logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: requested-reads-to-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-04-18 20:47
Book Review for Cipher by Larissa Ione
Cipher: A Demonica Underworld Novella Kindle Edition - Larissa Ione

• Cipher by Larissa Ione
  • A Demonica Underworld Novella
  • File Size: 382 KB
  • Print Length: 193 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated (April 9, 2019)
  • Publication Date: April 9, 2019
  • ASIN: B07KQP2ZLH
  • Arc copy Provided for honest review

In the war between good and evil, sometimes the biggest battles take place inside the soul…and the heart.

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione, comes CIPHER, a passionate and spellbinding novella from the Demonica Underworld Series, brought to you by 1,001 Dark Nights! Be sure you grab your copy today!

About CIPHER:

Purchase Universal Amazon Kindle Link-

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione comes a new story in her Demonica Underworld series…

It’s been seven months since Cipher, an Unfallen angel who straddled a razor thin line between good and evil, woke up in hell with a new set of wings, a wicked pair of fangs, and a handler who’s as beautiful as she is dangerous. As a laid-back cyber-specialist who once assisted guardian angels, he’d been in a prime position to earn back his halo. But now, as a True Fallen forced to use his talents for malevolence, he must fight not only his captors and his sexy handler, but the growing corruption inside him…before the friends searching for him become his enemies and he becomes his own worst nightmare.

Lyre is a fallen angel with a heart full of hate. When she’s assigned to ensure that Cipher carries out their boss’s orders, she sees an opportunity to take revenge on those who wronged her. All she has to do is appeal to Cipher’s burgeoning dark side. But the devastatingly handsome fellow True Fallen has other ideas — sexy ideas that threaten to derail all Lyre’s plans and put them in the path of an approaching hell storm.

Danger and desire explode, even as Cipher and Lyre unravel a sinister plot that will fracture the underworld and send shockwaves into Heaven itself…

**Every 1001 Dark Nights novella is a standalone story. For new readers, it’s an introduction to an author’s world. And for fans, it’s a bonus book in the author’s series. We hope you'll enjoy each one as much as we do. **

“Ione has made a major name for herself with her amazing Demonica series.”

~ Romantic Times Book Reviews

Let's start of by saying this is one of my favorite authors and anything she writes I just love she definitely and auto buy author for us and we are really loving this on going series and its character's. Cipher and Lyre are one of my favorite character pair especially after this current story as they turned out to be perfect for one another.

Cipher who was once an angel now Unfallen and soon to be True Fallen is coming into his own powers. He is trapped in another dimension and is being tortured over and over again to again access to information that could effect hundreds of lives but,more is in play than just that and he needs to escape before he breaks and betrays the ones he loves.

Lyre is Ciphers handler tasked by Bael to extract the information he wants at any means and she decides she is up to the job to further her own wants and desires to enact her own revenge of the wrongs done to her.

We loved this story from cover to cover.The story was gripping and suspenseful and had wonderful evil character's.We loved Cipher from the onset of the story and that he fought as hard as he did to protect the ones he loves.

A friendship was forged in the pits of hell and now Lyre is examining her own choices that she's made and fines she no longer needs to seek the vengeance on those who wronged her so long ago.

We loved Cipher and Lyre as they had some major chemistry going on between them and I found them to be perfect one another even with all the obstacles standing between them.I love the fact that Lyre was able to retain her sweetness and kindness living in and living with such evil on a daily basis.We loved how she was willing to make great sacrifices in order to help Cipher in preserving his secrets.

Cipher I found to be sexy as sin and no matter his dire circumstances retained his sense of humor that made us laugh out loud more than once.Lyre was just one of those character's that there is more than meets the eye than what's is on the surface as she has learned to mask her feelings and keep her secrets.

Overall we really loved this story it was packed with action and adventure,was intriguing,had tons of drama,healing and finding love in all the wrong places.The story kept me glued to the pages the entire time and we loved the character's both good and evil.

About Larissa Ione:

Larissa Ione is a N
ew York Times and USA Today bestselling author. An Air Force veteran, she traded in a career as a meteorologist to pursue her passion of writing. She now spends her days in pajamas with her computer, strong coffee, and supernatural worlds. She believes in celebrating everything, and would never be caught without a bottle of Champagne chilling in the fridge…just in case. She currently lives in Wisconsin with her U.S. Coast Guard husband, her teenage son, a rescue cat named Vegas, and her very own hellhound, a King Shepherd named Hexe.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | 1001 Dark Nights

review 2019-04-17 08:45
Conceited (Crimson Elite #3) - T.L. Smith

Let's start off by saying this is a fairly new author for us and we really enjoyed our second read by them .The only thing we disliked is we wish that the author had written and Epilogue. I strongly dislike authors that end books just like this author did as we love seeing a glimpse into the future especially if the romance was a rocky road to get to a happily ever after.Just a personal pet peeve of mine.

