before time runs out. I liked going into the Vatican and running around Rome for clues. I also enjoyed Tom Hanks in this one.

Angels & Demons was an non-stop mystery and Rome took the show.

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/09/movie-review-angels-demons-2009
text 2017-08-19 23:46
Movie Review: Logan (2017)

Logan

What a major let down. I’ve enjoyed the Wolverine & X-Men series, but this one was bad.

The whole movie was a bunch of killing and violence. It makes for lots of action, but really it was too much; especially with a kid doing a lot of the  – stabbing. The movie was way to long for my linking and I couldn’t wait for it to end. I was also confused and didn’t understand where things where going with Logan, these kids, and Professor X. It was a little heartbreaking.

Hugh Jackman did a fine job in his role as Logan and so did Patrick Stewart for Professor X. They both are wonderful actors and play their roles perfectly.

I’m glad I didn’t buy or go see this in the theater. I’ve enjoyed some of the other Wolverine and X-Men movies, but this was a disappointment.

I borrowed this movie from the library.

I’m a 35 outdoor sun loving reader living near San Fransisco. I’m a mother, wife, dog owner, animal, and book lover. I’m the owner, reviewer, and mind behind Angel’s Guilty Pleasures. My favorite animals are horses & dogs. As for reading I love all things paranormal & urban fantasy. My favorite shifters are dragons!

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/08/movie-review-logan-2017
text 2017-08-05 16:05
Movie Review: Cars 3 (2017)

Cars 3 was AWSOME. Really it’s a great movie for kids and adults.

We went to see Cars 3 on opening day. My 5-year-old son loved the move and he said I quote: “Can we see it again. That was AMAZING!!” He was glued to the screen from the opening scene to the very end.

As for me I loved seeing all the old characters and meeting new ones. I liked going back to Docs roots and where he started his carrier. I liked Cruz who is currently Lightning McQueens coach/trainer, yet things change and she learns a lot from Lightning. I will say it was sad to see McQueen face some hard facts; that he may not be able to bet these young racers and may never be the McQueen he once was. I was hoping for him to have a big comeback after his accident, but life doesn’t always allow that to happen no mater how hard you try, but when one door closes another opens and Lightening learns this lesson.

5 AMAZING Stars from my son and 5 WONDERFUL entertaining stars from me.

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/08/movie-review-cars-3-2017
text 2017-07-15 16:20
Movie Review: Inferno (2016)

I’ve not read the books by Dan Brown, but I did see The Da Vinci Code and loved it.

I was hoping to get the same intense and engaging feeling as I did with The Da Vinci Code, but unfortunately Inferno lacked in many areas. From what I’ve read on other reviews. Those that read the book will be disappointed in the ending. Even though I didn’t read the book, the ending was too happy, to easy, with everything being wrapped up all nice.

I did find the overpopulation and Dante’s Inferno plot to be interesting. Dan Brown proposes an elegant solution in the form of a “plague” for the overpopulation issue, which was fascinating. Though we don’t get the overpopulation plot resolved or answered. Theirs also a little love story between Langdon and Sinsky which the movie didn’t need. I also didn’t care for the lead Actress who played Sienna. She lacked personality. As for the movie it wasn’t as intense, engaging, and pull you in as The Da Vinci Code was.

Inferno was an okay movie to watch, but it just didn’t carry the same weight as The Da Vinci Code did.

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/07/movie-review-inferno-2016
text 2017-07-04 16:25
Movie Review: Despicable Me 3 (2017)

Despicable Me 3 was cute, funny, and hilarious at times.

The Minions don’t dominate the film, but add laughs when they show up. The girls are adorable and we get to see Gru and Lucy’s relationship plus the added bones of a long lost twin brother popping up to tempt Gru back into the life of Villains.

I took my 5-year-old son on opening day to see this movie. He wasn’t as glued to the screen like he was with Cars 3. He said and I quote “It was Awesome, but Scary”. To many scenes he felt where to scary, though I didn’t see any of them being scary. I did feel that some of the scenes aren’t appropriate for the kiddy audience and the younger kids won’t get or understand some of the scenes.

Despicable Me 3 is adorable and fun! I had a delightful time and liked the movie. but unfortunately my son didn’t, but he’s only 5, so when he’s older I’m sure he’ll like the Despicable Me movies more.

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/07/movie-review-despicable-me-3-2017