My 2014 April wrap up and May TBR. So happy to be back and making videos.
When it came time for me to make this list, I realized that I didn't really read that many GREAT books this year. Which is quite sad. But I did manage to pick out 13 books that I felt deserved to be in my top 13.
So here we go!
13. Carnival Of Souls by Melissa Marr. When I first read the book I wasn't sure what to think of it, and the more I read and thought about it, the more I liked it.
12. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. Such a cute, fun, and quirky book. I would really like to try out Semple's other book, This One Is Mine.
11. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Such a great suspense novel, had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I can't wait to see the movie adaptation! As well I can't wait to read more of Flynn's works!
10. The Elite by Kiera Cass. The second novel in The Selection series. Love this series so far and I cannot wait for The One to come out!
9. Tigers Voyage by Colleen Houck. This whole series is my favorite, I just can't get enough of it…although I still need to read the fourth book in the series. Oops. Better get on that soon.
8. Throne Of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. A fabulous assassin novel. Can't wait to read Crown Of Midnight and see how this series continues!
7. The Name Of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. A beast of a read, but so so worth it. You get completely sucked into a whole other world and it really makes you not want to come back.
6. Darkness Falls by Cate Tiernan. The second book in the Immortal Beloved series. I adore this whole series, Tiernan is amazing. But the second was hands down my favourite. So much action, it had me hooked after the very first sentence.
5. Siege And Storm by Leigh Bardugo. The second book in the Grisha series. If you haven't read this series yet, stop reading this and go read it. Right now. You are missing out. It is amazeballs.
4. The Heart Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein. Told from the point of view of Enzo, a dog. This book had me smiling, crying, laughing, sobbing. All the feels.
3. A Clash Of Kings by George R.R. Martin. The second in the Song Of Ice And Fire series. I haven't even finished this book yet, but Martin's writing is so flawless there is no way I couldn't put this on the list. He picks you up and drops you into a whole new world. His characters are amazing and his story writing is phenomenal. One of my absolute favourite series and I am only two books in.
2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I just did my review of this book and if you saw it then you know I was raving about it. An easy 5 stars for this one.
1. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. I had a tough time placing this one on the list. But after thinking about it for quite a while, there was no way I couldn't put it as number one. I absolutely adored this book, beginning to end. I really never wanted it to end. I am currently reading The New Hunger, the prequel and I CANNOT WAIT for the second book to come out. So happy it is being made into a series!
So what did you think of my list? Do you agree or disagree with any of my choices? If you made a top list of 2013 let me know in the comments so I can check it out!
Tomorrow I will be posting my reading goals of 2014 so be on the lookout for that!
Here we are again for another weekend reads. I'm sorry that I have been lacking so much in posts. I've been insanely busy, especially with the holidays. But now it is time for me to relax and enjoy my two lovely days off.
So this weekend I will be finishing up a few current reads which are:
Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready, which is the first book in the Shade series.
A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, the second book in the Song of Ice and Fire series, and is a beast of a book.
And lastly we have The New Hunger by Isaac Marion, the prequel to Warm Bodies.
Maybe I will get reaaaally lucky and finish all of these and be able to start some others as well. I have zero plans this weekend, so I might hermit and read ALL weekend long :)
Hope you guys are having a great month of reading, and I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and holidays.
Let me know what you are currently reading!
Well it's Saturday, and that means it is time for another weekend reads!
The first book I picked out of my TBR jar, and it is The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. The second book in the The Maze Runner series.
And the second was just something I have been itching to pick up lately, and it is How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran.
I'm so excited to get to both of these!
Have you read either of these? Let me know!
Sorry I haven't been posting very much lately.
Here's my excuse...
I've been a little bit too busy watching Bones Season 1 and ugh, I'm so in love. Cannot wait to read the series by Kathy Reichs that the tv show was based off of.
Have you read this series/watch the tv show?
Let me know!