We really loved the character's Ariel/Raven and Falcon (love their names) they were a lot of fun and both of them had vibrant personalities which we love.Falcon the man whore who has women falling at his feet and then you have the feisty Black haired raven who is mouthy as all get out and we loved her sassiness and her spunk as she made us laugh time and time again. Raven's character's was a hoot ! We found her to be strong,successful,smart,independent,caring funny,and one of those women who doesn't even know her own sex appeal."We loved her from the very beginning!"

Falcon-We love his name! We found Falcon to be way to cocky for his own good,sexy as sin ,was confident ,had this dangerous aura than surrounds him, is dangerous but, he could also be playful and tease but, not one who gives up the chase quite so easily.

We love the other character's as well like Darby,Echo,Creed all had different personalities some of them light and funny,others all serious like and others dark and dangerous.We loved Tracey and Chad as they livened things up and were tell it like it is kind of people the perfect friends who will have no problem giving you a kick in the a** when you need it. grinning.....

The plot was a lot of fun we loved the cat a mouse chase going on between these two Falcon and Raven ,we loved their banter and we even loved Falcon's cockiness because his antic's really made us smile throughout the whole story.We loved to that we saw that he had some vulnerability to him and the whole relationship was a new learning platform for him.That saying is true for Falcon "When the Fall they Fall Hard " because his besties new he was in love even before he did or at-least they suspected it because of his actions and deeds .Raven and Falcon had some major chemistry for sure and just one taste of one another will never be enough but, with these two stubborn and strong willed people will never make falling it love easy but, their journey will gives us tons of laughs and smiles along the way.

Some favorite quotes of ours from this story

"Stop stealing my kisses.” … “Those kisses are being begged to be stolen. So, I’ll keep stealing them each and every time.”

"He told me he wanted me to be his first, last and everything in between.”

"Falcon is like a fine wine, while you have him you have to savor him.”

Overall the story was quite enjoyable and we loved getting to know all the character's and we can't wait to read Darby's,and Creed's story.This was one fun read that was full of tons of chemistry and had really hot sexual interludes as well as making us laugh out loud time and time again.I really think we are really going to love this series. We recommend the read to all ! We are looking forward to reading more of this author's works !

review 2019-04-13 07:08

Release Date: April 4, 2019

• File Size: 2421 KB
  • Print Length: 356 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: Twisted Fiction Publishing (April 4, 2019)
  • Publication Date: April 4, 2019
  • ASIN: B07MPPFPXD
  • ARC copy provided for honest review
  • 5 stars from us

NOTE: Judge of Hell may contain triggers for some due to mature content, abusive situations, and harsh language

Fierce, loyal, controlled. Three things Judge became at a young age.

Enduring unimaginable horrors no child should, he swore no person would dictate his or his brother’s lives again.

Revenge fueled him, setting a path destined from the moment he and his brothers escaped their hell. Nothing would stop him from destroying the ones who’d wronged him, even if that meant giving up the only woman to ever make him feel more than the heat of vengeance.

He let Ellie go, threw her away, never knowing the consequences of his actions.

Twelve years later, she reappears in his life, and she has some hellacious secrets of her own. Ones that knock Judge on his ass and threaten his ironclad control.

His life quickly changes course. Priorities are shifted and sacrifices are made. Judge has a decision to make. Will he give up his incessant need for retribution? Or will he sacrifice something he never dreamed he could have, but desperately wants.

Or is it possible to have both?

I am a big fan of this authors books the more of them I read the more I fall in love with this authors books and each and every book we have read so far has been utterly fantastic!Judge of Hell Was an awesome story that shook me to the core until the very end.

I have really read some very Dark Romance books in my time but, this series is the darkest to date.I have to say that the story had me on edge the entire time and it also made me uncomfortable ,make me shake,made me grieve,brought tears to my eyes time and time again.

The story effected you emotionally it was impossible not to.This story was one of those stories that had you engrossed and enmeshed in this suspenseful story.This story gripped my heart and was so heart wrenching at times that I thought if I was not going to be able to finish the book out.

I always pick a favorite character and this time around mine is going to be Judge. I loved his character from the onset of the story as I loved his protectiveness, his bossy attitude and his sexy smile but, most of all loved that he was able to move beyond his past although it will never be forgotten and how much he suffered.We loved how he took to Maisy like a duck to water and loved that little girl instantly.

We loved Ellie as well she fit Judge perfectly she was the Light to his Dark.I loved that Ellie was a little bit broken herself not that she was broken to begin with or the tragic events that happen to her gave her but, it gave her another look on life but, now had a better understanding of what fear was and what it was like living with a constant fear.She was probably a better fit for Judge now due to all the pain and suffering she endured and would have a better understanding of the man Judge has become and the choices he now makes daily and why he does what he does.I loved the way Ellie loved her daughter she was fierce protective and would do just about anything to save her daughter even if it means going to the devil himself.

We have to say that well loved all the other characters as well especially those hardened broken men who think they are so broken that they deserve to be alone.My heart went out to each and every of those men for the all suffered from.We loved that we saw Judge heal right before our eyes and a sweet little girl named Maisy played a big part of that happening she was good for all of them but, most of all she was good for Emo and I have to say my heart melted more than once with his interactions with that little girl they actually made me shed tears!

This story had us on one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride with all that suspense both present and past and also for the tragedies both past and present.I can't even talk about Hell Night because it makes me sick and brings me pain.

The romance between Judge and Ellie was super hot! Playful as well as sweet.What I loved most about the connection these two forged is that she was the perfect balm to his tortured soul.We also loved that no matter how much time past these two never fell out of love with each other but, getting to know who they are now and mending fences between them is not and easy task but, with the love of their surrounding family anything is possible.

Overall a superb suspense Dark Romance read that took you on one heck of a ride and it was so emotional,touching,gripping and heart wrenching that you could not help be engrossed in this tragic story to the very end.I will say that the story stayed with me hours after finish reading it and even effected by dreams that night and not in a good way.

We loved the thrilling ride!

I need to go back and read book one with Troubles story because I need to see how all these broken men find their happily ever afters now....

Personal note- This story is not for the faint of heart and not for individuals that have triggers when it comes to excessive violence and rape victims.This story was tragic and effected men women and children.I do not recommend reading this story at night time.

review 2019-04-13 06:38
Book Review for Snitches Get Stitches (The Bear Bottom Guardians MC Book 8) by Lani Lynn Vale
Snitches Get Stitches (Bear Bottom Guardians MC #8) - Lani Lynn Vale

Snitches Get Stitches (The Bear Bottom Guardians MC Book 8)

by Lani Lynn Vale

• ARC copy provided for honest review

Good vs Bad.

Light vs Dark.

Right vs Wrong.

There are always two sides to every coin.

Josiah ‘Liner’ Paldecki knew the moment he laid eyes on her that there was something different about her. Something special. Something so unique that it practically poleaxed him the moment that their eyes met.

Except, the next time he saw her, it was like she was a different woman altogether. There was a blankness to her eyes that concerned him. An air of menace about her that honestly scared him to death. He’s more than man enough to admit it.
At first, Liner thinks it’s because she’s bi-polar, or possibly psychopathic.

Then he realizes the truth.

That there isn’t a single person that exhibits such different personalities, but two.

Two identical twin sisters, both completely different, yet exactly the same.

One with a soul, and one without.

One that has his heart, and one that only wants to destroy it.

Ever hear curiosity killed the cat ?"Well", for Liner that is partly true.Liner for sometime noticed something was wrong with one of the members women that he could not just put his finger on what it was and years later he is still obsessing until it leads him on a path to satisfy his spidey sense which leads him to Theo and Linny.

This story was a very emotional one especially sense one of the main character's had been tortured in one sense or another her entire life but, there had been a few brief few days that they knew what it was like to know what love and happiness was all about.

As the story unfolds it had tons of drama,suspicions,twists and turns and was about love a sacrifices and finding love for a couple when neither were expecting it, but would change three lives forever. So touching.....

Theo-We found her to be sweet kind,caring,brave,loving,and a women who had been abused for 20 plus years and yet still remained pure of heart.

Liner-We just loved him! We found him to be caring,loving,sexy,protective,determined and a bloodhound when it came to obtaining knowledge and a man for once in his life is going to follow his heart and where it leads him.

Overall this was a great read for us that had a ton of things going on to keep us engaged and turning the pages.As the story unfolds more and more secrets come to light and three people who deserve to be together need to overcome some huge obstacles and one heck of a rocky road in order for them to obtained their happily ever afters and to truly grasps all that their heart desires.

"Well done"! "Our favorite kind of story"!

Another great read that goes into the keeper pile for us to be read over and over again.Lani Lynn Vale is truly one of our favorite authors and each and every time gives us character's to fall in love and each and every time we do just that when she creates a new story for us to dive right in and we do it all over again!

AVAILABLE NOW

Amazon | Amazon AU | Amazon CA | Amazon UK | Kobo | Nook | Apple

Lani Lynn Vale is a USA Today Bestselling Author of over thirty titles. She is married with three children, two dogs, two cats, a donkey, and a couple (a couple also meaning over twenty) chickens.

When she’s not writing, you can find her curled up in her favorite chair reading.

Lani is married with three children and lives in the Great State of Texas.

review 2019-04-13 03:16

• Print Length: 236 pages
  • Publication Date: March 29, 2019
  • ASIN: B07N7G672H
  • Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
  • Arc provided for honest review

Raven
Raven‘s secrets have shaped the woman she is; solitary and closed off. After being let down by the one person that should have always been there, Raven has built her wall up so high, nobody could possibly scale them. She takes care of herself. She has her own back. She might live surrounded by her brother’s club, the Fallen Lords MC, but the family and brotherhood they preach is a load of crap and she isn’t buying any of it.

Clash
Babysitting his president’s baby sister isn’t a hardship. Keeping Raven safe from the Ultra isn’t a problem for a man like Clash either. Keeping her from being destroyed by her inner demons is what threatens to bring him to his knees. When truths come to light and clash with reality, Clash is determined to be the one Raven can count on. Even if she refuses to admit it’s what she needs.

Let's start by saying we are enjoying this series as well as this current read.

Clash and Ravens love story was a complicated one as there is more then meets the eye when it comes to Raven and the way she acts as Clash is the only one who is seeing whats below the surface and that she is sad and lonely and hurt but, also that she is hiding something huge and he is just the man that will uncover all her secrets. These two them made such a cute couple together as they had chemistry and sparks but, most of all Clash was able to read Raven to a tee as he new when to push her and when to retreat.

The story brought us tons of laughs .Although the girl gang made us laugh as always the story itself was pretty tame other than the on going  MC drama going on in the club itself but, Raven spiced things up a bit but, it was also about healing and second chances which made this one sweet romance read!

I did love how this couple fell in love and it just seemed just so natural like it was a forgone conclusion just when it would happen would be anybody's guess.

Clash's character I found to be protective,kind,caring,and had a sense of humor.He gave us tons of laughs that made us love him all the more.

Raven-I found her to be a bitch at first until we got to know her character than things started making sense about her behavior and then we discovered that she had a heart after all .

The story was and easy one to read and it flowed nicely and kept your interest and brought tons of laughs and giggles and it had a sweet romance,a little bit of drama and a few surprises in the mix to shake things up to make it another great read in this on going series. We really enjoyed this sweet romance read.The characters as always were all amazing  they are just a fun bunch to read about.

We loved it and we are so looking forward to the next in this on going series.

“Behave,” Mayra said softy.
           I feigned looking offended and held my hand to my chest. “Are you insinuating that I don’t behave, Mayra?”
           A smirk spread across her lips. She reached over and rested her hand on my arm. “We both know you don’t behave, Raven. I just mean try not to kill Freak before Clash gets back here to keep your ass under control.”
           “He wished he had control of this ass,” I mumbled.
           She squeezed my arm and stood up. “We’ll continue our discussion later.”
           I nodded. “I look forward to avoiding that at all costs.”
           “Lord,” she mumbled under her breath. “Later, girl.”
           Mayra practically ran across the clubhouse and right into Boink’s arms. Boink nodded to me, and I flipped him off. I had to keep these guys on their toes. Swear to God, they all thought they just needed to tip their heads and women would do their bidding.
           Not this chick.
           No fucking way.
           “Do I need to put my running shoes on?” Freak called from the couch.
           “You looking for a workout, Freak? I’m sure I could show you a couple of things you ain’t never even heard of.”
           I heard him audibly choke on his cereal.

That was what you got when you tried to one-up me.

Winter Travers is a devoted wife, mother, and aunt turned author who was born and raised in Wisconsin. After a brief stint in South Carolina following her heart to chase the man who is now her hubby, they retreated back up North to the changing seasons, and the place they now call home.

Winter spends her days writing happily ever afters, and her nights zipping around on her forklift at work. She also has an addiction to anything MC related, her dog Thunder, and Mexican food! (Tamales!)

Winter loves to stay connected with her readers. Don’t hesitate to reach out and contact her.